Welcome to unstablemolecules.com, the discussion home for mightyavengers.net, uncanon.com and uncannyxmen.net!

Marvel Vs Capcom infinite cooming 2017

Talk about the Video games till the cows come home!
Northstar404

Marvel Vs Capcom infinite cooming 2017

Post by Northstar404 » 03 Dec 2016, 21:06

Juggernaut

Re: Marvel Vs Capcom infinite cooming 2017

Post by Juggernaut » 03 Dec 2016, 21:13

Yeeeeressssss!!!!!!!

Anna Raven

Post by Anna Raven » 03 Dec 2016, 21:43

Rumors are that it's 100% MCU and there will be no X-Men. :(

So who was that at the end, some hybrid of Ultron and MODOK?
DC Draft Results: Martian Manhunter | Zatanna | GL (John Stewart) | Shazam! | Flash (Barry Allen)| Katana | Hawkman
Legion of Doom: Sinestro | Black Adam | Flash's Rogues

tokenBG1009

Post by tokenBG1009 » 05 Dec 2016, 07:10

Sounds like it's not confirmed one way or the other.

I haven't played any MvC since 2. I remember not hearing great things about MvC3 though.
A League of Their Own!

I wish I could write fanfiction...

EphemeristX

Post by EphemeristX » 05 Dec 2016, 07:27

A new commercial confirms Morrigan and Captain America. Even if there are no X-Men, I'm... kinda hyped about getting to play Carol. She looks so cool.
http://dancehall-daze.tumblr.com

"Take your baby by the ears
And play upon her darkest fears"

WorldWideWade

Post by WorldWideWade » 05 Dec 2016, 14:29

MEGA MAN IS BACK BABY!

I mean I know it's Maverick hunter X rather than Mega Man classic but I consider OG Mega Man a Smash Brothers character at this point.

Marvel Vs Capcom 3 was pretty darn good and I don't mind if they take Deadpool, the X-men and Dr. Doom out of this version. It means MVC2 and MVC3 retain some replay value due to their different casts. It also means we might finally get to fight as some of the more obscure Marvel characters that haven't made it in one of the games yet.

Trailer looks awesome, I hope this is multi-platform and on the Switch.
X-Editorial Draft:
Emma Frost, Kid Omega, Rockslide, Stepford Cuckoos, Doop

Gibbering Fool

Post by Gibbering Fool » 06 Dec 2016, 09:50

At this point is it a surprise they unveil Iron Man, Captain America or and Thor? I'm happily surprised by Captain Marvel, though shouldnt be I guess. I expect we'll see more movie faves like Grooth, Doctor Strange and Loki though hopefully we get a good amount of obscure characters too. The fact the last game had Super Skrull, MODOK, She Hulk, Taskmaster, Rocket Racoon (pre GOTG movie) and Iron Fist (pree Netflix) gives me hope we'll get some non movie characters.

Anna Raven

Post by Anna Raven » 06 Dec 2016, 21:21

DC Draft Results: Martian Manhunter | Zatanna | GL (John Stewart) | Shazam! | Flash (Barry Allen)| Katana | Hawkman

WorldWideWade

Post by WorldWideWade » 08 Dec 2016, 16:26

I saw some speculation that the X-men + Dr. Doom would be made DLC after the physical game released. The reasoning apparently had to do with a loop hole in the merchandising rights. Supposedly Fox gets 50% of all merchandising on X characters but that doesn't extend to non-physical digital games. This was apparently the reason X characters are all over phone app games. I personally do not know the validity of such a theory but it definitely looks to be more viable if the DLC rumor comes true. Regardless, if more characters get in the game because they make the X-men later for DLC I don't mind shelling out more money.
X-Editorial Draft:

Anna Raven

Post by Anna Raven » 08 Dec 2016, 16:52

That's what my link said. :P

WorldWideWade

Post by WorldWideWade » 08 Dec 2016, 17:40

Yeah sorry I was expanding upon what was said in the link. It did not discuss the reasoning for them being DLC and not the launch game which I had seen speculated from other sites. Your link seems slightly more legitimate.
X-Editorial Draft:

Anna Raven

Post by Anna Raven » 08 Dec 2016, 17:56

It's ok. I'm annoyed to have to pay more for DLC but I'll do it for X-characters.

