Welcome to unstablemolecules.com, the discussion home for mightyavengers.net, uncanon.com and uncannyxmen.net!

Marvel Contest of Champions

Talk about the Video games till the cows come home!
Gremlin

Re: Marvel Contest of Champions

Post by Gremlin » 08 Jan 2016, 18:50

Do you need to be online to play this? Is there an offline mode?
Everybody is entitled you their opinion...but yours is wrong.

tokenBG1009

Post by tokenBG1009 » 08 Jan 2016, 19:42

It's online only. Tried turning on airplane mode and it didn't work.
A League of Their Own!

I wish I could write fanfiction...

Gremlin

Post by Gremlin » 08 Jan 2016, 20:10

Damn, I would be interested in this but I spend lots of time away from Internet reception. I play Marvel Puzzle Quest and it's annoying that I lose a lot of ground due to not playing for stretches.
Everybody is entitled you their opinion...but yours is wrong.

Around The Fur

Post by Around The Fur » 11 Jan 2016, 07:11

Switched alliances recently, thanks again Baltazar!

FINALLY got a 3* Wolverine ( one of my favs), got a 4* Ms Marvel and finished the Groot challenge on hard. My main problem right now is getting top tier catalysts and gold. At one point, I had 300k saved up but blew it all once I started finishing ranking my top champs.

Anyone here still hitting the arenas to get characters? I got all the characters around the time MN Magneto and Symbiote Spider-man was released but had no luck after Mr. fixit got released. I'm thinking about trying my luck again but don't know if it's worth it.
Avengers Draft Team- Iron Man, Mr. Fantastic, Silver Surfer, Ex Nihilo, Beta Ray Bill, Man-Thing, Nightmask, The Unseen and US Agent as The Brotherhood of the Shield!

Theme songs- "Hey! Get out of my way" by The Cardigans.

tokenBG1009

Post by tokenBG1009 » 11 Jan 2016, 10:21

I'm just about to cross into the Intermediate bracket so I'm still hitting arenas pretty hard right now. Once I hit Veteran I'll slow down because it's just going to be too time consuming to continue. People are hitting 7 and 8 million pts and I'm struggling to hit 200k. Once I get my heroes built up I'll try it again though.

I am getting pretty ticked off at the Premium Hero Crystals. I opened 8 last night and they were all two stars. I haven't grabbed a single 4* yet, but I've got maybe 9 3* champions. I finally decided to start investing ISO into them because the story quests are actually starting to get difficult and my 2* champs won't be able to get me through it much longer.
A League of Their Own!

Baltazar

Post by Baltazar » 13 Jan 2016, 08:03

Around The Fur wrote:Switched alliances recently, thanks again Baltazar!
You are welcome ATF. I hope you are enjoying the new alliance.

I never got a single champion from Arenas. it's so time-consuming. all from the crystals.
last week was my lucky week. got 4star Fixit from a 4-star crystal plus ***Elektra, ***Deadpool, ***Cap WWII

have around 24 hours to get Groot. should beat Jane Foster two more times.

Baltazar

Post by Baltazar » 13 Jan 2016, 08:07

tokenBG1009 wrote:I am getting pretty ticked off at the Premium Hero Crystals. I opened 8 last night and they were all two stars. I haven't grabbed a single 4* yet, but I've got maybe 9 3* champions. I finally decided to start investing ISO into them because the story quests are actually starting to get difficult and my 2* champs won't be able to get me through it much longer.
It took me around 5~6 months to get my first.
are you playing the story mode?
if you finish Act 3 and explore Thanos you will get a 4star crystal.

tokenBG1009

Post by tokenBG1009 » 14 Jan 2016, 13:24

I'm in Act 2 Chapter 1 right now. Haven't been able to play as much because I'm training a guy at work. I won't be able to get champions from Arena soon as I move up the brackets.
A League of Their Own!

tokenBG1009

Post by tokenBG1009 » 22 Jan 2016, 01:03

So, I've been playing awhile and I'm beginning to notice I have a weird trend of always having Colossus fight Magik. I never do it intentionally, but it's something I'm beginning to notice.
A League of Their Own!

