Welcome to unstablemolecules.com, the discussion home for mightyavengers.net, uncanon.com and uncannyxmen.net!

The X-Men Come Home to Marvel

Did you see the Dr. Strange Movie from the 70's? Me neither, but I'm sure someone did. Come here to talk about Movies and TV
WorldWideWade

Re: The X-Men Come Home to Marvel

Post by WorldWideWade » 15 Dec 2017, 12:44

Gibbering Fool wrote:
15 Dec 2017, 12:15
Alright I've come around on bringing the X-men into the MCU. I just felt that the MCU is established enough that throwing mutants into the mix wouldn't work. But on thinking upon it more theres been some people with unexplained powers in Agents of SHEILD, and Wanda and Pietro could easily be retconed into being mutants who's powers were unlocked by the mind stone.

The big thing that got me was we can have the Illuminati now. We already have Iron Man, Black Panther, Doctor Strange, and Black Bolt and now Marvel have the rights to Namor and Xavier too. Happy days!
Namor rights were actually tied up with some other studio but those issues have been mostly worked out supposedly. Xavier/Beast and Reed Richards can totally join though. I have a feeling they would replace Black Bolt with Black Panther in the starting six. Also I think it doubtful Tony Stark is around that long unless they make him a voiced over hologram.

Personally I would like them to finish up the next couple years of Fox projects, then reboot the franchise in the MCU. They can stay mostly separate for awhile but could participate in the event movies and have the occasional cameo.
Current Pull List
Uncanny X-men, Iceman, Mr & Mrs X, Runaways, West Coast Avengers, Champions, Ms Marvel, Dr Strange, Fantastic Four

Gibbering Fool

Post by Gibbering Fool » 15 Dec 2017, 20:51

I forgot about Richards! I also doubt they would use Black Bolt, but they could if they wanted. I could also totally see Nick Fury working in there

EphemeristX

Post by EphemeristX » 15 Dec 2017, 21:54

Anson Mount probably has enough free time to show up and make a constipated face for a few minutes. It's not like he'd have lines to learn.
http://dancehall-daze.tumblr.com

"Take your baby by the ears
And play upon her darkest fears"

Milkshake08

Post by Milkshake08 » 16 Dec 2017, 02:21

I find this exciting mainly for cartoon/video game reasons. I want a damn good X-cartoon, or some animated releases at least. And while I'm not a fan of them being in the MCU, I won't cry if Rogue is an MCU Avenger ;)

Magik84

Post by Magik84 » 16 Dec 2017, 11:36

Cable wrote:
14 Dec 2017, 23:12
For those who don't want X-Men in the MCU, why exactly is that?

I personally do want them both. Beast should be a member of the Avengers!
I suppose I touched on reasons in previous post. I think X-men films were coming on well again (other than apocalypse blip) and was looking forward to things like seeing X23 instead of another Logan wolverine.

I have preference in comics as well as keeping mainly to themselves storywise I have no interest in seeing X-men vs avengers/inhumans if they go that route.

Mcu already has a lot of characters and think throwing X-men in mix will make it bloated.

That said I m not totally against them interacting, though I'd prefer arrow verse/ super girl situation. Still it's a wait and see thing if they handle it well I might be more excited to see them in mcu.
X-Editorial Draft: Prodigy, Vange Whedon, lil' Iceman, Wallflower, Cecelia Reyes, Mimic, U-Go Girl, Doc Samson, Nature Girl

Blackcyclops

Post by Blackcyclops » 16 Dec 2017, 16:21

Milkshake08 wrote:
16 Dec 2017, 02:21
I find this exciting mainly for cartoon/video game reasons. I want a damn good X-cartoon, or some animated releases at least. And while I'm not a fan of them being in the MCU, I won't cry if Rogue is an MCU Avenger ;)
*MCU Avengers LEADER

Fixed that for you lol...since Rogue definitely leads a team of Avengers lol
I'm Team Remender, Waid, Hickman and Gillen

My X-Men Draft Picks:
Prof. X, Legion, Polaris, Quicksilver, Meggan, Deadpool, Pixie, and Danger

Milkshake08

Post by Milkshake08 » 17 Dec 2017, 03:04

That would be a dream. But I just love her so much I want only the best for her...and now an entire gen of fans thinks she's a whiny nobody with crappy powers.

