Welcome to unstablemolecules.com, the discussion home for mightyavengers.net, uncanon.com and uncannyxmen.net!

Marvel Contest of Champions

Talk about the Video games till the cows come home!
Around The Fur

Re: Marvel Contest of Champions

Post by Around The Fur » 16 May 2016, 05:05

Anyone here still playing this?

I currently have 11 4* champs with Gamora duped and ranked to level 4. Currently at 45 3* champs and FINALLY managed to get Dr. Strange maxed and duped.

I've also learned not to waste units on crystals and instead buy cores and such. 2/3rds of the way from mastering Parry and almost have enough units to get Will power to rank 2. Those 2 masteries alone have gotten me out of many hard battles.

Aside from that, anyone doing well in War here? Baltazar had a pretty good win before he had to leave our alliance some months ago. Currently about 1,300 away from my first 5* champ.
Avengers Draft Team- Iron Man, Mr. Fantastic, Silver Surfer, Ex Nihilo, Beta Ray Bill, Man-Thing, Nightmask, The Unseen and US Agent as The Brotherhood of the Shield!

Theme songs- "Hey! Get out of my way" by The Cardigans.

tokenBG1009

Post by tokenBG1009 » 16 May 2016, 08:51

Still playing with a few coworkers. I'm at 7 4* champs, none of them duped. Electro and Guillotine are both at 3/30 with Captain Marvel slowly getting there and the rest of my 4* are between 1/10 and 2/20.

I need to start saving up my units. I end up with a couple hundred and really want to try for the featured champion and end up losing out hard. I should just save up for the cores for Willpower since that's going to take forever.

Our Alliance just hit Tier 6 in Alliance Wars so we'll be playing for 5* shards, but honestly we're not strong enough to stay there for long.
A League of Their Own!

I wish I could write fanfiction...

RingOtaku

Post by RingOtaku » 16 May 2016, 15:18

I got back in to this after taking a few weeks off. I have no 4* champs, a good chunk of 3* champs but most are "class redundant". I just got a 3* Spider-Man the other day which was my first Science for that level and I have no 3* Tech. Joined a new Alliance because my other one was totally DEAD. In the new Alliance we are doing good with the Wars so far.

I really wish the Units Store was more than just a handful of random "theme" crystals. I don't see why they can't just have 3 and 4 star crystals there all the time for purchase. Price them high sure but shard collecting can SUCK sometimes.
D20 Roulette: A Podcast of Geeks and Raging. https://rouletteproductions.com

Baltazar

Post by Baltazar » 17 May 2016, 03:04

hey guys.
Fur, happy to hear from you here.
in my new alliance I only play War. not much of other alliance activities.
so my progress is slow.
even though we are weak, we "somehow" reached tier 4.
I gave up on them. I tried to be their War adviser but they didn't listen so I don't care anymore :p
just put my 4 stars in defense and see what happens. lol
Have 11 4*. Cap lvl 4, 9 of them (including Iron Man, Iron Patriot, Wolverine, Hawkeye that all have good synergy) lvl 3 and NO DUPE or NO COSMIC 4* YET !!
need 1000 more shards for my first (and probably last) 5*.
I'm surprised you haven't gotten yours yet, Fur.
since there are two faction of Civil War (with one more chance to change sides, I guess), if you explore the Hard level you will get 500 shards for each, but I don't think I have time to do that.
Around The Fur wrote:Baltazar had a pretty good win before he had to leave our alliance some months ago
that was a hell of a ride to Valhalla dude :D
RingOtaku wrote:my other one was totally DEAD
agreed. I checked it and everybody was absent for weeks! like a deadzone or a massacre! I got SCARED for a moment :D

Around The Fur

Post by Around The Fur » 17 May 2016, 08:23

Never waste units on crystals. It'll rarely get you what you want. Instead, focus on masteries. That's how I got parry and willpower and I'm continuing to dedicate units to that until I max them both out. After that- I'd say use units on alliance heals and revives.
Avengers Draft Team- Iron Man, Mr. Fantastic, Silver Surfer, Ex Nihilo, Beta Ray Bill, Man-Thing, Nightmask, The Unseen and US Agent as The Brotherhood of the Shield!

