unstablemolecules.com & uncannyxmen.net are proud to present....mightyavengers.net!

RuPaul's Drag Race All-Stars 3

Did you see the Dr. Strange Movie from the 70's? Me neither, but I'm sure someone did. Come here to talk about Movies and TV
das_boot

Re: RuPaul's Drag Race All-Stars 3

Post by das_boot » 02 Mar 2018, 15:58

Ru was MAD.

Also, I hate the “being a queen back” gimmick. Literally, the only queen I would accept returning would have been Aja. The others were kind of terrible.

This Ben stunt... sigh. I don’t like it. I wish I didn’t empathise more with what she was saying, but I kind of do, so...

Bebe i’m just critiquing internally now since the judges seem to refuse to accept her mediocrity in this competition.
Marvel Fantasy League Team: Laura Kinney, James Howlett, Domino, Luke Cage, Magik, Black Bolt, Sentry, Dazzler, Nick Fury, Dazzler, Hawkeye (not the Hawkguy)

EphemeristX

Post by EphemeristX » 02 Mar 2018, 20:11

Listen. I can not fathom how gagged everybody was on Bebe's verse. One take of ti-ti-kaka-drrrrrrr and dude was laughing? Really?

*sigh*
http://dancehall-daze.tumblr.com

"Take your baby by the ears
And play upon her darkest fears"

manuel_mc89

Post by manuel_mc89 » 02 Mar 2018, 20:28

BenDelaChrist really did that, she won All-Stars 3, i am loving all the memes they have made. Seriously, Shangela has made such a deal about how she is being strategic, but she's got nothing on what Bendela ended up with, and she even rghted the "wrong" she made in the first episode by giving Morgan another chance to show her talents, i just cant get over everything she did.

Now, Shangela better win, she is the only one that was matching Bendela, because even if Trixie kills it every remaining challenge, people will say its only cause Bendela isnt around.
Legion: I will circle around you until the stars die an the world has forgotten what makes us different, and I will shatter any future that dares to divide us.

EphemeristX

Post by EphemeristX » 02 Mar 2018, 20:52

Well, to be fair, Trixie's RuDemption began two episodes prior. There's room in her storyline for her to win if she picks up the pace.

If Shangie wins, though, I'll be happy. So far, she clearly deserves it.

AntiBody

Post by AntiBody » 02 Mar 2018, 21:27

Ben absolutely won AS3. She snatched that crown by putting a big ol’ asterisk on it, essentially saying that whoever wins only did so because Ben tagged out. Mathematically she’s the best contestant on the history of the show (5 wins - 4 of them in a row, won Snatch twice, etc). And she won the damn thing ON HER OWN TERMS!!

I was SO gagged last night - at first I was pissed. Couldn’t understand why she’d do that. Then when I thought about it more this morning - it’s fucking brilliant. So smart. And she gets winner cred without all the contractual expectations. Every Drag Race fan will be talking about this forever.

This is Shangie’s to lose now. I love Trixie so hard, and she is absolutely a star, but not one meant for competition television, and that’s okay! She won’t lose fans over this, even if we are a little disappointed. She’s got a TV show, which is more than any of them can say.

And Bebe. Ugh. Tomfoolery and shenanigans. Nobody should be gagged by her. Every one of these contestants, eliminated or no, has outshined her.

Gotta say, I’m kind intrigued by Morgan’s return. Let’s see what she can do in the time she has left!
Guardians Of The Galaxy Draft: Nova (Richard Rider), Quasar (Wendell Vaughn), Moondragon, Darkhawk, Plutonia, Hiroim, Ikon, Malik Tarcel, Manta
Nemeses: The Fraternity of Raptors

EphemeristX

Post by EphemeristX » 09 Mar 2018, 20:12

So... Shangie to win? Shangie to win.

manuel_mc89

Post by manuel_mc89 » 09 Mar 2018, 22:57

Shangela deserves this, in a somewhat lackluster season, at least i have been entertained every single time she has lypsinc(ed?) (what is the past for lypsinc), and while this was the best lypsinc that i have ever seen Trixie do, Shangela was simply on another level.

