Welcome to unstablemolecules.com, the discussion home for mightyavengers.net, uncanon.com and uncannyxmen.net!

Plan the next MCU saga

Did you see the Dr. Strange Movie from the 70's? Me neither, but I'm sure someone did. Come here to talk about Movies and TV
Spectral Knight

Plan the next MCU saga

Post by Spectral Knight » 28 Apr 2019, 10:17

So with the release of A4 and the completion of what has been termed the Infinity Saga, there's all sorts of speculation and fan theories on what comes next. Let's get our creative juices flowing with our ideas for developing the next MCU Saga.

Imagine that following the release of Spiderman - Far From Home, Kevin Feige takes a well-earned rest, and you've been given his job for the next decade. Your job is to plan out the next 3 Phases of the MCU.

Rules
The next Saga will have three Phases.
Each Phase will consist of between 6 and 8 movies.
No more than 3 movies a year.
In each year, you cannot start 3 franchises, or have 3 sequels (so 2 newcomers + a sequel is fine, and vice-versa).

Spiderman - Far from Home will be the first movie of the next Saga, and must be included. In addition, Black Widow, Shang-Chi, Eternals and GOTGv3 must be amongst the films in the next Saga given they are in development, but where they fit is up to you.

You can reference any of the announced Disney+ series in your plan, as well as any other ongoing MCU shows (SHIELD, Runaways, Cloak and Dagger etc.), but you don't have to. Include or ignore is up to you, but you cannot rewrite their canon from scratch (though creatively developed retcons will be accepted).

For each movie, list the protagonist(s) - if not obvious, and antagonists, and a very brief (1 sentence will be fine) overview. Feel free to include casting suggestions or cameo ideas. If there's specific comic stories you're playing off, do include these, As with the Infinity Saga, not every movie has to include explicit development towards the saga's conclusion, but the Walt Disney Studios executives do expect a continuing story to build towards the end of Phase 6, and the crescendo of the MCU 2nd Saga.

Blackcyclops

Re: Plan the next MCU saga

Post by Blackcyclops » 28 Apr 2019, 12:38

This is cool...I like more rules and restrictions, make you have to be more creative

I’m not have the time right now to explain fully but just as a tease: Secret Empire and the Annihilation...
Morrison Era 2001-2005, Decimation Era from 2005-2012, Bendis Era 2012-2016, M-Pox era 2016-2017, and Resurrxion 2017-2019, Hickman Era 2019-?

Cable

Post by Cable » 28 Apr 2019, 13:43

According to Kevin Feige, Spider-Man Far From Home is the final movie in Phase 3 and not the beginning of Phase 4.
Best X-Comic last week: Powers of X #4
Best non X-Comic last week: Silver Surfer Black #4

Spectral Knight

Post by Spectral Knight » 28 Apr 2019, 13:47

Shh, Cable. For the purpose of this exercise it's part of Phase 4....!

Nu-D

Post by Nu-D » 28 Apr 2019, 14:18

This is a big homework assignment. I’m going to have to break it up a bit.

Phase 4 crossover: Secret Invasion.
Phase 5 crossover: Secret Wars. Reality is broken, leading to...
Phase 6 crossover: Judgment Day. The Celestials are coming to Judge the Earth.

Phase 4:
2020:
Spiderman 2: More of the same. A standalone movie. The mid-credits scene reveals a Skrull. The end-credits scene reveals a space MacGuffin that turns out to be Captain Universe related.
Asguardians of the Galaxy: Focused on finding and resurrecting Gamora. Maybe the Captain Universe MacGuffin is involved. Not related to Secret Invasion at all.
Eternals: Not related to Secret Invasion. Just introducing the characters and concepts. Introduces the Celestials.
WandaVision obviously involves resurrecting the Vision. The focal point is whether Vision is “alive.” Magic can generate unliving things, so Wanda will train and learn to create White Vision. But to bring him back to life without the mind stone will be the real challenge.
Falcon & Winter Soldier: basic street-level TV superheorics. Pretty standalone. Maybe some Skrulls here and there.

2021:
Captain Marvel 2: A-Force saves Asguard! Starring Brie Larsen, Tessa Thompson, Evangeline Lilly, Mark Ruffalo and Jessica Alba (kidding! Some other woman can play Sue Storm). Fiege’s smart enough to know we don’t need or want an FF origin movie. Instead, there’s a caper during act one, and coincidently, an invisible woman is searching for the same thing. She teams up with A-Force. Apart from Ruffalo, the men make a cameos only (probably Rudd and Hiddleston). If we need another male character, it’ll be a sidekick. Unpowered Monica Rambeau is support staff for the team.
Black Panther 2: The first phase of Secret Invasion. Skrulls are in Wakanda. Also a back-door FF introduction. We’ve met Sue in A-Force. She introduces Shuri to Reed (but Reed doesn’t outshine Shuri—they’re equals). In fact, this FF is very young. Maybe Reed and Sue are still grad students. Sue has introduced unpowered Monica to the FF, and goes with them to Wakanda, and gets powered up by Shuri and Reed in this movie. At the end, it’s revealed Skrulls are everywhere. Closing scenes involve Shuri and the FF calling on A-Force to lead in to the Secret Invasion movie.
Black Widow is a story set in the past. In a post-credits scene, it’s revealed that the Skrulls have been invading for a long time.
Hawkeye introduces not-Kate Bishop as a developed character. Cassie Lang is also developed.
Loki is a standalone story. Kid Loki is introduced.

