Welcome to unstablemolecules.com, the discussion home for mightyavengers.net, uncanon.com and uncannyxmen.net!

Marvel Ultimate Alliance 3

Talk about the Video games till the cows come home!
EphemeristX

Marvel Ultimate Alliance 3

Post by EphemeristX » 07 Dec 2018, 02:46

..was just announced during the VGAs! It's got Wolverine and Sentinels in it (so far, the only X-Characters shown), and... apparently it's exclusively for the Switch. I hope that's only a timed exclusive, cause I'd be positively gutted.
http://dancehall-daze.tumblr.com

"Take your baby by the ears
And play upon her darkest fears"

bamf

Re: Marvel Ultimate Alliance 3

Post by bamf » 07 Dec 2018, 03:03

Holy. Hell. I’m am SO $&@?&/*ing psyched for this!!!
MFL: Captain America, Iron Man, Storm, Daredevil, Nightcrawler, Ant-Man, Wasp, Scarlet Witch, Quicksilver, Iron Fist

X-Editorial: Angel, Sunspot, Monet, Karma, Colossus, Lila Cheney, Aurora, Captain Marvel, Magma, Box, Triage, Hindsight, Sydren

Anna Raven

Post by Anna Raven » 07 Dec 2018, 03:25

Ughhhh nooooooo! I'm so sick of exclusives!!
Editorial Draft Results: Rogue | Magneto | Mystique | Sabretooth | Madelyn Prior | Lady Deathstrike | Blink | Peggy Carter | Vanisher | Dead Girl | Jimmy Hudson | Wither | Guardian

Cable

Post by Cable » 07 Dec 2018, 03:57

EphemeristX wrote:
07 Dec 2018, 02:46
..was just announced during the VGAs! It's got Wolverine and Sentinels in it (so far, the only X-Characters shown), and... apparently it's exclusively for the Switch. I hope that's only a timed exclusive, cause I'd be positively gutted.
This isn't a deal with a third-party, Nintendo is the actual publisher of the game. Meaning there is virtually no chance it appears elsewhere. This really blows. I have to get a Switch now.
Rank your favorite characters in the X-Men Character Sorter! Share your results!

"If life were a picnic, you'd be a family. Since life is war, you're soldiers. You'd do well to start accepting that fact."--Nathan Summers

EphemeristX

Post by EphemeristX » 07 Dec 2018, 04:27

God dammit. I really don't want to buy a Switch.

Gremlin

Post by Gremlin » 07 Dec 2018, 09:53

Just got the Switch so I’m super happy about this
Everybody is entitled you their opinion...but yours is wrong.

Spectral Knight

Post by Spectral Knight » 07 Dec 2018, 10:47

I'm one of the sensible people who've already got a Switch, so fab news.

For those of you who've not jumped on the bandwagon; I'd thoroughly recommend it as some great first party games, and plenty of third party support. Especially with Smash Bros out...! (Especially if you're like me and have a non-driving commute - it sure shortens my train journeys!).
X-Editorial:
X-Nation: Psylocke, Siryn, Fantomex, Meggan, Toad, Motormouth, Micromax, Pete Wisdom
Uncanny X-Force: Psylocke, Siryn, Fantomex, Warpath, Maverick, Vindicator, Caliban, Omega Red, Pete Wisdom

tokenBG1009

Post by tokenBG1009 » 07 Dec 2018, 10:53

Looks like I'm about to add a buncha new Switch friends! Hey y'all!

...I should also take my Switch out of the box it's been in since we moved 6 months ago...
A League of Their Own!

I wish I could write fanfiction...

Gibbering Fool

Post by Gibbering Fool » 07 Dec 2018, 10:53

I plan to buy a Switch at Christmas so this news just made my day. I find it particularly funny reading comments from PS4 owners I know complaining about how its exclusive, considering they have Spider-Man

Wings

Post by Wings » 07 Dec 2018, 11:11

Well Wolvie was definitely fighting that Sentinel at Xavier's, that was the mansion without a doubt.

Crystal and Wanda! As playable characters! I'm looking forward to seeing them in action. I don't have a Switch although a couple of my friends do so I may just borrow theirs for a few weeks to play this as I can't afford another console rn....
Sign-ups for Betrayal Game 76: Murder in Manhattan now open! Help Jessica Jones solve the unexplained murder of a group of super-villains! Link to the thread here:
viewtopic.php?f=24&p=169031#p169031

Anna Raven

Post by Anna Raven » 07 Dec 2018, 15:53

Gibbering Fool wrote:
07 Dec 2018, 10:53
I plan to buy a Switch at Christmas so this news just made my day. I find it particularly funny reading comments from PS4 owners I know complaining about how its exclusive, considering they have Spider-Man
Well that's the thing, why is a Marvel fan expected to buy every console? Just release for all platforms please!
Editorial Draft Results: Rogue | Magneto | Mystique | Sabretooth | Madelyn Prior | Lady Deathstrike | Blink | Peggy Carter | Vanisher | Dead Girl | Jimmy Hudson | Wither | Guardian

Spectral Knight

Post by Spectral Knight » 07 Dec 2018, 16:18

I don't have a PS4, and even though I'd love the new Spider-Man game, it's not going to convince me to hand over that sorta cash for one game.

