Welcome to unstablemolecules.com!

The UNCANON Fan Site - where next?

Where Creativity and Comics Collide, The main hangout to talk anything and everything to do with UnCanon.com!
Dean Clayton

The UNCANON Fan Site - where next?

Post by Dean Clayton » 08 Mar 2017, 17:43

So as some may have seen, we've been shifting a few things around recently and the next site to be affected will be uncanon.com

but rather than just lifting it onto our new server, I'm thinking its time we did a little refresh, so I'm looking for feedback, ideas, potential assistants /editors.
no crazy idea dismissed - maybe questioned or request for help in implementing, but not dismissed.

All the old content will get migrated across, and that includes re-releasing the old 617 universe ( If i can find the gene game files that as well!)

So think of this thread as an opportunity for a wish list of stuff for the site!
Why not contribute to one of our sites? The pay is non existent, but vacation allowance is fantastic!

Gibbering Fool

Re: The UNCANON Fan Site - where next?

Post by Gibbering Fool » 09 Mar 2017, 03:04

Sounds great! This is interesting timing, as I've been mulling over returning to my Knights of Greymalkin series and a revamp to Uncanon would help motivate me.

As a contributor to UXN, forum admin and former fan fiction writer to uncanon I'd be happy to help with running the page.

Its been a while since visiting the page. Key would be making sure the various sections (617 etc) are easy to locate and navigate.

Wings

Post by Wings » 09 Mar 2017, 09:31

I'd be more than happy to help out with running the site too if needed :)

Easy navigation is definitely one of the key aspects.

Maybe an issue spotlight feature would be good? Like once a month, or once every three months a previously released issue would be spotlighted, maybe with a brief writeup from whoever's running UnCanon about the issue?
X-Men Draft: 1. White Queen 2. Banshee 3. Surge 4. Cloak 5.Sunfire 6.Dagger Base: Westchester

Dean Clayton

Post by Dean Clayton » 09 Mar 2017, 13:09

thanks for the comments and interest in helping :)

Is it fair to say that at the moment the navigation is a bit rubbish? and maybe we should switch to something a little "standard" like when it was the house of ideas or on UXN way back when?
Why not contribute to one of our sites? The pay is non existent, but vacation allowance is fantastic!

Gibbering Fool

Post by Gibbering Fool » 10 Mar 2017, 02:54

Is the site still running? I can't get it to work

Dean Clayton

Post by Dean Clayton » 10 Mar 2017, 14:08

i'm currently transitioning it onto the new server, should be back up by end of the weekend

Dean Clayton

Post by Dean Clayton » 10 Mar 2017, 15:55

actually - it should be back now - seems to load up for me ok

Justin Santos

Post by Justin Santos » 30 Mar 2017, 19:20

I've been trying to get back to writing for Uncanon for awhile now. I've been thinking about it a lot lately and I want to rebuild my old universe. As far as site design goes, I would be interested in seeing the front page be more formatted like a list. I did actually like the format of UXN and THOI. If people want to start writing again I can't promise that I'd be 100% focused on the site cause of work but I'll do my best to see if new series get posted.

UncannyScott

Post by UncannyScott » 23 Aug 2017, 20:02

Been away from the site for over a year now (crazy life stuff) and saw this topic. I've had thoughts about Uncanon for awhile recently, missing writing some of the stuff I did over the years. Any further word about reviving the site in some way behind the scenes? Just curious.
Uncanny Avengers Draft: Cannonball, Spectrum, Spider-Man, Beast, Smasher, Sabretooth, Manifold, Hope Summers

Making a return after over a year of being gone!

Everyone's a geek for something. Check out Geekfinity! - http://www.geek-finity.com

Dean Clayton

Post by Dean Clayton » 23 Aug 2017, 20:09

Nothing from my side is officially locked in, it's taken a bit of a back seat due to other site related projects however if there is interest in the community to start creating content ( in any format) I'm more than happy to organize and do some site building work to facilitate it

UncannyScott

Post by UncannyScott » 31 Aug 2017, 19:09

I know I would be interested myself in Uncanon content, as I have a series I've been working on from before I came back to the forums that I was inspired to write for Uncanon or a similar style of setting. I'd be down to help in any way if it's needed to try and get Uncanon back on its feet.
Uncanny Avengers Draft: Cannonball, Spectrum, Spider-Man, Beast, Smasher, Sabretooth, Manifold, Hope Summers

Everyone's a geek for something. Check out Geekfinity! - http://www.geek-finity.com

Wings

Post by Wings » 31 Aug 2017, 23:31

Same. I've been meaning to get back into the swing of writing, and I'll also happily help out in other capacities if I'm able.
X-Men Draft: 1. White Queen 2. Banshee 3. Surge 4. Cloak 5.Sunfire 6.Dagger Base: Westchester

Dean Clayton

Post by Dean Clayton » 01 Sep 2017, 10:58

Consider yourself drafted ;)
Carry on with working on your writing and let me sort a few things out on the site side and then i'll message you both

UncannyScott

Post by UncannyScott » 07 Sep 2017, 01:26

Sounds like a plan!