Welcome to unstablemolecules.com, the discussion home for mightyavengers.net, uncanon.com and uncannyxmen.net!

Spider-Man

Talk about the Video games till the cows come home!
EphemeristX

Re: Spider-Man

Post by EphemeristX » 08 Aug 2019, 20:37

I know I'm double posting, but the game also got Far From Home costumes added as well.

I've been playing it. Slowly, obvs. But I'm finally in the middle of the second DLC. Has anybody else played through the DLC chapters? The difficulty spike in #2 is unreal. I'm like... trying to clear these safehouses and I got six different flying shield dudes all chasing me while I'm trying to dodge the huge minigun dude.
http://dancehall-daze.tumblr.com

"Take your baby by the ears
And play upon her darkest fears"

Majestic

Post by Majestic » 08 Aug 2019, 23:20

EphemeristX wrote:
08 Aug 2019, 20:37
I've been playing it. Slowly, obvs. But I'm finally in the middle of the second DLC. Has anybody else played through the DLC chapters? The difficulty spike in #2 is unreal. I'm like... trying to clear these safehouses and I got six different flying shield dudes all chasing me while I'm trying to dodge the huge minigun dude.
This was my experience also. The DLC on "Normal" is absolutely more difficult than the base game on "Ultimate."
BODYSHOP INDUSTRIES (X-Villain Draft) : Spiral, Cameron Hodge, Ahab, Pandemic, The Isolationist, Cylla Markham, Matsu'o Tsurayaba, Sugar Man, Nanny & Orphanmaker

Cable

Post by Cable » 11 Jun 2020, 20:21

A sequel starring Miles Morales wwas announced as coming out this year for PS5
Best Comics of Week 39

Best X-Comic: Juggernaut #1 by Fabian Nicieza (1) and Ron Garney (1)
Best Non-X Comic: Immortal She-Hulk #1 by Al Ewing (9) and Jon Davis-Hunt (1)

In parentheses number of times creator has had best comic of the week this year

Anna Raven

Post by Anna Raven » 11 Jun 2020, 22:29

X-Men Generations: Rogue | X-23 | Colossus | Juggernaut | Bruiser | Blink | Scout
X-Men - Krakoa: Avalanche | Black Tom | Lila Cheney | Shadowcat | Outlaw | Blob | Puck II | Gin Genie | Dr. Nemesis | Banshee | Wolverine | Beast

EphemeristX

Post by EphemeristX » 12 Jun 2020, 00:25

So! Hyped!

I hope this is a full-on sequel and not, like, a DLC. I can't wait for Ganke (and maybe Goldballs!) to show up. And you know the end of this one is gonna tease Ghost-Spider, right?

Anna Raven

Post by Anna Raven » 12 Jun 2020, 00:50

Considering it's a switch to the next gen platform, I'd bet you it's a full stand alone game.
X-Men Generations: Rogue | X-23 | Colossus | Juggernaut | Bruiser | Blink | Scout
X-Men - Krakoa: Avalanche | Black Tom | Lila Cheney | Shadowcat | Outlaw | Blob | Puck II | Gin Genie | Dr. Nemesis | Banshee | Wolverine | Beast

EphemeristX

Post by EphemeristX » 12 Jun 2020, 01:23

Yeah, it seems that way. Insomniac is a good company -- I shouldn't be paranoid.

Anna Raven

Post by Anna Raven » 13 Jun 2020, 12:01

Sadly, I was wrong. Apparently it's an "expansion and enhancement". Boooooo.

Aeon

Post by Aeon » 13 Jun 2020, 12:36

They said it’s a stand alone game apparently

https://www.cbr.com/spider-man-miles-m ... lone-game/

Anna Raven

Post by Anna Raven » 13 Jun 2020, 14:58

Oh good! I'm glad to be wrong.

Crutey Anth

Post by Crutey Anth » 14 Jun 2020, 14:17

I haven't played the Spider-man game (I don't have a Playstation)- was thinking of getting a PS4 when the PS5 comes out (as they'll be cheaper) and getting it going then.

