Welcome to unstablemolecules.com, the discussion home for mightyavengers.net, uncanon.com and uncannyxmen.net!

Tabletop: Marvel Unite-X-men campaign

Talk about the Video games till the cows come home!
Flapflop

Tabletop: Marvel Unite-X-men campaign

Post by Flapflop » 19 Apr 2021, 12:50

Anyone seen this? I totally backed it: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/cm ... ited-x-men
"There are some things you're better off not knowing. Believe me. You keep this up and soon...bang bang...you'll cry Havok!."

Anna Raven

Re: Tabletop: Marvel Unite-X-men campaign

Post by Anna Raven » 19 Apr 2021, 15:10

I saw it. I don't know if I love the baby-head figures that much. I might back, but with Covid its been hard to play games in person with people the last year.
Avengers Generations: Captain America | Rogue | Red Wolf | Shang Chi | Brawn | Storm | Stingray | Iron Man | Nova | Makkari |

EphemeristX

Post by EphemeristX » 24 Apr 2021, 07:37

Have you seen how meteoric this game's kickstarter has been? It's insane. It went from six heroes, two villains and two anti-heroes (with three exclusive villains and a mohawk storm) to 30 heroes, 11 villains, 5 anti-heroes, and five optional buy-ins bringing the total up to 46 heroes, 25 villains, 5 anti-heroes and four scenario expansions-- like a seven player mode where two teams of three heroes compete to see who fares better against a player controlled villain. Nuts. And with a couple of notable omissions (Nightcrawler and Shadowcat), there's very likely a sixth optional buy-in planned, probably centering around Excalibur. Captain Britain, Rachel, and Colossus are already in-game, so I'm guessing Meggan and maybe Pete Wisdom with Proteus or Sat-yr-9 as the baddie.
http://dancehall-daze.tumblr.com

"Take your baby by the ears
And play upon her darkest fears"

Cable

Post by Cable » 24 Apr 2021, 12:26

The number of characters in this and the base game it spun out of are what have made me hesitant to buy it. To me it suggests a cash grab rather than an effort to carefully think about a game's mechanics and how different characters can contribute to the design.
Best Comics of Week 18

X-titles: Hellions #11 by Zeb Wells (4) and Stephen Segovia (4)
Non-X titles: Heroes Reborn #1 by Jason Aaron (2) and Ed McGuinness (1)

In parentheses number of times creator has had best comic this year

Anna Raven

Post by Anna Raven » 24 Apr 2021, 16:04

Cable wrote:
24 Apr 2021, 12:26
The number of characters in this and the base game it spun out of are what have made me hesitant to buy it. To me it suggests a cash grab rather than an effort to carefully think about a game's mechanics and how different characters can contribute to the design.
Well, think of it like a card game. Like Magic the Gathering, or more apropos, there is a game called Legendary, with Marvel characters represented by cards. I don't think printing more cards for a card game would make you blink. The miniatures in this game are like cards. The mechanics of the game are already set in stone, in fact it's really just a spin on their Avengers series which is already a thing.

I went ahead and backed it. There's some gameplay videos up on YouTube you can watch if you are concerned about the mechanics. I bought the base game and the Blue team of course because I needed my Rogue.
Avengers Generations: Captain America | Rogue | Red Wolf | Shang Chi | Brawn | Storm | Stingray | Iron Man | Nova | Makkari |