WorldWideWade

Post by WorldWideWade » 08 Dec 2016, 18:04

Which begs the question how many characters would they include and how much does DLC typically cost in games like this? The only DLC I have bought in the past was for the new characters in Super Smash Bros which was on a character by character basis. I would imagine this would be more of a one time DLC with around 10 characters or so for between $10-15. Does that seem consistent with other games DLC? I am legitimately asking because I don't know.

I think at the very least Wolverine, Storm, Deadpool, Sentinel, Magneto, and Dr. Doom will be included as those are the most popular among this games fan base. I don't know that I would pay $15 if those are the only ones included though.
X-Editorial Draft:

EphemeristX

Post by EphemeristX » 08 Dec 2016, 20:37

I'd pay for a whole extra stable of X-Characters. Like, seriously, as many as they would offer me. The thirst is real here.

At least Wolverine, Psylocke, Magneto, and Rogue. Those were my faves.

It's interesting, though. They're changing the game back to 2v2, with no assists or strikers. Considering a bunch of the MvC characters were basically only used for their assists, that's a major change in the way the game is gonna be played.

Cable

Post by Cable » 31 May 2017, 14:06

The character list has been leaked by someone who is known to have gotten leaks right before. As expected the Marvel side is almost entirely MCU-centric. The Capcom side is missing one character. It is as follows:

Capcom

Arthur
Chris
Chun-Li
Dante
Firebrand
Jedah
Monster Hunter
Morrigan
Nemesis
Ryu
Spencer
Strider Hiryu
X

Marvel

Ant-Man
Captain America
Captain Marvel
Doctor Strange
Gamora
Hawkeye
Hulk
Iron Man
Nova
Rocket/Groot (It's unclear if it's Rocket Raccoon with Groot assisting or a redesigned character actually called Rocket/Groot)
Spider-Man
Thanos
Thor
Ultron
Rank your favorite characters in the X-Men Character Sorter! Share your results!

"If life were a picnic, you'd be a family. Since life is war, you're soldiers. You'd do well to start accepting that fact."--Nathan Summers

EphemeristX

Post by EphemeristX » 31 May 2017, 14:49

I'm not sure I believe this list, though. Ghouls N Ghosts taking up two spots out of 13? Chris and Nemesis instead of Jill and Nemesis or Chris and Wesker? If it's true, I'll be disappointed. Oh hey, the entire main MCU Avengers except Widow! In fact, only four playable women total! I can see myself skipping this title if that's the case, or at least waiting for the inevitable gold/ultimate edition that includes the DLC.

WorldWideWade

Post by WorldWideWade » 01 Jun 2017, 18:22

I actually think the Capcom side is pretty decent, though I'll miss some of the wacky characters like Viewtiful Joe, Amaterasu, and Phoenix Wright.

It astounds me that Black Panther, Black Widow, Vision, and Scarlet Witch didn't make the cut. Black Widow over Gamora makes more sense to me and Ant-man should have taken a back seat to any of those four.

The total roster seems light but I expect another 12 characters through DLC. If the Marvel DLC is the rumored X characters returning then there won't be much room for new MCU characters.
X-Editorial Draft:

Spectral Knight

Post by Spectral Knight » 02 Jun 2017, 07:36

Wow, no X characters at all, not even series regular Wolverine. That's a shocker, know all the discussion about marginalization of the mutants but this is a new low. Also no Deadpool? Has the crazy over push of Wade at an end?

Not fussed about Scarlet Witch or Black Panther not making the cut, Black Widow's absence is a shame but am surprised to see Nova and Gamora both in there.

