Welcome to unstablemolecules.com, the discussion home for mightyavengers.net, uncanon.com and uncannyxmen.net!

Spider-Man

Talk about the Video games till the cows come home!
Cable

Spider-Man

Post by Cable » 14 Jun 2016, 10:29

So I have complained before that Marvel has been focusing on mobile gaming and have had no good console offerings that don't involve Legos in years. Well finally they have something! There will be aSpider-Man game, unrelated to the movies, that will be releasing exclusively on PS4. We don't have any sort of release date yet or much gameplay detail, but there is hope lol
Rank your favorite characters in the X-Men Character Sorter! Share your results!

"If life were a picnic, you'd be a family. Since life is war, you're soldiers. You'd do well to start accepting that fact."--Nathan Summers

tokenBG1009

Re: Spider-Man

Post by tokenBG1009 » 14 Jun 2016, 12:54

Please just let it have web swinging similar to Spider-Man 2: The Movie, or at least Ultimate Spider-Man.

Those were the absolute high points of Spider-Man games.
A League of Their Own!

I wish I could write fanfiction...

Cable

Post by Cable » 14 Jun 2016, 13:58

Ultimate Spider-Man I think was the high point. I was also a fan of Web of Shadows just because of the small amount of choice the story gave you, but it definitely wasn't as well-polished overall as Ultimate Spider-Man.
Rank your favorite characters in the X-Men Character Sorter! Share your results!

"If life were a picnic, you'd be a family. Since life is war, you're soldiers. You'd do well to start accepting that fact."--Nathan Summers

Gremlin

Post by Gremlin » 14 Jun 2016, 14:04

I was a fan of Shattered Dimensions.
Everybody is entitled you their opinion...but yours is wrong.

EphemeristX

Post by EphemeristX » 14 Jun 2016, 15:17

Shattered Dimensions is probably the only Spider-Man game I completed and it was only because I had GameFly at the time and didn't have to buy it. I enjoyed it. Blew through it in a couple of days and I would've been pissed at paying 60 bucks for it, but I didn't, so yay.
http://dancehall-daze.tumblr.com

"Take your baby by the ears
And play upon her darkest fears"

Gremlin

Post by Gremlin » 14 Jun 2016, 16:29

Yeah I got mine free too. I platinumed it for the PlayStation as it was rather easy but fun.
Everybody is entitled you their opinion...but yours is wrong.

Cable

Post by Cable » 14 Jun 2016, 18:33

I think it might be a good sign that this is being developed by Insomniac. A game that does Spidey justice has to not only have good combat but also good web-slinging. Insomniac is previously known for Ratchet and Clank which is an action/platformer (and before that they did Spyro) so they obviously already have put alot of thought into how to make a game that is fun to move through. I've never played the Ratchet and Clank games but by all accounts they are quality titles. I think this is a bigger studio than has worked on previous Spider-Man games.

Cable

Post by Cable » 13 Jun 2017, 11:02

Gameplay footage released at E3. If nothing else it certainly looks gorgeous

Cable

Post by Cable » 12 Nov 2018, 19:47

I'm surprised nobody has written about this. I have heard nothing but good things. I myself have not played it yet because there are story DLCs being released through December and I would rather just play it all at once rather than have to come back to it. For those who got it how is it?

Anna Raven

Post by Anna Raven » 12 Nov 2018, 20:18

I've been too busy playing it to write about it.its amazing. Hands down the best Spider-Man game ever made, and probably best superhero game. The story is fantastic. The web swinging takes the greatness of Spider-Man 2 and just perfects it.

I am at 96% complete on the main campaign (just missing stopping a few random crimes) and 100% complete on the DLC Heist, so I've sunk some hours into this game also.
Editorial Draft Results: Rogue | Magneto | Mystique | Sabretooth | Madelyn Prior | Lady Deathstrike | Blink | Peggy Carter | Vanisher | Dead Girl | Jimmy Hudson | Wither | Guardian

tokenBG1009

Post by tokenBG1009 » 13 Nov 2018, 06:53

I really wanna buy it, but I've got a back catalog of games to play already. Maybe if I ever finish Nier I could warrant bumping it in priority.
A League of Their Own!

hotknives

Post by hotknives » 14 Nov 2018, 12:24

It's such a good game. I honestly think the story is the best, most cohesive Spider-man story we've had.
Excited to see what the DLC will bring (if I can tear myself away from Red Dead Redemption...)
Uncanny Avengers Draft
1. Emma Frost
2. Wiccan
3. Magneto
4. Iron Fist
5. Dr Nemesis
6. Elixir
7. Ares
8.Mercury
9.Hellstorm

EphemeristX

Post by EphemeristX » 14 Nov 2018, 16:35

Same. I want Spider-Man so bad, but I can't justify it when I have such a backlog. I'm just now playing Life Is Strange.

Cable

Post by Cable » 14 Nov 2018, 17:01

EphemeristX wrote:
14 Nov 2018, 16:35
Same. I want Spider-Man so bad, but I can't justify it when I have such a backlog. I'm just now playing Life Is Strange.
I have a backlog as well. Life is Strange is probably my favorite game of all time and yet I still havent' found time to play the prequel. I have started Red Dead 2 and it will take awhile!
Anna Raven wrote:
12 Nov 2018, 20:18
I've been too busy playing it to write about it.its amazing. Hands down the best Spider-Man game ever made, and probably best superhero game. The story is fantastic. The web swinging takes the greatness of Spider-Man 2 and just perfects it.

I am at 96% complete on the main campaign (just missing stopping a few random crimes) and 100% complete on the DLC Heist, so I've sunk some hours into this game also.
What costume do you tend to rock?

Anna Raven

Post by Anna Raven » 14 Nov 2018, 23:21

Cable wrote:
14 Nov 2018, 17:01
EphemeristX wrote:
14 Nov 2018, 16:35
I have a backlog as well. Life is Strange is probably my favorite game of all time and yet I still havent' found time to play the prequel. I have started Red Dead 2 and it will take awhile!
Anna Raven wrote:
12 Nov 2018, 20:18

What costume do you tend to rock?
Well I like to switch around based on the time of day/mission. But some of my favorites are the base new suit they made for the game with the White Spidey logo, the Velocity Suit, the Last Stand Suit, and the Resilient Suit from the Heist DLC. I also love the Vintage suit but its really odd when your character is toon shaded, but nothing else is. Its like a weird disconnect in your brain.
Editorial Draft Results: Rogue | Magneto | Mystique | Sabretooth | Madelyn Prior | Lady Deathstrike | Blink | Peggy Carter | Vanisher | Dead Girl | Jimmy Hudson | Wither | Guardian

EphemeristX

Post by EphemeristX » 14 Nov 2018, 23:26

Did you guys see the announcement of the second DLC? It involves Hammerhead.

Anna Raven

Post by Anna Raven » 15 Nov 2018, 01:50

Yup, the first DLC involved his goons, but ended on a cliffhanger, so the second DLC will be more about him directly.

tokenBG1009

Post by tokenBG1009 » 15 Nov 2018, 04:49

Part of me wants to wait for the GOTY edition that's sure to come soon.
A League of Their Own!

RingOtaku

Post by RingOtaku » 15 Nov 2018, 16:52

tokenBG1009 wrote:
15 Nov 2018, 04:49
Part of me wants to wait for the GOTY edition that's sure to come soon.
ONLY if they call it the Amazing or Spectacular Edition. The Marketing writes itself.
D20 Roulette: A Podcast of Geeks and Raging. https://rouletteproductions.com