Welcome to unstablemolecules.com, the discussion home for mightyavengers.net, uncanon.com and uncannyxmen.net!

Marvel Contest of Champions

Talk about the Video games till the cows come home!
Providence

Marvel Contest of Champions

Post by Providence » 26 Dec 2014, 05:06

Has anybody played this game. I just started playing it. It's fun so far.

Deadpool's in the game but he has to be bought for $20. Boo!

Here's a trailer:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FP8CAfwgdn8

Juggernaut

Re: Marvel Contest of Champions

Post by Juggernaut » 26 Dec 2014, 20:11

I've played it and it's pretty enjoyable. I like that you get free characters and energy seems to refill at a decent clip at least for now

hotknives

Post by hotknives » 02 Jan 2015, 11:40

It's fun, and certainly looks pretty.

Just a shame the only way to get characters (apart from Deadpool), is a random process - I'd kill for a 3star+ Black Bolt.

Hoping more characters will be released soon - think they've said it'll be a pretty regular character release timetable
Uncanny Avengers Draft
1. Emma Frost
2. Wiccan
3. Magneto
4. Iron Fist
5. Dr Nemesis
6. Elixir
7. Ares
8.Mercury
9.Hellstorm

Baltazar

Post by Baltazar » 03 Jan 2015, 04:01

I started playing after Providence's post :-)

I have one character from each class (2 mutants though) and was lucky to get a 3-star Starlord which has been a big help.
My favorite is Colossus; Wolverine unfortunately sucks. Spiderman has a good Combo though.
Looking forward to having Thor or Captain Marvel the most.

Edited for:
There is a new 3vs3 arena available in the next 18 hours. the reward is cosmic ISO-8. good for upgrading cosmic class characters (which I think are the most awesome ones)

Baltazar

Post by Baltazar » 21 Jan 2015, 04:05

so I have been playing the 3vs3 arena (the one for two-stars champions) this week to get a 3-star Storm as a prize.
the top 10'000 will win a 3-star storm. does anybody here know (from past experience) around how many points do we need to end up in top 10'000 in such weekly arenas? my current point is 170'000 and the arena event will be over in 15 hours. should I waste some precious units (game money) to play more and gain more points!? lol

BTW has anyone here gotten 3 or 4 star Punisher yet? I've tried it more than a hundred times and it's not giving me the Punisher. it is obviously cheating. lol. cause the crystal's rotation speed changes whenever Punisher is close to be a prize. I mean it stops one before or after Punisher or between to punishers. lol. do I need to enter Act 2 to have more chance to get him?

Baltazar

Post by Baltazar » 26 Feb 2015, 00:32

The new update is awesome! a big improvement! most remarkable one's are "finishing-an-act prize" and alliances.
I've got more than 30 extra catalysts for Acts and Chapters I had finished before. plus a 3-star character crystal.

anybody looking for an alliance!? :p
I found this game not very popular in this forum but maybe we can make an UXN alliance!

shrmntnk62

Post by shrmntnk62 » 31 Jul 2015, 19:41

I've been playing this more a month or two now. I really enjoy it for the most part. It can get pretty aggravating though trying to unlock new characters. It seems like versus crystal with the chance to get Punisher is a cruel joke. I'm in the death squad alliance is anyone feels like joining. Pretty excited that I got a 2 star Captain America this morning.
Man is obsolete. Erase. Extinct. - Fear Factory

Around The Fur

Post by Around The Fur » 01 Aug 2015, 05:32

Started playing this last weekend and I'm almost up to level 17. I hardly ever play games these days but this is addicting. I've been lucky with my crystals, I got a 2 star hulk buster, a two star ultron and a 3 star winter soldier today.
Avengers Draft Team- Iron Man, Mr. Fantastic, Silver Surfer, Ex Nihilo, Beta Ray Bill, Man-Thing, Nightmask, The Unseen and US Agent as The Brotherhood of the Shield!

Theme songs- "Hey! Get out of my way" by The Cardigans.

