Welcome to unstablemolecules.com, the discussion home for mightyavengers.net, uncanon.com and uncannyxmen.net!

Marvel Vs Capcom infinite cooming 2017

Talk about the Video games till the cows come home!
Anna Raven

Re: Marvel Vs Capcom infinite cooming 2017

Post by Anna Raven » 14 Jun 2017, 15:42

It's pretty rare they wouldn't have someone sign an NDA, so you might take this with a grain of salt. On the other hand it matches up pretty well with a lot of my experiences in the game industry.

https://www.reddit.com/r/MvC3/comments/ ... h=a9699855
Editorial Draft Results: Rogue | Magneto | Mystique | Sabretooth | Madelyn Prior | Lady Deathstrike | Blink | Peggy Carter | Vanisher | Dead Girl | Jimmy Hudson | Wither | Guardian

Cable

Post by Cable » 14 Jun 2017, 15:51

If true, it is one of the dumbest design/marketing decisions I have ever heard in my life. God help us if this is the kind of decision-making going on in Disney/Marvel's games department.
Rank your favorite characters in the X-Men Character Sorter! Share your results!

"If life were a picnic, you'd be a family. Since life is war, you're soldiers. You'd do well to start accepting that fact."--Nathan Summers

WorldWideWade

Post by WorldWideWade » 23 Jun 2017, 13:30

http://comicbook.com/gaming/2017/06/18/ ... ates-rost/

Another leak that seems to confirm all characters including DLC. The DLC characters look to be on disc meaning that we would be paying for already finished content.

No Ant-man but everyone else from the leak is there as well as some additions.

Marvel: Spider-man, Winter Soldier, Venom, Ghost Rider, Dormammu

Capcom: Firebrand, Nemesis, Jedah, Monster Hunter, Mike Haggar, Frank West

Curiously there is one more Marvel than Capcom rep and the image doesn't indicate where Spider-man would be placed.
Current Pull List
Uncanny X-men, Iceman, Mr & Mrs X, Runaways, West Coast Avengers, Champions, Ms Marvel, Dr Strange, Fantastic Four

EphemeristX

Post by EphemeristX » 23 Jun 2017, 14:02

Yeah, this game gets a pass from me. The character models are ugly, there are three women in the entire roster (the fourth seems to be DLC), and no sign of the X-Men, who started the whole crossover game trend in the first place.
http://dancehall-daze.tumblr.com

"Take your baby by the ears
And play upon her darkest fears"

WorldWideWade

Post by WorldWideWade » 23 Jun 2017, 19:06

EphemeristX wrote:
23 Jun 2017, 14:02
Yeah, this game gets a pass from me. The character models are ugly, there are three women in the entire roster (the fourth seems to be DLC), and no sign of the X-Men, who started the whole crossover game trend in the first place.
I hear you. If this leak is true, I find it very hard to justify putting Winter Soldier over Black Widow.

Plus they replaced two female Darkstalkers with Jedah and went Chris Redfield over the more iconic Jill Valentine.
Current Pull List
Uncanny X-men, Iceman, Mr & Mrs X, Runaways, West Coast Avengers, Champions, Ms Marvel, Dr Strange, Fantastic Four

Anna Raven

Post by Anna Raven » 25 Jun 2017, 19:32

https://www.eventhubs.com/news/2017/jun ... yles-mvci/

"Evans briefly talked about the X-Men topic a little more. "Your modern Marvel fan, maybe they don't even remember some of the X-Men characters, but they know some of the Guardians characters or Black Panther.""

I mean, come on. That's just insulting.
Editorial Draft Results: Rogue | Magneto | Mystique | Sabretooth | Madelyn Prior | Lady Deathstrike | Blink | Peggy Carter | Vanisher | Dead Girl | Jimmy Hudson | Wither | Guardian

EphemeristX

Post by EphemeristX » 26 Jun 2017, 05:04

Wow. What a slap in the face. I dislike jumping on the hate train but everything I've seen from this game has left a bad taste in my mouth except the inclusion of Captain Marvel. She looks cool.

