Welcome to unstablemolecules.com, the discussion home for mightyavengers.net, uncanon.com and uncannyxmen.net!

Street Fighter V

Talk about the Video games till the cows come home!
EphemeristX

Street Fighter V

Post by EphemeristX » 05 Dec 2014, 20:33

Yes, my dears. It's coming. A leaked announcement trailer hit the web before Capcom issued cease and desists and yanked it down. The art style is reminiscent of 4's watercolor style, but the models have been upscaled, re-texturized and de-exaggerated (no more giant stretch mark covered hands). From the tiny bit of footage that's been shown, the combat looks more combo focused and the one arena shown had terrific scaling effects. At one point, Ryu and Chun-Li take to the air in front of a neon sign that looks close enough to touch. Also, and perhaps the biggest news of all, it's apparently a PS4/PC exclusive. We'll see how long that lasts, but XBO gamers are upset.

Anyway, here's a link to an article on Kotaku.

Hopefully, if Juri makes a return appearance, they do something about her feet. It always bugged me the way her one foot would just dangle like a sausage. It didn't matter if the outfit had heels or not. Ew.

EDIT: Here's a link to the trailer.
http://dancehall-daze.tumblr.com

"Take your baby by the ears
And play upon her darkest fears"

Anna Raven

Re: Street Fighter V

Post by Anna Raven » 08 Dec 2014, 06:07

I would scoff, considering how its only been a few years since IV, but I somehow they DO keep making the product look better and better. I'll probably get it when it comes out, and then be disappointed to find out SFV Turbo is coming out in 3 months.
Avengers Editorial Draft: Goliath | Ares | Prowler | Lady Mastermind | Iron Lad | Moonstone | Loki
X-Men Editorial Draft 2: Wolverine | Shadowcat | Beast | Deadpool | Sabretooth | Puck | Pixie | Toad | Prodigy | Eques | Vange Whedon |Snowbird | Wolfsbane

tokenBG1009

Post by tokenBG1009 » 08 Dec 2014, 06:26

Yeah, if i decide to pick this up at all, and honestly i'm more of an MK fan, it'll be a year after it releases so I can just get the whole package.
"Sometimes I do feel like I'm a failure. Like there's no hope for me. But even so, I'm not gonna give up. Ever!" -Izuku Midoriya

EphemeristX

Post by EphemeristX » 08 Dec 2014, 10:33

Street Fighter IV is six and a half years old. It's never been too far from our thoughts with the constant updates, but that's actually a decently long time. A bit shorter than, say, the time between III and IV (eleven years), but the Alphas and the IIIs were only started two years apart and the IIs only four years before that. Yeah, the fighting game genre has declined in popularity from its heyday, but I'm ready for a new one.

EphemeristX

Post by EphemeristX » 01 Jun 2017, 19:30

If anyobdy's still playing this, log in during the next two weeks to get 50,000 fight money. They're going to give away another 50,000 more after the next network update too. That's a free character.

Also, the new update finally brought in targets, where you can make little bits of money for doing tasks. 100 for doing 10 jump-in attacks, for instance, or 500 for playing Survival Mode. As someone who sucks pretty badly online, this is pretty much the only avenue I have for making money after doing everybody's story modes and easy survivals.

Spectral Knight

Post by Spectral Knight » 03 Jun 2017, 21:51

Thanks for the pointers on the FM, managed to score Akuma with that bonus. I also suck pretty bad on the online battles. And offline too, probably! Managed to clear story mode and normal survival with all the base characters, and the few DLC characters I've unlocked so far, still struggling with Balrog though. I just can't get my stubby fingers moving quick enough beyond some of the most basic target combos, but still enjoy firing SFV up every so often.