Welcome to unstablemolecules.com, the discussion home for mightyavengers.net, uncanon.com and uncannyxmen.net!

Titans Trailer

Did you see the Dr. Strange Movie from the 70's? Me neither, but I'm sure someone did. Come here to talk about Movies and TV
Blackcyclops

Titans Trailer

Post by Blackcyclops » 19 Jul 2018, 20:35

I'm Team Remender, Waid, Hickman and Gillen

My X-Men Draft Picks:
Prof. X, Legion, Polaris, Quicksilver, Meggan, Deadpool, Pixie, and Danger

EphemeristX

Re: Titans Trailer

Post by EphemeristX » 20 Jul 2018, 02:24

That trailer looked like hot garbage. And DC Streaming wants you to sign up for a YEAR?! For $75?! HA.
http://dancehall-daze.tumblr.com

"Take your baby by the ears
And play upon her darkest fears"

Anna Raven

Post by Anna Raven » 20 Jul 2018, 02:42

This looks awwwwwwwwful.
Editorial Draft Results: Rogue | Magneto | Mystique | Sabretooth | Madelyn Prior | Lady Deathstrike | Blink | Peggy Carter | Vanisher | Dead Girl | Jimmy Hudson | Wither | Guardian

Blackcyclops

Post by Blackcyclops » 20 Jul 2018, 02:42

Way too dark...both literally and figuratively. I mean it's just a trailer but it gives me no where near the feeling Cloak & Dagger's trailer did.

My X-Men Draft Picks:

EphemeristX

Post by EphemeristX » 20 Jul 2018, 04:15

They're literally just filming in the dark to hide their cheap, cheap special effects and scenery budget.

Milkshake08

Post by Milkshake08 » 20 Jul 2018, 04:24

Yeah, I'm no DC fan but Raven and Grayson are two of my favorites and I was like....wtf is this? It looks so generic and bad.

Blackcyclops

Post by Blackcyclops » 20 Jul 2018, 04:54

If this is what we're going to get from DC's streaming service then they can kiss my arse.

CBS gave us the best Star Trek in forever on their streaming service. So I won't lower my expectations like that...

My X-Men Draft Picks:

tokenBG1009

Post by tokenBG1009 » 20 Jul 2018, 04:59

Wow, that looks...

That's bad. Everything is bad. Dick Grayson, a character who generally is much less violent and less maimy than Batman is basically killing people in the streets. Dove is slicing handstrings I assume, but it honestly looks way too violent for a character that's about peace. (Yes, I know she can fight, but this doesn't look right. It's more what I'd expect from... Batman.) Starfire... is possibly burning people to death, I'm not sure what's happening and she looks pretty bad. Beast Boy looks alright and I'm pretty okay with Raven I suppose.

Yeah, it's just a trailer, but it's a pretty crappy first foot forward. I'm beginning to think DC has a mindset that superheroes can't be fun anymore. That people are ONLY into the Nolan type hero movies where everything is dark and violent.
A League of Their Own!

I wish I could write fanfiction...

Cosmos666

Post by Cosmos666 » 20 Jul 2018, 14:47

I have so many problems here:
  • Dick is too violent and too old to still be Robin. Why not Nightwing if you're going to make him a policeman?
  • Starfire looks like a streetwalker. I know it's a character that is very sexually liberated but she looks cheap and that wig is tragic.
  • I found hilarious that there wasn't any shots of Beast Boy using his powers. With how awful the VFX looks here I can't wait to see the mess they will come up for him.
  • Dove being violent is however so much worse than Dick being violent. It goes against the freaking core of the character.
  • Surprisingly, I have no problem with Raven. She actually looks like a good adaptation of the concept.
  • The age spread of over 15 years between the four mains is bothering me.
I literally have no idea where this is going. But I don't feel optimistic about it.

EphemeristX

Post by EphemeristX » 20 Jul 2018, 15:17

I think the Robin bits are his past, and current Dick is a cop who's tried to put the vigilante life behind him. Then he becomes Nightwing.

Beast Boy is 100% going to be given a Vixen makeover. "Strength of bear!". Either that or they'll cut away and a green housecat or whatever will bound onto the screen.

