Welcome to unstablemolecules.com, the discussion home for mightyavengers.net, uncanon.com and uncannyxmen.net!

Spider Man Far From Home trailer

Did you see the Dr. Strange Movie from the 70's? Me neither, but I'm sure someone did. Come here to talk about Movies and TV
Northstar404

Spider Man Far From Home trailer

Post by Northstar404 » 06 May 2019, 18:44

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nt9L1jCKGnE

Also, Captain Marvel gets named dropped, I think this the Frist time in the MCU that Carol has been called Captain Marvel by someone.

sambadaemon

Re: Spider Man Far From Home trailer

Post by sambadaemon » 06 May 2019, 20:57

If Mysterio can get pulled over from an alternate reality, we need Miles!

EphemeristX

Post by EphemeristX » 06 May 2019, 21:48

And Gwen!

Even if Beck is bullshitting about being from an alternate reality, there's no way Feige is putting that out there without it coming to fruition.
http://dancehall-daze.tumblr.com

"Take your baby by the ears
And play upon her darkest fears"

P-90

Post by P-90 » 06 May 2019, 23:37

sambadaemon wrote:
06 May 2019, 20:57
If Mysterio can get pulled over from an alternate reality, we need Miles!
Honestly I think the original needs to be far more established before we get copycat characters, remember Pete's probably only been active for a couple of years at most in this continuity. Also if Miles is introduced I'd prefer it to be as part of a mentor/mentee relationship with an experienced Peter.

Gibbering Fool

Post by Gibbering Fool » 07 May 2019, 02:40

I'm about 90% confident that Mysterio's whole multiverse story is a con, but I'm really hopeful that there really is an MCU multiverse that we see in the films.

EvilMonkeyPope

Post by EvilMonkeyPope » 07 May 2019, 06:16

other SM: FFH thread
Mysterio's pants are on fire!

Nu-D

Post by Nu-D » 07 May 2019, 11:26

Gibbering Fool wrote:
07 May 2019, 02:40
I'm about 90% confident that Mysterio's whole multiverse story is a con, but I'm really hopeful that there really is an MCU multiverse that we see in the films.
I don’t know if the whole multiverse story is a con, but I’m 100% sure that this is a story of “all is not what it seems.” That’s Mysterio’s whole shtick. And it’s not just villain pretending to be hero. It’s more than that.

I like Grace’s theory over at Beyond the Trailer that,
Spoiler: show
Mysterio is adult Peter Parker from an alt-U. He has some lines that sound like they could be Peter. He’s wearing a costume that looks half Iron Man and half Doctor Strange. If he’s the “adult Peter that’s gone bad,” then it gives him a chance to be the misguided hero, rather than an outright villain, and lets MCU Peter have a foil to grow against. Gyllenhall has a history as being almost Spiderman. He also kind of looks like adult blonde Peter from Into the Spiderverse.
As to the introduction of Miles,Gwen, etc., what I’d like to see is a sequel to Into the Spiderverse where it’s established as part of the MCU multiverse. Maybe Miles & co. are viewing alt-universes on a screen and a live-action shot of Tom Holland or other MCU scenes are one of the realities they see. Something that simple. I wouldn’t introduce live-action versions of these characters into the MCU at this stage.

If the MCU is going to be ongoing for another 10, 20, 30 years (and that’s a big “if.” I’m not sure the first ten years can be done again, and sustain the level of interest), there will comes time when Tom Holland’s Peter Parker is ready to be retired as a character or an actor. Introducing Miles and Gwen at that time makes more sense.

das_boot

Post by das_boot » 07 May 2019, 12:45

See, I heard “alternate dimension” and automatically assumed this was the foot in the door for the FF coming to the MCU. As much as I’m a fan of neither the FF or Spider-Man in the comics, I think Spidey being the gateway to the FF entering the MCU is a smart move due to his parallels with both Jonny and Reed.
Marvel Fantasy League Team: Laura Kinney, James Howlett, Domino, Luke Cage, Magik, Black Bolt, Sentry, Dazzler, Nick Fury, Dazzler, Hawkeye (not the Hawkguy)

