unstablemolecules.com & uncannyxmen.net are proud to present....mightyavengers.net!

X-men: The Gifted

Did you see the Dr. Strange Movie from the 70's? Me neither, but I'm sure someone did. Come here to talk about Movies and TV
Blackcyclops

Re: X-men: The Gifted

Post by Blackcyclops » 07 Jan 2018, 00:07

Headcanon: Fred was resurrected as boring af mom...
I'm Team Remender, Waid, Hickman and Gillen

My X-Men Draft Picks:
Prof. X, Legion, Polaris, Quicksilver, Meggan, Deadpool, Pixie, and Danger

EvilMonkeyPope

Post by EvilMonkeyPope » 07 Jan 2018, 00:16

In season 2, how many more Gotham guest stars will The Gifted grab?

EvilMonkeyPope

Post by EvilMonkeyPope » 14 Jan 2018, 02:18

Could Jayce Turner become X-Cutioner (since they haven't introduced Carl Denti)?

WorldWideWade

Post by WorldWideWade » 15 Jan 2018, 20:57

https://www.cbr.com/gifted-tv-season-2- ... -x-factor/

Matt Nix would like Season 2 to do more with the Morlocks and possibly include small elements from X-Factor Investigations. If the show goes for a third season it would be cool if it goes full-blown PAD X-Factor.
MCU Draft:
Heroes:
Iron Man, Black Widow, Quake, Wasp, Luke Cage, Iron Fist, Pepper Potts
Villains:
Kingpin, Vulture, Arnim Zola

sambadaemon

Post by sambadaemon » 16 Jan 2018, 18:34

I could totally see Turner becoming X-Cutioner. And so many new easter eggs! Vange Whedon. Risman. Was that supposed to be Sunder and Ruckus? The credits listed the "hulking mutant"'s name as Mark. That's Sunder's (handbook) real name.

EvilMonkeyPope

Post by EvilMonkeyPope » 17 Jan 2018, 00:48

https://mattthecatania.wordpress.com/20 ... -inhumans/
Was Inhumans an elaborate practical joke to make The Gifted look even better?

EphemeristX

Post by EphemeristX » 18 Jan 2018, 06:29

I'm just glad they didn't call her "Vange". That was the stupidest thing.

I'm counting any halfway done nod as a cameo at this point, given the way things are headed. So, if the big guy is Mark, then he's Sunder. Works for me. Add him to the list.
http://dancehall-daze.tumblr.com

"Take your baby by the ears
And play upon her darkest fears"

sambadaemon

Post by sambadaemon » 18 Jan 2018, 14:21

I really only thought about it after seeing the comment about wanting to use more Morlocks, and I went back and watched the credits to see if I saw anything. And the Ruckus thing was only because of the elongated jaw. I've liked the Nasty Boys since the 90s cartoon, and that was something he did that I've never seen anyone else do, even if they did seemingly change his race.

Nu-D

Post by Nu-D » 18 Jan 2018, 14:54

I can't tell if I love or hate this show. Everything about it is terrible--writing, acting, plot, directing--but I keep wanting to watch.

Has anyone else noticed how repetitive the plot is? It seems like every even numbered episode ends with them captured, and every odd numbered episode ends with a rescue.

Blackcyclops

Post by Blackcyclops » 18 Jan 2018, 15:36

Plot is something that's based on taste...and the writing is about par the course with the decades of network TV stuff...but how is the directing or acting so terrible? Particularly the directing...

My X-Men Draft Picks:

Anna Raven

Post by Anna Raven » 18 Jan 2018, 16:54

Just throwing my two cents in, Andy's actor is not very good, and Polaris makes kind of ridiculous faces when she's concentrating hard on her powers, but I like everyone else's acting fine. The direction is also fine. I'd say plot or writing-wise my only complaint is they make the human villains a little too cartoonishly evil. Dr. Campbell, fine, whatever. But I feel like we should feel bad for the agent who lost his daughter, yet his actions make it virtually impossible. He's going to need a hell of a redemption arc in Season 2 to make him a worthwhile character. If I were the showrunners, I'd have him see video footage of Campbell using kids as human shields, and make him ally with Marco and Johnny's team.

Also, I was really hoping we'd get some backstory on what exactly happened to the X-Men by the end of this season, but we got Snoaked.
MCU Draft Results: Spider-Man | Cyclops | Black Panther II | Sister Grimm | Crystal and Lockjaw | The Strucker Twins | Killmonger | The Frost Sisters | Zemo

EphemeristX

Post by EphemeristX » 18 Jan 2018, 18:34

That would be one hell of a redemption arc. I think he may be going full-on bad guy. The only middle-ground humans are the Strucker wives now.
http://dancehall-daze.tumblr.com

"Take your baby by the ears
And play upon her darkest fears"

EvilMonkeyPope

Post by EvilMonkeyPope » 18 Jan 2018, 22:33

Next season needs costumes! As good as the special effects have been, everybody who’s not Goth Polaris look so generic.

Blackcyclops

Post by Blackcyclops » 18 Jan 2018, 23:17

EvilMonkeyPope wrote:
18 Jan 2018, 22:33
Next season needs costumes! As good as the special effects have been, everybody who’s not Goth Polaris look so generic.
I agree...

My X-Men Draft Picks:

tokenBG1009

Post by tokenBG1009 » 23 Feb 2018, 04:37

Did they reveal the names of the triplets before the subtitles pointed out exactly who they were? I went a while between episodes and couldn't remember.
eXiles Draft: Frenzy (Age of X), Basilisk (Age of X), Howlett (XXM), Hercules (XXM), Longshot (Mojoverse), Mojo (Free Agent), Scottius Summerisle (1602), John Grey (1602), Ultimate Wasp and Giant-Man

sambadaemon

Post by sambadaemon » 27 Feb 2018, 16:39

tokenBG1009 wrote:
23 Feb 2018, 04:37
Did they reveal the names of the triplets before the subtitles pointed out exactly who they were? I went a while between episodes and couldn't remember.
I think Esme was the only one called by name, but the other two were identified on Sage's computer screen (I think).