Baltazar

Post by Baltazar » 02 Aug 2015, 00:07

shrmntnk62 wrote: It seems like versus crystal with the chance to get Punisher is a cruel joke.
it is indeed. took me 5 months to get him. and it was when i didn't care anymore cause I had two other ***skills (winter soldier and Daredevil)
Around The Fur wrote:Started playing this last weekend and I'm almost up to level 17. I hardly ever play games these days but this is addicting. I've been lucky with my crystals, I got a 2 star hulk buster, a two star ultron and a 3 star winter soldier today.
welcome to the game. you were lucky to get **Ultron. I don't have him yet. but his third special attack is awesome. try to upgrade him to rank 3 to unlock it.

the most awesome addition to the game has been the alliance quest that came out 4 days ago. it was really fun to finish a quest with other members. looking fwd to the next one.

Around The Fur

Post by Around The Fur » 09 Aug 2015, 06:09

Anyone here want to start an alliance? I'm about to reach level 25 and have a pretty good 3 star roster to boot (my current crop is a Superior Iron Man, Gamora, Storm, Black Panther, Winter Soldier, Punisher, Electro and Ms. Marvel). I have the same moniker as I do here. I can also gift/trade, but I'm working on getting players ranked up and getting stuff to heal and revive so donations won't come right way.
Avengers Draft Team- Iron Man, Mr. Fantastic, Silver Surfer, Ex Nihilo, Beta Ray Bill, Man-Thing, Nightmask, The Unseen and US Agent as The Brotherhood of the Shield!

Baltazar

Post by Baltazar » 13 Aug 2015, 02:56

good to have you there in my friends list. I'm sure you already know everything about the game. but if there is anything you don't know, I might be able to help.

Here is a useful guide I use to collect catalysts in advance in order to level up my champions:

Around The Fur

Post by Around The Fur » 14 Aug 2015, 02:24

Thanks for that, I didn't realize I could rank up one of my characters lol.

Currently waiting for my energy to build back up so I can finish the last Yellow jacket mission since it expires tomorrow. Only have one revive and about 10 heals and one of my characters KOed. My current team is Superior Iron Man, Black Panther, Gamora, Storm and Electro... Dreading having to fight deadpool and Cap before Yellowjacket.

Baltazar

Post by Baltazar » 14 Aug 2015, 17:27

I hope you could finish it before the event expired.
the best thing to do in fight against bosses is to use boosts. you can boost your heroes up to 40% heal and 35% attack. really makes a difference.

I actually defeated Thanos for the forth time today and FINALLY finished the story mode after 7 months. got a **** crystal that turned out to be Colossus.

Around The Fur

Post by Around The Fur » 15 Aug 2015, 05:41

Got a three star Unstoppable Colossus today! This is why I love alliance points! Leveling him up has been a chore, but I needed a magic class hero ( really gunning for some form of Strange before I have to face Thanos).

I've found that characters like Wolverine, Ultron and Superior Iron-Man to be useful because of their regenerative abilities in PvP mode. That factor makes or breaks many battles.

Baltazar

Post by Baltazar » 15 Aug 2015, 07:16

Strange is the best, by far. he is much different from any other character. he has a magic healing comparable to Wolverine's and Iron Man's. 1/3 of time he has a magic boost (i don't know if it's called boost but i don't know what to call it) and during that short time if you hit the opponent you regenerate hp. another boost he has is perfect block (another 1/3 of time) during that period he gets zero damage (unless you get hit with a heavy attack). I don't know if your alliance played any alliance quest. in alliance quest you can't use heal or revive. so *** Strange (even more than Deadpool or Wolverine) is a big big help there because if you get used to the timing of his boosts you can compensate the health you lost in previous battles and become 100% again. If I could chose my **** champ I would select him. hope you can get one. but before that you need to rank up your Cosmic ones to beat Kang. you really need a team with average +800 to beat Kang.

shrmntnk62

Post by shrmntnk62 » 17 Sep 2015, 14:41

Around The Fur wrote:Anyone here want to start an alliance?
I would be interested in starting an alliance or at the very least getting out of mine. I'm in "the Death Squad" and I'm pretty sure I'm the only one who plays. I'm level 26 and about half way to 27. As far as *** go I only have a few: The Vision, Scarlet, & Black Panther. I've got some pretty jacked up ** though. My handle is the same in the game as it is here. shrmntnk62

Around The Fur

Post by Around The Fur » 12 Oct 2015, 03:35

Dunno how there isn't much love for this game here!

