Welcome to unstablemolecules.com!

Betrayal Game #76:Deadly Terrigenesis-Sign Up and Discussion

Want to invite new players to your role-playing game, or are you needing help starting a new one ? This is the place to talk about it.
Wings

Betrayal Game #76:Deadly Terrigenesis-Sign Up and Discussion

Post by Wings » 31 Jul 2016, 18:50

New Attilan, The Hudson River
For Queen Medusa of the Inhumans, it had been another busy fruitless day combatting the ever growing threats that encroached on New Attilan. They had made progress in locating their lost people and bringing new members of their race into the fold, but the list of those who wanted the Inhumans dead grew by the minute.

Mutantkind was chief among those who wanted Medusa's people gone and forgotten.

Not that Medusa could blame them to be fair. Blackagar's foolish gambit against Thanos was costing mutants their lives. It had rendered them unable to bear children because of the effects the sacred Terrigen that gave the Inhumans their abilities and despite their best efforts, no on e had found a solution that pleased both sides.

As she tossed and turned in her stately rooms at the heart of the Hudson River, Medusa could feel the tide turning. How much longer would mutants suffer without violent retribution. How long before the uneasy truce between them and mutantkind's self proclaimed protectorate, the X-Men, was shattered?

Time was running out. A harsh but simple truth.

Medusa rose from her silk sheets. Her lover, Jonathan Storm was with the Avengers. Her sister Crystalia was half a world away, and Blackagar Boltogon was running a scoundrel's den.

But there was one man she knew would be in Attilan and awake, even at this hour of the night.

Dr. Henry McCoy didn't bother to hail Medusa as she entered the laboratory she had provided for the former X-Man. He was busy monitoring the vitals of the handful of mutants he was attempting to treat here.

“Oh Julian....” Beast sighed, as he gazed down at one patient in particular, a raven-haired young man who had arrived here mere weeks before.

“Is his condition worsening, Doctor?” enquired Medusa. Beast's expression was grim as Medusa's words shook him from his reverie.

“I've known Julian a long time, Queen Medusa,” Beast said. “I've treated him more times than I can count, often in extenuating circumstances. One of those cases involved the removal of Julian's spleen. His immune system was already weakened before he was dosed with the Terrigen...”

Beast rubbed at his tired eyes, his brows creasing at the thought of losing another soul placed into his care. Charles Xavier had trained his students well but they could not face this alone.

“We shall not allow him to die, Dr. McCoy,” Medusa declared “Our Mists are sacred, but they were never meant to run rampant. They shall do so no longer. I shall require your presence tomorrow at noon, in the Quiet Room.”

“Black Bolt's bar? Why?”

Medusa's eyes again drifted to Julian on the bed, listless and near lifeless. The young man codenamed Hellion, was one who had lost both hands barely out of boyhood. Terrigen had now turned his own body and powers against him. Yet, he still clung stubbornly to life.

“These are matters of life and death, Doctor. Your species and mine. One or the other, perhaps both. Tomorrow, we shall save our peoples, Henry.” she swore solemnly.”We must find a solution. For if we do not, then neither may survive....

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi all, welcome to the sign-ups for Deadly Terrigenesis, it's been a while so i decided to take the initiative and launch a new Betrayal Game to bring the game back hopefully. Inspired by the recent announcement of Inhumans vs. X-Men This game will be centred around a gathering of Inhumans and mutants, and perhaps other Marvel heroes attempting find a solution to the Terrigen Cloud which is travelling the globe with impunity, forcibly activating dormant Inhuman genes and leaving sterlised and dying mutants in its wake. You may not choose characters who are currently deceased, such as Cyclops, Jean Grey or Professor Xavier.

Suggested characters include: Medusa, Black Bolt, Karnak, Crystal, Lockjaw, Triton, Gorgon, Naja, Flint, Grid, Swain, Human Torch, Inferno, Ahura, Luna, Ms. Marvel, Synapse, Quicksilver, Storm, Psylocke, Iceman, Nightcrawler, Old Man Logan, Rogue, Dazzler, Beast, O5 Marvel Girl, Magneto, M, Sabretooth, Archangel, Mystique, White Queen, Cable etc

However you are not limited by these choices as long as you can explain why your character would wish to attend a mutant/Inhuman summit.

This game will be back to basics. Each player will have two public votes to cast each round. I may hand out a power or two. I'm going to keep sign-ups open for until Tuesday the 9th of August at 12 PM Greenwich Mean Time.

Aside from that, hope to see you all for a drink at the Quiet Room!

