Welcome to unstablemolecules.com, the discussion home for mightyavengers.net, uncanon.com and uncannyxmen.net!

Dragon Age: The Dread Wolf Rises

Talk about the Video games till the cows come home!
XtremeOne1

Re: Dragon Age: The Dread Wolf Rises

Post by XtremeOne1 » 14 Jan 2019, 16:11

Jazzkantine wrote:
14 Dec 2018, 09:35
... I‘ll try it again. Gimme a moment.. BioWare is doing a lot of character recycling in Mass Effect and Dragon Age with men and women. Unfortunately, some main women characters „feel“ the same, in my eyes. Miranda, Morrigan, and Ash have similar character traits and behaving. Cassandra, and Jack do too.

But that’s just my 2 cents.
I don't see how that relates to the pretty sexist things you said before...except to say that the four women you mentioned are complex and tough.

I don't see similarities between any of the characters, especially no Cassandra and Jack. Miranda and Ash are also very different. Morrigan has some similiarties with Ash in terms of being kind of cold at times, but even then, Morrigan is pretty much chaotic neutral, while Ash is just kinda a racist. Just because they're all badass doesn't make them similar.

Anyway....

I FINALLY beat Dragon Age Inquisition. The Dread Wolf Rises announcement spurred me to start a new character( a human lady mage who gets with Cullen). Damn you Solas. That ending in Trespasser was a kicker. So I'm guessing the next game takes place in the Tevienter Imperium. That's exciting. From speaking to Dorian(my GBF for life) it sounds very different from either place we've visited so far.

I hope we see some return characters. Dorian, seems like a given but I'd love to see Cole as well. It seems likely that we'll see the inner circle of the Inquisition, including the one armed Inquisitor since it sounds like you'll be a recruit.

So, how did everyone end Trespasser? I continued the Inquisition under Divine Victoria(Leliana).

Jazzkantine

Post by Jazzkantine » 14 Jan 2019, 18:16

Hey hey hey, I am by far not a sexiest. Show me an idiot who buys every women in the company on Valentine’s Day a flower for over a decade now, and before that in every company I have worked before.

I even criticize commercials and shows where women are portrayed as dumb, naive or any negative way.

I am watching Golden Girls, Cybill, and Fried Green Tomatoes, for God’s sake.
Uncanny X-Force: Mimic, Omega, Timeslip, Siphon, Red Lotus, Grid, Frenzy, Savitar - (Shaara), Graymalkin, Nil

Wings

Post by Wings » 14 Jan 2019, 18:21

Disbanded the Inquisition, with a softened Leliana as Divine. Mage Male Hawke as the Fade Survivor. Alistair as King of Ferelden and the triumverate of Celene, Briala and Gaspard ruling over Orlais. And my Inquisitor all sad because his beau Dorian went back to Tevinter and wouldn't let him come along.
Sign-ups for Betrayal Game 76: Murder in Manhattan now open! Help Jessica Jones solve the unexplained murder of a group of super-villains! Link to the thread here:
viewtopic.php?f=24&p=169031#p169031

XtremeOne1

Post by XtremeOne1 » 15 Jan 2019, 04:10

Ooo, I'l expand on mine.

Became Leliana's Honor Guard. Alistar is King who is Kierian's father(though I guess he doesn't matter much anymore), my Warden is Queen. Lady Mage Hawke survived the Fade and killed her lover Anders(and is currently in the Warden capital, which is beginning at Civil War...hmmm). Celene and Briala are ruling together, but Gaspard is dead as dead. Dorian is my BFF, Cole is human, Blackwall is with the Warden's, and Cassandra is a Seeker. Iron Bull is still with the Chargers(and married to Sarah MIchelle Gellar because, did you know that's freaking Freddie Prince Jr?!), and Vivienne is still a jerk. My Inquisitor is missing an arm but raising a dog with Cullen, so she's doing pretty damn well. I did NOT drink from the Well of Sorrows, which seems to be have been the smart choice!

EphemeristX

Post by EphemeristX » 15 Jan 2019, 05:41

My set up going into DA4: Alistair rules Fereldan with Anora. Warden is Kieran's father and is in a long-distance relationship with Morrigan. Hawke is on the run with his lover Anders. Bethany is a Warden. Inquisitor recruited the mages and kept the Wardens together and active. Softened Leliana is Divine. Orlais is rules by a triumvirate. Boyfriend Dorian created magic cellphones so they could facetime. Stroud was left in the Fade. Cole is human and dating Maryden. Bull still has his Chargers. Blackwall is a normal man doing good. Cassandra is a Seeker. Inqui was a redeemer in Judgement and disbanded the Inquisition.
http://dancehall-daze.tumblr.com

"Take your baby by the ears
And play upon her darkest fears"

tokenBG1009

Post by tokenBG1009 » 15 Jan 2019, 07:59

I should play Trespasser at some point...
"Sometimes I do feel like I'm a failure. Like there's no hope for me. But even so, I'm not gonna give up. Ever!" -Izuku Midoriya

XtremeOne1

Post by XtremeOne1 » 15 Jan 2019, 15:52

tokenBG1009 wrote:
15 Jan 2019, 07:59
Trespasser is basically the game's real ending and does ample set up for DA4.

Gibbering Fool

Post by Gibbering Fool » 17 Jan 2019, 09:41

tokenBG1009 wrote:
I'm playing it right now, almost done. Iron Bull just betrayed me, possibly because I let the Charges die?

Leliana is the Devine, Cassandra is my lady love (I was romancing Josephine, but somehow ended up with Cassandra) and a Seeker, I left Stroud in the Fade, Cole is human, Blackwall is with the Grey Wardens, Morrigan drank from the Well.