RingOtaku

Post by RingOtaku » 17 May 2016, 14:32

every once in a while I use units on a gold crystal but otherwise I just wait to get rewarded crystals. Again though I'm sadly underdeveloped so I can't claim I am doing things right. lol

tokenBG1009

Post by tokenBG1009 » 18 May 2016, 07:36

I'm so far from Willpower that it doesn't hurt to use units on crystals. I still need more points in my defense tree. My alliance isn't running into too many issues on map 3 so I don't really need the potions or revives either.
A League of Their Own!

RingOtaku

Post by RingOtaku » 18 May 2016, 16:12

Yeah I am not quite ready yet for a lot of mastery cores but I am trying to save up where I can.

Baltazar

Post by Baltazar » 20 May 2016, 02:32

Willpower is really difficult to attain.
I used 650 units to unlock it and now need 400 more to take it to lvl 2.
I'm always afraid if I tap the wrong place of the screen and waste units to buy sth unwillingly.
as useful as it is to have Willpower, it's such a pain in the @$$ when your opponent has it in alliance war/duel/arena etc.
like you bleed them (even unwillingly) they lose 50 health BUT attain 350 per second at the same time!!

today I finally got my first 4* dupe and it was my least favorite of all: Hulkbuster. the only 4* I didn't bother to lvl up! guess I should now. hehe

tokenBG1009

Post by tokenBG1009 » 20 May 2016, 04:45

Ugh, I'd be angry to dupe a Hulkbuster. I just got my...8th(?) 4* today. I got really lucky when I first started my new account and got 3 4*s out of PHCs. I got lucky Sunday night and got a 4* Unstoppable Juggernaut from an Alliance Crystal. Everything else has been from 4* crystals.
A League of Their Own!

RingOtaku

Post by RingOtaku » 20 May 2016, 17:19

man you lucky guys. Still no 4* for me. Maybe I should go back to playing the Story Quests at some point.

Baltazar

Post by Baltazar » 28 May 2016, 00:23

finally got my 5-star (which happens to be my 100th hero as well) \o/
it's Spidey and I am happy about it because he has a good synergy with lots of other heroes.

the problem is upgrading.
a 5-star rank-1 lvl-25 is as strong as a 4-star rank-3 lvl-30.
but it needs 2 tier 4 catalysts plus 5 alphas for it's first rank up (to rank-2)

RingOtaku

Post by RingOtaku » 28 May 2016, 00:43

haha yeah 5-stars just feel like a lot of hassle from what I read. Also since I can't get any 3-star Techs from Crystal Drops and there is one more Civil War Change up I am going to switch to Iron Man Side and run the normal difficulty. If I get 100% I get a 3-star War Machine as a reward.

tokenBG1009

Post by tokenBG1009 » 28 May 2016, 23:46

I've done normal on each side. I don't know if I'll do normal a third time, assuming you can do it a third time.
A League of Their Own!

RingOtaku

Post by RingOtaku » 29 May 2016, 02:57

I don't think so. The messages said you won't lose progress so I guess it's all good for you lol

shrmntnk62

Post by shrmntnk62 » 16 Jun 2016, 20:17

I still play all the time. I've been in the same alliance since last summer. There's a lot of deadweight. I'm thinking about rolling solo for awhile. I've got at least a 3* of almost every character that I want plus a handful of 4*s. The only characters that I want that I don't have any versions of are Luke Cage, Crossbones, and Falcon. I'm super excited that they're doing some X-stuff soon. Beast and Phoenix will be great additions but I'm gonna go nuts trying to get my hands on Nightcrawler ASAP. My alliance is War Machine 2 if anyone wants in. My SN is the same, shrmntnk62.
Man is obsolete. Erase. Extinct. - Fear Factory

Around The Fur

Post by Around The Fur » 17 Jun 2016, 04:00

How's War Machine 2 going? I got Iconic to switch over to my group a couple weeks ago.

