Welcome to unstablemolecules.com, the discussion home for mightyavengers.net, uncanon.com and uncannyxmen.net!

Pokemon Go

Talk about the Video games till the cows come home!
Anna Raven

Re: Pokemon Go

Post by Anna Raven » 16 Jul 2016, 21:43

marhawkman wrote:
Nu-D wrote:There is absolutely nothing wrong with adult men being at playgrounds. What a stupid world we live in where we think kids need to be kept away from adults. Go play your game.
I agree with this statement.
Sadly I've had scorn heaped upon me just for going to animated movies alone. I can only imagine if someone saw me at a playground. :(
Editorial Draft Results: Rogue | Magneto | Mystique | Sabretooth | Madelyn Prior | Lady Deathstrike | Blink | Peggy Carter | Vanisher | Dead Girl | Jimmy Hudson | Wither | Guardian

marhawkman

Post by marhawkman » 16 Jul 2016, 22:25

Anna Raven wrote:
marhawkman wrote:
Nu-D wrote:There is absolutely nothing wrong with adult men being at playgrounds. What a stupid world we live in where we think kids need to be kept away from adults. Go play your game.
I agree with this statement.
Sadly I've had scorn heaped upon me just for going to animated movies alone. I can only imagine if someone saw me at a playground. :(
People are naturally horrible. It's why there are so many books written about how people should behave.

Gibbering Fool

Post by Gibbering Fool » 17 Jul 2016, 05:57

I'm really lucky because where I work, the the midde on my towns CBD, there seems to be a lot of pokestops and gyms. I also seem to get spammed by pokemon when I walk down the street. Meanwhile when I head home there's no stops for miles and whem I go for a walk I encounter maybe one zubat or pidgey every 15 minutes or so.

The pokestops and gyms are based on landmarks on Google Maps. Maybe Google Earth too because some of the images on the pokestops correspondence with ones I've seen on there. I doubt Niantic has reviewed every map in the world so they're program must automatically generate stops and gyms based on weather there's a reference point on google maps

Nu-D

Post by Nu-D » 17 Jul 2016, 13:15

It's ridiculous and it's a problem. Men should be just as free to spend time with and around children as women.

I had a conversation with my sister-in-law the other day where she declared that she would never pick a man--adult or adolescent--to babysit her two daughters, ages 4 years and 18 months. She reasoned that statistically, a man is significantly more likely to victimize a child sexually. I pointed out that this may be true, but statistically the number of men who will victimize a child is minuscule, and she's unfairly assuming negative things about hundreds or thousands of innocent men who are signed up on the website she uses to pick a babysitter. The truth is that 99.9% of us are perfectly decent people, and some of use even like spending time with kids. Judging us all by the conduct of a tiny number is unjust. She agreed with the reasoning, but wouldn't budge on her position; she accepted that it was unfair, unjustified and biased, but emotionally couldn't let the position go.

I spent two years living in a rural community in El Salvador, where kids roamed freely and nobody thought twice about adults and kids spending time together. Something's gone wrong in America where we squirrel kids away to be only with other kids, childcare professionals, and family members, and they never interact with strangers.

Blackcyclops

Post by Blackcyclops » 18 Jul 2016, 00:35

*strange men*

That should be the correction. Where there have been public accusation of male-to-child abuse, there is a more negative view of men around young children. You see it in Europe, Japan (just look at some manga, men who want to be around young teen girls are almost always portrayed as lechers and/or perverts. It's a common trope), and the US. In some parts of Africa this isn't an issue because child abuse as a phenomenon is sometimes not acknowledge or is considered thr actions of gay men and thus not a "real" man. And in some of those settings most men don't interact with children in the same ways as they do here when people get all freaked out.

On more pressing Poke-news I caught a Magmar, Primeape and Dratini in a 30 minute period Lol
I'm Team Remender, Waid, Hickman and Gillen

My X-Men Draft Picks:
Prof. X, Legion, Polaris, Quicksilver, Meggan, Deadpool, Pixie, and Danger

marhawkman

Post by marhawkman » 18 Jul 2016, 02:17

"strange" is too subjective. To some people it's anyone I don't know personally....

