Welcome to unstablemolecules.com, the discussion home for mightyavengers.net, uncanon.com and uncannyxmen.net!

Agents of Shield season six

Did you see the Dr. Strange Movie from the 70's? Me neither, but I'm sure someone did. Come here to talk about Movies and TV
EvilMonkeyPope

Post by EvilMonkeyPope » 12 May 2019, 15:39

It's finally back! Thanks to a corporate synergy SNAFU, the season premiere did something really confusing...
https://mattthecatania.wordpress.com/20 ... s-the-mcu/

sambadaemon

Re: Agents of Shield season six

Post by sambadaemon » 21 May 2019, 13:55

Is anyone else still watching? Thoughts on who these guys are?

Anna Raven

Post by Anna Raven » 21 May 2019, 14:14

sambadaemon wrote:
21 May 2019, 13:55
Is anyone else still watching? Thoughts on who these guys are?
No clue yet. Multiversal travelers maybe?
Marvel vs DC Draft: Wonder Woman|Thor|Ares - DC|Shazam!|Hercules|Loki|Dream of the Endless|Valkyrie|Ares - Marvel
Thunderbolts Draft: Punisher|Black Cat|Moon Knight(as Kraven the Hunter)|Diamondback|Taskmaster|Domino|Nuke|Trickshot |Jolt|Troll

sambadaemon

Post by sambadaemon » 21 May 2019, 16:27

I was thinking it was some kind of possession of dead bodies with limited access to memories. Coulson recognized his name, but only vaguely, and Snowflake loves talking about reincarnation.

EvilMonkeyPope

Post by EvilMonkeyPope » 21 May 2019, 23:31

Maybe they're Space Phantoms?

EvilMonkeyPope

Post by EvilMonkeyPope » 29 Jun 2019, 18:50

I’m glad Agents of SHIELD aced the same plot prompt as The 100 last week for “Inescapable.” Seeing SHIELD Academy again reminds me how awkward secret HYDRA High was. Repression monster Simmons should be called Jemmacide.

me: Evil Fitzsimmons should hook up. Writer DJ Doyle: We got you covered, weirdo!

Yesterday Anthony Michael Hall guest starred as discount Grandmaster!

EvilMonkeyPope

Post by EvilMonkeyPope » 03 Aug 2019, 22:06

This dispels my theory that even numbered seasons would all be good ones.
https://mattthecatania.wordpress.com/20 ... x-sendoff/

Magnus

Post by Magnus » 08 Aug 2019, 00:25

It seemed like the creators were really in the groove with Season 4 being broken up into definite plot arcs, and Season 5, while it took a bit to get going, ended strong (and I think would've served great as a series finale). So I had some high hopes for this one, especially since it seemed to have a good setup - one half of the group in space finding Fitz (and Enoch), the other half on Earth dealing with Izel, and coming up with a good reason to keep Clark Gregg on the show without cheapening Coulson's (second) death.

Turned out to not be bad, but not great either. The writing was uneven (episode 3 with Daisy/Simmons' trip was pretty bad) and the ending felt a bit... abrupt? The sudden re-entry of the Chronicoms into the plot in the final few episodes came and went too quickly, and the actual resolution of the Izel threat was definitely too easy (they win because... Izel turns her back on May and gets stabbed? Did I miss a reason why she did that?) At least they ended up offing Coulson; I was really worried in the last few episodes they would use it as a way to bring him back (possibly with a season-long plotline of him regaining his memories). Having an LMD Coulson for next season is a much better move, I think, since I really want to avoid them undoing his death.

We'll see how next season goes, I can't say the setting (late 1920s) is especially exciting to me. Helps cut down on the set costs, I suppose. Simmons was talking really weird at the end - I started wondering if she and Fitz got turned into Chronicoms or something. (Did we see Deke at all after he landed the quinjet?)

Kamrods

Post by Kamrods » 12 Aug 2019, 16:38

No idea how to feel about it. Last season was alright, but I felt like it went downhill quickly toward the middle. Ill remain optimistic, though.