Welcome to unstablemolecules.com, the discussion home for mightyavengers.net, uncanon.com and uncannyxmen.net!

RuPaul’s Drag Race All Stars 4

Did you see the Dr. Strange Movie from the 70's? Me neither, but I'm sure someone did. Come here to talk about Movies and TV
das_boot

RuPaul’s Drag Race All Stars 4

Post by das_boot » 19 Dec 2018, 13:24

So, no real surprises as to who the cast is for anyone who’s visited Reddit or YouTube in the last six months...

Overall— surprised that Gia and Latrice didn’t place higher. I thought that Monique’s “brown cow stunning” was a fun nod to her quote from last season, but that’s kind of it really...

Bottom placements didn’t surprise me at all, although I do think that they were a little harsh on Farrah. I certainly thought that Monet’s performance started and ended flat, and it was kind of predictable that she’d throw a sponge reference in there. Naomi’s performance was on-brand but slightly underwhelming with the “comedy reveal”.

Again, not surprised at Gia being given the shady edit, and not surprised at everyone gagging over Valentina (who I still really don’t rate). I did enjoy that both Monique and Trinity told Farrah to stop the crying, although I’m going to go out on a limb and say that I think Monique had Farrah’s lipstick in her bra.

I enjoyed the lipsync but surprised that Trinity can turn out a performance to something more low energy, but perhaps that’s just after seeing her lipsyncs in season 9, I kind of expected high energy to be her wheelhouse.
ASPIRING WRITERS!

Check out the “Writing Challenges” thread in the Uncanon Mess Hall!

EphemeristX

Re: RuPaul’s Drag Race All Stars 4

Post by EphemeristX » 19 Dec 2018, 15:03

I thought Farrah's bottom placement was harsh too. Especially since they get two takes. Did she fall both times? Oh, they showed the one she fell in but other queens got the best versions of their acts spliced together (cut to Gia having different colored ribbon guns in different shots). Mostly, I think Ru doesn't have a ton of use for Farrah since the Farrah-Valentina drama isn't going to happen (but Farrah-Gia might!). I am fairly sure Gia's smiling reaction wasn't even about Farrah, though. It actually looked genuine and not shady to me.

Monique has got to learn to secure her damn wigs. The rafters part was at least funny, though. But seriously, you're not the first bald headed bitch to wear a wig. Duct tape that shit, man! Especially if you wanna whip your hair all around.

I really enjoy Jasmine, but I was annoyed that she once again refuses to take any personal responsibility for losing. You told literally one joke, and it was a bad one. Sorry. Not good enough. I do love her attitude about winning or losing, though, and she was incredibly gracious and supportive to Farrah at the end. I love me some Jush.

Also, the reading challenge. If you watch the unaired reads on VH1, they edited out an absolutely savage read by Valentina about Latrice. I guess they wanted Latrice's win to look more solid, but damn. Valentina rocked Latrice. And it made Latrice's come-back about Valentina being two-faced even better. Seriously, go watch it.
http://dancehall-daze.tumblr.com

"Take your baby by the ears
And play upon her darkest fears"

AntiBody

Post by AntiBody » 20 Dec 2018, 01:49

To get it out of the way: I wish they'd aired Season 10 first for so many reasons. But I'm happy any and every time Drag Race comes around. (We never discussed Holi-Slay, did we?)

I thought it was a solid episode. The past two seasons of AS have been wild, so this season has some tall heels to fill, and this episode delivered pretty well.
  • Good drama, mostly and unsurprisingly by Gia.
  • When the cast was announced, I figured Farrah and Jasmine would be first outs, so yeah.
  • I love Monet a lot but was a little disappointed by her reliance on the sponge - that had better be it. I really love her, I'm sure coming immediately off Season 10 must be demanding, I support her (song and podcast), but she needs to step it up.
  • Not to sound too harsh, but I thought Brown Cow Stunning was dumb and I was shocked Monique got top 2.
  • I'm so excited to see how Manila fares against this crowd and struts right back into the spotlight where she belongs!
  • And Latrice... I am just so very, very thankful she is back in our lives. I LOVE LATRICE MUTHAFUCKIN' ROYALE.
EphemeristX wrote:
19 Dec 2018, 15:03
I am fairly sure Gia's smiling reaction wasn't even about Farrah, though.
I read on Reddit* that Gia's reaction
Spoiler: show
was def taken out of context. I might be misquoting, but if you look at Manila in the background in the shots, she changes between her before and after looks from her act.
*I used to follow the sub a lot, but they've been real sketchy lately, so I'm weaning off.