2022:
Shang-Chi: Also a lead-in to Secret Invasion. Obviously it’s an origin movie, but the Skrulls make an appearance at the end. A downbeat before the big event. Perhaps guest stars either Falcon & Winter Soldier.
Secret Invasion: A-Force, Wakanda, Shang-Chi and the FF team up to fight the Skrulls.
Spiderman 3: either a prelude, tie-in or follow-up to Secret Invasion.
WandaVision s.2: Standalone, but at the end we learn Wanda is pregnant. Occurs after Secret Invasion.

Phase 5
2023:
Young Avengers with not-Kate Bishop, Cassie Lang, and...Shuri as the new Iron Man stand-in! (sorry Riri). A time-travel story that introduces teenage Speed & Wiccan. If we need a character with some name recognition, I’m willing to let Spiderman in, but would prefer not to. Time travel is a problem, though, and the kids’ recklessness introduces some problems into reality. Perhaps Kid Loki is the antagonist. Or Kang.
Thor 4 or Eternals 2: This depends on whether Eternals is successful, or whether Thor has been played out. If Hemsworth is done, then it may be Eric Masterson. Or it could be a Hercules story. This is still building to Judgement Day (not Secret Wars).
Doctor Strange 2: Mordo is the villain. Maybe he has some role in bringing on the “broken” reality. The repercussions of the Young Avengers time travel shenanigans catch Mordo’s attention, and he wants the Eye of Agamotto. Some other demonic Strange villain is needed, but I don’t know the mythology well enough. Or maybe...Ghost Rider? But if we’re leaning in to the demonic/occult side, then I think it’s worth leaning away from the mystical side. Maybe leave Ghost Rider for a later time.

2024:
Ant Man and the Wasp 3: Now that Hope’s family is whole, she can lighten up! How about a kid-parent bonding movie. Ant-Man, Wasp and Stature go on a road trip to Disneyland!
Fantastic Four: Secret Wars: Kang is manipulating reality by messing with time! They stop him, but some of the changes are not reversed. Time/reality is broken, and there will be consequences! Easter eggs tease the existence of mutants, but NOT any known characters from the X-Men. Leave them out until Phase 7, at least.
Captain Marvel 3: A downbeat from CM2 and Secret War. Carol and Monica are the focus. Thin the cast, bring Carol down to Earth. In fact, maybe Carol is substantially depowered from the events of Secret War. Carol needs to attend a Sox game at Fenway.
Disney+ stories are all focused on Alt-U storytelling, spinning out of Secret War.

Phase 6
2025:
Spiderman 4 In which Spiderman is possessed by Captain Universe.
Eternals 3
Shang Chi 2

2026:
Ultimates/Alpha Flight Strange warns of the Celestials’ approach. Carol, Monica, and some other space-worthy characters set up a first line of defense.

2027:
Judgment Day

Phase 8 and beyond

We’re finally ready for an X-Men reboot.
The cosmic universe has expanded to include Nova and Quasar. We’ll see Carol and maybe Monica in deep space too.
More Spiderman, plus Daredevil.
Doctor Strange has introduced more occult themes, so we can have Ghost Rider, etc.
We build toward a hybrid New Warriors/Defenders team-up. Firestar, Justice, Daredevil, Nova. A few others.
Last edited by Nu-D on 28 Apr 2019, 17:53, edited 5 times in total.

Blackcyclops

Post by Blackcyclops » 28 Apr 2019, 15:11

edits
Last edited by Blackcyclops on 28 Apr 2019, 19:45, edited 2 times in total.
Morrison Era 2001-2005, Decimation Era from 2005-2012, Bendis Era 2012-2016, M-Pox era 2016-2017, and Resurrxion 2017-2019, Hickman Era 2019-?

Nu-D

Post by Nu-D » 28 Apr 2019, 15:18

I like your BP2 plot better than mine. I’m stealing it, but adding Skrulls.

And I’m OK with adding Colleen Wing to Shang-Chi, but I want to to be Jessica Henwick and I want it to be the same character.

That doesn’t mean adding the rest of the Netflix characters, but it leaves the door open. I’m still pissed they didn’t get a nod in the dusting or in Endgame.

Spectral Knight

Post by Spectral Knight » 28 Apr 2019, 15:41

BC, love your plan but I'm going to have to question your use of Victoria Hand. She's already appeared in the MCU and is dead courtesy of Ward as shown in SHIELD.

