Welcome to unstablemolecules.com, the discussion home for mightyavengers.net, uncanon.com and uncannyxmen.net!

Disney Streaming New Marvel Shows

Did you see the Dr. Strange Movie from the 70's? Me neither, but I'm sure someone did. Come here to talk about Movies and TV
LimboMaster

Re: Disney Streaming New Marvel Shows

Post by LimboMaster » 21 May 2019, 18:44

I don't see how unless either
Spoiler: show
The significance of the whole shield bequest is ignored (i.e., it's not used) OR the Falcon is flying around with a star-spangled shield (which is just weird).
But the MCU writers rarely fail to impress me with their attention to detail so I'm sure I'm just not creative enough to anticipate how to pull this off as post-Endgame. That's why I asked. Any specific ideas as to how it can work as post-Endgame?

Blackcyclops

Post by Blackcyclops » 21 May 2019, 19:07

It could be him coming to terms with it...that’s not ignoring the ending. I mean he was given something but that still leaves open him owning up to that responsibility and the haters, dealing with his own doubt and then finally taking charge in that identity. That all respects the poignancy of the moment from the film but realistically explores the consequences of that happening for both men.

I personally loved the visual of Sam and that item flying around though, so that isn’t an issue for me.
Morrison Era 2001-2005, Decimation Era from 2005-2012, Bendis Era 2012-2016, M-Pox era 2016-2017, and Resurrxion 2017-2019, Hickman Era 2019-?

EvilMonkeyPope

Post by EvilMonkeyPope » 21 May 2019, 23:32

GIVE ZEMO HIS COSTUME, COWARDS!

EphemeristX

Post by EphemeristX » 22 May 2019, 16:34

I'd be surprised if they ever gave him his mask. He'll end up looking like that guy from the Cosby Kids.
http://dancehall-daze.tumblr.com

"Take your baby by the ears
And play upon her darkest fears"

LimboMaster

Post by LimboMaster » 12 Jul 2019, 21:21

Blackcyclops wrote:
21 May 2019, 18:17
I mean everything said about the F&WS make me bekieve its post-Endgame and deals with Sam and Buck embracing the legacy.
It just occurred to me that I have no idea how
Cap's shield became intact again (to be given to Falcon) since it was destroyed in the battle with Thanos.
Are we to assume it came from an alternate reality?

tokenBG1009

Post by tokenBG1009 » 12 Jul 2019, 21:29

LimboMaster wrote:
12 Jul 2019, 21:21
Blackcyclops wrote:
21 May 2019, 18:17
I mean everything said about the F&WS make me bekieve its post-Endgame and deals with Sam and Buck embracing the legacy.
It just occurred to me that I have no idea how
Cap's shield became intact again (to be given to Falcon) since it was destroyed in the battle with Thanos.
Are we to assume it came from an alternate reality?
Yes
"Sometimes I do feel like I'm a failure. Like there's no hope for me. But even so, I'm not gonna give up. Ever!" -Izuku Midoriya

UrbanExplorer

Post by UrbanExplorer » 12 Jul 2019, 21:40

What came from an alternate...

Oh Jesus, I read it.

Nu-D

Post by Nu-D » 15 Jul 2019, 20:06

In current MCU continuity, there’s really no pre-Infinity War window for Falcon and Winter Soldier to have a team up.

EvilMonkeyPope

Post by EvilMonkeyPope » 16 Jul 2019, 01:13

What if the X-Men are introduced into the MCU at the end of WandaVision by Scarlet Witch saying "More mutants"?

Cable

Post by Cable » 23 Aug 2019, 21:50

Newest show being added is Ms Marvel. Bisha Ali will be showrunner.
Best X-Comic last week: Powers of X #4
Best non X-Comic last week: Silver Surfer Black #4

Spectral Knight

Post by Spectral Knight » 23 Aug 2019, 22:29

Okay, that's a bit left-field, but could be interesting. I wonder if Brie Larson will be appearing as her mentor / subject of hero worship, as I believe she's pushed for including the character in the MCU.

EvilMonkeyPope

Post by EvilMonkeyPope » 23 Aug 2019, 22:32

Will it reference Inhumans?

bamf

Post by bamf » 23 Aug 2019, 23:55

Moon Knight and She Hulk also announced!!!
https://www.comicbookmovie.com/hulk/moo ... os-a170194
Thunderbolts: Winter Soldier, Agent Venom, Mystique, Arachne, Paladin, Black Cat, Ant-Man, Luke Cage, Kraven

Avengers International: Captain America, Hercules, Storm, Beetle, Doctor Strange, Nightcrawler, Iron Patriot

Nu-D

Post by Nu-D » 24 Aug 2019, 01:31

Cable wrote:
23 Aug 2019, 21:50
I just hope these shows are premium quality, closer to the Netflix shows than the CW shows. After this announcement, I’m sure to give Disney+ a try. But if the production is low budget, they’re not going to keep me very long.

bamf

Post by bamf » 24 Aug 2019, 02:02

Judging solely by the Madelorian trailer, I have high hopes.
Thunderbolts: Winter Soldier, Agent Venom, Mystique, Arachne, Paladin, Black Cat, Ant-Man, Luke Cage, Kraven

Avengers International: Captain America, Hercules, Storm, Beetle, Doctor Strange, Nightcrawler, Iron Patriot

Spectral Knight

Post by Spectral Knight » 24 Aug 2019, 02:04

Sold on a Moon Knight series, especially if it dives into his psychological background, could be intense.
Nu-D wrote:
24 Aug 2019, 01:31
Cable wrote:
I just hope these shows are premium quality, closer to the Netflix shows than the CW shows. After this announcement, I’m sure to give Disney+ a try. But if the production is low budget, they’re not going to keep me very long.
I think Ms Marvel and She-Hulk will definitely need a big chunk of cash to progress, as both are very much dependent on visual FX to work. I think Moon Knight could be done on the same sort of budget as Daredevil or Iron Fist.

