Welcome to unstablemolecules.com, the discussion home for mightyavengers.net, uncanon.com and uncannyxmen.net!

Character status post-Endgame

Did you see the Dr. Strange Movie from the 70's? Me neither, but I'm sure someone did. Come here to talk about Movies and TV
Nu-D

Character status post-Endgame

Post by Nu-D » 29 Apr 2020, 22:49

I’m rewatching Infinity War and Endgame, and I was thinking a comprehensive list of the status of star and supporting characters would be useful. So here’s a start. Chime in with additions and corrections. I’m relying only on what’s been confirmed on screen; not previews.

Iron Man
Tony Stark - deceased
Pepper Potts - alive
Happy Hogan - alive
Morgan Stark -alive
War Machine - alive
Harley Keener - alive

Captain America
Cap - old, but alive
Peggy Carter - deceased
Sharon Carter - presumably alive
Falcon - resurrected
Bucky - resurrected

Thor
Thor - alive, with Guardians
Loki - (?) Probably a version front the past is arriving in the present.
Odin - deceased
Friega - deceased
Jane Foster - presumably alive
Dr. Selwig - presumably alive
Darcy - presumably alive
Sif - presumably alive
Valkyrie - alive
Warriors Three - presumably deceased
Heimdal - presumably deceased

Avengers
Black Widow - deceased
Hawkeye - alive
Clint’s family - resurrected
Fury - resurrected
Maria Hill - resurrected
Scarlet Witch - resurrected
Quicksilver - deceased
Vision - deceased
Hulk - alive

Guardians of the Galaxy
Quill - resurrected
Gamora - version from earlier in the timeline is alive
Nebula - alive
Drax - resurrected
Mantis - resurrected
Rocket - alive
Groot - resurrected as a teenager

Black Panther
T’Challa - resurrected
Okoye - alive
Shuri - resurrected
Ramonda -alive
Nakia - presumably alive
M’Baku - resurrected

Ant Man
Scott Lang - alive
Hope - resurrected
Hank Pym - resurrected
Janet - resurrected
Three Amigos - presumably alive
Cassie - alive

Spiderman
Peter Parker - resurrected
Aunt May - resurrected
MJ - resurrected
Ned - resurrected
Flash - resurrected
Liz - resurrected

Others
Captain Marvel - alive
Maria Rambeau - presumably alive
Monica Rambeau - presumably alive
Dr. Strange - alive
Wong - alive
The Ancient One - deceased in this timeline
Christine Palmer - presumably alive
Last edited by Nu-D on 30 Apr 2020, 16:53, edited 7 times in total.
He/him/his

P-90

Re: Character status post-Endgame

Post by P-90 » 29 Apr 2020, 23:22

Did you mean Darcy? if so she's alive, she's set to appear in WandaVision

There's an MCU Wiki that could be helpful

Also, has it been confirmed by anyone whether Steve getting together with Peggy was a separate timeline? if it wasn't his thing with Sharon was really weird given that she would have grown up with him as her uncle.
'A shared universe, like any fictional construct, hinges on suspension of disbelief. When continuity is tossed away, it tatters the construct. Undermines it'

Nu-D

Post by Nu-D » 29 Apr 2020, 23:53

Yep, Darcy. The actress’ name is Kat. Thanks, fixed it.

I’m not treating previews as confirmed since we don’t know if the plot begins with the character alive or not, or if it’s the same version of the character as we’ve seen before, or a flashback or a dream or something.
He/him/his

EphemeristX

Post by EphemeristX » 30 Apr 2020, 00:27

Tony and Pepper's kid is Morgan. Morgan Stark. And don't forget Harley Keener (potato gun boy). Since he came to the funeral, I figure he's worth including. Thor's mom's name is Frigga. M'Baku is the name of the border tribe leader. His love interest is Nakia. His mom (shown alive) is Ramonda. Doctor Strange's love interest is Christine Palmer. And Karl Mordo is out there too. And Helmut Zemo.

I'd say anyone who hasn't been shown dead is presumably alive.

