Welcome to unstablemolecules.com, the discussion home for mightyavengers.net, uncanon.com and uncannyxmen.net!

Kitty Pryde: The Movie?

Did you see the Dr. Strange Movie from the 70's? Me neither, but I'm sure someone did. Come here to talk about Movies and TV
Anna Raven

Kitty Pryde: The Movie?

Post by Anna Raven » 09 Jan 2018, 17:50

Oh no. Das is NOT gonna be happy with this one.

http://comicbook.com/marvel/2018/01/09/ ... elopment-/
Editorial Draft Results: Rogue | Magneto | Mystique | Sabretooth | Madelyn Prior | Lady Deathstrike | Blink | Peggy Carter | Vanisher | Dead Girl | Jimmy Hudson | Wither | Guardian

EphemeristX

Re: Kitty Pryde: The Movie?

Post by EphemeristX » 09 Jan 2018, 20:25

Oh my god. If a Kitty Pryde movie is greenlight and it actually is successful... well, honestly, it may help rehabilitate the comic character. But that's crazy if someone like Kitty can carry a film. Her powers could be pretty cool in a movie, tbh.
http://dancehall-daze.tumblr.com

"Take your baby by the ears
And play upon her darkest fears"

ev82

Post by ev82 » 10 Jan 2018, 00:43

I don’t hate kitty by any means, but she is the last female character that should get a solo.
X-Men Editorial Draft
X-Men: Magik|Cannonball|Psylocke|Thunderbird II|Gentile|Petra
All New X-Factor: Havok|Frenzy|Forge|Sunfire|Bloodstorm(Mutant X)|Wild Child|Cipher

Anna Raven

Post by Anna Raven » 10 Jan 2018, 00:46

Would it feature other X-Men? Colossus? Wolverine? Magik? Who would be the villain? Ogun? Stryker? Hellfire Club era Emma?

It would HAVE to include Lockheed right?
Editorial Draft Results: Rogue | Magneto | Mystique | Sabretooth | Madelyn Prior | Lady Deathstrike | Blink | Peggy Carter | Vanisher | Dead Girl | Jimmy Hudson | Wither | Guardian

MrFOOM

Post by MrFOOM » 10 Jan 2018, 00:55

Seems like a huge stretch for a movie. I feel like the X-Men should be team movies. I don't think any of them should be getting Solos unless theyre Wolverine (and even then, he's pretty much done). I'd much rather see the different X teams (like X Force for example). I wouldn't mind a Kitty led modern day X-Men movie though, especially if it had Colossus et al.
Fantasy Draft: Doctor Strange, Hulk, Namor, Venom, Mr. Immortal (off), Professor X, Old Man Logan, Honey Badger, Mary Jane Watson, Thanos, Cosmic Ghost Rider (on).

Cosmos666

Post by Cosmos666 » 10 Jan 2018, 05:07

Frankly anything announced from now on has little possibility of going into production. Between writing, pre-production, filming and post-production Fox will be already part of Disney when this actually happens.

XtremeOne1

Post by XtremeOne1 » 10 Jan 2018, 06:07

I'm hoping this is a comedy where Kitty is a "woke" teen, who crashes funerals to shout out racial slurs. Kitty will be a Brookyln-ite who explains to PoC/transgendered people about white privilege and the struggle of minorities. She'll write a feminist blog, where she laments the struggle of the white feminist. Basically, it can be a Lena Dunham bio.

Spectral Knight

Post by Spectral Knight » 10 Jan 2018, 13:32

Eugh. Really?
X-Editorial:
X-Nation: Psylocke, Siryn, Fantomex, Meggan, Toad, Motormouth, Micromax, Pete Wisdom
Uncanny X-Force: Psylocke, Siryn, Fantomex, Warpath, Maverick, Vindicator, Caliban, Omega Red, Pete Wisdom

XtremeOne1

Post by XtremeOne1 » 13 Feb 2018, 21:35

Kitty Pryde: The Movie Written by Brian Michael Bendis.

You win, universe!

http://www.vulture.com/2018/02/kitty-pr ... iller.html

AntiBody

Post by AntiBody » 13 Feb 2018, 22:18

XtremeOne1 wrote:
13 Feb 2018, 21:35

You win, universe!

EWW.
Guardians Of The Galaxy Draft: Nova (Richard Rider), Quasar (Wendell Vaughn), Moondragon, Darkhawk, Plutonia, Hiroim, Ikon, Malik Tarcel, Manta
Nemeses: The Fraternity of Raptors

ev82

Post by ev82 » 14 Feb 2018, 05:22

AntiBody wrote:
13 Feb 2018, 22:18
XtremeOne1 wrote:
13 Feb 2018, 21:35

You win, universe!