Baltazar

Post by Baltazar » 27 Jan 2016, 05:48

used to happen with me too :)

Around The Fur

Post by Around The Fur » 27 Jan 2016, 07:10

Just exited my first battle- the final chapter vs Miles on difficult. I'd used up all my characters and had used 3 out of the seven stronger revives and a bulk of my health potions and only put a quarter dent in his health.... So pissed- but I decided to cut my losses. That damn evade on Miles really made it damn near impossible to land a blow.

Has anyone here started Act 4? I'm tempted to give it a go, but I only have 3 4*s that are capable so I don't know if it's worth it ( on top of the fact that I now need to restock my inventory).

Another side note, it seems there are quite a few upcoming characters to be released soon such as Old Man Logan, She-Hulk, "Venom-pool" and Red Skull.
Avengers Draft Team- Iron Man, Mr. Fantastic, Silver Surfer, Ex Nihilo, Beta Ray Bill, Man-Thing, Nightmask, The Unseen and US Agent as The Brotherhood of the Shield!

tokenBG1009

Post by tokenBG1009 » 01 Feb 2016, 05:59

I imagine the Venom-Pool characters are going to be part of the possible Deadpool event coming next month to coincide with the movie. I'm actually working on the Normal version of the Miles Morales quest. I don't think I'll be able to get it done in time though because the 3rd chapter requires 3 energy per tile. For the story mode I'm just getting into Act 2. I'm grossly overpowered for the quests I'm doing now though. I spend so much of my time doing arenas that I just get burned out on doing anything else afterwards.
A League of Their Own!

RingOtaku

Post by RingOtaku » 03 Feb 2016, 01:14

Okay so my late self just got this game. I'm only LVL 6 now (I just started playing today) but if you guys have an alliance can I join?
D20 Roulette: A Podcast of Geeks and Raging. https://rouletteproductions.com

Baltazar

Post by Baltazar » 04 Feb 2016, 02:06

Around The Fur wrote:Just exited my first battle- the final chapter vs Miles on difficult. I'd used up all my characters and had used 3 out of the seven stronger revives and a bulk of my health potions and only put a quarter dent in his health.... So pissed- but I decided to cut my losses. That damn evade on Miles really made it damn near impossible to land a blow.
it was hard. evade is the most pain in the ass boost in the game. used to complain about Ultron's revive or Juggernaut's unstoppable but Miles Morales is officially my most hated character of the game.
I had to use couple of revive and health potions I had saved for MONTHS, to beat him all the 7 times. (the ones I didn't need for Thanos, Venom, etc)
Around The Fur wrote:Has anyone here started Act 4? I'm tempted to give it a go, but I only have 3 4*s that are capable so I don't know if it's worth it ( on top of the fact that I now need to restock my inventory).
I finish Act 4 chapter 1 (4-1). any time I finish an event (say Groot or Miles) and finally think it is time to continue the main story a new event starts.
Act 4 is difficult. I am not even planning to explore it. There is only one easy (still very diffivult) route. so it is not that difficult to finish once but exploring is very difficult.
I did 4-2-1 and it starts to have nodes like the AQ. so maybe chapter 2 is easier to axplore. because the first time you play its the most difficult one. but on the way you remove some nodes so the next time it easier to finish (I guess)

RingOtaku

Post by RingOtaku » 04 Feb 2016, 02:15

Yeah I don't think I'm clearing this Spider-Event before it times out. Just not high enough level. Plus I suck at fighting games even if they amuse me.

