Welcome to unstablemolecules.com, the discussion home for mightyavengers.net, uncanon.com and uncannyxmen.net!

Final Fantasy VII Remake

Talk about the Video games till the cows come home!
EphemeristX

Re: Final Fantasy VII Remake

Post by EphemeristX » 17 Jun 2022, 02:40

I can't fucking wait. Ugh! Along with that, they're redoing Crisis Core, which will be out this winter. Also, confirmation that the story of FFVII will be a trilogy, with Rebirth being part 2. It looks very much like we're going to make it to the Northern Crater in part 2, so that's exciting as hell and, I think, it makes the most thematic sense. Part 2 can be the Empire Strikes Back game.
I really wanna blow your mind
but I haven't got the time.

Magnus

Post by Magnus » 17 Jun 2022, 06:14

Yeah, if they stick with roughly the same plot/locations/outline as the original, I think Part 2 ending with the Northern Crater confrontation makes sense. I saw a lot of comments about how "Midgar was only 15% of the original game, how can they fit this into 3 parts?" while not realizing that Midgar apparently has something like 30-40% of the dialogue, and almost all of the original game fits on two discs (with only the final dungeon and big-ass ending FMVs on the third disc.)

That said, they've also definitely set themselves up to go into a completely different direction... I do wonder what they'll do. I think if they deviate too much they run the risk of upsetting a large portion of the fanbase. But there's also a lot of interesting potential with changing things.

XtremeOne1

Post by XtremeOne1 » 17 Jun 2022, 22:25

I don't mind deviations, tbh. At this point, to me this is a sequel, so while I do want to see some of the same points hit, I'm most excited to see where things change and how the timeline changes.

Just give me more Tifa/Aerith interaction, please. And now throw in the chaos of Yuffie. And Vincent coming too! Cait Sith! I just am so excited. The Remake put me in the category of "I have nothing but faith" so we'll where this all goes.

And now we have the Crisis Core remake too, I wonder if we'll see the Whispers popping up...or at least the ramifications of the Whispers.

And if they're making sure that's coming out and with the characters from Dirge of Cerebus of all games showing up in The Yuffie DLC(meaning I guess I do have to play that one day...), we'll see, at the very least Genesis, show up in the main remake games..which...meh.

Jindianajonz

Post by Jindianajonz » 17 Jun 2022, 23:10

I did everything in the first game except get the Bahamut materia, and now I'm probably too rusty to figure it out. Guess I'll need to start a new game before this sequel hits!

EphemeristX

Post by EphemeristX » 18 Jun 2022, 02:54

XtremeOne1 wrote:
17 Jun 2022, 22:25
I don't mind deviations, tbh. At this point, to me this is a sequel, so while I do want to see some of the same points hit, I'm most excited to see where things change and how the timeline changes.

Just give me more Tifa/Aerith interaction, please. And now throw in the chaos of Yuffie. And Vincent coming too! Cait Sith! I just am so excited. The Remake put me in the category of "I have nothing but faith" so we'll where this all goes.

And now we have the Crisis Core remake too, I wonder if we'll see the Whispers popping up...or at least the ramifications of the Whispers.

And if they're making sure that's coming out and with the characters from Dirge of Cerebus of all games showing up in The Yuffie DLC(meaning I guess I do have to play that one day...), we'll see, at the very least Genesis, show up in the main remake games..which...meh.
Nothing I've seen seems to indicate they're changing CC at all. Every bit of dialogue and every scene they've shown is directly transposed from the original. This one really looks to be just a remaster.

Also, I saw Gackt had posted an image on social media of himself in his Genesis outfit. Draw from that what you will.
I really wanna blow your mind
but I haven't got the time.