EWW.EWW.EWW.EWW.EWW.EWW.EWW.EWW.EWW.EWW.EWW.EWW.EWW.EWW.EWW.EWW.EWW.EWW.EWW.EWW.EWW.EWW.EWW.EWW.EWW.EWW.EWW.EWW.EWW.EWW.
X-Men Editorial Draft
X-Men: Magik|Cannonball|Psylocke|Thunderbird II|Gentile|Petra
All New X-Factor: Havok|Frenzy|Forge|Sunfire|Bloodstorm(Mutant X)|Wild Child|Cipher

Blackcyclops

Post by Blackcyclops » 14 Feb 2018, 05:45

Idk...if you mirrored the actual comic and played it like a horror film like NM film it would be really cool. I think it’s one of CC’s best single issues in that patch of comics.
I'm Team Remender, Waid, Hickman and Gillen

My X-Men Draft Picks:
Prof. X, Legion, Polaris, Quicksilver, Meggan, Deadpool, Pixie, and Danger

EphemeristX

Post by EphemeristX » 14 Feb 2018, 06:27

It could be like Alien meets The Babysitter.
http://dancehall-daze.tumblr.com

"Take your baby by the ears
And play upon her darkest fears"

das_boot

Post by das_boot » 16 Feb 2018, 00:12

Kill it with fucking fire
Marvel Fantasy League Team: Laura Kinney, James Howlett, Domino, Luke Cage, Magik, Black Bolt, Sentry, Dazzler, Nick Fury, Dazzler, Hawkeye (not the Hawkguy)

LockheedAndLoaded

Post by LockheedAndLoaded » 08 Mar 2018, 06:34

They could just mix different aspects of Kitty's history. The whole thing could be Kitty, Cypher, and Karma (kind of like how Colossus and NTW were in Deadpool's solo movie) going to Japan to help out her dad when he's in too deep (Like Kitty Pryde and Wolverine, but without Wolverine). It could start off in her college days, but with less weird black leather outfits (the X-Men movies have too many of those anyways). Ogun's the big bad behind it all. He could summon an interdimensional demon at some point, and we could have a scene like the whole Christmas Issue (honestly, I don't think a semi-ripoff of Alien can hold a film, as much as it makes a fun comic). There would be ninjas, training, trippy magical shit and maybe some kind of love triangle that doesn't include Scott, Jean, or Logan. I'm trying to figure out where Lockheed would fit in this, but this could be a solid movie with the right characters who can play off of one another.
I am Lockheed, dragon from space and slayer of untold Brood (may they burn in the fires of the Black Sun for all eternity).

_Rick_

Post by _Rick_ » 08 Mar 2018, 22:23

I could see her being good for a low key spy movie. Her powers and abilities are basically tailor made for that (intangibility to slip past defenses, electrical disruption to disable security systems, hacking to get information and martial arts to take down her oponents). It's the perfect combination of useful without being too flashy or overpowered. Plus, Shadowcat is a cool codename for a spy.

Blackcyclops

Post by Blackcyclops » 08 Mar 2018, 22:50

I would really prefer if it was a horror movie style thing...Kitty i the mansion alone with a monster.
I'm Team Remender, Waid, Hickman and Gillen

My X-Men Draft Picks:
Prof. X, Legion, Polaris, Quicksilver, Meggan, Deadpool, Pixie, and Danger

das_boot

Post by das_boot » 09 Mar 2018, 11:15

Blackcyclops wrote:
08 Mar 2018, 22:50
I would really prefer if it was a horror movie style thing...Kitty i the mansion alone with a monster.
I hope the monster wins. And by the monster, I actually don’t mean Shadowcat.
Marvel Fantasy League Team: Laura Kinney, James Howlett, Domino, Luke Cage, Magik, Black Bolt, Sentry, Dazzler, Nick Fury, Dazzler, Hawkeye (not the Hawkguy)

RingOtaku

Post by RingOtaku » 09 Mar 2018, 18:25

_Rick_ wrote:
08 Mar 2018, 22:23
I could see her being good for a low key spy movie. Her powers and abilities are basically tailor made for that (intangibility to slip past defenses, electrical disruption to disable security systems, hacking to get information and martial arts to take down her oponents). It's the perfect combination of useful without being too flashy or overpowered. Plus, Shadowcat is a cool codename for a spy.
Reminds me of the old Read or Die movie.
D20 Roulette: A Podcast of Geeks and Raging. https://rouletteproductions.com