The villain side looks a bit dull to me on the Marvel side. And Capcom side needs Bison. Didn't like his adjusted play style in SFV which seemed slowed down but he's a definite fav in terms of character.
MCU Draft
Heroes - Jessica Jones|Rocket|Ghost Rider|Leo Fitz|Sif|Howard Stark|Gert + Old Lace
Villains: Loki|Killgrave|Ego
X-Editorial: Psylocke, Siryn, Fantomex, Warpath, Meggan

Anna Raven

Post by Anna Raven » 02 Jun 2017, 13:52

Spectral Knight wrote:
02 Jun 2017, 07:36
Wow, no X characters at all, not even series regular Wolverine. That's a shocker, know all the discussion about marginalization of the mutants but this is a new low. Also no Deadpool? Has the crazy over push of Wade at an end?

Not fussed about Scarlet Witch or Black Panther not making the cut, Black Widow's absence is a shame but am surprised to see Nova and Gamora both in there.

The villain side looks a bit dull to me on the Marvel side. And Capcom side needs Bison. Didn't like his adjusted play style in SFV which seemed slowed down but he's a definite fav in terms of character.
There's at least a rumor going around that the first DLC package will be all X-Men.

EphemeristX

Post by EphemeristX » 02 Jun 2017, 17:49

Black Panther would be a really cool rushdown character would could sorta replace Wolverine/X-23. Scarlet Witch could be a keep away character like Storm. I'd love either of them to get in, just for representation. SW could even have a Quicksilver assist.

Cable

Post by Cable » 13 Jun 2017, 11:11

At E3 Black Panther was revealed, so the leak is incorrect and/or not the whole line-up.
Rank your favorite characters in the X-Men Character Sorter! Share your results!

"If life were a picnic, you'd be a family. Since life is war, you're soldiers. You'd do well to start accepting that fact."--Nathan Summers

WorldWideWade

Post by WorldWideWade » 13 Jun 2017, 14:14

Cable wrote:
13 Jun 2017, 11:11
At E3 Black Panther was revealed, so the leak is incorrect and/or not the whole line-up.
Unfortunately that is not true. Black Panther was revealed as a DLC character which the leak did not go into. The starting line-up of the leak has matched up exactly so far. The leak was missing one Capcom character which the leaker thought might be Frank West, but turns out to be Zero. Given that characters like Nova, Gamora, Arthur, and Spencer were confirmed in this trailer, I think everyone should prepare themselves for the remaining characters Ant-man, Spider-man, Nemesis, Firebrand, Jedah, and Monster Hunter to be revealed soon.

Theoretically there are two more brand new Marvel and two more brand new Capcom DLC coming in addition to Sigma and Black Panther.

Also there are still the rumors that Venom and some of the X-characters (plus Dr. Doom) will be in later DLC as well.
X-Editorial Draft:

Cable

Post by Cable » 13 Jun 2017, 14:21

WorldWideWade wrote:
13 Jun 2017, 14:14
Cable wrote:
13 Jun 2017, 11:11
Unfortunately that is not true. Black Panther was revealed as a DLC character which the leak did not go into. The starting line-up of the leak has matched up exactly so far. The leak was missing one Capcom character which the leaker thought might be Frank West, but turns out to be Zero. Given that characters like Nova, Gamora, Arthur, and Spencer were confirmed in this trailer, I think everyone should prepare themselves for the remaining characters Ant-man, Spider-man, Nemesis, Firebrand, Jedah, and Monster Hunter to be revealed soon.
Ah I missed that. It is weird to be showing off the DLC characters in pre-release demos. It makes it seem like they are just cash grabs. I mean if the character is ready why is he not in the game?

EphemeristX

Post by EphemeristX » 13 Jun 2017, 15:18

Yeah, unfortunately, the leak is looking more and more correct. While it may not be everyone at launch, the only ones left from the leak that haven't been confirmed are Jedah, Firebrand, Monster Hunter, and Nemesis from the Capcom side and Ant-Man and Spider-Man from the Marvel side. Hower, Zero was at least in the story trailer, so if he's not on the main roster, he may be DLC.

Anna Raven

Post by Anna Raven » 13 Jun 2017, 17:03

The characters look off and the lighting in that story trailer was awful. I'm thinking more and more this will be a skip for me.