The Delegates
gardien- Elizabeth Braddock a.k.a Psylocke
MartijnB- Donald Gill a.k.a Blizzard
Abaddon- Wade Winston Wilson a.k.a Deadpool
hotknives- Emma Grace Frost a.k.a The White Queen
Last edited by Wings on 08 Aug 2016, 18:40, edited 4 times in total.
X-Men Draft: 1. White Queen 2. Banshee

gardien

Re: Betrayal Game #76:Deadly Terrigenesis-Sign Up and Discus

Post by gardien » 02 Aug 2016, 05:42

Psylocke please
X-Men Draft Team: M, Danger

MartijnB

Post by MartijnB » 03 Aug 2016, 11:00

Dunno what to enter, just wanted to say kudos for the effort and I'm sure as hell game.

MartijnB

Post by MartijnB » 03 Aug 2016, 21:00

ok, here's what I'm gonna do...

Blizzard (Donald Gill)!

http://marvel.wikia.com/wiki/Donald_Gill_(Earth-616)

Guy was one of the classic Iron Man villains present for the Infinity Heist when elsewhere Black Bolt did his thing. Blizzard collapsed and underwent Terrigenesis. Found this a lovely little quirk in a lovely little story, and I'd love to pick it up. Would that be ok?
Last edited by MartijnB on 04 Aug 2016, 09:39, edited 2 times in total.

Wings

Post by Wings » 03 Aug 2016, 21:06

Sounds perfect, Blizzard shall provide a unique perspective on things to be sure. :)

Abaddon

Post by Abaddon » 06 Aug 2016, 03:50

What about Deadpool?
"Some cause happiness wherever they go, others whenever they go."
-Oscar Wilde

Wings

Post by Wings » 06 Aug 2016, 12:21

Well Wade is currently bankrolling the Avengers Unity Squad , so Medusa surely can't deny him the courtesy of an invitation .

Abaddon

Post by Abaddon » 07 Aug 2016, 01:56

Sweet...now things are gonna get really ****ed up. :lol:
-Oscar Wilde

hotknives

Post by hotknives » 08 Aug 2016, 14:55

Ooh, can I take the White Queen please?
Uncanny Avengers Draft
1. Emma Frost
2. Wiccan
3. Magneto
4. Iron Fist
5. Dr Nemesis
6. Elixir
7. Ares
8.Mercury
9.Hellstorm

Wings

Post by Wings » 08 Aug 2016, 18:35

You may indeed

Wings

Post by Wings » 10 Aug 2016, 13:04

As you may have noticed we don't have enough players yet, so I'm going to be extending the sign ups. I'd like to get up to 10 players at least if possible ,I've PM'd a few people but feel free to invite anyone who might be interested, new players, old players everybody's welcome. :)

The Delegates This Far
gardien- Elizabeth Braddock a.k.a Psylocke
MartijnB- Donald Gill a.k.a Blizzard
Abaddon- Wade Winston Wilson a.k.a Deadpool
hotknives- Emma Grace Frost a.k.a The White Queen

Abaddon

Post by Abaddon » 11 Aug 2016, 00:23

I can invite a few of the voices in my head to play...
-Oscar Wilde

Quick and Dead

Post by Quick and Dead » 24 Sep 2016, 09:59

I miss my BG games. I'm in if this one gets started up again.
Check out my comic reviews and articles! http://www.comicosity.com/author/anthonyblackwood/

Wings

Post by Wings » 27 Sep 2016, 21:37

You are more than welcome QnD, I'll send out a message to those who have signed up already and see if I can find a few more willing players :)

gardien

Post by gardien » 06 Jan 2017, 20:29

With IvX happening, I wish we could have played this game. I always thought of BG Games as a What If...Kinda story
X-Men Draft Team: M, Danger

Wings

Post by Wings » 09 Jan 2017, 16:08

Yeah, I'm sorry that I didn't manage to get it off the ground :(

unused_bagels

Re: Betrayal Game #76:Deadly Terrigenesis-Sign Up and Discussion

Post by unused_bagels » 10 Jul 2017, 00:39

yeah dude BG was the lifeblood of my X-Fantasies
UNCANNY X-MEN: NEXUS
The old game is still going! Dice-based head-canon before the MRA. Players welcome!

MartijnB

Post by MartijnB » 13 Jul 2017, 16:41

hear, hear!

unused_bagels

Post by unused_bagels » 17 Jul 2017, 08:06

If I could play in one, I could shake the dust off of my BG skills, then I'd run one.
The old game is still going! Dice-based head-canon before the MRA. Players welcome!

Wings

Post by Wings » 19 Jul 2017, 11:30

I
unused_bagels wrote:
17 Jul 2017, 08:06
If I could play in one, I could shake the dust off of my BG skills, then I'd run one.
I'm still up for getting the Betrayal Games off the ground again. I think we'd just need to get enough people to commit to a game or two before we start.

unused_bagels

Post by unused_bagels » 21 Jul 2017, 06:27

Well, you have me. I'll take Sabretooth...