Welcome to unstablemolecules.com, the discussion home for mightyavengers.net, uncanon.com and uncannyxmen.net!

X-men: The Gifted

Did you see the Dr. Strange Movie from the 70's? Me neither, but I'm sure someone did. Come here to talk about Movies and TV
Blackcyclops

Re: X-men: The Gifted

Post by Blackcyclops » 07 Jan 2018, 00:07

Headcanon: Fred was resurrected as boring af mom...
I'm Team Remender, Waid, Hickman and Gillen

My X-Men Draft Picks:
Prof. X, Legion, Polaris, Quicksilver, Meggan, Deadpool, Pixie, and Danger

EvilMonkeyPope

Post by EvilMonkeyPope » 07 Jan 2018, 00:16

In season 2, how many more Gotham guest stars will The Gifted grab?

EvilMonkeyPope

Post by EvilMonkeyPope » 14 Jan 2018, 02:18

Could Jayce Turner become X-Cutioner (since they haven't introduced Carl Denti)?

WorldWideWade

Post by WorldWideWade » 15 Jan 2018, 20:57

https://www.cbr.com/gifted-tv-season-2- ... -x-factor/

Matt Nix would like Season 2 to do more with the Morlocks and possibly include small elements from X-Factor Investigations. If the show goes for a third season it would be cool if it goes full-blown PAD X-Factor.
Current Pull List
Uncanny X-men, Iceman, Mr & Mrs X, Runaways, West Coast Avengers, Champions, Ms Marvel, Dr Strange, Fantastic Four

sambadaemon

Post by sambadaemon » 16 Jan 2018, 18:34

I could totally see Turner becoming X-Cutioner. And so many new easter eggs! Vange Whedon. Risman. Was that supposed to be Sunder and Ruckus? The credits listed the "hulking mutant"'s name as Mark. That's Sunder's (handbook) real name.

EvilMonkeyPope

Post by EvilMonkeyPope » 17 Jan 2018, 00:48

https://mattthecatania.wordpress.com/20 ... -inhumans/
Was Inhumans an elaborate practical joke to make The Gifted look even better?

EphemeristX

Post by EphemeristX » 18 Jan 2018, 06:29

I'm just glad they didn't call her "Vange". That was the stupidest thing.

I'm counting any halfway done nod as a cameo at this point, given the way things are headed. So, if the big guy is Mark, then he's Sunder. Works for me. Add him to the list.
http://dancehall-daze.tumblr.com

"Take your baby by the ears
And play upon her darkest fears"

sambadaemon

Post by sambadaemon » 18 Jan 2018, 14:21

I really only thought about it after seeing the comment about wanting to use more Morlocks, and I went back and watched the credits to see if I saw anything. And the Ruckus thing was only because of the elongated jaw. I've liked the Nasty Boys since the 90s cartoon, and that was something he did that I've never seen anyone else do, even if they did seemingly change his race.

Nu-D

Post by Nu-D » 18 Jan 2018, 14:54

I can't tell if I love or hate this show. Everything about it is terrible--writing, acting, plot, directing--but I keep wanting to watch.

Has anyone else noticed how repetitive the plot is? It seems like every even numbered episode ends with them captured, and every odd numbered episode ends with a rescue.

Blackcyclops

Post by Blackcyclops » 18 Jan 2018, 15:36

Plot is something that's based on taste...and the writing is about par the course with the decades of network TV stuff...but how is the directing or acting so terrible? Particularly the directing...

My X-Men Draft Picks:

Anna Raven

Post by Anna Raven » 18 Jan 2018, 16:54

Just throwing my two cents in, Andy's actor is not very good, and Polaris makes kind of ridiculous faces when she's concentrating hard on her powers, but I like everyone else's acting fine. The direction is also fine. I'd say plot or writing-wise my only complaint is they make the human villains a little too cartoonishly evil. Dr. Campbell, fine, whatever. But I feel like we should feel bad for the agent who lost his daughter, yet his actions make it virtually impossible. He's going to need a hell of a redemption arc in Season 2 to make him a worthwhile character. If I were the showrunners, I'd have him see video footage of Campbell using kids as human shields, and make him ally with Marco and Johnny's team.