However...I might just jump right to PS5 since it looks like most PS4 games will be backwards compatable and playing the Spider-mans back to back!

das_boot

Post by das_boot » 14 Jun 2020, 17:06

I’ve literally just bought it since the game and DLCs we’re down to £20... and I’m actually enjoying it a lot more than I thought I would other than the obvious detractions that it’s an Arkham game but lighter and more fun. I’m definitely spending more time collecting stuff than I am actually following the story, however.
X-Centric podcast: coming soon!

Aeon

Post by Aeon » 14 Jun 2020, 17:11

Aren't most side missions very repate... whats the word? That they are mostly the same over and over just to get all the XP?

EphemeristX

Post by EphemeristX » 14 Jun 2020, 17:18

It's definitely an icon-o-thon in the vein of Assassin's Creed and the Arkham games (or basically any AAA game with large explorable zones), but they do introduce them in waves, which I appreciate. Having everything just laid out on the map at the start is so overwhelming. Probably the only missions that irritated me were the Screwball ones.

It has a fantastic storyline and it uses the Spidey rogues gallery so well. (and its Spidey-friends)

When playing the DLC, wait until you completely finish the main campaign. There's a very clear storyline through the whole game, and if you jump to a DLC, you will definitely spoil it. Big time. Do The Heist, Turf Wars, and Silver Lining in that order. The DLC even plays off its own storyline (and there's a pretty clear difficulty spike once you hit Silver Lining).

But seriously, Spider-Man is a terrific game. If anybody is on the fence about it, I implore you to play it.

das_boot

Post by das_boot » 28 Jun 2020, 23:27

Same, although the game is doing nothing to endear me to Mary Jane. She irritates me at every turn.

EphemeristX

Post by EphemeristX » 29 Jun 2020, 01:21

I really ended up liking Mary Jane. The changes to her character for this game made her part of the story like she's never really been in the comics (until very recently). Spoilers for early game:
Spoiler: show
Have you played as her yet? I thought her segments were pretty fun.

das_boot

Post by das_boot » 29 Jun 2020, 12:45

Spoiler: show
I’m at Grand Central Station and I HATE her parts. I was really hoping it would flip from her to Spider-Man because I actually think that they do the stealth elements better than the Arkham series in some ways (impact webbing henchmen off the roof for the ABSOLUTE win). I just really hate her. I get that she doesn’t want to be thought of as a damsel in distress but LITERALLY every single one of her solo sections, SHE’S HAD TO BE RESCUED (other than the Tombstone one, anyway). And again, maybe this is just me, but I hate that she’s so hot and cold towards Peter. I hate that she comes out with “THIS IS WHY WE BROKE UP” just as he’s about to go out and do some more hero stuff. I did laugh at her telling him to pick up his clothes from the kitchen floor, but like... if I was Peter I’d totally be chasing after Felicia, not MJ.

Cable

Post by Cable » 17 Sep 2020, 01:08

Good news for those who aren't looking to upgrade: it was announced that Miles Morales will be on both PS4 and PS5.
Best Comics of Week 39

Best X-Comic: Juggernaut #1 by Fabian Nicieza (1) and Ron Garney (1)
Best Non-X Comic: Immortal She-Hulk #1 by Al Ewing (9) and Jon Davis-Hunt (1)

In parentheses number of times creator has had best comic of the week this year

EphemeristX

Post by EphemeristX » 17 Sep 2020, 10:24

I can't wait. I mean, I did wait for a whole year to buy the first game. And I'm planning on waiting a year to buy the PS5 (because my major purchase for this year is a new PC and I just had to buy a new phone). I wonder if I can make myself wait and buy this for the PS5 instead.

Spectral Knight

Post by Spectral Knight » 21 Sep 2020, 10:06

This is the first generation I'm even considering getting a PS for. Even the thought of it makes me feel a little dirty, but the PS5 seems to offer much more than the XBox does on exclusives.

(Of course I'll be keeping the Switch as part of my ongoing love for Nintendo)

EphemeristX

Post by EphemeristX » 21 Sep 2020, 16:14

Well, if it makes you feel better, I'm strongly considering crossing the aisle for that 25$ All Access thing.