Gremlin

Post by Gremlin » 28 Sep 2016, 16:53

Anyone else still doing this? I am cos I went away for a month after it launched and I am playing catchup. Just got my first Blastoise, which is my first of the big three.
Everybody is entitled you their opinion...but yours is wrong.

Crawler

Post by Crawler » 29 Sep 2016, 00:48

The new buddy update is great. I've been out and about again. I also think that they diversified what shows up where. I caught a Nidoking while supervising study hall today.

manuel_mc89

Post by manuel_mc89 » 29 Sep 2016, 14:13

I keep playing, and im at level 20 now, but there really arent that many pokestops here, so many many people hae hacked the game. My Snorlax is a badass though.
Legion: I will circle around you until the stars die an the world has forgotten what makes us different, and I will shatter any future that dares to divide us.

grief

Post by grief » 30 Sep 2016, 00:00

I had started playing, had an issue with account where I logged out and could never log in, and have started over. I'm BACK to level 21 now and have almost the same amount of pokemon as before. I just started the new buddy thing with my Horsea and it's working out GREAT. Just caught a Golbat, Syther, and Cubone while out today, which are pretty rare for my area, so I'm psyched.

There are two spawn points in my apartment complex, one of which is right outside, so I can get Magikarp and Psyducks super easily.
Official member of the Mighty Avengers fan club. "You want Avengers, lady? Take a good look. We're the Avengers."

See what happens after AoA Apocalypse dies in the Age After. http://uncanon.com/fiction/ageafter/

Gremlin

Post by Gremlin » 30 Sep 2016, 00:03

I live in a town with a river flowing through it so the water ones are plentiful. I am struggling with the more elusive ones like Machop, Abra and Ominite.

manuel_mc89

Post by manuel_mc89 » 30 Sep 2016, 00:29

What's a spawn point?
Legion: I will circle around you until the stars die an the world has forgotten what makes us different, and I will shatter any future that dares to divide us.

grief

Post by grief » 30 Sep 2016, 02:09

Spawn points are set areas where pokemon appear when playing the game. I don't know Niantic's logic for where they are placed.
Official member of the Mighty Avengers fan club. "You want Avengers, lady? Take a good look. We're the Avengers."

See what happens after AoA Apocalypse dies in the Age After. http://uncanon.com/fiction/ageafter/

manuel_mc89

Post by manuel_mc89 » 30 Sep 2016, 19:16

Thanks Grief, i dont believe those have that name in spanish

Gremlin

Post by Gremlin » 01 Oct 2016, 16:42

I'm getting annoyed with cheaters. Twice today I have been stood next to a gym with no one else around. Then I spotted someone was fighting it and it was taken by the yellow team. Literally there was no one around to take it and I think the people who took it were using the gps fooling software. Not cool.

Crawler

Post by Crawler » 02 Oct 2016, 13:00

They spoof at their own peril. Niantic has been relentless about getting rid of cheaters.

manuel_mc89

Post by manuel_mc89 » 29 Sep 2018, 23:36

Does anyone still play these game, ive started playing again and there are A LOT of new stops in my city, and surprisingly theres also A LOT of people who stil play the game

EphemeristX

Post by EphemeristX » 29 Sep 2018, 23:48

The friends I have that play say there are still alot. Not like it was when it first came out, but new creatures are coming out all the time.
http://dancehall-daze.tumblr.com

"Take your baby by the ears
And play upon her darkest fears"

tokenBG1009

Post by tokenBG1009 » 30 Sep 2018, 01:42

I've been playing since around June and I'm already surprised with how active the community is.
A League of Their Own!

I wish I could write fanfiction...

Gremlin

Post by Gremlin » 30 Sep 2018, 10:04

Yeah I still play, it’s not the same game as it was when it first came out. They’ve introduced a lot of features like friends, raids, research, trading, shinies and they do more events.

The last of the big things they need to do is PvP but I’m very apprehensive as to how they will do it. The current fighting system is crap as you just tap the screen fast and that’s it. They need to do turn based if they want to do PvP right.

Currently there’s some beta tests being done on submitting pokestops. So you can put more around you. Obviously there’s limitations like they have to be significant landmarks, pubs, statues, memorials etc. But it means that rural players might not be as screwed over.

Gen 4 Pokémon are likely to be released at the end of October which I’m guessing will bring people back again.