Blackcyclops

Post by Blackcyclops » 28 Apr 2019, 15:53

Spectral Knight wrote:
28 Apr 2019, 15:41
BC, love your plan but I'm going to have to question your use of Victoria Hand. She's already appeared in the MCU and is dead courtesy of Ward as shown in SHIELD.

Dammit I forgot! Okay...

Chopping out Hand and replacing with Contessa

Spectral Knight

Post by Spectral Knight » 28 Apr 2019, 16:15

:D Nice change!

I've got some ideas for this myself but will need to try and draft a lot of separate ideas into a concrete 3 Phase story. Already seen some similarities with both of your concepts.

Blackcyclops

Post by Blackcyclops » 28 Apr 2019, 16:25

Edits...
Last edited by Blackcyclops on 28 Apr 2019, 18:27, edited 1 time in total.

WorldWideWade

Post by WorldWideWade » 28 Apr 2019, 16:42

I like BlackCyclops timeline of movies but I would put the Black Widow movie where Black Panther 2 is as I don't think BP2 will be only 2 years later. I think BP2 can be where A-Force is and A-Force can come after GOTG 3.

Nu-D I like the ambition but the line up of movies doesn't make a whole lot of sense from a production schedule point of view. Spider-man 3 six years after spider-man 2 is released makes no sense when the pattern is every two years for those movies.

I realize the exercise is to say what you're ideal set up for the phases are but I'm going to try to be as realistic as possible for Phase 4:

2020 appears to have 3 movies in production that would make the most sense:
Black Widow
Eternals
Doctor Strange 2

2021 would probably include:
Spider-man 3
Shang Chi
Black Panther 2 (Fantastic Four hinted at)

2022 possibilities
Guardians 3 (given Gunn needs to finish Suicide Squad first I think this is the earliest we will see this)
Captain Marvel 2 (Kamala Khan introduced)
Fantastic Four (Annihilus is villain)
Last edited by WorldWideWade on 28 Apr 2019, 16:43, edited 1 time in total.
Current Pull List
Hickman's X-men, Runaways, Champions

Blackcyclops

Post by Blackcyclops » 28 Apr 2019, 16:43

Had to clean some things up:

Spider-Man: Far from Home- Standalone film... wraps up the Infinity Saga plot threads. Does tease the FF by introducing Johnny Storm at the very end as a new student at Peter’s school. We are also introduced to HAMMER. A new organization set up by Contessa Valentina Allegra de Fontaine (rival of Fury’s). Unbeknownst to everyone, Contessa is working with OsCorp to arm them with retrofitted Thanos tech. Osborn prepares his son Harry to enroll in Peter’s school as well.

Black Panther 2
The story takes T’Challa and Shuri to Europe. It’s more like a Bond film. It focuses on T’Challa finding out that somebody is bootlegging vibranium and arming terrorist groups. The main villains are a trio of assassins (Firebrand, Sunturion and Dreadknight) who are working for the Controller. The film looks at how arms dealing affects the world and makes T’Challa question his more open stance with the world. We are fully introduced to Reed, Sue and Ben...but not with powers, as scientists (we’re going with Ben as an ace pilot and Sue is a scientist in this version). Ben and T’Challa went to school together though and are friends. Shuri likes that Sue and Reed are as smart as her, with her actually admitting that Reed might be the smartest person she’s ever met. The film ends with Shuri defeating a mind-controlled T’Challa and then the Controller is defeated (he even employees a giant robot, Ultimo). The Post-Credit scenes have a defeated Controller reports to his leader, Viper aka Madame Hydra. In the film Latveria is teased (as a kingdom that may have bought some of the vibranium and being as mysterious as Wakanda) and Atlantis is directly referenced, Okoye has gone to investigate the place as one of BP’s “Agents of Wakanda”.

TV-Winter Soldier and Falcon
A street level series...has hints of Hydra’s return but the main villain is a freed Baron Zemo and his team of assassins: the Serpent Society. Bucky’s main plot is overcoming his dark past and embracing his life as a hero. And Sam’s journey is graduating to becoming Cap. Series ends with Sam taking up the shield as Cap and Bucky joining Nick Fury’s Secret Warriors.

Eternals
It introduces the Eternal and Deviant war (Ghaur is the main villain of the film). They come to the surface after the events of Endgame (Deviants now feel it is their time to strike). Even though the stones are gone, other forces have been unleashed (essentially it’s like a seal was broken). Namely the Serpent Crown for the purposes of this film. The film stars Hercules, Makkari, Ikaris, Sersi and Athena (Eternals, unlike Asgardians are Earth born and were confused with Olympian Gods in the past). The Deviants are driven back underground and the crown is destroyed. In the post-credit scene Sersi introduces her family to old man Steve Rogers and the new Cap (they met in the 70s). And we see a man named Taskmaster collect the fragments of the Serpent Crown for his mistress, Viper.