Steve lived with Peggy in an alternate timeline. Our Sharon would never have known him as an uncle.
http://dancehall-daze.tumblr.com

"Take your baby by the ears
And play upon her darkest fears"

Nu-D

Post by Nu-D » 30 Apr 2020, 11:06

EphemeristX wrote:
30 Apr 2020, 00:27

Steve lived with Peggy in an alternate timeline. Our Sharon would never have known him as an uncle.
That’s like, just your opinion, man. There’s no evidence in the film that Steve and Peggy lived in an alternate timeline, and if he had there’s no explanation for how he returned to the main MCU as an old man. The whole point is that he returned the stones to the main MCU timeline to prevent new timelines. He can travel IN time, but nothing shows he can travel BETWEEN times.
He/him/his

tokenBG1009

Post by tokenBG1009 » 30 Apr 2020, 11:17

Nu-D wrote:
30 Apr 2020, 11:06
EphemeristX wrote:

That’s like, just your opinion, man. There’s no evidence in the film that Steve and Peggy lived in an alternate timeline, and if he had there’s no explanation for how he returned to the main MCU as an old man. The whole point is that he returned the stones to the main MCU timeline to prevent new timelines. He can travel IN time, but nothing shows he can travel BETWEEN times.
It's, unfortunately, one of those things that was confirmed by the Russo Bros afterwards. Obviously, you can disregard this as it isn't stated IN the movie, but it was intended to be so. He essentially went around to return the stones and then returned to a period where he could grow old with Peggy AND THEN he returned to the present/current timeline to give Sam the shield.
"Sometimes I do feel like I'm a failure. Like there's no hope for me. But even so, I'm not gonna give up. Ever!" -Izuku Midoriya

Spectral Knight

Post by Spectral Knight » 30 Apr 2020, 12:08

Loki - (?)

Could this be deceased, alternate timeline version presumed alive (after his escape after the Battle of NY)?

Fury - resurrected
Maria Hill - resurrected

Do we know that it was Fury + Hill that died? I ask because it's not clear as to when Talos + Soren took over from Fury + Hill. Sure, they were impersonating them at the start of Far From Home, but we don't know anything about what happened with them between the end of CM the start of Far From Home, also bringing into question lots of questions about those two anyway, given all appearances in the modern MCU were post end of CM.

Nu-D

Post by Nu-D » 30 Apr 2020, 12:20

Oh man, not only did I forget Far From Home, but I forget Spider-Man entirely. He’s not even on the list! I’ll fix that later.

I hear you on Fury/Hill. I think for now we can assume the Fury that called CM at the end of Infinity War was the real deal. Otherwise we risk retconning ALL Fury appearances post-CM. Likewise, given the weightiness of Stark’s funeral, I’m going to presume that was the real deal until it’s revealed otherwise.
He/him/his

tokenBG1009

Post by tokenBG1009 » 30 Apr 2020, 12:22

With the whole Skrull thing it's basically impossible to know. I think it's best to just assume it's Fury/Hill unless we're told it was a Skrull.
"Sometimes I do feel like I'm a failure. Like there's no hope for me. But even so, I'm not gonna give up. Ever!" -Izuku Midoriya

Nu-D

Post by Nu-D » 30 Apr 2020, 12:34

tokenBG1009 wrote:
30 Apr 2020, 12:22
With the whole Skrull thing it's basically impossible to know. I think it's best to just assume it's Fury/Hill unless we're told it was a Skrull.
Right. The whole point of Secret Invasion is to make you uncertain, but for the purposes of categorizing these characters, I’m waiting for on screen confirmation before assuming they’ve been retconned into Skrulls.

I could imagine they’d retcon all or most of Hill’s appearances. But I’d be shocked if Fury was a Skrull in any of the prior appearances.
Last edited by Nu-D on 30 Apr 2020, 12:36, edited 1 time in total.
He/him/his

Spectral Knight

Post by Spectral Knight » 30 Apr 2020, 12:36

Well, it's worth looking at the evidence. In CM, human Nick says he would never be able eat a sandwich cut diagonally. In Age of Ultron, he does just that, at Clint's farmhouse:

https://www.cinemablend.com/news/247219 ... g-a-skrull

(This rumour was discussed BEFORE Far From Home's ending revelations.)