Do we think these properties will cross over with other existing Marvel movies / TV.

Big one for me is whether or not Moon Knight would be part of the "Adventure into Fear" branding, allowing a natural cross-over with Ghost Rider and Hellstorm (or Blade?!)

And who wouldn't want to see Jen Walters go up against Chalie Cox's Daredevil on a case? I'm still disappointed we didn't get to see Hogarth vs Murdock in court at least once.

Anna Raven

Post by Anna Raven » 24 Aug 2019, 03:16

SHE HULK!!!!!!
Marvel vs DC Draft: Wonder Woman|Thor|Ares - DC|Shazam!|Hercules|Loki|Dream of the Endless|Valkyrie|Ares - Marvel
Thunderbolts Draft: Punisher|Black Cat|Moon Knight(as Kraven the Hunter)|Diamondback|Taskmaster|Domino|Nuke|Trickshot |Jolt|Troll

tokenBG1009

Post by tokenBG1009 » 24 Aug 2019, 04:31

Disney+ is going to be a comic fan's dream.
"Sometimes I do feel like I'm a failure. Like there's no hope for me. But even so, I'm not gonna give up. Ever!" -Izuku Midoriya

EvilMonkeyPope

Post by EvilMonkeyPope » 24 Aug 2019, 04:41

I'm both excited for a She-Hulk TV series & terrified of how easy it'd be to screw it up.

tokenBG1009

Post by tokenBG1009 » 24 Aug 2019, 04:48

EvilMonkeyPope wrote:
24 Aug 2019, 04:41
I'm both excited for a She-Hulk TV series & terrified of how easy it'd be to screw it up.
I feel like "police procedural with superpowers" could be amazing.

Blackcyclops

Post by Blackcyclops » 24 Aug 2019, 13:39

Spectral Knight wrote:
24 Aug 2019, 02:04
Sold on a Moon Knight series, especially if it dives into his psychological background, could be intense.
Nu-D wrote:
Cable wrote:
I think Ms Marvel and She-Hulk will definitely need a big chunk of cash to progress, as both are very much dependent on visual FX to work. I think Moon Knight could be done on the same sort of budget as Daredevil or Iron Fist.

Do we think these properties will cross over with other existing Marvel movies / TV.

Big one for me is whether or not Moon Knight would be part of the "Adventure into Fear" branding, allowing a natural cross-over with Ghost Rider and Hellstorm (or Blade?!)

And who wouldn't want to see Jen Walters go up against Chalie Cox's Daredevil on a case? I'm still disappointed we didn't get to see Hogarth vs Murdock in court at least once.
I think there’s a difference between overall production value and special effects quality. I want the production value to be closer to the Netflix series but I’m 100% okay with special effects that hews closer to the CW shows. Production value (costuming, sets, camera work, etc) is key to how serious people will take the show so I definitely want that on the high end. Whereas with special effects, I’m fine with stuff that looks alil hokey at time...and really She-Hulk could be done with minimum special effects if you find a tall, burly woman to play her. And
Morrison Era 2001-2005, Decimation Era from 2005-2012, Bendis Era 2012-2016, M-Pox era 2016-2017, and Resurrxion 2017-2019, Hickman Era 2019-?

P-90

Post by P-90 » 24 Aug 2019, 13:43

I've been waiting for a live action Moon Knight for over a decade so I'm really happy about this, hopefully he'll be as close to the comics version as is possible.
'A shared universe, like any fictional construct, hinges on suspension of disbelief. When continuity is tossed away, it tatters the construct. Undermines it'

Spectral Knight

Post by Spectral Knight » 24 Aug 2019, 15:03

Blackcyclops wrote:
24 Aug 2019, 13:39
Spectral Knight wrote:
24 Aug 2019, 02:04
Nu-D wrote:

I think there’s a difference between overall production value and special effects quality. I want the production value to be closer to the Netflix series but I’m 100% okay with special effects that hews closer to the CW shows. Production value (costuming, sets, camera work, etc) is key to how serious people will take the show so I definitely want that on the high end. Whereas with special effects, I’m fine with stuff that looks alil hokey at time...and really She-Hulk could be done with minimum special effects if you find a tall, burly woman to play her. And
I agree that production value doesn't always equal fx effects, but it's also something that needs to be factored in. If I look at the Netflix MCU shows, I don't think Luke or Jess's strength was consistently shown particularly well, but as they had a much tighter story it didn't matter so much. I think we should expect more explicit demonstrations of Jen's strength, not just that she's big and green skinned. If I think of Ms Marvel, her "embiggening" needs to be factored in, alongside her more Mr Fantastic type applications of her power.

Comparatively, Moon Knight is much more about fight choreography.

XtremeOne1

Post by XtremeOne1 » 24 Aug 2019, 15:08

This is Marvel STudios, not Marvel TV. I don't think we'll be seeing CW production style on these shows. From the Star Wars trailer alone it seems pretty clear they have great quality.

If these shows are hits, in a few years we might be getting a pretty nice batch of X-Men shows. I mean, I'm almost certain we'll see an X-Factor: Investigation TV shows.

EvilMonkeyPope

Post by EvilMonkeyPope » 24 Aug 2019, 20:14

The CW has great production values on a weekly basis. We get at least one fantastic superpower scene per episode of The Flash & Supergirl. So I'd prefer She-Hulk to follow in the CW vein over the realistic yet completely dull Marvel?Netflix.