Anna Raven

Post by Anna Raven » 07 May 2019, 14:38

das_boot wrote:
07 May 2019, 12:45
See, I heard “alternate dimension” and automatically assumed this was the foot in the door for the FF coming to the MCU. As much as I’m a fan of neither the FF or Spider-Man in the comics, I think Spidey being the gateway to the FF entering the MCU is a smart move due to his parallels with both Jonny and Reed.
Think about how Ultimate FF was originally the gateway for a number of other Marvel universes such as Marvel Zombies and this makes a lot of sense.
Thunderbolts Draft: Punisher | Black Cat | Moon Knight (as Kraven the Hunter) | Diamondback | Taskmaster | Domino | Nuke | Trickshot | Jolt | Troll
Avengers International Draft: France | Monica Rambeau | Tamara Devoux | Jacques Duquesne | Batroc |

manuel_mc89

Post by manuel_mc89 » 07 May 2019, 16:05

Mysterio being from an alternate universe is the plot from Spider-Men right? He bridged together the 616 and the Ultimate Universe.
Legion: I will circle around you until the stars die an the world has forgotten what makes us different, and I will shatter any future that dares to divide us.

XtremeOne1

Post by XtremeOne1 » 07 May 2019, 16:52

Oh end credit scene will definitely be Fantastic Four related. Maybe the Fantastic car outside Peter's house with a close up on the four. Or a flame 4 symbol? Or some guy in flames emerges from a portal?

Multiverse+spidey+marvel owning the rights+last phase. It's happening.

I'm gonna guess we'll see an older, established fantastic four...maybe one with a kid or two. MCU's first mutant?

EphemeristX

Post by EphemeristX » 07 May 2019, 20:43

I hope we do see an established FF. We have enough origin movies in the MCU already. Doc Strange and Cap Marvel both felt formulaic and it'll only get worse.
http://dancehall-daze.tumblr.com

"Take your baby by the ears
And play upon her darkest fears"

tokenBG1009

Post by tokenBG1009 » 08 May 2019, 03:12

I guess in the Ultimate Universe it's mentioned that the Fantastic Four's powers are all based off of elements. It would be interesting if they capture the elementals in this film only to experiment with them and end up turning them back into the Fantastic Four or something of that sort. The inter-dimensional travel could have screwed with their already altered DNA and turned them into the monsters.
"Sometimes I do feel like I'm a failure. Like there's no hope for me. But even so, I'm not gonna give up. Ever!" -Izuku Midoriya

Nu-D

Post by Nu-D » 08 May 2019, 11:46

tokenBG1009 wrote:
08 May 2019, 03:12
I guess in the Ultimate Universe it's mentioned that the Fantastic Four's powers are all based off of elements. It would be interesting if they capture the elementals in this film only to experiment with them and end up turning them back into the Fantastic Four or something of that sort. The inter-dimensional travel could have screwed with their already altered DNA and turned them into the monsters.
I like it.

Or they could be subjects of Mysterio’s illusions. There are no elementals.

Not sure Marvel would let Sony be in charge of such an important property though, especially right after they get it back.

Jesse James II

Post by Jesse James II » 20 Jun 2019, 13:48

What if Mysterio turns our to be an alternate Dr. DOOM? Wizardry and technology all mixed in one
Imagine the original FF getting their powers earlier on in the MCU (maybe 60ies).... but during an unfortunate event they get lost in the quantum realm... (hey time travel, space travel and interdimensional travel is their thing). In the meantime in the alternate reality Victor Von Doom hungers for power and creates a costume that rivals that of Iron Man. This Iron Man can be this Victor's Reed Richards, just as our Tony is the MCUs Hank Pym's Ultron.... during his quest for powers he becomes an Avenger, and learns his magic from the best (dr strange). In his rivalry with both Tony and Stephen, one of experiments backfires and he brings back to his reality the FF. Rendered completely mad and with their powers out of control they nearly destroy his world. Now he comes back to our world in the guise of Mysterio and tries to fill our Tony place after the events of Endgame...
That would be a major set-up for a FF movie, right?
Well we shall see...