Dove is baffling, though.

Anna Raven

Post by Anna Raven » 20 Jul 2018, 16:43

I think it's hilarious they ripped off the worst line, from one of the worst Pre-MCU movies: Spider-Man 3 when Toby says "The darkness, it feels good."

Also this: https://www.reddit.com/r/TwoBestFriends ... an_we_all/
Editorial Draft Results: Rogue | Magneto | Mystique | Sabretooth | Madelyn Prior | Lady Deathstrike | Blink | Peggy Carter | Vanisher | Dead Girl | Jimmy Hudson | Wither | Guardian

das_boot

Post by das_boot » 21 Jul 2018, 12:27

MARVELS INHUMANS: there will never be a worse wig than Medusa’s!

DC’s TITANS: Hold Starfire’s beer...
Marvel Fantasy League Team: Laura Kinney, James Howlett, Domino, Luke Cage, Magik, Black Bolt, Sentry, Dazzler, Nick Fury, Dazzler, Hawkeye (not the Hawkguy)

EvilMonkeyPope

Post by EvilMonkeyPope » 24 Jul 2018, 00:19

Teen Titans looks like it’s trying way too hard to be the Watchmen movie, & I say this as someone who likes the Watchmen movie. It’s as if they didn’t get the memo that the movies finally got. I laughed so hard at Robin cursing. (Batman’s got a utility pouch filled with Bat-soap just for him.) It’d be fine if this was Hit-Girl Damien Wayne or Jason Todd, but Dick Grayson shouldn’t be so violent. That fur coat just looks wrong on Starfire. Even Dove, whose whole deal is pacifism, is slicing crooks up! They seem to be on the right track with spooky Raven, but she’s going to be overshadowed if all her teammates are grimdark murderers. Young Justice: Outsiders looks much better in comparison. (Now will they tell us what Vandal Savage’s masterplan is?) If you want one but not the other, you still have to pay $75 per year or $8 per month.
https://mattthecatania.wordpress.com/20 ... uck-again/

Anna Raven

Post by Anna Raven » 24 Jul 2018, 02:58

EvilMonkeyPope wrote:
24 Jul 2018, 00:19
It’d be fine if this was Hit-Girl Damien Wayne or Jason Todd, but Dick Grayson shouldn’t be so violent.
Speaking of that, this meme is hilarious.

das_boot

Post by das_boot » 24 Jul 2018, 09:14

Poor Coco
Marvel Fantasy League Team: Laura Kinney, James Howlett, Domino, Luke Cage, Magik, Black Bolt, Sentry, Dazzler, Nick Fury, Dazzler, Hawkeye (not the Hawkguy)

Nu-D

Post by Nu-D » 29 Jul 2018, 12:55

Eh, teen angst with a horror theme. Looks about the same as the CW line up. As a 40-something, I am not the target audience. If I was, then they missed the target by a mile.

Blackcyclops

Post by Blackcyclops » 29 Jul 2018, 15:23

Nu-D wrote:
29 Jul 2018, 12:55
Eh, teen angst with a horror theme. Looks about the same as the CW line up. As a 40-something, I am not the target audience. If I was, then they missed the target by a mile.
That’s an insult to CW to say that with a straight face.

Not only does the actually quality look worse (seen better demonic stuff on Supernatural if we’re being honest)but they appear to have even less fidelity to the source material as well...

I’ll take the CW’s Gorilla Grodd and King Shark (or ridiculously fun Legends) over sh***y wigged Starfire and Grimdark Robin anyday...but maybe that’s just me

My X-Men Draft Picks:

EvilMonkeyPope

Post by EvilMonkeyPope » 29 Jul 2018, 21:16

Everybody would take Grodd & King Shark over this. That's why they're getting a team-up episode this season.

Blackcyclops

Post by Blackcyclops » 29 Jul 2018, 22:01

EvilMonkeyPope wrote:
29 Jul 2018, 21:16
Everybody would take Grodd & King Shark over this. That's why they're getting a team-up episode this season.

Oh s***!!!!

My X-Men Draft Picks: