Welcome to unstablemolecules.com, the discussion home for mightyavengers.net, uncanon.com and uncannyxmen.net!

Iron Fist Season 2

Did you see the Dr. Strange Movie from the 70's? Me neither, but I'm sure someone did. Come here to talk about Movies and TV
EvilMonkeyPope

Re: Iron Fist Season 2

Post by EvilMonkeyPope » 12 Sep 2018, 01:20

I was unprepared for how good this was. Get me a Typhoid Mary series STAT!
https://mattthecatania.wordpress.com/20 ... ker-punch/

Anna Raven

Post by Anna Raven » 12 Sep 2018, 02:05

Blackcyclops wrote:
12 Sep 2018, 00:53
EphemeristX wrote:
11 Sep 2018, 16:06
Loved this season. The Iron Fist mythos is being explored, and really, it's the most interesting mythos of all of the Defenders shows. I finally finished it last night, and I enjoyed the hell out of the whole thing. 10 episodes was a great number because, for once, I felt like I needed more. There wasn't that dragging middle arc that nobody cares about this time.

I'm still hoping Mary Walker ends up having powers. She was in Sokovia, after all. It's possible she was experimented on alongside Quicksilver and Scarlet Witch (and that maybe her powers are an unstable precursor to Wanda's). Bloody Mary may end up being the powered one.

Also, when Colleen's fist went white, I legit whooped. And then she channeled it through her sword! And then Danny got the Orson Randall pistols! And the seven mystical cities thing is being explored! I had such a good time!

I just want an 8 episode season 3 that's just a big martials art tournament...
And give us Fat Cobra!!
Editorial Draft Results: Rogue | Magneto | Mystique | Sabretooth | Madelyn Prior | Lady Deathstrike | Blink | Peggy Carter | Vanisher | Dead Girl | Jimmy Hudson | Wither | Guardian

EvilMonkeyPope

Post by EvilMonkeyPope » 13 Sep 2018, 22:39

EphemeristX wrote:
11 Sep 2018, 16:06
I'm still hoping Mary Walker ends up having powers. She was in Sokovia, after all. It's possible she was experimented on alongside Quicksilver and Scarlet Witch (and that maybe her powers are an unstable precursor to Wanda's). Bloody Mary may end up being the powered one.
Walker remembers being tortured specifically by Sokovians not HYDRA, who merely had a secret base in the country. If her powers are from an experiment it’d be less of a continuity hiccup if the US military/IGH were responsible.

EphemeristX

Post by EphemeristX » 13 Sep 2018, 23:19

Easily explained away as her having a whole host of mental problems and suffering torture at their hands. She was in Sokovia, the people who tortured her weren't "us" (that we know of), ergo, she said Sokovians.
http://dancehall-daze.tumblr.com

"Take your baby by the ears
And play upon her darkest fears"

EvilMonkeyPope

Post by EvilMonkeyPope » 13 Sep 2018, 23:49

It's doable but awkward. Since sometimes the Defenders shows don't even say the Avengers' names, I don't think we'll get any references to HYDRA or Loki's Mind Stone scepter. As far as crossovers go, I'd be more interested in Mary going up against Zemo.

Nu-D

Post by Nu-D » 18 Sep 2018, 21:26

Just started this now, and watched the recap. I don’t mind if there’s no season 2 of Defenders, but I hope we’ll continue to get lots of crossovers and guest appearances. These characters should be on regular speaking terms.

EphemeristX

Post by EphemeristX » 19 Sep 2018, 02:50

Crossovers are the best cure for mid-season blues. They should all be showing up in eachothers' shows (once DD is back in action).

Blackcyclops

Post by Blackcyclops » 19 Sep 2018, 13:10

I will say these actors really really shine together. Moreso than even the Arrowverse folks...
I'm Team Remender, Waid, Hickman and Gillen

My X-Men Draft Picks:
Prof. X, Legion, Polaris, Quicksilver, Meggan, Deadpool, Pixie, and Danger

Nu-D

Post by Nu-D » 19 Sep 2018, 18:58

Police code 616: possible suspect with abilities.

EvilMonkeyPope

Post by EvilMonkeyPope » 19 Sep 2018, 21:00

I appreciated how the back-half became Daughters Of The Dragon!

Nu-D

Post by Nu-D » 21 Sep 2018, 00:32

The relationship drama between Wing and Rand is really unconvincing. “Train me.” “It will ruin our relationship.” Why? How? This is a terrible case of telling, not showing.

Generally, I’m pretty bored with this. I’ve had a hard time getting through eps. 6 and 7. I really dislike Davos. Danny and Ward being BFFs makes no sense, since last season it was established they didn’t like each other even as kids.

Currently I’m liking this less than season 1. Even though it doesn’t have some of the production and acting flaws, the writing just bores and/or irritates me.

sambadaemon

Post by sambadaemon » 13 Oct 2018, 14:29

Damn, it survived that horrendous first season, got exponentially better, and now this: https://deadline.com/2018/10/marvel-iro ... 202482048/

Anna Raven

Post by Anna Raven » 13 Oct 2018, 19:05

I guess I don't understand how their deal with Marvel/Disney works. Do they have exclusive rights to these characters the way Sony and Fox did with X-Men and Spider-Man? If so it seems like it would behoove them to keep making seasons of Iron Fist, regardless of how good/bad/successful they are, just so they'll hang on to the rights before Disney's own streaming service becomes a competitor of theirs.
Editorial Draft Results: Rogue | Magneto | Mystique | Sabretooth | Madelyn Prior | Lady Deathstrike | Blink | Peggy Carter | Vanisher | Dead Girl | Jimmy Hudson | Wither | Guardian

EvilMonkeyPope

Post by EvilMonkeyPope » 13 Oct 2018, 22:26

I'm okay with this if Netflix replaces it with a Daughters of the Dragon, Heroes For Hire, more Defenders, or Typhoid Mary series.

WorldWideWade

Post by WorldWideWade » 15 Oct 2018, 04:04

I was okay with the cancellation when I realized Netflix would never give the necessary budget for a proper season based on the Immortal Iron Fist run. I figure Danny and Colleen will be rolled into another show and I don't care about any of the other characters anyway.
Current Pull List
Uncanny X-men, Iceman, Mr & Mrs X, Runaways, West Coast Avengers, Champions, Ms Marvel, Dr Strange, Fantastic Four

Nu-D

Post by Nu-D » 15 Oct 2018, 14:44

WorldWideWade wrote:
15 Oct 2018, 04:04
I was okay with the cancellation when I realized Netflix would never give the necessary budget for a proper season based on the Immortal Iron Fist run. I figure Danny and Colleen will be rolled into another show and I don't care about any of the other characters anyway.
+1.

The only parts of this show I would miss in are Colleen Wing, and to a lesser extent Danny. If they keep appearing in the other Netflix shows, that’s good enough for me.

EphemeristX

Post by EphemeristX » 15 Oct 2018, 15:38

I think the overall additions to MU lore are the most valuable thing this show has done. Rolling Luke Cage and Iron Fist into HfH and moving it over to the Disney service would be a pretty slick move. It's going to be harder to justify that for JJ and DD, though. (And Punisher too.)

The question is, if only some of them roll over to Disney, would they still be okay to do crossover stuff? Because, honestly, that's the best part of both LC and IF.

Nu-D

Post by Nu-D » 15 Oct 2018, 15:50

Oh, and Misty. I’d hate for her to disappear.

EphemeristX

Post by EphemeristX » 15 Oct 2018, 16:02

Well, Misty has Luke, at least. And JJ and DD, honestly. But I did love her focus here.

kalibeast

Post by kalibeast » 17 Oct 2018, 23:00

Mary, Colleen, and Misty were the reasons to watch this series. I hope they turn up elsewhere.

Spectral Knight

Post by Spectral Knight » 27 Oct 2018, 15:41

Just finished S2. What a turn around from an okay season one (I enjoyed it, but it clearly was the worst of the Netflix openers, with a number of issues) to being probably one of the best season endings of all the Netflix shows to date.

So many good things - Colleen channelling the Iron Fist through her katana, Ward actually becoming a likeable character, Joy reversing his journey, Danny not being half as much as a naive optimist as the first season, and finally, those guns.

Alice Eve was also a tremendous Mary Walker. Shane we didn't get to see her go full typhoid, or even Bloody Mary but can't help but think she will show up again soon.

With both Cage + IF being cancelled I hope there will be a Heroes for Hire team-up show, if only so we get more Daughters of the Dragon scenes
X-Editorial:
X-Nation: Psylocke, Siryn, Fantomex, Meggan, Toad, Motormouth, Micromax, Pete Wisdom
Uncanny X-Force: Psylocke, Siryn, Fantomex, Warpath, Maverick, Vindicator, Caliban, Omega Red, Pete Wisdom