EphemeristX wrote:
19 Dec 2018, 15:03
Also, the reading challenge. If you watch the unaired reads on VH1, they edited out an absolutely savage read by Valentina about Latrice. I guess they wanted Latrice's win to look more solid, but damn. Valentina rocked Latrice. And it made Latrice's come-back about Valentina being two-faced even better. Seriously, go watch it.
Spoiler: show
GIRL
I went just now because you said to and OH SHIT
Guardians Of The Galaxy Draft: Nova (Richard Rider), Quasar (Wendell Vaughn), Moondragon, Darkhawk, Plutonia, Hiroim, Ikon, Malik Tarcel, Manta
Nemeses: The Fraternity of Raptors

das_boot

Post by das_boot » 21 Dec 2018, 13:43

I haven’t seen the unaired ones and to be honest, my absolute lack of interest in Valentina might be part of that.
ASPIRING WRITERS!

EphemeristX

Post by EphemeristX » 22 Dec 2018, 06:09

Well, Farrah and Gia had their moment and so did Farrah and Valentina. So Farrah was kindly shown the door. Of course, she was destined for the chop, and I think that's why Ru picked Monique for the bottom instead of Manila, where the decision may have been a bit harder. Also, Monet clearly, clearly threw that lip sync. Or it was super shady edited. Because damn.

I'm glad Farrah showed some backbone, though, and that Monique took up for her too. Part of it was to make sure her team wasn't being sabotaged, sure, but she was the most vocal about clocking Gia.

That said, Gia's fierce and I don't want her to get the whole villain edit.

das_boot

Post by das_boot » 23 Dec 2018, 02:21

I actually have a lot more respect for Valentina and Farrah this episode— Farrah for having some backbone, and Valentina for perhaps being the first queen in herstory to not save a friend at the expense of being fair. If this is indicative of how she’s going to play going forward, I do hope that the other queens do likewise.
ASPIRING WRITERS!

das_boot

Post by das_boot » 23 Dec 2018, 16:03

Also, episode three has leaked online...
ASPIRING WRITERS!

AntiBody

Post by AntiBody » 29 Dec 2018, 21:33

Gia's romper room fuckery, my lord. Bye girl.

Glad we got to see Latrice shine a but more in this one, I feel like that was a bit overdue. Manila teaches all the children that she still has it! And Trinity slayed the Snatch Game Of Love!! 'Twas a good episode indeed.

Though I wish Gus Kenworthy had been naked. That would have been nice.
Guardians Of The Galaxy Draft: Nova (Richard Rider), Quasar (Wendell Vaughn), Moondragon, Darkhawk, Plutonia, Hiroim, Ikon, Malik Tarcel, Manta

Jazzkantine

Post by Jazzkantine » 29 Dec 2018, 21:54

As a straight (?) guy, I have to admit I like the show. Sadly, Netflix has released only the last 4 seasons here so far but it really enlightened me and gave me a lot of insight into the men and their characters, and all those different reasons for doing drag.
Uncanny X-Force: Mimic, Omega, Timeslip, Siphon, Red Lotus, Grid, Frenzy, Savitar - (Shaara), Graymalkin, Nil

EphemeristX

Post by EphemeristX » 29 Dec 2018, 22:06

It was time for Gia to go. Everyone knew it. Gia played the game a certain way and it bit her in the ass. I still like Gia and all that but she went all-in day one and it cost her.

AntiBody

Post by AntiBody » 30 Dec 2018, 01:36

100% agreed. I loved her on Season 6 in that Alyssa Edwards way where she didn't know why she was funny; here, I felt she was actively TRYING to be shady for airtime. She was on a different drag show in Central or South America for a couple of seasons, so she's learned a thing or two about being on tv, but this was all way too much. I'm sad she chose to play it that way. Let's see what happens from here on out though, the talent is getting severe up in here!

Quick and Dead

Post by Quick and Dead » 30 Dec 2018, 04:31

So far, the correct person has been eliminated each episode.

I personally adore Gia. It’s reality tv and I appreciate it when queens dive headfirst into a character to play up the drama. It’s all in good fun. Take Valentina for example, the whole telenovela attitude is killing me. I can’t get enough of her. Don’t think she deserved bottom two though, Latrice should’ve been there. Weak runway and she let Gia squander her performance. I can’t recall a single line from her in the snatch game.

I know they’ll be some online backlash if she wins but Trinity is really killing it and I would love to see her take the crown.
Twitter: @TonyBWood