Bebe needs to go, she is somewhat likeable in the way that i would love to have her confidence, but she really doesnt bring anything new to the show, or different or exciting, besides her talent presentation and her role in the girl group. She was perfect as a mole, as somewhat who would refuse to send girls home becasue she already has a crown and is only here for fun and exposure, but as an actual competitor, she is lacking. And the judges eat her up every time.

Honestly, the difference between the talen and habilities of some of these Queens and others is really showing, i wish the top 4 would have been Aja, Trixie, Shangela and Keneddy, imagine those four, the top 4 of seaons 9, and Villaintina, as the cast of an All Stars season.
Legion: I will circle around you until the stars die an the world has forgotten what makes us different, and I will shatter any future that dares to divide us.

EphemeristX

Post by EphemeristX » 09 Mar 2018, 23:03

Next week is the final, so nobody else is going.

Crawler

Post by Crawler » 10 Mar 2018, 02:05

EphemeristX wrote:
09 Mar 2018, 23:03
Right, but didn't she eliminate Roxxy before the final three last time?

Was I the only one put off by Shangela's fat-suit lip sync? It could just be me being sensitive but I hate when the punchline is, "It's funny because it's being done by a fat person."

AntiBody

Post by AntiBody » 10 Mar 2018, 12:42

EphemeristX wrote:
09 Mar 2018, 20:12
So... Shangie to win? Shangie to win.
Approved by the gay council - Shangela LaQuifa Wadley shall win. *gavel smack* *champagne pours from the ceiling*

I loved that lip sync. Trix really did turn it out for herself, but Shahnge blew it out the water. I get what you’re saying Crawler, though I didn’t think it was funny because she looked fat, I thought it was funny because she was SO extra: that white floral print (I think) monstrosity before she took it off, the way she was basically making an ass of herself on the stage, the ugliness of the pasties and everything - she made it a spectacle, whereas Trixie (y’all know I love her), just lip-synced.

Bebe is such a problem. I haven’t heard anyone say anything positive about her run on AS3, whether in articles/recaps, forums, or even my friends in real life. There’s no such thing as bad exposure these days I guess, sometimes I wonder if her being on this will hurt her reputation more than help it. If she was at a gig with, say Detox and Alyssa, no amount of “raka taka brrrr-a” would outshine either of them. The tenth queen shouldn’t have been a gimmick, it should have been Willam if they wanted a gag, or someone like Kim or Courtney.
Guardians Of The Galaxy Draft: Nova (Richard Rider), Quasar (Wendell Vaughn), Moondragon, Darkhawk, Plutonia, Hiroim, Ikon, Malik Tarcel, Manta

AntiBody

Post by AntiBody » 10 Mar 2018, 12:44

Double-post, sawry mawma
Last edited by AntiBody on 12 Mar 2018, 21:11, edited 1 time in total.

das_boot

Post by das_boot » 12 Mar 2018, 13:17

Crawler wrote:
10 Mar 2018, 02:05
EphemeristX wrote:
09 Mar 2018, 23:03
Right, but didn't she eliminate Roxxy before the final three last time?

Was I the only one put off by Shangela's fat-suit lip sync? It could just be me being sensitive but I hate when the punchline is, "It's funny because it's being done by a fat person."
It’s something I hate about the series as a whole— the “big girl” trope. It should have been smashed when Jiggly showed she could drop a split better than most of the skinny queens, or JDF danced the breastplates off some of the skinnier queens on her season, but no. It irks me.

Either way, if Shangela doesn’t win this season, i’m calling total rigger Morris. Unless she bombs in the finale and Trixie absolutely destroys it? There’s no way they can justify it.
Marvel Fantasy League Team: Laura Kinney, James Howlett, Domino, Luke Cage, Magik, Black Bolt, Sentry, Dazzler, Nick Fury, Dazzler, Hawkeye (not the Hawkguy)

EphemeristX

Post by EphemeristX » 12 Mar 2018, 15:44

Every season has a big queen who can do the splits. And that's the only one. So yeah, I get what you're saying about the big girl trope.

I do, however, think that Shangie was just being silly. I thought it was hilarious, especially when she started twerking and you can see that the bikini bottoms had moved off to one side. I was straight up guffawing.

Quick and Dead

Post by Quick and Dead » 17 Mar 2018, 05:25

Ouch. My heart hurts. I absolutely adore Shangela and crowning her would've been the most poetic outcome for the show but hey, it's a competition and a last twist got the best of her.