Wings

Post by Wings » 17 Jan 2019, 16:04

So.. going to more detail on my world state going into DA4.

In Origins, I played an Amell Mage of the Circle of Ferelden, who after an early flirtation with Morrigan, ultimately fell in love with Zevran. The Hero of Ferelden survived the final battle of Denerim by performing the Dark Ritual with Morrigan. Alistair became sole King of Ferelden. After further adventures in Amarathine, the Warden tracked down the wayward witch and passed through the Eluvian with her in order to meet his son, Kieran who was imbued with the soul of the Old God he had slain at Denerim.

DA2, I played a Mage Hawke, who sided with the mages when Meredith attempted to invoke the Right of Annulment, and managed to keep all of his companions on side during the final conflict, all except for Isabella, who fled Kirkwall prior to the Arishok's duel with Hawke. Carver, who had been made a Grey Warden after Hawke and Varric's expedition to the Deep Roads, made peace with his brother as they fought side by side once more. Although Hawke was disgusted with Anders' abuse of his trust in order to cause the explosion of Kirkwall's Chantry, he couldn't find it in his heart execute the disgraced Warden, who he had shared a kiss with years prior, and allowed him to flee the city to live with all he'd unleashed. In the aftermath, Hawke fled Kirkwall with his lover, Fenris.

Inquisitor Trevelyan of the Ostwick Circle (You may all be sensing a pattern here :lol: ) chose the mages as his allies in closing the Breach. He journeyed into the future and saw the demon army Corypheus would unleash following the assassination of Empress Celene of Orlais. He prevented Celene's assassination and forced her into a truce with her rivals. After discovering Blackwall's true past, the Inquisitor chose to have him repent by joining the Grey Warden's under his own name, Thom Rainier. The Inquisitor saved the Bull's Chargers and Iron Bull turned his back on the Qun. The Inquisitor drank from the Well of Sorrows and discovered the truth about Mythal after helping Morrigan locate her son in the Fade. Though their most senior officer, Stroud, was slain by the Nightmare Demon, the Inquisitor had the Wardens fight by the Inquisition's side. Cole was made more human. Cassandra sought to rebuild the Seekers, while Vivienne assembled a new Circle of Magi in direct opposition with DIvine Leliana's College of Enchanters. The Inquisitor is occasionally sighted in the streets of the Tevinter Capital, whenever preparations for the conflict against Solas allow him to lend his lover Magister Dorian Pavus a hand.
Sign-ups for Betrayal Game 76: Murder in Manhattan now open! Help Jessica Jones solve the unexplained murder of a group of super-villains! Link to the thread here:

XtremeOne1

Post by XtremeOne1 » 17 Jan 2019, 16:18

Gibbering Fool wrote:
17 Jan 2019, 09:41
tokenBG1009 wrote:
I'm playing it right now, almost done. Iron Bull just betrayed me, possibly because I let the Charges die?

Leliana is the Devine, Cassandra is my lady love (I was romancing Josephine, but somehow ended up with Cassandra) and a Seeker, I left Stroud in the Fade, Cole is human, Blackwall is with the Grey Wardens, Morrigan drank from the Well.
Mitch, you monster!

Gibbering Fool

Post by Gibbering Fool » 17 Jan 2019, 21:51

XtremeOne1 wrote:
17 Jan 2019, 16:18
Gibbering Fool wrote:
tokenBG1009 wrote:

Mitch, you monster!
Lol my heart said save them, but this is a war and the alliance with the Qunari seemed pretty important at the time. The fact that Iron Bull bounced back pretty well, and I got plenty of Qunari missions on the war table, made it seem like the right sacrifice...then he cassually switches side on me in Tresspasser :cry:

Jazzkantine

Post by Jazzkantine » 17 Jan 2019, 21:58

That’s why I always wait until I know every outcome of important missions in the game, or how the romances develop over time.

It may take away some of the exploring and discovering I should do by myself, but I am a strange person anyway..
Uncanny X-Force: Mimic, Omega, Timeslip, Siphon, Red Lotus, Grid, Frenzy, Savitar - (Shaara), Graymalkin, Nil

EphemeristX

Post by EphemeristX » 18 Jan 2019, 06:04

I always play the first time with no help. After that Im fine with using guides to get the outcomes I want.
http://dancehall-daze.tumblr.com

"Take your baby by the ears
And play upon her darkest fears"

Cable

Post by Cable » 18 Jan 2019, 11:49

Gibbering Fool wrote:
17 Jan 2019, 21:51
XtremeOne1 wrote:
Gibbering Fool wrote:

Mitch, you monster!
Lol my heart said save them, but this is a war and the alliance with the Qunari seemed pretty important at the time. The fact that Iron Bull bounced back pretty well, and I got plenty of Qunari missions on the war table, made it seem like the right sacrifice...then he cassually switches side on me in Tresspasser :cry:
The same thing happened to me and the fact that it is possible I would take to mean he definitely won't be in the next game.
Best X-Comic last week: Powers of X #6
Best non X-Comic last week: Amazing Spider-Man #31

Wings

Post by Wings » 18 Jan 2019, 11:52

Cable wrote:
18 Jan 2019, 11:49
Gibbering Fool wrote:
17 Jan 2019, 21:51
XtremeOne1 wrote:

Mitch, you monster!
The same thing happened to me and the fact that it is possible I would take to mean he definitely won't be in the next game.
They could put him in a side-mission depending on your choice like they did with Zev and Alistair in DA2.

Gibbering Fool

Post by Gibbering Fool » 18 Jan 2019, 23:16

I finally finished Trespasser. I loved hearing Cassandra read Varrick's latest book, and doing all the impressions of her colleagues. That alone elevated her from a mid teir character in my eyes to one of my favourites.