Welcome to unstablemolecules.com, the discussion home for mightyavengers.net, uncanon.com and uncannyxmen.net!

Marvel's Wolverine

Talk about the Video games till the cows come home!
tokenBG1009

Marvel's Wolverine

Post by tokenBG1009 » 09 Sep 2021, 21:00

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AF_f8kl8lJQ

Made by the same studio that made Spider-Man (PS4)
"Sometimes I do feel like I'm a failure. Like there's no hope for me. But even so, I'm not gonna give up. Ever!" -Izuku Midoriya

EphemeristX

Re: Marvel's Wolverine

Post by EphemeristX » 09 Sep 2021, 21:34

I. Am. HYPED.
"You can leave your valuables here
with me," he smiled.

Cable

Post by Cable » 09 Sep 2021, 21:49

I wasn't certain if I was going to get a PS5 or Xbox series X. That question was just answered.
Best Comics of Week 36

X-titles: X-Force #23 by Benjamin Percy (6) and Martin Coccolo (1)
Non-X titles: Defenders #2 by Al Ewing (7) and Javier Rodriguez (1)

In parentheses number of times creator has had best comic this year

das_boot

Post by das_boot » 09 Sep 2021, 22:10

SET IN MADRIPOOR?!
X-Centric podcast: coming soon!

Gremlin

Post by Gremlin » 10 Sep 2021, 01:42

By the same guys who did Spider-Man...SOLD! Hopefully Laura and Daken make appearences.
Everybody is entitled you their opinion...but yours is wrong.

EphemeristX

Post by EphemeristX » 10 Sep 2021, 02:42

There are Hulk easter eggs in the bar. I wonder if that means we'll run into him.
with me," he smiled.

Jindianajonz

Post by Jindianajonz » 10 Sep 2021, 18:07

EphemeristX wrote:
10 Sep 2021, 02:42
There are Hulk easter eggs in the bar. I wonder if that means we'll run into him.
I see the HLK 181 license plate, but what else is there? I'm not too knowledgeable about Hulk.

Also, does anyone know what language is written on the whiteboard above "Vodka 5.00"? I don't recognize it as a real world SE asian language (though my knowledge there is even worse than my knowledge on Hulk!), and it looks too squiggly for Krakoan, though that may be because its handwritten.

EphemeristX

Post by EphemeristX » 10 Sep 2021, 18:30

1974 on the register -- both of which allude to Wolverine's first appearance in Hulk, so they might be less about Hulk and more about it being Wolverine's first appearance.

Also, I spied an eyepatch laying on the bar in the reverse shot with his hands in frame.

The language looked a bit like Thai or Lao.
with me," he smiled.

Spectral Knight

Post by Spectral Knight » 10 Sep 2021, 22:11

Jindianajonz wrote:
10 Sep 2021, 18:07
EphemeristX wrote:
10 Sep 2021, 02:42
I see the HLK 181 license plate, but what else is there? I'm not too knowledgeable about Hulk.

Also, does anyone know what language is written on the whiteboard above "Vodka 5.00"? I don't recognize it as a real world SE asian language (though my knowledge there is even worse than my knowledge on Hulk!), and it looks too squiggly for Krakoan, though that may be because its handwritten.
Doop Speak?

das_boot

Post by das_boot » 11 Sep 2021, 11:12

I’ve decided that I have a “want” list for this game, based on the Spider-Man game.
-Open-ish world through Madripoor like Spider-Man’s New York
-Have it like an updated version of the post-Outback era. Logan could have Jubilee, Armor or (sigh) Kitty as a support character (kind of like Miles and MJ). Psylocke could be Lady Mandarin. Karma could be a kind of intelligence broker working with Yukio. Sunfire could be there working at cross-purposes (almost like Silver Sable)
-Give us an in-story reason why it’s Wolverine and not all of the X-Men. Maybe even have one of the plots be that he’s there to rescue a squad of X-Men who can then show up in support roles (say, Nightcrawler, Magik or Blink for teleportation for “fast travel” purposes)
-give him a motorbike. Please.
-cameos from other Marvel characters that aren’t X-Related
-I kind of feel like Viper is the likely villain.
-PLEASE some kind of pseudo X-Force reference— again, explaining why he’s not in Madripoor with a full team of X-Men for what’ll presumably be a large threat.
-Some flavour of telepath for the “travelling” conversations like when people would call Peter while he was swinging through NY.
-I kind of need this to be rated at either 15 or 18 (R I guess for America?) because let’s not sanitise this game

Gremlin

Post by Gremlin » 11 Sep 2021, 12:54

I'm after some decent boss battles. Spider-Man was able to have a varied moveset that included ranged and melee attacks, but Wolverine's attacks will probably be limited to melee. I think you're right in Viper will play a role in the game, but I would like a mixture of villains that will force Wolverine into some interesting battles. I can see the likes of Sabretooth, Lady Deathstrike and Mystique being featured...but I wouldn't mind seeing the likes of Pyro, Omega Red and Lady Mastermind get in the mix for a varied fight.

You would also need the generic goons to fight and depending on how gory you want things to be you have different options. If you want squishy humans to slice up then Madripoor gang members would be the obvious goons, with the human factions like Purifers and Friends of Humanity being good subs as well. However, if they don't want to have too much needless death then Sentinels would be the default.
Everybody is entitled you their opinion...but yours is wrong.

das_boot

Post by das_boot » 11 Sep 2021, 13:53

Lady Mastermind would be a REALLY interesting foe if they have some kind of function similar to the detective mode in the Arkham games where Wolverine has to use scent instead of sight/hearing to track a target

EphemeristX

Post by EphemeristX » 11 Sep 2021, 15:49

My wish list is to heavily use the Madripoor cast.

Tiger Tyger, Karma, Jessica Drew as your backup. Tiger would be a mission giver, Karma would provide Oracle-like support, and Drew could investigate leads and also give you backup in missions. Plus it would kinda tie into the Spider-Man games. In my fever dream, I'd also have Archie, O'Donnel, Rose Wu, and Lindsay McCabe among the supporting cast, but we'll see.

Obviously Sabretooth has to be in there, but I'd want to see Silver Samurai and Viper for sure, as well as Bloodscream and Roughhouse, Dragoness, Sapphire Styx, and maybe even Mister X.

Spider-Man had the big hitters, but it really dove deep into the C and even D-List characters, and I'd like to see that sort of revitalization for Wolverine's own storied rogues gallery.

The one thing I kinda hope it stays away from is Weapon X, at least in any more than a perfunctory fashion. "Oh, this is Kestrel, we're old war buddies..." Weapon X is where every Wolverine game ends up going, and it's like Logan's own Phoenix Saga. I'm over it.
with me," he smiled.

das_boot

Post by das_boot » 11 Sep 2021, 17:33

Oooooh maybe even Landau Luckman and Lake? They were based in Madripoor, right?