Shang Chi
A full on standalone...a good old fashion martial arts tournament film. The main villain is a man named The Gorgon. The movie reintroduces the new Hand and also has Colleen Wing in it. Colleen still has the power of the Iron Fist and is participating in the tournament to weed out the last of the Hand. The Hand want to win the tournament because the sponsor is revealed to be Fat Cobra and he has a functioning portal to the other Heavenly cities. Movie ends with Shang Chi winning the tournament and being offered membership in HAMMER.
Last edited by Blackcyclops on 28 Apr 2019, 19:16, edited 1 time in total.

Blackcyclops

Post by Blackcyclops » 28 Apr 2019, 16:43

Well Black Widow is a prequel so it doesnt factor into my ideas now

Nu-D

Post by Nu-D » 28 Apr 2019, 17:52

WorldWideWade wrote:
28 Apr 2019, 16:42

Nu-D I like the ambition but the line up of movies doesn't make a whole lot of sense from a production schedule point of view. Spider-man 3 six years after spider-man 2 is released makes no sense when the pattern is every two years for those movies.
Good point. I’m moving Spiderman 3 up to 2022. Not sure if it’s a lead-in to Secret Invasion, a tie-in (happening at the same time), or a follow-up.

The problem with Spiderman, is because it’s Sony, it’s not really possible to fit it into the major developments for the MCU. It has to be both tied in, and also set apart, because Sony isn’t going to let Feige dictate the plot. So it can’t be a major part of the crossover development (like, say Civil War was), but it still has to fit in somewhere. But if we’re limited to three movies a year, and I want a crossover about once every three years, using two of my films for a Spiderman movie in each phase is too much.

Also, I’m much more interested in T’Challa, Carol, Monica, Wanda, Shuri, Kate Bishop and a bunch of the other characters. So in my dream world, Spiderman is somewhat sidelined. I prefer him as a solo act, or as a kid sidekick. I don’t like him on teams because he gets too much attention.

Blackcyclops

Post by Blackcyclops » 28 Apr 2019, 19:17

Dr. Strange-The Nightmare
We are introduced to Nightmare here. After the mess with the gauntlet, extradimensional beings are now interested in Earth. Nightmare wants to corrupt Strange. We are introduced to Clea, a refugee from a dimension that Nightmare ravaged. Baron Mordo returns as a half-enemy/half ally. We also meet Dr. Doom, he actually has something that may stop Nightmare but knows that it’s dark magic is “illegal” in our realm. In the end Strange sacrifices his role as sorcerer supreme to stop Nightmare by using the tool that Doom had. This goes according to plan and Doom is up for consideration as the new SS. Post Credit Scene: Mordo is recruited by Viper for her new Hydra...

Fantastic Four
So after all the set-up, the FF get their introduction. They are scientist working with the new Project Pegasus. They are competing with HAMMER on mastering faster than light travel. Meanwhile, a rogue faction of the Skrulls have come to Earth to infiltrate HAMMER to get their hands on something Thanos had. They end up teaming with Melvin Flumm (Mentallo) finding how powerful the humans are (they know about Captain Marvel and want to try and replicate her power), they end up running into the FF. Who are at first, after getting their powers, just want to be left alone and not do anything heroic. But Ben Grimm inspires his teammates to be a team. So when the Skrulls manage to steal a portion of their powers to make Super-Skrull and he attacks the President, the FF go into action (they do battle some runaway experts and monsters earlier in the film...yes Monster Island is introduced). They save the day, expose the darkness within HAMMER but do become friends with Contessa. The movie ends with Doom pissed at Reed’s fame and Namor appears at the UN to declare Atlantis’s new big spot in the world.

Spider-Man-Graduation
This is the last film in the Spidey trilogy under Sony, but in this ideal situation Sony renegoitates for 3 more Spidey films and gives Disney more control over things due to the tremondous success of the films. Anyway, Graduation features the expansion of Peter's class. He gets to meet Miles Morales (he aged in real time because he wasn't "dusted") who is a freshmen and he gets a two new classmates: Harry Osborn and Gwen Stacy. This film continues the smaller scale of Spidey movies. So after seeing Spider-Man do battle with the Elementals and such he's a real big name hero. And so during his senior year, while having to try and finish his senior project he finds himself hunted by Kraven the Hunter. Kraven enlists his brother Chameleon to infilitrate OsCorp and try and find out all the information he can on Spider-Man. At the same time OsCorp has taken an interest in Spider-Man (we're going back to the idea that OsCorp was the company that did the experiment that led to him gaining his powers in the first place) and Norman becomes obsessed with the hero. They have some run-ins (especially as Spidey investigates Kraven and finds that Chameleon was in OsCorp) and Spidey finds out that they are selling Thanos-tech to criminals, particularly some man named Kinglsey. The movie has an explosive ending with Peter defeating Kraven (after being buried alive), finding out just how dirty Osborn is, and graduating from high school to attend the new Stark Institute of Innovation. Oh and Kingsley steals all of OsCorp’s weapons (their head scientist, Mendell Stromm is killed by Kraven) and starts to sell it to every crook in NYC, the proliferation of super-powered bad guys begins!

