Welcome to unstablemolecules.com, the discussion home for mightyavengers.net, uncanon.com and uncannyxmen.net!

Marvel Contest of Champions

Talk about the Video games till the cows come home!
RingOtaku

Re: Marvel Contest of Champions

Post by RingOtaku » 20 Jun 2016, 14:49

Yeah I figured it out. I play on an Android Emulator and had to change to a different emulator. lol

I try to multi-task between alliance based stuff and solo stuff. I am almost done 100% Civil Warrior on Easy. Then I'll probably try normal. I've been ignoring Story Mode during the Civil War stuff. I'm on chapter done with Act Two.

I do like how it looks now.
D20 Roulette: A Podcast of Geeks and Raging. https://rouletteproductions.com

RingOtaku

Post by RingOtaku » 25 Jun 2016, 00:13

Wow. So my alliance was a mix of high-level guys and mid and low level guys. So the alliance split up with the Elites making their own sister alliance with one staying to be alliance leader. The old alliance is basically a developmental alliance now. And they made me an officer.

I have no idea how to be an officer lol

tokenBG1009

Post by tokenBG1009 » 25 Jun 2016, 01:21

My alliance is probably 7 people above 30k and everyone else below 20k. I'm almost sad that we'll never advance to the higher tiers, but at the same time I'm not big on putting the amount of time some people heave into this game.
"Sometimes I do feel like I'm a failure. Like there's no hope for me. But even so, I'm not gonna give up. Ever!" -Izuku Midoriya

RingOtaku

Post by RingOtaku » 25 Jun 2016, 02:42

I'm the same way. I play the game for a bit but I'm not trying to Power Level this game. As I told them when they talked about splitting the alliance "Long as I got an alliance that isn't totally dead I'm happy".

Baltazar

Post by Baltazar » 25 Jun 2016, 03:28

RingOtaku wrote: I have no idea how to be an officer lol
congratulations. maybe you can start by KICKing a non-active member. lol

an update on my progress. hehe.
I finished Act 4 chapter 3.
from the middle of ch2 it becomes very interesting with sub-boss (the penultimate one) feeding all other enemies with a universal node which is something like Fixit's power. both you and your opponent get a random effect in the beginning and (as you progress to higher levels) any time one of you use specials. so it's a very quick and crazy but fun match with you experiencing different power sets (even unstoppable) and most of them will activate your healing (if you have willpower mastery) so it's not difficult to reach the (strong) boss while you still have most of your health.
it goes like this until (act)4-(chapter)3-(quest)5. I think I didn't use any potion during these 6~7 quests. BUT when you reach 4-3-6, it's hell. lol
basically you have two ways. fighting the boss who is only 2 tiles away, a Venom with around 20 boosts OR choose one of the long routes (more than 50 tiles = +150 energy) reaching the very strong boss who still have 5 or 6 boosts while your squad is almost dead. lol. here I used lots of potions and boosts and finally finished him. this Venom was way above Thanos. so now I have 5 more quests to reach Maestro. I hope the bosses are not as strong as Venom...

so my recommendation. Act 4 chapter 3 is very fun in general (excluding the 6th quest) put it in your priorities to try it in near future cause you experience things you can't have any other place in the game. and save your units to lvl up willpower mastery. it's impossible to progress without it.

tokenBG1009

Post by tokenBG1009 » 25 Jun 2016, 17:43

I've got three cores for Willpower right now. I just need to get the last few points in the defense tree before I can unlock it.
"Sometimes I do feel like I'm a failure. Like there's no hope for me. But even so, I'm not gonna give up. Ever!" -Izuku Midoriya

shrmntnk62

Post by shrmntnk62 » 25 Jun 2016, 18:08

Around The Fur wrote:How's War Machine 2 going? I got Iconic to switch over to my group a couple weeks ago.

FINALLY got my 5* -Winter Soldier. Dunno if I'll have the patience to bang out another one for awhile.

Actually I just quit that alliance. It was kind of driving me nuts. I was sick of most of the team doing nothing. I tried to accept the request you sent me Fur but you're alliance is full again. Next time a spot opens up let me know :)
Man is obsolete. Erase. Extinct. - Fear Factory

tokenBG1009

Post by tokenBG1009 » 28 Jun 2016, 05:22

From leaks it looks like Beast is going to be the featured arena champ in 3 weeks and Nightcrawler two weeks after that. Jean Grey and Gambit were added to the game as well so I wouldn't be surprised to see them show up sooner rather than later.

I've got a ton of work to do to get my teams ready to grind for Nightcrawler. I'd accept even a 3* version of him at this point. I'll probably also blow my units for whatever crystal he comes in for a chance.

Baltazar

Post by Baltazar » 28 Jun 2016, 08:48

tokenBG1009 wrote:From leaks it looks like Beast is going to be the featured arena champ in 3 weeks and Nightcrawler two weeks after that. Jean Grey and Gambit were added to the game as well so I wouldn't be surprised to see them show up sooner rather than later.

I've got a ton of work to do to get my teams ready to grind for Nightcrawler. I'd accept even a 3* version of him at this point. I'll probably also blow my units for whatever crystal he comes in for a chance.
I didn't know about Gambit. have you seen the moves of new characters in youtube?
I am also excited for upcoming X-Men events; mainly the quests.
actually one of these X-men might be the award for intermediate normal lvl exploration.

Baltazar

Post by Baltazar » 28 Jun 2016, 08:59

I actually defeated this guy earlier today and received a big bulk of spoilers including 2 Alphas & 5 tier-4 catalysts :)

shrmntnk62

Post by shrmntnk62 » 28 Jun 2016, 17:14

I actually decided to star my own alliance, the Warriors of Cocytus. If anyone wants to join they're welcome.

shrmntnk62

Post by shrmntnk62 » 24 Feb 2020, 23:16

So, 4 years later I still play this game everyday. I was recently named leader of an alliance called Brotherhood of the Shield. My username is the as it is here, shrmntnk62. We're looking for some more members if anyone wants to come back to the game or give it a try for the first time.

tokenBG1009

Post by tokenBG1009 » 25 Feb 2020, 02:15

I reinstalled it just recently, but I really don't think I can handle the constant AW/AQ/Arena grinds.

It just felt never ending after a while.