Welcome to unstablemolecules.com, the discussion home for mightyavengers.net, uncanon.com and uncannyxmen.net!

Original fiction

Where Creativity and Comics Collide, The main hangout to talk anything and everything to do with UnCanon.com!
Crutey Anth

Original fiction

Post by Crutey Anth » 01 Aug 2020, 12:36

Does anyone do any non-fan fic writing?

Where do you share it?

Red Strings

Re: Original fiction

Post by Red Strings » 01 Aug 2020, 15:20

I do! I don't really share it online though as of the current moment.

What genre do you write?

XtremeOne1

Post by XtremeOne1 » 01 Aug 2020, 15:31

I write original work as well. I'm actually looking into getting an agent at the moment! But yeah, I also don't share my work online.

Red Strings

Post by Red Strings » 01 Aug 2020, 15:50

Ah Xtreme! Glad to see you're still writing too! It's been a long time (for both of you actually)

XtremeOne1

Post by XtremeOne1 » 01 Aug 2020, 16:35

Same to you!

Honestly, I became a better writer because I learned so much from everyone's writings and feedback over the years.

Red Strings

Post by Red Strings » 01 Aug 2020, 17:18

I feel you there bruh. Literally I think I started writing on here when I was like thirteen/fourteen (maybe earlier) which was a scarily long time ago and I think I learnt a lot from everyone on here. Everyone was so supportive as well. Those were the days eh?

What's everyone writing?

I'm currently deep into a novel I've been planning for a depressingly long time (but nowhere near finished go figure) but I'm at a bit of a writers block right now so I'm delving into fanfiction again, to try and keep my creative juices flowing. The novel itself is, i dunno, a mix of Bret Easton Ellis, Haruki Murakami and Gabriel Garcia Marquez (magical realism) with a heavy focus on pop culture. I guess I'd call it surrealism/magical realism with sci-fi/fantasy elements.

Fanfiction wise, I'm weirdly into this rewrite of the marvel universe i started like, no joke, about 12 years ago. I've had the plans and I've just started like writing it. Currently on #3 and I'll probably post it at some point but I wanna get the first three arcs boxed off first so then, even if I do abandon it, it can read like a full story, i guess.

Red Strings

Post by Red Strings » 01 Aug 2020, 17:19

Oh and I tell a lie. I do have a writing tumblr where I occasionally (very) post short scenes.

thegreattwatsby.tumblr.com

I keep meaning to get back into it but I'm awful with regularity

Crutey Anth

Post by Crutey Anth » 03 Aug 2020, 07:08

I haven't written in over a year (maybe even 2 at this point) fan-fiction lost its luster for me after a bit. I keep having ideas for original short stories (generally horror/folklore inspiried...think Hellboy I suppose to bring it back to a shared reference). I imagine they'd be short stories rather than anything else.

I just need to get into gear and actually put 'pen to paper'. I saw a horror press looking for submissions in the next couple of months so thought I might give that a go.