Welcome to unstablemolecules.com!

Betrayal Game: Discussion Thread

Want to invite new players to your role-playing game, or are you needing help starting a new one ? This is the place to talk about it.
MartijnB

Re: Betrayal Game: Discussion Thread

Post by MartijnB » 08 Oct 2017, 18:24

I'd be in!

unused_bagels

Post by unused_bagels » 19 Oct 2017, 01:37

Gibbering Fool wrote:
05 Oct 2017, 07:43
Ah the Betrayal Games. I was there at the begining, when they were a simple "name two suspects" then they evolved into role-playing games. I"d be in if they came back.
I liked it when it was like that, too, like a board game with minimal roleplaying. You could doll it up or dress it down as much as you liked. If I wanted full on RP I'd go to my site lol...

I came here to escape my own website XD
UNCANNY X-MEN: NEXUS
The old game is still going! Dice-based head-canon before the MRA. Players welcome!

Gibbering Fool

Post by Gibbering Fool » 19 Oct 2017, 06:24

unused_bagels wrote:
19 Oct 2017, 01:37
Gibbering Fool wrote:
05 Oct 2017, 07:43
Ah the Betrayal Games. I was there at the begining, when they were a simple "name two suspects" then they evolved into role-playing games. I"d be in if they came back.
I liked it when it was like that, too, like a board game with minimal roleplaying. You could doll it up or dress it down as much as you liked. If I wanted full on RP I'd go to my site lol...

I came here to escape my own website XD
I enjoyed it more once it became a role playing game lol but I'm easy with either approach really

unused_bagels

Post by unused_bagels » 30 Oct 2017, 17:23

Does anyone have the original rules posted anywhere?
UNCANNY X-MEN: NEXUS
The old game is still going! Dice-based head-canon before the MRA. Players welcome!

das_boot

Post by das_boot » 06 Dec 2017, 10:17

The original rules?
-a player is the killer and must attempt to kill everyone else’s character
-a new character is killed each round. A round consists of two-three days or until everyone has voted for Who they think is the killer, but that depends on the host. Votes for suspects can be done privately or publicly, depending on the host.
-The killer contacts the host before the next round goes up, telling them who they want the host to kill off next.
-once a character reaches the required amount of votes to force a revelation, they must declare their guilt or innocence. A revelation of innocence means that the killer gets an extra kill the next round.
-The host may choose to hand out a role called “paranoia kill”, where a player who is NOT the killer gets a one-shot role that allows them to kill the player that they suspect is the killer. If they guess incorrectly, they’re killed off in the next host post.
- the players win if they correctly identify the killer. The killer wins if they manage to eliminate everyone. The host wins by hosting a game that contains challenging clues, but is fair to both the killer and the players.
UNCANON WRITERS-- Kick me for feedback

"After all these years, how do you not instinctively fear me?" -- Veronica Mars