Also, I was really hoping we'd get some backstory on what exactly happened to the X-Men by the end of this season, but we got Snoaked.
Editorial Draft Results: Rogue | Magneto | Mystique | Sabretooth | Madelyn Prior | Lady Deathstrike | Blink | Peggy Carter | Vanisher | Dead Girl | Jimmy Hudson | Wither | Guardian

EphemeristX

Post by EphemeristX » 18 Jan 2018, 18:34

That would be one hell of a redemption arc. I think he may be going full-on bad guy. The only middle-ground humans are the Strucker wives now.
http://dancehall-daze.tumblr.com

"Take your baby by the ears
And play upon her darkest fears"

EvilMonkeyPope

Post by EvilMonkeyPope » 18 Jan 2018, 22:33

Next season needs costumes! As good as the special effects have been, everybody who’s not Goth Polaris look so generic.

Blackcyclops

Post by Blackcyclops » 18 Jan 2018, 23:17

EvilMonkeyPope wrote:
18 Jan 2018, 22:33
Next season needs costumes! As good as the special effects have been, everybody who’s not Goth Polaris look so generic.
I agree...

My X-Men Draft Picks:

tokenBG1009

Post by tokenBG1009 » 23 Feb 2018, 04:37

Did they reveal the names of the triplets before the subtitles pointed out exactly who they were? I went a while between episodes and couldn't remember.
A League of Their Own!

I wish I could write fanfiction...

sambadaemon

Post by sambadaemon » 27 Feb 2018, 16:39

tokenBG1009 wrote:
23 Feb 2018, 04:37
Did they reveal the names of the triplets before the subtitles pointed out exactly who they were? I went a while between episodes and couldn't remember.
I think Esme was the only one called by name, but the other two were identified on Sage's computer screen (I think).

LimboMaster

Post by LimboMaster » 24 Jul 2018, 15:39

Season 2 trailer is out and looks awesome! Can't wait.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=REO2otlUp0w

Any ideas who the guy with the hood is walking in at 1:54? For some reason I immediately thought "Forge!" but maybe i'm just projecting.

Anna Raven

Post by Anna Raven » 24 Jul 2018, 16:11

LimboMaster wrote:
24 Jul 2018, 15:39
Season 2 trailer is out and looks awesome! Can't wait.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=REO2otlUp0w

Any ideas who the guy with the hood is walking in at 1:54? For some reason I immediately thought "Forge!" but maybe i'm just projecting.
They certainly know how to cut a good trailer.

I wish there was a way to cut the parents out of the show. I just don't feel like they fit the flavor of the show anymore.

Not sure about the guy in the hood, but they feel very Morlock-y to me. So maybe it's Caliban or Erg or Healer.
Editorial Draft Results: Rogue | Magneto | Mystique | Sabretooth | Madelyn Prior | Lady Deathstrike | Blink | Peggy Carter | Vanisher | Dead Girl | Jimmy Hudson | Wither | Guardian

_Rick_

Post by _Rick_ » 24 Jul 2018, 17:31

Wow, Reeva Payge. They're really going for the most obscure Hellfire members aren't they. I guess they probably had to thread lightly because of the uncertainty of the Fox acquisition.

I don't mind the parents. I always liked seeing humans working with the X-men. If your intended goal is peaceful coexistence then you should practice what you preach. My only concern is whether they are given something worthwhile to do that doesn't feel too forced. Having the father be a depowered mutant (it seems like they're exploring that) and the mother their go-to medic keeps them sufficiently involved. Plus Amy Acker and Stephen Moyer's acting skills easily surpass most of their co-stars.

EvilMonkeyPope

Post by EvilMonkeyPope » 24 Aug 2018, 01:50

Emma Dumont taught refugees about magnetism.
https://www.instagram.com/p/Bmvf9YJnrBB ... _copy_link

It's moving to Tuesdays at 8 to clash with The Flash.

tokenBG1009

Post by tokenBG1009 » 24 Aug 2018, 03:40

Implying I watch anything live anymore.
A League of Their Own!

I wish I could write fanfiction...

EvilMonkeyPope

Post by EvilMonkeyPope » 24 Aug 2018, 20:28

I'm taking this as a personal affront as a live TV watcher.

das_boot

Post by das_boot » 26 Aug 2018, 17:03

I still think Mama Strucker is a mutant.

Every mutant she interacts with for the first time or she’s around for a while keep saying things like “I didn’t know I could do that” or exceed previously established limits on their abilities. I think she’s a Fabian Cortez but doesn’t realise it.
Marvel Fantasy League Team: Laura Kinney, James Howlett, Domino, Luke Cage, Magik, Black Bolt, Sentry, Dazzler, Nick Fury, Dazzler, Hawkeye (not the Hawkguy)