Welcome to unstablemolecules.com, the discussion home for mightyavengers.net, uncanon.com and uncannyxmen.net!

She-Ra & the Princesses of Power

Did you see the Dr. Strange Movie from the 70's? Me neither, but I'm sure someone did. Come here to talk about Movies and TV
EvilMonkeyPope

She-Ra & the Princesses of Power

Post by EvilMonkeyPope » 21 Nov 2018, 00:43

Binge the She-Ra reboot over Thanksgiving if you hunger for ADVENTURE!
https://mattthecatania.wordpress.com/20 ... or-she-ra/

Milkshake08

Re: She-Ra & the Princesses of Power

Post by Milkshake08 » 21 Nov 2018, 01:37

I'm halfway through and feel bad because I find this all kinds of OK. Like, it's a little bland for me. But I never liked He-Man or She-Ra to be fair. The names are just so ridiculous.

That said, the character redesigns for most of them are great. I like Bow a lot, and She-Ra, Catra, Glimmer, and Frostra look great. I like Entraptra a lot (though she also had a great old design). Scorpia is also fun. Shadow Weaver looked better in the old series, and maybe she gets better later i this show but so far she's a snooze for me other than her great voice actress. Adora also has a great voice actress. Glimmer annoys the piss out of me. I just wish it was at least up to Voltron or Avatar levels in its storytelling. It feels too much a kids show...and by that I mean it dumbs down a lot of plots in ways that are condescending to its audience. I mean, I like MLP better, for example.

EvilMonkeyPope

Post by EvilMonkeyPope » 05 May 2019, 22:40

My biggest complaint about season two is that it's too short!
https://mattthecatania.wordpress.com/20 ... t-shorted/

EvilMonkeyPope

Post by EvilMonkeyPope » 04 Aug 2019, 21:12

"Season three"( a.k.a. the back half of season two) finally arrived!
https://mattthecatania.wordpress.com/20 ... -the-wait/

Magik84

Post by Magik84 » 05 Aug 2019, 19:37

I agree the season 2/3 works better if you just watch them as one season.

Love this show and all the designs! Even just details like Micah being shorter than Angela. I love that everyone looks very distinct.

I will say it took me a while to get into it, it wasn't until the second half of season 1 that I started wanting to watch more episodes in 1 sitting.
X-Editorial Draft: Prodigy, Vange Whedon, lil' Iceman, Wallflower, Cecelia Reyes, Mimic, U-Go Girl, Doc Samson, Nature Girl

Milkshake08

Post by Milkshake08 » 08 Aug 2019, 20:06

The second and third seasons just keep getting better. I wonder if they are going to introduce He-Man and Eternia? They are building towards her origin story. What they've done with Catra, Scorpia, and Angela has been amazing, and I love Bow. Glimmer is...growing on me.

UrbanExplorer

Post by UrbanExplorer » 08 Aug 2019, 20:19

I haven’t watched a single episode so far, cause I am a classic, anti-remake guy when it comes to cartoons.

How (sorry) „girlish“ is it? A mix of Gilmore Girls 3 minutes talking without pause, and a Disney channel sitcom?

Or does it have a serious note?

Milkshake08

Post by Milkshake08 » 10 Aug 2019, 17:51

The first season is QUITE "girlish." Like, little girl. Which is why I wasn't a fan at first. The subsequent seasons have been more in line with other great cartoon "epics" like Voltron, Last Airbender, and X-Men Evolution. It also gets way more queer towards the end of season one and continues in that vein.

UrbanExplorer

Post by UrbanExplorer » 10 Aug 2019, 18:08

Thanks, Milkshake. I might give it a try.

UrbanExplorer

Post by UrbanExplorer » 11 Aug 2019, 17:54

Oh my gawd...