Nu-D

Post by Nu-D » 30 Apr 2020, 13:08

Spectral Knight wrote:
30 Apr 2020, 12:36
Well, it's worth looking at the evidence. In CM, human Nick says he would never be able eat a sandwich cut diagonally. In Age of Ultron, he does just that, at Clint's farmhouse:

https://www.cinemablend.com/news/247219 ... g-a-skrull

(This rumour was discussed BEFORE Far From Home's ending revelations.)
Hilarious! I really want to know if that was intentional, whose idea it was, and how it came about. Presumably, the sandwich in AoU was not an Easter egg planted for later, but rather the reverse. In CM they looked for a minor detail from a prior movie that they could contradict as a tiny hint that all is not as it seems. I love it.

I’m still not counting it as a confirmed Skrull appearance, though.
He/him/his

EphemeristX

Post by EphemeristX » 30 Apr 2020, 13:19

Nu-D wrote:
EphemeristX wrote:

The evidence is in the movie itself. It was explicitly stated multiple times that traveling into the past causes branching timelines. Going into the past can not change our future. It's why the Avengers didn't just go back and stop him. Cap going back into 'our' past would create a divergent timeline at the point he arrived. The world he lived in can not be ours, but another one similar to it.

Crutey Anth

Post by Crutey Anth » 30 Apr 2020, 13:26

EphemeristX wrote:
30 Apr 2020, 13:19
Nu-D wrote:
EphemeristX wrote:

The evidence is in the movie itself. It was explicitly stated multiple times that traveling into the past causes branching timelines. Going into the past can not change our future. It's why the Avengers didn't just go back and stop him. Cap going back into 'our' past would create a divergent timeline at the point he arrived. The world he lived in can not be ours, but another one similar to it.
See I didn't see it that way...they said no parallel universes.
I took it as predestination "changing the past doesn't change the future"...Cap has always been living/married to Peggy just off the grid unknown to most. She never told Cap when he visited her because that's not what happened.

He was still frozen in ice all those years and dethawed..but future cap was living his full life alongside

tokenBG1009

Post by tokenBG1009 » 30 Apr 2020, 13:35

It's a popular theory that his return to the past was predestined.

It's not exactly well liked due to the ickiness of making out with his niece. Granted, Steve at the time never knew her as such, but she would remember Uncle Steve.

Spectral Knight

Post by Spectral Knight » 30 Apr 2020, 13:43

I've read many an explanation on time-travel in Endgame, and I've come to the conclusion that it simply doesn't make sense. There's contradiction after contradiction involved.

EphemeristX

Post by EphemeristX » 30 Apr 2020, 13:50

It's been outright stated by the Russos that Cap married Peggy in an alt timeline. Sorry.

They never said 'no parallel universes'. Quite the opposite actually. Just rewatch the conversation between Banner and the Ancient One. Their arrival in 2012 split the timeline there and taking the stone removed it from that timeline completely. That's why she didn't want to let it go. If it didn't, then all of the problems they caused when they arrive would have played out in our timeline too, like the escape of Loki into the timestream with one of the stones.

Anna Raven

Post by Anna Raven » 30 Apr 2020, 14:22

The problem is that while the Russo's said Cap married Peggy in an alternate timeline, the movies writers said he didn't. Hence all the confusion. But I'm with Ephemerist, the only explanation that makes any sense is that he went to an alternate timeline, otherwise it really turns Steve into a homewrecker who wipes two kids out of existence for his own gain.