FINALLY got my 5* -Winter Soldier. Dunno if I'll have the patience to bang out another one for awhile.

RingOtaku

Post by RingOtaku » 17 Jun 2016, 13:36

I got my first 4* the other day. Moon Knight. Probably won't do much with him for a bit as I'm focused on maxing out my main 3*s. My alliance is active, love some Wars.

manuel_mc89

Post by manuel_mc89 » 17 Jun 2016, 13:48

Ok, just to be clear, theres no way to turn your 1 star into a 2 stars, right? Because i have this badass team of Colossus, Wolverine, and Spider-Man that are at the top of their ranks, but i thought that they would eventually "star" up.
Legion: I will circle around you until the stars die an the world has forgotten what makes us different, and I will shatter any future that dares to divide us.

RingOtaku

Post by RingOtaku » 17 Jun 2016, 18:34

manuel_mc89 wrote:Ok, just to be clear, theres no way to turn your 1 star into a 2 stars, right? Because i have this badass team of Colossus, Wolverine, and Spider-Man that are at the top of their ranks, but i thought that they would eventually "star" up.
Correct. Most heroes have a version for each "star" example I have a 1-star, 2-star, and 3-star Gamora. But once they max out their ranks that's the end of their growth.

manuel_mc89

Post by manuel_mc89 » 17 Jun 2016, 19:06

So i've been wasting my thingies with them... cool. Thanks RingO
Legion: I will circle around you until the stars die an the world has forgotten what makes us different, and I will shatter any future that dares to divide us.

RingOtaku

Post by RingOtaku » 19 Jun 2016, 18:12

Did Contest just have a major update? Because suddenly I'm no longer compatible with this game.

Baltazar

Post by Baltazar » 20 Jun 2016, 04:56

RingOtaku wrote:Did Contest just have a major update? Because suddenly I'm no longer compatible with this game.
version 9.0.0 came out 2~3 days ago. (the one with an X in the background, it has Nightcrawler, Beast, Jean Grey in opening load page)
so you haven't been able to play after this new version came out?
there was another update just one day after its release (9.0.1?)
it's actually a good update. because it seems they had some changes in memory/load time etc.
I still have crashes as much as before but the loading speed has definitely improved. (I have an non-updated iPhone 4s)
you can see some info about the new update here:
http://playcontestofchampions.com/marve ... ase-notes/
hope you can get back to playing ;)

Baltazar

Post by Baltazar » 20 Jun 2016, 05:24

I have been playing a little more in the past days, ignoring the alliance events, focusing on solo stuff and had some achievements:

I finished exploring both Civil War fractions and this new civil warrior one, all in hard mode, so finally I got lots of tier 4 shards and could rank up my second 4-star to rank 4. I also awakened another 4-star so now I have:
4-star Cap & Wolverine both rank 4/40, 4-star Hulkbuster & Hawkeye both rank 3/30 & duped. plus Iron Man, Iron Patriot and Spider-Man(5-star) these 7 heroes have a good synergy together.
I still need a 4-star cosmic but beside that I'm done with 4-stars. I hope I only get dupes from now on.
I am also making a GotG team of 3-stars. almost done.

I also went back to story mode, finished exploring Act 4 chapter 1. very difficult. the 6th quest has 9 routes to explore; one of them only with enemies who inflict poison all the time. besides the "poison" route I didn't use any potions.
then I finished 4 quests in Act 4 chapter 2 but it reached the point that I need to use potions and boosts. I don't have the ability or even the intention of exploring from this point on. I hope I can make it to chapter 3 at least (one route per quest). but Maestro is far far away out of reach...

with three masteries I got (one is actually the prize of exploring Act 4 chapter 1) now I have willpower 2/3 and parry 3/3

how is it going for you guys? which mode you play the most? story quest? special quests? arenas for getting new heroes? or the alliance stuff?

tokenBG1009

Post by tokenBG1009 » 20 Jun 2016, 06:30

I just completed Chapter 2 of Act 3 today. I spent so much time doing the monthly events and arenas that I neglected the story quests for the longest. Good to know Act 4 is going to be hell.
A League of Their Own!