Welcome to unstablemolecules.com, the discussion home for mightyavengers.net, uncanon.com and uncannyxmen.net!

Avengers 4

Did you see the Dr. Strange Movie from the 70's? Me neither, but I'm sure someone did. Come here to talk about Movies and TV
tokenBG1009

Re: Avengers 4

Post by tokenBG1009 » 29 Jun 2019, 03:31

I love the new poster!
"Sometimes I do feel like I'm a failure. Like there's no hope for me. But even so, I'm not gonna give up. Ever!" -Izuku Midoriya

Nu-D

Post by Nu-D » 30 Jul 2019, 18:42

Some deleted scenes released today:

https://www.vox.com/2019/7/30/20747001/ ... tony-stark

sambadaemon

Post by sambadaemon » 31 Jul 2019, 13:21

I guess what is a plot hole hit me last night during my first re-watch: If removing just one stone from a timeline will cause catastrophic consequences, how has the main movie timeline survived for 5 and counting years with all six gone?

Anna Raven

Post by Anna Raven » 31 Jul 2019, 13:26

sambadaemon wrote:
31 Jul 2019, 13:21
I guess what is a plot hole hit me last night during my first re-watch: If removing just one stone from a timeline will cause catastrophic consequences, how has the main movie timeline survived for 5 and counting years with all six gone?
Its probably only a problem if you remove a stone from the equation that was shielding the world against the various other individual stones. If all of the stones are gone, there's no threat left.
Marvel vs DC Draft: Wonder Woman|Thor|Ares - DC|Shazam!|Hercules|Loki|Dream of the Endless|Valkyrie|Ares - Marvel
Thunderbolts Draft: Punisher|Black Cat|Moon Knight(as Kraven the Hunter)|Diamondback|Taskmaster|Domino|Nuke|Trickshot |Jolt|Troll

sambadaemon

Post by sambadaemon » 31 Jul 2019, 16:12

Anna Raven wrote:
31 Jul 2019, 13:26
sambadaemon wrote:
Its probably only a problem if you remove a stone from the equation that was shielding the world against the various other individual stones. If all of the stones are gone, there's no threat left.
Ah, okay. Like if one is gone, the others are imbalanced, but if they're all gone, the balance is maintained?

Anna Raven

Post by Anna Raven » 31 Jul 2019, 16:19

sambadaemon wrote:
31 Jul 2019, 16:12
Anna Raven wrote:
31 Jul 2019, 13:26
sambadaemon wrote:
Ah, okay. Like if one is gone, the others are imbalanced, but if they're all gone, the balance is maintained?
Yup exactly.
Marvel vs DC Draft: Wonder Woman|Thor|Ares - DC|Shazam!|Hercules|Loki|Dream of the Endless|Valkyrie|Ares - Marvel
Thunderbolts Draft: Punisher|Black Cat|Moon Knight(as Kraven the Hunter)|Diamondback|Taskmaster|Domino|Nuke|Trickshot |Jolt|Troll

EphemeristX

Post by EphemeristX » 31 Jul 2019, 18:29

Also, it kinda does pose a catastrophic problem that the stones are gone. Half of all sentient life has been erased and there's no way to bring them back. The problem in the other timelines is that removing a stone puts them in very real danger of a threat you know is coming and that stone is necessary to avert.
http://dancehall-daze.tumblr.com

"Take your baby by the ears
And play upon her darkest fears"

tokenBG1009

Post by tokenBG1009 » 31 Jul 2019, 22:28

So, thinking about this as I sit in my car because it's too hot to drive home.

There's some real evidence that the removal of stones from the time line will cause significant issues. At the very least for the Mind and Time stones. The other four I can't think of anything, but they could have some impact we just didn't see.

Remove the Mind Stone: Vision isn't brought to life and Ultron murders everyone.

Remove the Time Stone: Strange can't reverse the damage Dormammu causes and we all turn into Mindless Ones.

The rest are a bit of a stretch...

Remove the Space Stone: No Captain Marvel.

Remove the Reality, Soul, and Power Stone: I legit got nothing. Purely a McGuffin
"Sometimes I do feel like I'm a failure. Like there's no hope for me. But even so, I'm not gonna give up. Ever!" -Izuku Midoriya

Gibbering Fool

Post by Gibbering Fool » 01 Aug 2019, 08:01

tokenBG1009 wrote:
31 Jul 2019, 22:28
Remove the Mind Stone: Vision isn't brought to life and Ultron murders everyone.
Ultron was created from the Mind Stone too so he wouldn't exist either.

bamf

Post by bamf » 01 Aug 2019, 12:23

tokenBG1009 wrote:
So, thinking about this as I sit in my car because it's too hot to drive home.

