Welcome to unstablemolecules.com, the discussion home for mightyavengers.net, uncanon.com and uncannyxmen.net!

Persona 5

Talk about the Video games till the cows come home!
das_boot

Persona 5

Post by das_boot » 05 Feb 2018, 14:02

How, in this forum full of nerds (and I use the term affectionately, I love you all like people i’m vaguely related to and only see at holidays and funerals), isn’t there a thread for this MONSTER of a game?

For those that haven’t played it, it’s a JRPG that’s equal parts “The Sims” and equal parts disturbing jungian psychology heist dungeon crawler and is the antidote to AAA games with a mega budget that only last about five hours of gameplay for £60. It’s AMAZING.

For those of you who have played it... let me guess: you’ve gotten near to the end and realised you’re going to need to new Game+ that bastard in order to unlock everything? I LOVE IT.
Marvel Fantasy League Team: Laura Kinney, James Howlett, Domino, Luke Cage, Magik, Black Bolt, Sentry, Dazzler, Nick Fury, Dazzler, Hawkeye (not the Hawkguy)

EphemeristX

Re: Persona 5

Post by EphemeristX » 05 Feb 2018, 14:54

I've heard alot about this game and came this close to buying it when it was on sale the last time. Alas.
http://dancehall-daze.tumblr.com

"Take your baby by the ears
And play upon her darkest fears"

das_boot

Post by das_boot » 05 Feb 2018, 15:24

EphemeristX wrote:
05 Feb 2018, 14:54
I've heard alot about this game and came this close to buying it when it was on sale the last time. Alas.
Out of everyone on here, I was actually expecting you to be one of the ones who’d be into this!
Marvel Fantasy League Team: Laura Kinney, James Howlett, Domino, Luke Cage, Magik, Black Bolt, Sentry, Dazzler, Nick Fury, Dazzler, Hawkeye (not the Hawkguy)

tokenBG1009

Post by tokenBG1009 » 05 Feb 2018, 22:29

Played it, beat it, letting it simmer before I jump into NG+ before I start it up again.

Absolutely fantastic game and I loved every character. My only gripe is the last 5%ish can feel like a drag, but it's worth it.
A League of Their Own!

I wish I could write fanfiction...

EphemeristX

Post by EphemeristX » 06 Feb 2018, 00:54

Well, now I'll absolutely have to get this.
http://dancehall-daze.tumblr.com

"Take your baby by the ears
And play upon her darkest fears"

tokenBG1009

Post by tokenBG1009 » 06 Feb 2018, 13:24

It's a visually stunning game with some great characters and fun social aspects. You're definitely going to need to play through it multiple times unless you follow a guide because there's so much to do.

I wonder if this game avoided controversy just because of how niche it is.
A League of Their Own!

das_boot

Post by das_boot » 06 Feb 2018, 16:46

I don’t even think it’s that. From what i’ve read, ther Persona games tend to be very controversial. This actually seems quite tame compared to some of the previous instalments in the franchise (other than one of the monsters in the final dungeon that just straight up looks like a penis).

Fox confuses me. Sometimes I think that the writers are trying to imply that he’s gay, then other times, not so much.

tokenBG1009

Post by tokenBG1009 » 07 Feb 2018, 00:50

I only played some of 3 and never got around to 4, but I was surprised the relationship options didn't cause something of a stir.
A League of Their Own!

das_boot

Post by das_boot » 07 Feb 2018, 10:37

Are you talking about, specifically
Spoiler: show
the adult characters and also the support girl? Because i’ve read online that they were intending for Futaba to be autistic and therefore not a romance option initially, but then thought they’d get more negative press for not allowing her to be a romance option than if they did. It’s still creepy that your teacher comes over to your house in a maid’s outfit and essentially propositions you for sex, however.

tokenBG1009

Post by tokenBG1009 » 07 Feb 2018, 15:29

das_boot wrote:
07 Feb 2018, 10:37
Are you talking about, specifically
the adult characters and also the support girl? Because i’ve read online that they were intending for Futaba to be autistic and therefore not a romance option initially, but then thought they’d get more negative press for not allowing her to be a romance option than if they did. It’s still creepy that your teacher comes over to your house in a maid’s outfit and essentially propositions you for sex, however.
Yeah
I couldn't romance Futaba because she was so much of a little sister character, but the teacher, reporter, doctor, and maybe fortune teller? It gets awkward. I saw a review about it a while ago saying these weren't bad because video games are about escapism.
I really wish I could get a JRPG similar to this with adult characters. Catherine was the closest I've seen.
A League of Their Own!

Magnus

Post by Magnus » 23 Feb 2018, 07:02

I absolutely adored Persona 4 and I finally setup my PS4. Decided to play through South Park Fractured but Whole first but will definitely be taking 5 for a spin soon.