Welcome to unstablemolecules.com, the discussion home for mightyavengers.net, uncanon.com and uncannyxmen.net!

Morbius

Did you see the Dr. Strange Movie from the 70's? Me neither, but I'm sure someone did. Come here to talk about Movies and TV
EphemeristX

Re: Morbius

Post by EphemeristX » 15 Jun 2021, 22:41

I can just see some exec patting Tyrese on the head and going "Sure you're part of the MCU, champ".
"You can leave your valuables here
with me," he smiled.

Cable

Post by Cable » 17 Jun 2021, 11:51

The site that did the interview has since followed up with Sony who said, to paraphrase, Tyrese Gibson doesn't know what he is talking about (he had also said it releases in October 2022 when it actually releases in January 2022.)
Best Comics of Week 28

X-titles: Excalibur #22 by Tini Howard (3) and Marcus To (3)
Non-X titles: Extreme Carnage--Scream by Clay Chapman (1) and Chris Mooneyham (1)

In parentheses number of times creator has had best comic this year

Spectral Knight

Post by Spectral Knight » 17 Jun 2021, 13:20

To be fair to him, I've heard many report that there will be some sort of thing where Spider-Man is the tie that binds between the "Sony Pictures Universe of Marvel Characters" (try saying that ten times when pissed) and the main MCU. So the main MCU doesn't necessarily reflect any of what happens except for that which directly affects Spider-Man, whilst everything else that happens in the Sonyverse (isn't that easier...) may include Spider-Man, or related characters that have previously appeared in the MCU, at some point but very unlikely to ever reference any non-Sony owned film right characters.

Is it still in the MCU? Technically no, but canonically, it may well 'fit' without causing problems in either universe. Assuming either 'universe' is a self-contained universe rather than its own multiverse...by which point, who the feck knows what's happening. Sony's already alluded to a multiverse through Into the Spiderverse anyways ....

(I'm certain most people in Marvel would now be adamant that t'was never a good idea to split the rights of characters in a shared publishing universe in the first place!)

EvilMonkeyPope

Post by EvilMonkeyPope » 18 Jun 2021, 02:45

Sorry, Morbius. This is the year of Mobius Mania!

tokenBG1009

Post by tokenBG1009 » 23 Jun 2021, 15:32

Agreeing with SK on this as I was reading about the rights fiasco from a couple years back when we thought Holland was officially out of the MCU forever. Sony tried to make it clear that while they weren't one universe they were at least connected.
"Sometimes I do feel like I'm a failure. Like there's no hope for me. But even so, I'm not gonna give up. Ever!" -Izuku Midoriya