There's some real evidence that the removal of stones from the time line will cause significant issues. At the very least for the Mind and Time stones. The other four I can't think of anything, but they could have some impact we just didn't see.

Remove the Time Stone: Strange can't reverse the damage Dormammu causes and we all turn into Mindless Ones.

The rest are a bit of a stretch...

Remove the Space Stone: No Captain Marvel.

Remove the Reality, Soul, and Power Stone: I legit got nothing. Purely a McGuffin

Well it can be argued that without the power stone the Guardians wouldn't have come together and no one would have stopped Ego from his course of destruction.
Thunderbolts: Winter Soldier, Agent Venom, Mystique, Arachne, Paladin, Black Cat, Ant-Man, Luke Cage, Kraven

Avengers International: Captain America, Hercules, Storm, Beetle, Doctor Strange, Nightcrawler, Iron Patriot

tokenBG1009

Post by tokenBG1009 » 01 Aug 2019, 12:29

Gibbering Fool wrote:
01 Aug 2019, 08:01
tokenBG1009 wrote:
Good point, maybe it's simply the creation of the Maximoff's then. TBH these are all extreme stretches.

Gibbering Fool

Post by Gibbering Fool » 01 Aug 2019, 13:15

tokenBG1009 wrote:
01 Aug 2019, 12:29
Gibbering Fool wrote:
01 Aug 2019, 08:01
tokenBG1009 wrote:
Good point, maybe it's simply the creation of the Maximoff's then. TBH these are all extreme stretches.

Well the stone was taken from a point before the Maximoffs got their powers. Ultimately, the loss of the Mind Stone from the battle of New York would mean no powers for Wanda and Quicksilver, no Ultron and No Vision. Also, Quicksilver and Strucker wouldn't die.

LimboMaster

Post by LimboMaster » 01 Aug 2019, 17:45

EphemeristX wrote:
31 Jul 2019, 18:29
Also, it kinda does pose a catastrophic problem that the stones are gone. Half of all sentient life has been erased and there's no way to bring them back. The problem in the other timelines is that removing a stone puts them in very real danger of a threat you know is coming and that stone is necessary to avert.
But wouldn't someone need all of the stones to erase half of living beings (i.e., to be omnipotent) in those other timelines? With one (or more) gone you still have the threats of the power of those remaining, sure, but not the power of the gauntlet, right?

EphemeristX

Post by EphemeristX » 01 Aug 2019, 17:59

Without the Mind Stone there would be no Battle of New York and possibly no Avengers -- definitely no Ultron/Vision, no Sokovia Accords, no creation of Baron Zemo, Quicksilver, and Scarlet Witch, no Civil War. That also means that the Hydra takeover would likely have gone down very differently.
http://dancehall-daze.tumblr.com

"Take your baby by the ears
And play upon her darkest fears"

Gibbering Fool

Post by Gibbering Fool » 02 Aug 2019, 04:57

EphemeristX wrote:
01 Aug 2019, 17:59
Without the Mind Stone there would be no Battle of New York and possibly no Avengers -- definitely no Ultron/Vision, no Sokovia Accords, no creation of Baron Zemo, Quicksilver, and Scarlet Witch, no Civil War. That also means that the Hydra takeover would likely have gone down very differently.
If we're going from when the stones were taken in the film then the Battle of New York already happened, but everything else you said would very likely go down that way

Nu-D

Post by Nu-D » 26 Aug 2019, 01:46

It’s available to stream on Amazon Prime.

The second time through, acts 1 and 2 were a little slow, but act 3 (the climactic fight) was way better the second time. Knowing what was going to happen let me pay closer attention to what was happening.

I heard there’s a Namor Easter egg in this. Maybe in the scene where Strange is holding back the water?

Also, I think hey have a back door to bring Natasha back (and I hope they do). Banner tells Steve he “tried really hard” to bring her back, but he never says he failed. So how do we know he didn’t succeed? Maybe she’s on Vormir with Red Skull? Or maybe she’s back, but couldn’t make it to Avengers HQ in time?

Gremlin

Post by Gremlin » 26 Aug 2019, 18:37

There’s no Namor Easter egg. That rumour came about as Black Widow was talking to the various heroes as holograms. Okoye talks about an undersea earthquake but it’s put down to tectonic plates shifting.
Everybody is entitled you their opinion...but yours is wrong.

Nu-D

Post by Nu-D » 26 Aug 2019, 18:46

Gremlin wrote:
26 Aug 2019, 18:37
There’s no Namor Easter egg. That rumour came about as Black Widow was talking to the various heroes as holograms. Okoye talks about an undersea earthquake but it’s put down to tectonic plates shifting.
I see. Could be used later to be an Easter egg, but for now there’s no reason to take it any way other than face value.