Magnus

Post by Magnus » 27 Jun 2017, 02:42

Anna Raven wrote:
25 Jun 2017, 19:32

"Evans briefly talked about the X-Men topic a little more. "Your modern Marvel fan, maybe they don't even remember some of the X-Men characters, but they know some of the Guardians characters or Black Panther.""
I guess the guy is just someone who's a fan of the game as a fighting game, not a comics fan, and probably equates "Marvel fan" with "someone who sees the movies." Of course everyone still saw Logan and Apocalypse so even that argument doesn't really work. Just because MCU doesn't have the X-Men doesn't mean people don't know who they are.

I like fighting games but am not any good at them, so characters can make or break a game for me. And this roster looks pretty damn underwhelming. I'm really shocked they didn't include Black Widow, given 1) she's a major MCU character (and biggest female one) and 2) would be perfect for a fighting game like this. Hell they could've just given her Jill Valentine's moveset.

Also the existence of on-disc DLC really rubs me the wrong way. Day-1 DLC doesn't necessarily bug me, since it's stuff they could've been working on in the period after the master copy went off to the publishers, but if it's already on the disc, fuck that.

Yeah, won't be getting this game unless there's a huge X-men DLC down the line and there's a Super Mega Ultra Turbo edition that includes it.

Cable

Post by Cable » 29 Jun 2017, 14:19

Anna Raven wrote:
25 Jun 2017, 19:32

I mean, come on. That's just insulting.
Also his remark about characters as functions. As if people pick Magneto just for his moveset. I am willing to bet 75%+ of players do not see the characters that way. Mostly professional gamers are going to pick characters just by functions.
Rank your favorite characters in the X-Men Character Sorter! Share your results!

"If life were a picnic, you'd be a family. Since life is war, you're soldiers. You'd do well to start accepting that fact."--Nathan Summers

Anna Raven

Post by Anna Raven » 29 Jun 2017, 16:02

Exactly. Hell I'd be more willing to believe people base their character choices on ease-of-use and "overpoweredness" than function. But most people pick characters they like. If it was purely about function the characters could just be different colored stick-men or something. People are buying MvC because they want to play Marvel and Capcom characters. And it matters who they are.

The Disney overlord treatment banning FF and X-Men is getting really tiresome. Work something out with Fox or just give up your little holy war. It's only hurting fans and paying customers.

EphemeristX

Post by EphemeristX » 29 Jun 2017, 22:02

With the X-Men being introduced to alot of games that had previous had the ban, I'm wondering if this isn't some ploy to drum up excitement with an eventual X-Men related DLC in the future. Marvel is clearly softening their stance on mutants in games.

The FF? Well, not that many people care about them. I'm betting the FF will remain a zero sum game for Marvel as long as Fox maintains those rights. X-Fans are just too loud and insistent (and numerous) to do that too, as they seemingly found out.

Either way, I won't be buying an MvC game with no X-Men. And I certainly won't buy the game AND THEN DLC to get them. Maybe, if/when they release an Ultimate version with X-Men included, I will. But until then, it's a no buy. It's not as if I don't have a backlog a mile long to sift through anyway.

bamf

Post by bamf » 12 Nov 2017, 14:54

Not news but rumor has it MvC infinite will be adding X andF4 characters. Might not make the game better but at least it’ll add some diversity to the roster.

https://www.comicbookmovie.com/video_ga ... te-a155235
MFL: Captain America, Iron Man, Storm, Daredevil, Nightcrawler, Ant-Man, Wasp, Scarlet Witch, Quicksilver, Iron Fist

X-Editorial: Angel, Sunspot, Monet, Karma, Colossus, Lila Cheney, Aurora, Captain Marvel, Magma, Box, Triage, Hindsight, Sydren