Phase 4 Ends

Blackcyclops

Post by Blackcyclops » 28 Apr 2019, 19:24

2022:

Avengers: A-Force
So the current Avengers team is Captain Marvel, Shuri, Scarlet Witch, Hulk and Captain America (Sam Wilson). Spider-man is a junior member, so is Hawkeye's new trainee Kate Bishop. However, the two men get stuck on their own mission (this mission involves them actually visiting the Savage Land but the running joke is that we never see it just get transmission of their adventures and the ladies think they're being silly), while the ladies end up having to deal with a failsafe that Ultron left: The Jocasta Protocol. So we end up with them coming into conflict with HAMMER and a new superhuman: the Molecule Man (a technician for HAMMER, he acquired his powers while experimenting with something from the Endgame battle). The first fight with Molecule Man leaves him in what appears to be a comatose state(his powers have to recharge) but also greatly reduces Carol’s power. HAMMER takes Molecule Man in and study him, hoping he can be their ace in the hole against the Avengers in case they turn on them. The film then really focuses on these three women becoming friends and dealing with their new places in the world. They also have to train two new recruits: Monica Rambeau (who joined HAMMER and defected in the fight with Molecule Man) and Jennifer Walters (Bruce’s cousin who got powers after she was captured by rogue AIM agents). In the end, the three-way conflict is between Jocasta (who is taking over the internet to fulfill Ultron’s plan), HAMMER (Contessa wants to control Jocasta) and our heroes. Wanda tricks Molecule Man and he basically erases himself from reality, Carol even with her diminished powers defeats Jocasta in combat (alongside She-Hulk and Photon), and Shuri defeats Contessa’s other top warrior, Titania (the fight takes place on foreign soil, so no arresting the Avengers). The film ends with Contessa pissed that she lost Jocasta and the Molecule Man and swearing to find a way to ruin the Avengers; the new Avengers emerge with Photon and She-Hulk. In the post-credits, Osborn hands Viper some salvaged Jocasta tech and we see that he’s working with her, thus showing how deep Hydra is reaching.

GotG Vol3
The main villain is the Magus. Adam Warlock is finally introduced. He’s the one who Gamora has been with since she left her timeline. He’s been helping her rehabilitate, alongside Nebula. The problem is that the Magus is also alive. Adam in these films is as actually from Earth. The Church found him decades ago and kept him in space due to their prophecyZ what they didn’t know was that just as Adam was made in our world in the Negative Zone his opposite was made. Once Adam awoke, Magus found himself in our universe and wants to rule. He seeks another of the powers unleashed after the fall of the Infinity Stones. The item is an actual cosmic cube...in the end, Thor sacrifices his life to destroy the cube and kills the Magus. His death signals to his creator Blastaar that the Earth is very interesting (also on Earth a beacon goes off in a hidden lab that Adam Warlock is fully awaken). Quill and Gamora finally reunite and retire from the action, he leaves Rocket in charge and having come to embrace his hero side, he takes Warlock, Drax, Mantis, and Groot out to meet somebody named “Phyla Vell” who has some info on stopping some Kree terrorist. In the Post-Credit scenes it is revealed that the destruction of the cube makes a tiny crack in the membrane of reality to the negative zone and out comes a drone from Annihilus…

Silver Surfer
We follow the basic premise of the comics. The only real difference is that in the end, instead of the Fantastic Four scaring Galactus away, Silver Surfer actually uses the Ultimate Nullifier and it seems to banish him from our reality. The post-credits has Annihilus notice that Galactus is gone and he is pleased because he was the only thing he feared.

Blackcyclops

Post by Blackcyclops » 28 Apr 2019, 19:38

2023:
Captain Marvels
This film stars Carol and Monica and inteoduces Kamala Khan. Instead of being an Inhuman, she one of a handful of people who were empowered by Molecule Man’s “death” in A-Force. We explore legacy, friendship and what it means to be a hero to many different people. The villain this time around though is Count Nefaria. I want the threat to be the Maggia. Carol is cooperating HAMMER to try and make amends. The whole time though, this is part of Viper’s plan. She wants her competition taken down and through Osborn, she’s manipulating HAMMER to use the ladies to stop them. We also introduce planetary defense shield. It’s an idea developed by Carol’s friends (the precursors to Alpha Flight) and Shuri. Nefaria wants to use it on continents to ransom governments. The movie ends with the three women celebrating but Carol tells Kamala she can’t join the Avengers yet...she does get to meet Cassie Lang though (we find out in the film that was exploring Pym particles and wants to be a hero too) and they talk about meeting Spider-man.
In the post-credits Viper and her council meet and discuss the stages of their plan. Osborn points out that HAMMER has plans for the planetary shield and are getting ready to launch a space station and want Carol to lead it. The Strucker twins who go by Fenris, inform the group that the Hand (they showed up in the Shang Chi film) have given them a way to protect themselves from magical threats. Viper then turns and caresses the arms of her silent bodyguard. The camera pans up and we see it is a clone of Captain America!!!!