Gibbering Fool

Post by Gibbering Fool » 17 Dec 2017, 05:40

I'll just ne happy to see the X-men in a video game again :-D

Blackcyclops

Post by Blackcyclops » 17 Dec 2017, 14:22

Milkshake08 wrote:
17 Dec 2017, 03:04
That would be a dream. But I just love her so much I want only the best for her...and now an entire gen of fans thinks she's a whiny nobody with crappy powers.

At least appreciate that Marvel didn’t synergy it with the comics. Instead, outside of maybe Wolverine and maybe Storm/Cyclops, no other X-man has had a better 20 years in term of great runs (Careys Legacy, Uncanny Avengers) and spotlight both in and outside the x-books...

My X-Men Draft Picks:

RingOtaku

Post by RingOtaku » 17 Dec 2017, 16:55

Cable wrote:
14 Dec 2017, 23:12
For those who don't want X-Men in the MCU, why exactly is that?
I'm neutral but the reason why?

The non-fans getting turned off. You start adding a main X-Men team, a couple X-men getting solo books, a spin-off team or two down the line all meant to be connected to a Continuity that has already has 8 sub-franchises plus the "get the gang together" Avengers movies. I already have relatives getting overwhelmed with 'Which movies influenced the plot of this one again?' and thus considering giving up on keeping up and moving on to simpler to follow entertainment. When you over-grow a shared universe you end up with only dedicated fanbase sticking around and it becoming harder and harder to pull in new casuals.

Kind of like comic books themselves huh?

So yeah. X-Men? FF? I can go either way on "New Continuities and Movies or Join The MCU". I personally would enjoy the second but the first is easier on folks like my Dad who never read comic books and don't want to have to think about this stuff before and after the movie.
D20 Roulette: A Podcast of Geeks and Raging. https://rouletteproductions.com

Magik84

Post by Magik84 » 17 Dec 2017, 22:53

I saw a comment about what somebody was excited to see about this merger and got me thinking that even with this news it doesn't mean you get your dream meetings.

They had mentioned wanting to see meetings of Tony Stark/wolverine, cap America (Steve) / human torch and Frank castle and Wade Wilson.

None of those I can see happening cos I assume Robert Downey and Chris Evans will have left by that stage and marvel TV/ films seem to want to stay separate.

Spidey/.Deadpool teamup could be fun though.
X-Editorial Draft: Prodigy, Vange Whedon, lil' Iceman, Wallflower, Cecelia Reyes, Mimic, U-Go Girl, Doc Samson, Nature Girl

RingOtaku

Post by RingOtaku » 18 Dec 2017, 01:00

The only thing about this that excites me is a Namor cameo as he has a long history with the Avengers. I want a butt-kicking Imperius Rex that sends Denim Aquaman running for the hills.
D20 Roulette: A Podcast of Geeks and Raging. https://rouletteproductions.com

EvilMonkeyPope

Post by EvilMonkeyPope » 22 Dec 2017, 21:58

Since the MCU movies have been consistently better than Fox’s Marvel movies, this should make me happy. Why isn’t it? https://mattthecatania.wordpress.com/20 ... ay-humbug/

Cable

Post by Cable » 08 May 2018, 18:43

Supposedly Comcast is making a final effort to buy-out Fox from under Disney
Rank your favorite characters in the X-Men Character Sorter! Share your results!

"If life were a picnic, you'd be a family. Since life is war, you're soldiers. You'd do well to start accepting that fact."--Nathan Summers

WorldWideWade

Post by WorldWideWade » 08 May 2018, 20:57

As long as Disney makes a side deal to get FF, X-men, and Star Wars rights from Fox then I don't care.

Also in this dream scenario, the three way showdown could result in Universal chucking over the Hulk and Namor rights. Finally, Disney could reallocate the Fox buyout money to purchase Sony and everything is perfect.

Honestly there are many properties under Fox I would rather not see go to Disney. Fox TV was formative in my tween to teenage years in that it was fun and edgy, a removal from the saccharine tone that I was all to familiar with watching Disney as a young child. I just can't see a Disney Predator movie or Disney Family Guy or Always Sunny in Philadelphia being the same.
Current Pull List
Uncanny X-men, Iceman, Mr & Mrs X, Runaways, West Coast Avengers, Champions, Ms Marvel, Dr Strange, Fantastic Four

Blackcyclops

Post by Blackcyclops » 08 May 2018, 21:11

Disney is technically the studio that released Unbreakable, The Prestige, and stuff under Miramax...they own stake in Vice media and control A&E. So sure “Disney” Studios isn’t going to drop an R-rated flick but Disney the corporation will certainly distribute one.

