Welcome to unstablemolecules.com, the discussion home for mightyavengers.net, uncanon.com and uncannyxmen.net!

Pokemon Sword and Shield

Talk about the Video games till the cows come home!
Gremlin

Pokemon Sword and Shield

Post by Gremlin » 10 Oct 2019, 23:50

Anyone else excited for this? Alternate form Zigzagoon, Weezing, Ponyta? Evolution of Farfetch’d....Sirfetch’d. I mean seriously a duck knight with a leek jousting pole, I am down for it.

As some who still plays Pokemon go, i am super excited for this.
Everybody is entitled you their opinion...but yours is wrong.

Spectral Knight

Re: Pokemon Sword and Shield

Post by Spectral Knight » 11 Oct 2019, 05:18

This is the first "proper" Pokemon game in over 15 years that I'm considering getting. Loved Red and Blue, played a bit of Gold, then massively dropped out of the franchise, mainly as I kind of abandoned handhelds. However with the Switch now my main console (certainly the one I use most due to commute times and overnight stays with work away from home), I'm intrigued by it. So this is definitely on my potentials list.

das_boot

Post by das_boot » 11 Oct 2019, 12:57

I guess I’m buying a switch...

I guess I’m actually most curious as to how well they’ll interpret British lore and culture through the lens of Pokémon. We already have a new monster based on a teapot, and I really feel like other than Grookey, the other two starters are definitely creatures you’d expect to see in the English countryside... although I do really hope that Scorbunny isn’t another fire/fighting, but I think that it will be

I’m glad that alternate forms are returning, not sure how I feel about Dynomaxing, and just really hope that this is the first even numbered main title without a new Eeveelution just to make things annoying for the hardcore fans 🤷‍♂️
ASPIRING WRITERS!

Check out the “Writing Challenges” thread in the Uncanon Mess Hall!

Gremlin

Post by Gremlin » 11 Oct 2019, 13:21

Nooooooo. We need an eeveelution. Got my hopes pinned for a steel-type and/or poison.
Everybody is entitled you their opinion...but yours is wrong.

das_boot

Post by das_boot » 12 Oct 2019, 10:13

There’s a few specific things I’m hopeful for this gen:
-Another useful early bug type that can stay with your team throughout: Ribombee/Cutiefly and the Charjabug line were really useful all the way through Sun and Moon.
-A regional dragon based on the one on the Welsh flag (it seems we’re getting the Wolves from the English coat of arms as legendaries, and Ponyta’s new form is possibly a nod to the Unicorn being the national animal of Scotland— no no, for serious reals), so this could make sense too.
-Strong evolutions for the starters— S+M had strong starters and after a couple of lack-lustre generations (notable exception being the Greninja line), it would be a shame to see them go back to being kind of meh
ASPIRING WRITERS!

Crutey Anth

Post by Crutey Anth » 13 Oct 2019, 17:42

I am counting down the days...avoiding buying Witcher 3 and Luigi's Mansion 3 until Christmas because I need my schedule clear for this! Pokemon is my comfort game- its always fun, you can play it infinitely etc

I already have my first few playthroughs planned!

1) To stretch out the game I'm going in as blind as possible with set rules: a) 18 pokemon on rotation (one for each type), b) When I heal at a pokemon centre those 6 go into a box for an hour or so and I have to use 6 others (of my 18), c) can't exceed the level of the next gym leader's pokemon (rather than overleveling)...then complete the pokedex

Then running in the background when I move onto other things in my life:
2) A Galarian new pokemon only team
3) A British themed team (including older pokemon)
4) Nuzlocke's until I actually complete one

Then I'll be ready to move on probably.

Gibbering Fool

Post by Gibbering Fool » 15 Oct 2019, 08:29

As someone that's never officially owned a Pokemon game (I had PC emulated versions of Red and Crystal) Im excited to finally have a console I can play Pokemon on.

das_boot

Post by das_boot » 15 Oct 2019, 10:43

Crutey Anth wrote:
13 Oct 2019, 17:42
I am counting down the days...avoiding buying Witcher 3 and Luigi's Mansion 3 until Christmas because I need my schedule clear for this! Pokemon is my comfort game- its always fun, you can play it infinitely etc

I already have my first few playthroughs planned!

1) To stretch out the game I'm going in as blind as possible with set rules: a) 18 pokemon on rotation (one for each type), b) When I heal at a pokemon centre those 6 go into a box for an hour or so and I have to use 6 others (of my 18), c) can't exceed the level of the next gym leader's pokemon (rather than overleveling)...then complete the pokedex

Then running in the background when I move onto other things in my life:
2) A Galarian new pokemon only team
3) A British themed team (including older pokemon)
4) Nuzlocke's until I actually complete one

Then I'll be ready to move on probably.
... I can’t even with this level of organisation.

My play throughs are usually...
1) All new Pokemon (because that’s part of the fun!)— I don’t have one for each type, but I always make sure that I have coverage moves and tend to favour dual-types... although I DO also consider using legendary/mythical Pokémon as “cheating” for a first play through and I don’t know why.
2) The “perfect” team. This is usually where I do research and look at which Pokémon are actually the most solid team for the region and usually means you need spares— so not quite 18, but I DO think that I usually have about ten on rotation, and my team (including subs) has to factor in villain team, gym leaders, legendaries, elite four, and rival. A lot of the times this means that at least one or two of my monsters aren’t necessarily strong against some of these elements by virtue of typing, but it’s about coverage and overall usefulness. While I usually enjoy this play through, it’s also typically the one that I find less of a challenge due to being OP/too well prepared to see the game as a challenge.
3) The one I usually find the most frustrating— kind of like a Nuzlocke but also not, in that I HAVE to pick Pokémon that I haven’t used on either of my previous runs, and the one where I can only catch (with the intent to use)one specific Pokémon per route/area.

One of my friends used to do a run where he could only use the team that Ash uses in the anime, and as someone who doesn’t watch the TV show, I don’t do this once, but apparently it was almost impossible in Black and White due to not being able to catch a Pikachu...
ASPIRING WRITERS!

bamf

Post by bamf » 05 Nov 2019, 17:41

Anyone been keeping up with the leaks happening? This sure is an...interesting generation. I don’t hate a lot of it but they are definitely taking it in a new direction.
Thunderbolts: Winter Soldier, Agent Venom, Mystique, Arachne, Paladin, Black Cat, Ant-Man, Luke Cage, Kraven

Avengers International: Captain America, Hercules, Storm, Beetle, Doctor Strange, Nightcrawler, Iron Patriot