Web of Spider-Man
At the Stark Institute of Innovation Peter is thriving. He is fully dating Michelle, he's best friends with Riri Williams and he's mentoring Miles Morales. His one rival is Sam Alexander (Flash has enlisted in the military and actually working with HAMMER). His one problem is that there are so many new villains popping up. Kinglsey's corruption and selling of the Thanos Tech (alongside his failure to acquire Spider-Man) has worn on Norman's mind and he finally snaps in a confrontation with Kingsley in which he embarrasses him in front of his son. This break leads him to experiment on himself with formula he was developing that was based on the super soldier formula. The result is that he becomes the Green Goblin. He starts to strike at Kingsley's operation and utilizing loyal members of OsCorp and HAMMER he begins an underground war against him. Kingsley, not one to be overdone, mimicks him and creates his Hobgoblin persona, thus the Goblin Wars! Along the way, something seemingly small happens, during one trip Peter and his friends stumble across a jet black meteor and something from it seems to bite Peter but he's distracted and thinks it's noting. Spidey is caught in the middle. He does seem to be overwhelmed but luckily Riri has his back as Iron Heart, Black Cat (a criminal who Peter has been tangling with joins the good guys after seeing how evil Kingsley is), and a very mysterious guy named The Shroud. In the end Osborn is exposed and seemingly killed, Kingsley is arrested and Spider-Man is an even bigger hero. In the post-credit scene: Viper approaches a group of criminals who Kinglsey was supplying ask them if they want to work for her organization. Then we end the film with Peter having a nightmare about something dark overtaking him.

das_boot

Post by das_boot » 30 Apr 2019, 15:37

PHASE 4

So, I’m ignoring the brief. Long Way Home or whatever is 100% phase 3. Bye girl bye.

So, 2020 looks like this
— Black Panther 2
As king of Wakanda, 5 years is a long time to be gone. M’Baku ruled in T’Challa’s place whilst he was gone and T’Challa is horrified to learn that M’Baku has partially abandoned Wakanda’s isolationist policy and has started selling tech to the “developed” world. M’Baku happily gives up the crown and T’Challa faces critiques from neighbouring tribes that he’s allowed this technology to leave Wakanda and Africa without it benefiting the rest of Africa just for the sake of making Wakanda a global power. Shuri continues her outreach program amongst black kids in the states, and she meets a young man called Alan— super gifted and can keep up with her technological prowess instinctively.
Meanwhile, it turns out that Klaw’s sonic blaster was also able of digitising and downloading his consciousness, similar to Zola... he “awakens” in a robotic body and realised that he’s surrounded by a lot of old, but giant robots with a SHIELD logo on their chest. He begins working on a plan for revenge against Killmonger.
T’Challa meets with a representative of another tribe, a woman who’s talked of as a witch, and her young ward. He’s surprised to find that she’s actually about his age, called M’nore and her ward Yda. M’nore’s tribe are probably the most technologically under-developed and poorest of the people neighbouring Wakanda— she’s essentially the leader of the anti-T’Challa movement. She offers him a proposal— she’ll proclaim support for T’Challa if he accepts her offer of a political marriage, and that he’ll donate agricultural tech to deal with the sudden doubling of the population following Endgame.
Agent Ross meets up with Shuri to help negotiate some of the American kids visiting Wakanda as part of the cultural and technological exchange. He’s amazed by Alan having learned Wakandan, which confuses Shuri because as the only Wakandan in the program, she hasn’t taught him it...

T’Challa and M’nore’s wedding day arrives, and Klaw turns up with his robot body and army of giant robots. The giant robots ignore T’Challa and the Wakandans and move towards M’nore and Yda, and one heading towards Alan. Ross has no idea where these robots are from or what they were for, but we have T’Challa fighting Klaw and the Wakandans taking down the robots. A huge tempest appears out of nowhere, and one of the robots bursts into flames. Shuri and Alan discover that some of the robots have spread from Wakanda and have attacked neighbouring towns and villages. Shuri takes some of her tech squad into new jets she’s developed and they attack the robots and protect the towns.

After the battle, T’challa recognises that whilst M’baku’s intentions to end isolationist policies were noble at heart, they’ve also painted a huge target on the majority of Africa. Wakanda has a responsibility to protect their neighbouring countries and share their prosperity.

End credits scene involve M’nore and Yda, who fled in the chaos of the battle, wandering through the desert. Sandstorms part where they walk and they’re constantly in shade. Yda turns to M’nore, one eye red and one eye blue and asks her what has happened to them. M’nore turns to Yda, and her eyes are pure white and cracklings with electricity. She replies that she doesn’t know, but knows they have to stay away from people for the time being.

ASGUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY
Thor and the team head into space, Thor determines to find the remaining Asgardians and return them to earth. Quill and Nebula disagree and want to hunt for Gamora, so the team split into two— Thor, Mantis and Drax head to a space station called Heven, whilst Quill, Nebula, Rocket and Groot head to Vormir. Thor meets Angela, a former Asgardian and Valkyrie, whilst Quill’s team discover that the new guardian of Vormir is none other than the Black Widow. She doesn’t know where Gamora is, but she points Quill’s team to someone who resonates heavily with the Soul Stone— Adam Warlock. Thor’s team take on Angela and her renegade Valkyries (who all abandoned Asgard when Hela first attacked waaaaaay back when) and the asguardian’s take Heven as their own base of operations. Quill’s team meet Adam Warlock, and he tells them that he can take them to Gamora. They eventually find her in some underground ruins on her home planet where she breaks down, explains that she had repressed so much about what Thanos had done to her that she didn’t feel like herself and she finally feels free for the first time in her life. She and Quill reconcile, and he agrees to move at her pace... this hurts Nebula who’s started to develop feelings towards Quill. She tells the team that she doesn’t want to carry on journeying through the Galaxy and has made the decision to return to Earth and have a simpler life.

The team regroup on Heven and are surprised when a bald woman appears, having travelled through space entirely unaided and asks for sanctuary. She tells them she’s called The Dragon of the Moon and can’t remember her past life.

End credits scene involves Angela talking to a man who has feathers growing out of his head and explaining that they’ve lost their outpost closest to the Milky Way. He strikes her down, and reminds her that the last time that the Shi’Ar approached the Milky Way, they suffered serious casualties. She replies with “yes, Emperor D’Ken”.

ETERNALS
Philanthropist and businesswoman Heather Douglas funds a mission into space after detecting a strange energy spike from one of Saturn’s moons at the same time as Thanks’ snap. She demands to go along with the crew— married couple Susan and Reed Richards, Susan’s brother, Honny, and the astronaut, Ben Grimm. As they approach Saturn, their ship is hit with radiation and Ben slams Heather into an escape pod, just as the radiation wave hits. The pod lands on Titan where Heather is discovered by a group of humanoids called the Eternals. They work to heal Heather whilst telling them stories about where they’re from and their foes, the Deviants— the process can take years and Heather is very weak.

The Deviants attack whilst Heather’s recovery is in its final stages. Sersi tried to hurry along Heather’s healing process, but the chamber super-charges and Heather emerges bald, and objects levitating around her. Possessed by some kind of energy, Heather leaves the moon and vanishes, whilst the Eternals battle the Deviants. They win the battle, but discover that some of the Deviants have started to head towards Earth after stealing some Eternal ships. The Eternals realise they may have to return to Earth.

End credits scene shows the ruined ship having landed on a barren world, and a helmet being crushed by a giant rocky foot...

DOCTOR STRANGE 2
After 5 years away, the sorcerer supreme has a lot to catch up on— not only have the students who emerged during the 5 year jump had very little guidance, but at least one in five have jumped over to Mordo’s cause. A woman named Clea has been trying to keep things under control, but as an extra-dimensional being, she’s had struggles being taken seriously. It turns out that Mordo has been training his students to be avatars for some extra-dimensional beings, and Strange, Wong and Clea have to face off against seven possessed beings and recover their artefacts. Clea leaves with them to hide them amongst the other dimensions.

End credits scene is Mordo talking to the avatar of Cyttorak, who’s happy to be the last of his siblings to have an incarnation.

CAPTAIN MARVEL 2
Half the population of the entire universe vanished. In the snap of a finger, 50% entirely vanished. The problem is, that when the wave propagated outwards, it maintained power without maintaining accuracy. The Kree were decimated whilst the Skrulls remained untouched. The Shi’Ar lost very few people and managed to usurp the Kree as the dominant power in the galaxy, building a small army of other aliens. The Nova Corps have had issues rebuilding after Thanos’ rampage on Xandar and there’s only one woman powerful enough to attempt to bring peace to this side of the galaxy... but the Supreme Intelligence wants Carol back, and the bounty on her head means that she might have to fight for any kind of peace.

End credits scene shows Heven receiving a call for help from Carol. Thor, Drax, Mantis and Rocket are unconscious on the floor. We pan out to see the same four characters standing around and watching Carol’s message...

BLACK KNIGHT
Origin story featuring a crash-course in Arthurian myth, a magic sword that passes down through a bloodline, making the wielder the protector of magical forces of Earth. Baron Mordo turns up as a villain and Doctor Strange and Hawkeye turn up to provide assistance to Black Knight.

SECRET INVASION
The Guardians return to Earth, saying that they have important news to communicate to the Avengers... or, what’s left of them. They meet with Captain Wilson, War Machine, Bucky, Wanda Fury and BP to say that they’ve found several anomalies across the galaxy— powerful politicians or rulers acting strangely and for some reason seem to have their sights set on Earth as the race that defeated Thanos. Mantis, Gamora and Quill go to Wakanda with BP to investigate some new tech, whilst the others stay in the rebuilt Avengers base. Carol arrives on Earth, looking beaten to HELL and she punches out Thor, Drax and Rocket. Wanda stops her but struggles to hold her. Carol tells her to power down, she’s done, but they need to find Mantis.