As far as track records go, I didn't agree with a lot of the placements this season anyway so I'm not mad about it.
Check out my comic reviews and articles! http://www.comicosity.com/author/anthonyblackwood/

EphemeristX

Post by EphemeristX » 17 Mar 2018, 20:08

Wow. I think Shangela winning would have been right. But, in this case, the jury picked who should move on, and between Kennedy and Trixie, Trixie deserved it. She did a beautiful job on the final lip sync (so did Kennedy, though -- she was gorgeous spinning around, but it almost looked like Kenney was Trixie's backup dancer). I was completely shocked that Shangie wasn't picked, but I guess there were some serious hard feelings about all the people she kicked out and the alliances she kept forming. Play Game of Thrones and you may end up at the Red Wedding.

I am so proud of Trixie, though. So proud.

AntiBody

Post by AntiBody » 17 Mar 2018, 23:53

Shangie was completely robbed. Think of her history on the show - she deserved this more than anyone walking in, and she earned it throughout. Too bad this "jury" was so spiteful. I'm glad Trixie won on some level, but Shangie really deserved it.

Also, EphX, the last lip sync was good, but I was also getting Latrice/Kenya/You Make Me Feel vibes.

das_boot

Post by das_boot » 18 Mar 2018, 01:37

Honestly? I think people voted for Kennedy for several reasons— she started the season very strong, she IS an incredibly talented queen, and (personally) I find her very likeable and charming. I think that her speech last episode about how she always feels like a second thought queen? It’s sad. For someone as talented as her, she doesn’t deserve the hate she received after she eliminated Katya on her own season, and she managed to wear a goddamn chicken costume and NOT get eliminated for it.

I think she was supportive and kind to the queens and I think that a lot of the jury realised that she’s similar to Dela— she needed to win big. Shangela should have won this season, but did she NEED to? No. She’ll still be the same high-energy HALLELOO Queen she always has been and she’ll still draw a crowd. People know and love her.

Anna Raven

Post by Anna Raven » 18 Mar 2018, 02:29

I don't watch the show but I thought some of you might enjoy this:
https://www.google.com/amp/s/io9.gizmod ... 1823845260
DC Draft Results: Martian Manhunter | Zatanna | GL (John Stewart) | Shazam! | Flash (Barry Allen)| Katana
Legion of Doom: Sinestro | Black Adam | Flash's Rogues

EphemeristX

Post by EphemeristX » 18 Mar 2018, 20:15

Ha! Love it.

manuel_mc89

Post by manuel_mc89 » 19 Mar 2018, 18:20

Im honestly in love with all of the positivy that has come out of Shangela during the last episode and after it. Seriously the message about growing up, keep fighting, and keep fighting more after they told you no is very inspiring. Her verse in the Kitty Girl remix (wich i love) her speech to the eliminated Queens about how either way this was her graudation, her speech about getting so close to the crown, working so hard, and then losing it, and all the stuff she has said afterwards, about how you have to keep going, and keep working hard, i am simply in love with all of it.

Its not fair though, that as usual, there is hate being thrown to the winner, in this case to Trixie, she didnt chose the top two, she simply won, its not her fault the eliminated queens didnt choose Shangela, but really, Shangela deserved to lypsinc, she deserved that chance at the crown.

Kennedy needed this, but this competition is not supposed to be about who needs it most, but who is the best and most talented, so even though i really like her, i cant agree that she should've been in the top two.

Also, Bebe was there, and the guys she vogued with, were hot, so theres that.

EphemeristX

Post by EphemeristX » 19 Mar 2018, 18:46

I cosign that statement, Manuel. Agreed on all points. I really think the jury episode should have happened after the rest of the show was aired. Had it been, I think Shangie would have made top two easily (and probably would have won the final lipsync, let's be honest).

Bebe was number 3rd in the voting, I could not believe it.

manuel_mc89

Post by manuel_mc89 » 20 Mar 2018, 16:49

Seriously, i demand an expose behind the reasoning for the low vote on Shangela, i can understand the votes for Kennedy, but why not Shangela and why Bebe? Why would Morgan vote for Bebe?