From an industry model I completely understand why exclusives exists. It's an industry necessity as a console manufacture to ensure exclusives as your differentiator.
X-Editorial:
X-Nation: Psylocke, Siryn, Fantomex, Meggan, Toad, Motormouth, Micromax, Pete Wisdom
Uncanny X-Force: Psylocke, Siryn, Fantomex, Warpath, Maverick, Vindicator, Caliban, Omega Red, Pete Wisdom

Milkshake08

Post by Milkshake08 » 07 Dec 2018, 16:35

I think this actually looks kinda not great. The graphics are nowhere near where they should be now. And I miss X-Men Legends. They never have enough X-characters in these games, and with all five of the GotG film characters and a chunk of the Avengers, I doubt we will get anyone but Wolverine in this one, so I'm sorry but completely uninterested.

EphemeristX

Post by EphemeristX » 07 Dec 2018, 21:07

If Wolverine is the only X-Character, I'll be disappointed, but I don't think we're looking at the whole roster here. There's no way. I don't think Nintendo would half-ass something like this if they went through the trouble of funding the return of a decade-gone franchise.

Yeah, the graphics aren't even as good as 2, but I think the art direction was intentional.

Anna Raven

Post by Anna Raven » 08 Dec 2018, 01:16

EphemeristX wrote:
07 Dec 2018, 21:07
If Wolverine is the only X-Character, I'll be disappointed, but I don't think we're looking at the whole roster here. There's no way. I don't think Nintendo would half-ass something like this if they went through the trouble of funding the return of a decade-gone franchise.

Yeah, the graphics aren't even as good as 2, but I think the art direction was intentional.
The Switch, as with all previous Nintendo consoles, does not have the same graphical processing capabilities as the other consoles, so they always have to stylize the art since they can't approach realism.

das_boot

Post by das_boot » 08 Dec 2018, 04:35

They said dozens of characters. As in, multiple dozensz I’m hoping for decent X-representation but MUA2 disappointed me. Now, if this was X-Men Legends 3? I’d be ALL. OVER. THIS.
Marvel Fantasy League Team: Laura Kinney, James Howlett, Domino, Luke Cage, Magik, Black Bolt, Sentry, Dazzler, Nick Fury, Dazzler, Hawkeye (not the Hawkguy)

EphemeristX

Post by EphemeristX » 08 Dec 2018, 07:00

The one thing I loved about MUA2 is that it finally gave Psylocke her due. In XML1 she was the last person you recruited (by far), and the final leg of the game all had enemies strong against telepathy. With no Game+, she was virtually useless. She was a cameo in 2 and then an enemy in MUA1 (even though Cyclops became playable in some versions!). But she came back as a beast in MUA2. I basically played her through the whole game.

Gibbering Fool

Post by Gibbering Fool » 08 Dec 2018, 10:09

I can't remember Psylocke me in MUA2 at all. Was she one of those console specific characters? It has been 10 years, I may have just forgotten her completely

Anna Raven

Post by Anna Raven » 08 Dec 2018, 10:15

She had a really kick ass costume too, it had a dragon pattern that wound all down her swimsuit. I don't think she was exclusive, but she may have been DLC.

Gibbering Fool

Post by Gibbering Fool » 08 Dec 2018, 11:55

I wouldn't judge the graphics just yet, its early days. Though for this style of game high quality graphics really aren't that essential. The characters are small on the screen, you don't need to be able to see Thors beard hairs

Spectral Knight

Post by Spectral Knight » 08 Dec 2018, 17:13

I think there's a massive difference between graphical treatment and the quality of graphics. Much of Nintendo's 1st party output is highly stylised so it looks a good fit.
X-Editorial:

EphemeristX

Post by EphemeristX » 08 Dec 2018, 18:20

Anna Raven wrote:
08 Dec 2018, 10:15
She had a really kick ass costume too, it had a dragon pattern that wound all down her swimsuit. I don't think she was exclusive, but she may have been DLC.
Yeah, she was DLC. And it was her House of M look.

Anna Raven

Post by Anna Raven » 08 Dec 2018, 19:58

EphemeristX wrote:
08 Dec 2018, 18:20
Anna Raven wrote:
08 Dec 2018, 10:15
Yeah, she was DLC. And it was her House of M look.

I honestly would love it if that became her default look everywhere. But she'd have to go back to being Asian first.