In Wakanda, Quill, Gamora and Mantis are with Shuri, Alan and BP while they try to figure out the tech. Alan starts speaking a strange language. Gamora recognises it as a Skrull dialect. Mantis smiles and grabs hold of Gamora and Panther and urges them to sleep. She attacks Quill and Shuri, and is eventually taken down.

The others arrive, along with a very groggy Thor, Drax, Mantis and Rocket. Carol explains that the Skrulls, tired of being the downtrodden race, have replaced people in power across the galaxy to make themselves the new power. They see earth as a real threat and are on their way to take over... except it could be that they’re already here.

Strange sling-rings in and explains that the magical schools have been infiltrated, and Fury thinks that what’s left of SHIELD has been too. Street-level heroes like Spider-Man and Jessica Jones are fighting armies of Luke Cage and Daredevil, whilst Cap and Bucky are facing off against copies of Ant-Man and Wasp. Usually peaceful nations declare war against Wakanda and the United States.

The Avengers try to stop what they can but realise that without finding the Earth-based leader of the Skrulls, they’re in serious trouble. Wanda suggests that she tries to read their minds and figure out who the leader is.

The lights go out in the Avengers compound. When they turn back on, we see M’nore standing alongside a group of people, surrounding a bald man in a wheelchair.

“You won’t remember me, Fury, but I am Professor Charles Xavier, and I think we can help”.

END OF PHASE FOUR.
ASPIRING WRITERS!

Check out the “Writing Challenges” thread in the Uncanon Mess Hall!

Blackcyclops

Post by Blackcyclops » 30 Apr 2019, 16:54

I like Das’s stuff so far...really cool.

Honestly I didn’t add the X-Men because I geniunely don’t want them in the MCU. I want them to have their own separate cinematic universe lol

RingOtaku

Post by RingOtaku » 30 Apr 2019, 17:34

I already did a basic version of this before but assuming Marvel gets any rights they want...

GHOST RIDER: Danny Ketch becomes empowered to save his sister from Blackout. Mid-credits scene is Doc Strange watching the final battle on the news. Glancing over at his visitor Mr. Blaze who grabs a shotgun and declares "I got this one. Time for the new kid to learn why I quit the Vengeance game."

Dr. Strange 3: Doc Strange fights Nightmare who at his moment of defeat brags that "While you were here no one was watching the Montesi Seal. My minion Deathwatch is taking care of business as we speak."

Nightstalkers: Blade, King, and Frank Drake are back in business after years of inactivity to deal with the Montesi Seal having been broken and an army of vampires unleashed. It ends with vampire boss Deacon Frost being found clutching a map to The Tomb Of Lilith.

Ghost Rider 2: After a fight Blaze and Ketch unite against Deathwatch and his minions who have taken over a small desert town. In the end Deathwatch is slain and the Riders unleash Morbius who claims "They took my false-vampire blood. They called it The Key."

Midnight Sons: Strange, Wong, Riders, and Nightstalkers unite against the combined threat of Lilith and the re-awakened Dracula in a race to find The Darkhold.
D20 Roulette: A Podcast of Geeks and Raging. https://rouletteproductions.com

das_boot

Post by das_boot » 30 Apr 2019, 20:33

Blackcyclops wrote:
30 Apr 2019, 16:54
I like Das’s stuff so far...really cool.

Honestly I didn’t add the X-Men because I geniunely don’t want them in the MCU. I want them to have their own separate cinematic universe lol
I’m adding them because I really don’t see the point in messing about and NOT having them here. Phase 5 explores them more thoroughly, however, and explains where they’ve been.
ASPIRING WRITERS!

Blackcyclops

Post by Blackcyclops » 30 Apr 2019, 21:25

Yeah I just think that If we’re envisioning a 3 film a year schedule the X-Men deserve to be at a place to exist alone because you could create an entire cinematic universe just among their characters alone.

das_boot

Post by das_boot » 30 Apr 2019, 22:48

Blackcyclops wrote:
30 Apr 2019, 21:25
Yeah I just think that If we’re envisioning a 3 film a year schedule the X-Men deserve to be at a place to exist alone because you could create an entire cinematic universe just among their characters alone.
That was just my first phase. Phases 5 and 6 will make my universe far clearer. HAVE SOME DAMN FAITH
ASPIRING WRITERS!

Anna Raven

Post by Anna Raven » 30 Apr 2019, 22:55

I'll honestly be pretty angry if they don't incorporate the X-Men into the greater universe somehow.
Marvel vs DC Draft: Wonder Woman|Thor|Ares - DC|Shazam!|Hercules|Loki|Dream of the Endless|Valkyrie|Ares - Marvel
Thunderbolts Draft: Punisher|Black Cat|Moon Knight(as Kraven the Hunter)|Diamondback|Taskmaster|Domino|Nuke|Trickshot |Jolt|Troll