Welcome to unstablemolecules.com!

Marvel Heroes Omega coming to consoles

Talk about the Video games till the cows come home!
EphemeristX

Marvel Heroes Omega coming to consoles

Post by EphemeristX » 06 Apr 2017, 01:32

So, Gazillion dropped their announcement trailer for the upcoming console version of the formerly PC only Diablo-clone MMO Marvel Heroes.

Here it is.

According to Gazillion, this will be free to play on both the PS4 and XB1 (given you have PS+/XBG of course). This game will have a starting roster of 38, which incudes Avengers, Guardians, Spider-Man, Knights, and X-Men (with no mention of Fantastic Four outside of Doom -- even the chapter that revolved around them has been removed). There will be no crossover between this version and the PC version and no ability to transfer.

Looking at the trailer, the 38 starters are:

Avengers
Captain America
Thor
Iron Man
Hulk
Hawkeye
Black Widow
Scarlet Witch
She-Hulk
Ant-Man
Black Panther
Captain Marvel
War Machine

X-Men
Cyclops
Jean Grey
Beast
Iceman
Storm
Woverine
Colossus
Kitty Pryde
Psylocke
Magik
Gambit
Deadpool

Guardians
Star-Lord
Rocket Raccoon
Nova

Knights
Moon Knight
Luke Cage
Iron Fist
Daredevil
Punisher

Misc
Spider-Man
Angela
Dr. Strange
Blade
Ghost Rider
Squirrel Girl

The closed beta will start soon, which you can purchase your way into by buying a Founders Pack (much like the original), however any progress made in the beta will be reset once the game opens. Iron Fist and War Machine will remain Founder exclusive for six months. All participants in the beta will receive the Daredevil for free. Any beta players who are PS+ members will also get the "Man Without Fear" costume. (I don't know how you'd play an MMO without PS+ but sure.)

Here's a link to the announcement Q&A.
http://dancehall-daze.tumblr.com

"Take your baby by the ears
And play upon her darkest fears"

Cable

Re: Marvel Heroes Omega coming to consoles

Post by Cable » 06 Apr 2017, 01:43

I love Marvel.
I hate MMOs.
I am torn.
Rank your favorite characters in the X-Men Character Sorter! Share your results!

"If life were a picnic, you'd be a family. Since life is war, you're soldiers. You'd do well to start accepting that fact."--Nathan Summers

Anna Raven

Post by Anna Raven » 06 Apr 2017, 02:48

I've pumped hundreds of hours and $ into the PC version. I'm not gonna switch now.
Exiles: Nocturne|Ultimate Thor|1602 Matthew Murdoch|Kurt Waggoner|Colossus (BotA)|BB-8|Ultimate Rogue|Black Widow (AoU)|Stand-Off (AoX)

EphemeristX

Post by EphemeristX » 06 Apr 2017, 02:50

Yeah, alot of PC users are upset. A big part of the reason seems to be the difference in content between the versions. The console one is gonna start with 24 fewer heroes than the PC one which would wreak havok on balance. Maybe in the future they could marry the halves if the content got lined up.

Phoenixx9

Post by Phoenixx9 » 07 Apr 2017, 18:15

When they are done testing and this game gets released commercially, will there be a physical disc to buy for both systems or is the content only downloadable?

EphemeristX

Post by EphemeristX » 08 Apr 2017, 16:26

As far as I know, it's free to play. Unless they sell a version combined with some founders packs or in-game currency, I don't think they will have a physical version.

EphemeristX

Post by EphemeristX » 22 Apr 2017, 06:37

The closed beta is up for the PS4. To get access, you have to pay for a founder's pack.

Avengers Pack
Captain America, Thor, Iron Man, Black Widow, Hawkeye, Hulk +all bonus costumes
10 combo boosts, 2000 Gs
(heroes mostly cost 900Gs, except a few that are 1350 like Jean Grey and Iron Man, and some that are only 450, like Angela and Storm)
$60

X-Men Pack
Storm, Jean Grey, Iceman, Beast, Psylocke, Wolverine +all bonus costumes
10 combo boosts, 2000 Gs
$60

Guardians Pack
Star-Lord, Groot +all bonus costumes
5 combo boosts, 1000 Gs
$40

Spider-Man Pack
Spider-Man + Civil War costume
1 XP boost, 500 Gs
$20

Deadpool Pack
Deadpool + Zenpool costume
1 XP boost, 500 Gs
$20

War Machine Pack (PS+ exclusive)
$17

Despite what it says, you DO NOT have to have PS+ to play Marvel Heroes Omega online. If you do, though, you get access to buying War Machine and a free Daredevil (when Open Beta starts later).

At the end of the closed beta, all progress will be wiped and any spent Gs will be refunded, but you'll keep the characters you bought in the founders packs. From the start of open beta onwards, all progress will be kept.

If you want Iron Fist or Symbiote Spider-Man, you have to buy ALL of the Founder's Packs. Like $200. No thanks.

Anna Raven

Post by Anna Raven » 28 Jun 2017, 20:58

The PC version is deleting the FF and Silver Surfer from the online store as well as all their costumes.
Exiles: Nocturne|Ultimate Thor|1602 Matthew Murdoch|Kurt Waggoner|Colossus (BotA)|BB-8|Ultimate Rogue|Black Widow (AoU)|Stand-Off (AoX)

EphemeristX

Post by EphemeristX » 28 Jun 2017, 21:17

Yeah, I saw that. They're also getting rid of Spidey and Doom's Future Foundation costumes, the HERBIE pet is being replaced with the Groot one, and they're even going as far as renaming things like Power Cosmic. Brutal.

tokenBG1009

Post by tokenBG1009 » 29 Jun 2017, 06:00

Wow, that's insane. I guess just to erase all traces of the FF?
eXiles Draft: Frenzy (Age of X), Basilisk (Age of X), Howlett (XXM), Hercules (XXM), Longshot (Mojoverse), Mojo (Free Agent), Scottius Summerisle (1602), John Grey (1602), Ultimate Wasp and Giant-Man

EphemeristX

Post by EphemeristX » 29 Jun 2017, 06:08

Yeah. If you have them, you get to keep them, but they'll no longer be available for purchase.

Cable

Post by Cable » 15 Nov 2017, 19:37

It was announced today that Marvel Heroes on all platforms is ending
Rank your favorite characters in the X-Men Character Sorter! Share your results!

"If life were a picnic, you'd be a family. Since life is war, you're soldiers. You'd do well to start accepting that fact."--Nathan Summers

Anna Raven

Post by Anna Raven » 15 Nov 2017, 19:39

Cable wrote:
15 Nov 2017, 19:37
It was announced today that Marvel Heroes on all platforms is ending
Yup, came to post the same thing. Sad times.

EphemeristX

Post by EphemeristX » 15 Nov 2017, 22:20

I was pretty much over this game anyway. New characters are fun, but I can only run the same couple of hours of content so many times that it becomes a chore. I'd basically been just logging in for my dailies for the past month or so while playing other games (like Friday the 13th). It is sad, though. This is the only console game that's out right now that has playable X-Men.

NEW INFO: The game will be open until the end of the year. Everything in the store has been reduced to 1G/1ES, including all heroes, costumes, loot crates, and upgrades. Go nuts! If you want to build up some Splinters, buy the x5 loot boxes. You'll get lots of random stuff and you'll almost certainly come out ahead.