The only contradiction the alt-timeline theory causes is "why didn't Cap reappear on the platform in his time travel suit" and the answer there is very easy. He did, but he came back sometime before he left, 10 minutes, an hour, or whatever, took off his suit, and snuck over to the bench while the guys weren't looking. He could have come back right when he left, but after 60 years, he probably forgot the exact time to come back.
X-Men Generations: Rogue | X-23 | Colossus | Juggernaut | Bruiser | Blink | Scout
X-Men - Krakoa: Avalanche | Black Tom | Lila Cheney | Shadowcat | Outlaw | Blob | Puck II | Gin Genie | Dr. Nemesis | Banshee | Wolverine | Beast

Nu-D

Post by Nu-D » 30 Apr 2020, 14:26

Maybe Steve ended up being Peggy’s second husband, after the kids were grown up and moved out. Nothing says he went back to be with her in the 1940’s. In fact, age-wise that makes the most sense. He had to return one of the stones to 1970. He saw Peggy there. Assuming she was born in 1920, she would be 50. Cap was about 25 at the end of CA1. He spent 2008 to 2020 in the modern era, making him about 37 at the end of IW. He goes back to 1970 and lives with Peggy until 2020, that makes him 87 years old.
He/him/his

EphemeristX

Post by EphemeristX » 30 Apr 2020, 14:59

So, Cap went back to the 40s, danced with her, and was like 'hey, marry somebody else and after you have your kids, let's get together'? That doesn't make any sense.

LimboMaster

Post by LimboMaster » 30 Apr 2020, 15:16

Nu-D wrote:
30 Apr 2020, 14:26
Maybe Steve ended up being Peggy’s second husband, after the kids were grown up and moved out. Nothing says he went back to be with her in the 1940’s. In fact, age-wise that makes the most sense. He had to return one of the stones to 1970. He saw Peggy there. Assuming she was born in 1920, she would be 50. Cap was about 25 at the end of CA1. He spent 2008 to 2020 in the modern era, making him about 37 at the end of IW. He goes back to 1970 and lives with Peggy until 2020, that makes him 87 years old.
Do we know Peggy's kids aren't Steve's kids? I haven't followed Peggy beyond the MCU movies, but it's been my impression was that her husband was just this nameless/faceless guy. Could the nameless/faceless guy have been Steve (who was just always off-screen) and the kids were actually his all along (meaning she only had one husband in the main timeline)? If he was names, could Steve have changed his name (to whatever her husband's name was), knowing that was the only way not to create a divergent timeline or was her 'other' husband ever actually shown/named?

Nu-D

Post by Nu-D » 30 Apr 2020, 16:39

EphemeristX wrote:
30 Apr 2020, 14:59
So, Cap went back to the 40s, danced with her, and was like 'hey, marry somebody else and after you have your kids, let's get together'? That doesn't make any sense.
Is the dancing scene definitively set in the 1940’s?

Edit: just watched it, and there are a couple of forties model cars in the scene, which strongly suggests it’s the forties. Nothing else firmly establishes it, though.
He/him/his

RingOtaku

Post by RingOtaku » 30 Apr 2020, 16:48

LimboMaster wrote:
30 Apr 2020, 15:16
Nu-D wrote:
30 Apr 2020, 14:26
Do we know Peggy's kids aren't Steve's kids? I haven't followed Peggy beyond the MCU movies, but it's been my impression was that her husband was just this nameless/faceless guy. Could the nameless/faceless guy have been Steve (who was just always off-screen) and the kids were actually his all along (meaning she only had one husband in the main timeline)? If he was names, could Steve have changed his name (to whatever her husband's name was), knowing that was the only way not to create a divergent timeline or was her 'other' husband ever actually shown/named?
That is the way I always viewed it. That the lack of showing her with the husband in a picture or anything was a hint it was always Steve laying low.
D20 Roulette: Vlogs. Game Streams. Geekness. https://www.youtube.com/user/gotyoursomething/videos

Nu-D

Post by Nu-D » 30 Apr 2020, 16:50

Back on topic,

I just added the Spiderman characters. I’m assuming, because I can’t really recall, that all of his peers died and were resurrected, otherwise they’d all be five years older than him, right?
He/him/his

EphemeristX

Post by EphemeristX » 30 Apr 2020, 17:04

Then Cap decides to let Hydra happen? He doesn't track down Bucky? It asks a lot of a character who defies fate at every angle to just let all these horrible things happen for the sake of preserving the timeline. Especially if his emergence into the past is somehow destined and doesn't disrupt everything.

Yeah, Spidey's entire main cast was dusted and resurrected.