Welcome to unstablemolecules.com, the discussion home for mightyavengers.net, uncanon.com and uncannyxmen.net!

My Legend of Zelda challenge!

Talk about the Video games till the cows come home!
Crutey Anth

Re: My Legend of Zelda challenge!

Post by Crutey Anth » 23 Oct 2017, 20:01

Well finally finished Breath of the Wild this week.

It's a great game if you haven't played it (and are willing to drop the cash for a Switch...I had no choice with Zelda, Mario and Pokemon all going to the system).

Its an unusual game, it didn't fully feel like a Zelda game (except when playing with Gorons) and more like a Skyrim mod or something. Its not as story driven. It would have been perfect if there were a few more 'bosses' hidden throughout the game like a Dodongo or two etc

I'd have also liked more gadgets and special items like the hookshot or Rock's Feather for higher jumping.

My big complaint is that the final assault on Hyrule Castle and fight with Ganon were much easier than anticipated (it might be because I did everything else in the game first and so may have been overpowered).

Now back to Phantom hourglass....7.5 more games to go!

AntiBody

Post by AntiBody » 24 Oct 2017, 01:40

That's awesome!! Good for you!!

I've really been into Zelda Reorchestrated lately, especially playing it in my classroom while the kiddos are working. So good: https://zelda.gamepedia.com/Community:Z ... chestrated

I have yet to play both Skyward Sword and Breath Of The Wild -- you seem to post here whenever I'm craving a Zelda game lol. I'm not sure if I should play either of those or replay Link Between Worlds or Twilight Princess. Decisions, decisions...
Guardians Of The Galaxy Draft: Nova (Richard Rider), Quasar (Wendell Vaughn), Moondragon, Darkhawk, Plutonia, Hiroim, Ikon, Malik Tarcel, Manta
Nemeses: The Fraternity of Raptors

Spectral Knight

Post by Spectral Knight » 25 Oct 2017, 14:38

You're running a little ahead of me. Picked this up last month, and finished my last divine beast over the weekend, but picking through discovered shrines, as still don't 'feel' particularly powerful compared to how I've progressed in some of the other Zelda games.

It's a great game in some ways, but in others, it's really quite frustrating. Firstly, the limited number of dungeons is frustrating - there's clear evidence of brilliant puzzle design throughout the shrines, but each of the divine beast dungeons doesn't feel overtly challenging or as 'epic' (compared to OoT, Twilight Princess and Skyward Sword). I think we could have a larger number of deeper dungeons with essentially re-skinned shrine challenges (say 6-8 large dungeons) and cut the number of the rest of these down to more of a 'bonus' with unique bonuses.

It'd also give us a chance to have more unique bosses - each of the Ganonblights were okay in isolation, but didn't feel particularly individual - I think with the non-linear progression they designed the bosses in a way that means you could approach them at any stage, but that meant not being able to capitalise on the really individualised weapons / equipment of the past - I'm thinking the spinner versus the Stallord in TP, or the Mirror Shield against Twinrova in OoT. Having unique weapons picked up in each of the dungeons prior to the boss but not necessary for the others (though potentially opens up new avenues of exploration) would solve that.

Finally, the whole limited inventory and breaking weapons thing I'm not sure on still. Yes, it's a new dynamic, but it's hideously annoying at times, and can interrupt the flow of exploration rather than encourage it.
MCU Draft
Heroes - Jessica Jones|Rocket|Ghost Rider|Leo Fitz|Sif|Howard Stark|Gert + Old Lace
Villains: Loki|Killgrave|Ego
X-Editorial: Psylocke, Siryn, Fantomex, Warpath, Meggan

AntiBody

Post by AntiBody » 30 Oct 2017, 11:04

Started Link Between Worlds again - I forgot how fun this is! Not just fun to play, but the whole spirit of the game. I love Zelda!!
Guardians Of The Galaxy Draft: Nova (Richard Rider), Quasar (Wendell Vaughn), Moondragon, Darkhawk, Plutonia, Hiroim, Ikon, Malik Tarcel, Manta
Nemeses: The Fraternity of Raptors

Juggernaut

Post by Juggernaut » 30 Oct 2017, 17:27

A link between worlds is truly one of the best games I've ever played. It is a masterpiece. It's my favorite followed closely by the original.