Baltazar

Post by Baltazar » 04 Feb 2016, 02:20

RingOtaku wrote:Okay so my late self just got this game. I'm only LVL 6 now (I just started playing today) but if you guys have an alliance can I join?
try to join an intermediate level alliance first. there are some features you cant have unless you join one. and it helps you to get a lot more catalysts etc to level up.
I invited AtF to ours. but we have a policy of adding new members over lvl +20 total score +20K with at least one or two upgraded 4stars and good duel history (which proves the member is active)
I would be happy to have you and other old UXN posters in our alliance when you reach those bottom-lines. maybe in one or two months ;-)
BTW I am K-23 in the game. add me if you like :)

Baltazar

Post by Baltazar » 04 Feb 2016, 02:27

RingOtaku wrote:Yeah I don't think I'm clearing this Spider-Event before it times out.
yeah. you can't do it in two three days. try to focus on the new deadpool event. it's gonna be there for 4 weeks.

Around The Fur

Post by Around The Fur » 04 Feb 2016, 03:03

Ringotaku, I'd recommend completing a couple of chapters in act one and then replay once you start to have an issue battling and collect ISO and gold to upgrade your champs.

The first month of playing, I was in a very low level alliance that was open. You'll at least get some rewards from it and a bit more experience fighting if they do alliance quests. After that, look for groups that have a bit more discipline.

Baltazar, it's been a rough patch with our merry band as of late lol. I'm so glad Summoners advancement hits tomorrow so I can rank up another 4 star. Considering I was top 4 in the last one we ranked in, I was surprised at some of the scores people got.

Question for ya Baltazar, what's your mastery setup like? I'm thinking of moving around some stuff to get parry and perfect block set up.

RingOtaku

Post by RingOtaku » 04 Feb 2016, 03:44

Yeah I have 100% Chapter 1 of Act 1 and done some of the Daily Quests since they aren't too hard. So far I have 1-Star Spiderman, 1-Star Wolverine, 1-Star Vision, and 2-Star Hulk. I need to join an alliance but I was wondering if anyone here was in one so I'd actually know someone in it lol.

Baltazar

Post by Baltazar » 04 Feb 2016, 04:47

Around The Fur wrote:Question for ya Baltazar, what's your mastery setup like? I'm thinking of moving around some stuff to get parry and perfect block set up.
It's not a good setting. lol
because I did most of that when it first came out and many of these useful new features weren't available by then.
as you know not easy to change the setting.

mine is:
10:attack, 1:courage
18: health 4: block
5: stun, 1: dexterity

stun is very good against Thor and characters like him.
i would like to change courage and block but dont have enough gold.

they say willpower is awesome and comes handy in Act 4

Around The Fur

Post by Around The Fur » 04 Feb 2016, 05:01

I started analyzing certain high rollers on YouTube and parry seems to come in handy in high battle situations as it stuns the enemy if you do a perfect block. The only problem getting this mastery is that you have to have 3 stony mastery cores to unlock it. I have one on hand right now and am thinking about saving units to buy the rest. It seems that this mastery works best with all other block masteries maxed out and when using champs like Cap who have a high block percentage.

Baltazar

Post by Baltazar » 04 Feb 2016, 05:06

yeah, i guess we should save units for stony mastery. willpower also needs that. i also have only one.

Around The Fur

Post by Around The Fur » 04 Feb 2016, 05:59

For anyone in this game, go on YouTube and search videos of parry being used. It gives any champion the ability to stun an opponent for a second or 2, which greatly increases a window to complete a combo or special move in battle.

tokenBG1009

Post by tokenBG1009 » 04 Feb 2016, 08:32

Screw willpower. I got bored and was in the arena with Black Suit Spidey against a Willpower opponent. I threw 10+ stacks of Armor Break on the enemy and he was regening 225 health per second.
A League of Their Own!

RingOtaku

Post by RingOtaku » 04 Feb 2016, 18:35

So slight side-step here. Just got 2-Star Guillotine and since I didn't recognize her I did a little research. But all I found was the game and the tie-in mini Marvel is publishing right now. So is she an original character?