Kinda bummed that I didn't get Elektra today, but I have enough scrapers. I have 2 4*s- Daredevil and Thor, and my 3*s consist of Gamora, Superior Ironman, Unstoppable Colossus, Electro, Ultron, Black Panther, Marvel Now Magneto, Starlord, Cosmic Spiderman, Moon Knight, X-Force Deadpool, Spiderman, Rocket Racoon, Magneto, Cap America, ww2 Cap America, Storm, Cyclops, Antman, Yellow Jacket, Magik, Ms. marvel, Cap Marvel, Punisher, Winter Soldier, the Vision and Hulkbuster.

Really hoping to get more mystics soon as those are the characters that continue to allude me. Also, really hoping to pick up Wolverine or Deadpool for their regeneration.

hotknives

Post by hotknives » 14 Oct 2015, 15:33

I'd definitely be up for forming an Alliance - have started playing regularly again.

Really, really want Dr Strange - but I think the developers seem to be onto a good thing - it may be partially pay to play, but the events and new characters are coming thick and fast to keep interest up
Uncanny Avengers Draft
1. Emma Frost
2. Wiccan
3. Magneto
4. Iron Fist
5. Dr Nemesis
6. Elixir
7. Ares
8.Mercury
9.Hellstorm

shrmntnk62

Post by shrmntnk62 » 29 Nov 2015, 20:24

I actually made it all the way through the Luke Cage 3* vs event. First time I've ever had the free time to finish it. I'm just beyond aggrevaited that I didn't get enough points for Luke. I don't have any of the "rare" characters and I'm not sure what I could do differently to help. Annoying

tokenBG1009

Post by tokenBG1009 » 10 Dec 2015, 03:40

After seeing countless ads for the game I decided to pick it up. I'm absolutely loving it. Not as lucky as you guys with characters though. Got a 2* Iron Man and 1* Spider-Man and Vision.
A League of Their Own!

I wish I could write fanfiction...

shrmntnk62

Post by shrmntnk62 » 24 Dec 2015, 21:33

It takes time and luck. Money helps too :)

tokenBG1009

Post by tokenBG1009 » 25 Dec 2015, 09:51

Yeah, I had some leftover Google Play credit that I spent, but I'm not putting any money into this. I have managed to get 3* Rocket, Dr Strange, Thor (Jane Foster), Black Widow, and Magneto.

I'll hopefully get Groot soon, which will be nice with the Arena for him, so I could dupe him once or twice.
A League of Their Own!

Around The Fur

Post by Around The Fur » 06 Jan 2016, 07:44

TBG- color me jealous, I'm DYING to get Strange! Make sure you level him up good, it'll come in handy down the road.

Currently have 5 4*s- Daredevil, Yellowjacket, Thor, Spider-man and The Abomination. Currently closing in on getting enough shards to get another. I've maxed out 11 3*s with Starlord quickly becoming my 12th. Out of all my champions, Unstoppible Colossus has to be my favorite- his Unstoppable feature has helped in many battles.

tokenBG1009

Post by tokenBG1009 » 06 Jan 2016, 13:24

I enjoy a fight between two Unstoppable Colossus or Unstoppable Colossus and Juggernaut. When Unstoppable goes off it's just them wailing on each other.

I did manage to get 3* Groot from the event, then got him from both arenas. Managed to get 3* Ms Marvel, War Machine, and Black Panther as well. Trying to take advantage of the arena while I'm in the beginner bracket.
A League of Their Own!

shrmntnk62

Post by shrmntnk62 » 07 Jan 2016, 03:15

I had a great fightba couple weeks ago between UC and Juggernaut. Absolutely one of my favorites