My X-Men Draft Picks:

EphemeristX

Post by EphemeristX » 08 May 2018, 21:34

If Fox isn't able to sell Marvel properties under their original contract, wouldn't an acquisition revert the rights back to Disney? Fox will still exist as an entity and the other entertainment properties will have to be named something else. If Comcast somehow does snag Fox from Disney, I imagine that will be the next fight.

But from what I hear, Fox doesn't really want cash; it wants stock. And this can only happen if the Time Warner acquisition goes through.

And yeah, the Disney brand is family friendly, but Disney the business wants money. It will certainly release adult oriented content. Deadpool, for instance, is way too big of a moneymaker for them to scale back the R-rating.

Don't forget, Disney already owns ABC. So it runs shows like Scandal, Quantico, and How to Get Away With Murder. Plenty of edge.

EphemeristX

Post by EphemeristX » 13 Jun 2018, 18:37

Yeah, I'm double posting, but this is big news.

A judge approved Time-Warner's sale to AT&T. Why is that big news for us? Well, it's a vertical merger exactly like the one Comcast has proposed to Fox. Now that AT&T/TW has been approved, the door is open for Comcast to formally place that 60b all-cash bid and scoop Fox away from Disney at the last second.

Now, Comcast could totally still sell the X-Men to Disney, as it's purported that the real reason Comcast wants Fox is for control of Hulu, but there's also a degree of animosity between the two CEOs that could hamper any further efforts between them.

Anna Raven

Post by Anna Raven » 13 Jun 2018, 23:43

EphemeristX wrote:
13 Jun 2018, 18:37
Yeah, I'm double posting, but this is big news.

A judge approved Time-Warner's sale to AT&T. Why is that big news for us? Well, it's a vertical merger exactly like the one Comcast has proposed to Fox. Now that AT&T/TW has been approved, the door is open for Comcast to formally place that 60b all-cash bid and scoop Fox away from Disney at the last second.

Now, Comcast could totally still sell the X-Men to Disney, as it's purported that the real reason Comcast wants Fox is for control of Hulu, but there's also a degree of animosity between the two CEOs that could hamper any further efforts between them.
/Dies inside
Editorial Draft Results: Rogue | Magneto | Mystique | Sabretooth | Madelyn Prior | Lady Deathstrike | Blink | Peggy Carter | Vanisher | Dead Girl | Jimmy Hudson | Wither | Guardian

Cable

Post by Cable » 20 Jun 2018, 14:03

Disney is fighting back. Their original offer was $52 billion in stock. Comcast outmatched that with an offer of $65 billion in cash. Now Disney throws out an offer of half-stock half-cash worth $70 billion.
Rank your favorite characters in the X-Men Character Sorter! Share your results!

"If life were a picnic, you'd be a family. Since life is war, you're soldiers. You'd do well to start accepting that fact."--Nathan Summers

Milkshake08

Post by Milkshake08 » 21 Jun 2018, 01:21

Marvel might get those X-Men back after all. I saw this today and it was a bright spot in otherwise not great news.

tokenBG1009

Post by tokenBG1009 » 21 Jun 2018, 01:26

Fox has accepted it too. It'll be interesting to see if Comcast tries to counter it. That's a lot of money being thrown around.
A League of Their Own!

I wish I could write fanfiction...

Blackcyclops

Post by Blackcyclops » 21 Jun 2018, 02:20

tokenBG1009 wrote:
21 Jun 2018, 01:26
Fox has accepted it too. It'll be interesting to see if Comcast tries to counter it. That's a lot of money being thrown around.

That’s actually the depressing part...them treating this money as casually as I treated sandwiches in a trade off lol

My X-Men Draft Picks:

EvilMonkeyPope

Post by EvilMonkeyPope » 21 Jun 2018, 09:53

You go to sandwich trades?

Blackcyclops

Post by Blackcyclops » 21 Jun 2018, 10:25

EvilMonkeyPope wrote:
21 Jun 2018, 09:53
You go to sandwich trades?
My middle school had sanctioned sandwich trades...best thing ever!

My X-Men Draft Picks: