Welcome to unstablemolecules.com, the discussion home for mightyavengers.net, uncanon.com and uncannyxmen.net!

X-Men Dark Phoenix

Did you see the Dr. Strange Movie from the 70's? Me neither, but I'm sure someone did. Come here to talk about Movies and TV
Anna Raven

Re: X-Men Dark Phoenix

Post by Anna Raven » 13 May 2019, 00:25

Magnus wrote:
13 May 2019, 00:21
Are there two Cyclopses on that poster?

I'll be going into this one with extremely low expectations after Apocalypse. At least I can look forward to Disney hopefully rebooting it and casting/setting it up right.
The guy in the lower right is Quicksilver.
Thunderbolts Draft: Punisher|Black Cat|Moon Knight(as Kraven the Hunter)|Diamondback|Taskmaster|Domino|Nuke|Trickshot |Jolt|Troll
Avengers International Draft: France|Spectrum|Capt. Universe|Swordsman|Batroc|M|Finesse|Deadpool

Magnus

Post by Magnus » 13 May 2019, 00:29

Oh yeah, I forgot about his dopey goggles.

das_boot

Post by das_boot » 13 May 2019, 01:15

Having seen the new trailer I genuinely think that Sophie Turner might be one of the best things about this movie. It looks a lot like Fassbender, McAvoy and Lawrence are all phoning in their performances based on what the trailers show... I dunno. I just seriously still believe that Dark Phoenix would work better as an episodic serial than a done in one movie
ASPIRING WRITERS!

Check out the “Writing Challenges” thread in the Uncanon Mess Hall!

tokenBG1009

Post by tokenBG1009 » 13 May 2019, 06:15

I think the bottom one is Quicksilver
"Sometimes I do feel like I'm a failure. Like there's no hope for me. But even so, I'm not gonna give up. Ever!" -Izuku Midoriya

EvilMonkeyPope

Post by EvilMonkeyPope » 13 May 2019, 09:30

Today is supposedly X-Men Day?

Nu-D

Post by Nu-D » 15 May 2019, 16:38

EvilMonkeyPope wrote:
13 May 2019, 09:30
In my view, the administrators of UXM.net have stronger standing to declare “X-Men Day” than the people at Fox.

Dean Clayton, Peter Luzifer and others have been managing this site longer than Chris Claremont wrote Uncanny. Nobody has a longer tenure with the X-Men than they do. Certainly, nobody at Fox, Disney or Marvel Studios.

LimboMaster

Post by LimboMaster » 15 May 2019, 17:34

Nu-D wrote:
15 May 2019, 16:38
EvilMonkeyPope wrote:
In my view, the administrators of UXM.net have stronger standing to declare “X-Men Day” than the people at Fox.

Dean Clayton, Peter Luzifer and others have been managing this site longer than Chris Claremont wrote Uncanny. Nobody has a longer tenure with the X-Men than they do. Certainly, nobody at Fox, Disney or Marvel Studios.
Here here!

Monolith

Post by Monolith » 15 May 2019, 17:35

Fox has to declare an X-Men Day for people to notice.

Everyday is X-Men Day here at UXN!
"If you want to tell people the truth, make them laugh, otherwise they'll kill you." -- Oscar Wilde

EvilMonkeyPope

Post by EvilMonkeyPope » 15 May 2019, 22:02

So say we all!

Anna Raven

Post by Anna Raven » 15 May 2019, 22:32

It is known.
Thunderbolts Draft: Punisher|Black Cat|Moon Knight(as Kraven the Hunter)|Diamondback|Taskmaster|Domino|Nuke|Trickshot |Jolt|Troll
Avengers International Draft: France|Spectrum|Capt. Universe|Swordsman|Batroc|M|Finesse|Deadpool

tokenBG1009

Post by tokenBG1009 » 16 May 2019, 01:34

Nu-D wrote:
15 May 2019, 16:38
EvilMonkeyPope wrote:

There's a name I haven't seen/read in YEARS!
"Sometimes I do feel like I'm a failure. Like there's no hope for me. But even so, I'm not gonna give up. Ever!" -Izuku Midoriya

Nu-D

Post by Nu-D » 16 May 2019, 11:18

Is Luzifer “retired”? I never know who’s working behind the scenes.

What’s particularly amazing about UXN.net is how high quality it is. Even though it’s 100% fan-created content, and volunteer driven, most of it is top notch quality. Here and there there’s prose that’s 6/10, but a lot of the prose is 8, 9, 10/10. And of course the site design, organization, management, images, concept and sheer comprehensiveness are louder than Spinal Tap.

And all by a handful of volunteers. The only website I know of with comparable quality made by volunteers is Wikipedia, and they have tens or hundreds of thousands of volunteers. UXN has had maybe two dozen, total. Remarkable.

Marvel Chronology Project has a remarkable scope too, but the interface still feels like 1998. Marvel Wiki is garbage. Occasionally it has a bit of info I can’t find elsewhere, but it’s full of terribly written and incomplete content. Frankly, UXN is better than Marvel’s commercial site, which is just an advert for buying comics.

I have never seen anything on the internet like this. It’s quite amazing.

RingOtaku

Post by RingOtaku » 16 May 2019, 17:58

Nu-D wrote:
16 May 2019, 11:18

What’s particularly amazing about UXN.net is how high quality it is. Even though it’s 100% fan-created content, and volunteer driven, most of it is top notch quality. Here and there there’s prose that’s 6/10, but a lot of the prose is 8, 9, 10/10. And of course the site design, organization, management, images, concept and sheer comprehensiveness are louder than Spinal Tap.

And all by a handful of volunteers. The only website I know of with comparable quality made by volunteers is Wikipedia, and they have tens or hundreds of thousands of volunteers. UXN has had maybe two dozen, total. Remarkable.

Marvel Chronology Project has a remarkable scope too, but the interface still feels like 1998. Marvel Wiki is garbage. Occasionally it has a bit of info I can’t find elsewhere, but it’s full of terribly written and incomplete content. Frankly, UXN is better than Marvel’s commercial site, which is just an advert for buying comics.

I have never seen anything on the internet like this. It’s quite amazing.
Which is why I smirk when the rare letter pages include the writer/editor telling folks to check out UNX instead of Marvel's official site for backstory help.

Soooo are we going to bring it back on topic and say that Fox should have consulted UNX? Because I'm pretty sure we would have been saved from Origins: Wolverine.
D20 Roulette: A Podcast of Geeks and Raging. https://rouletteproductions.com

tokenBG1009

Post by tokenBG1009 » 17 May 2019, 09:47

The Marvel wiki itself is trash, but I've appreciated the Marvel Fandom Wiki. On one hand, I'd love for UXN to get some real official recognition, but I feel like they'd end up having to have some compliance with Marvel/Disney standards that would take away from the site.

I see trailers for this movie and I want to be excited for them, but it's just not happening. I'll probably spend my $4 to see it, but if I don't I won't be missing anything. I still haven't really SEEN Apocalypse. It played while I was in the room, but I dozed through most of the movie and I have no idea how it ended.

Flapflop

Post by Flapflop » 24 May 2019, 11:28

"There are some things you're better off not knowing. Believe me. You keep this up and soon...bang bang...you'll cry Havok!."

XtremeOne1

Post by XtremeOne1 » 24 May 2019, 14:11

I'm sure her two minute cameo, of her using her powers but having no real personality is gonna be worthwhile for all her fans.

RingOtaku

Post by RingOtaku » 24 May 2019, 14:34

XtremeOne1 wrote:
24 May 2019, 14:11
I'm sure her two minute cameo, of her using her powers but having no real personality is gonna be worthwhile for all her fans.
You can't be ruined by horrible dialogue if you aren't given any lines

Dean Clayton

Post by Dean Clayton » 31 May 2019, 09:35

do i really have to repeat this... its UXN! not UXM.net :x
Yeah, he retired from the site a good 5-8 years ago. We have always stated that the real world is more important and takes priority than the site, and he felt it was the right time for him to step away. Always would love to see him come back, especially considering he was so fundamental in helping shape the direction of the site and keeping me in check in the early days.
What’s particularly amazing about UXN.net is how high quality it is
did I mention, its UXN not UXN.net? thats UncannyXmen.Net not UncannyXmenNet.Net - sheesh :shock:
Here and there there’s prose that’s 6/10, but a lot of the prose is 8, 9, 10/10
Likely the 6/10 content is the stuff i put together...
UXN has had maybe two dozen, total
Actually total is 83 (not including those that contributed fan fiction which spun out into uncanon.com), Half of those contributed less than 3 entries to the site.
Which is why I smirk when the rare letter pages include the writer/editor telling folks to check out UNX instead of Marvel's official site for backstory help.
- wait.. who the hell is this competitor called UNX getting credit in the comics?
On one hand, I'd love for UXN to get some real official recognition, but I feel like they'd end up having to have some compliance with Marvel/Disney standards that would take away from the site.
We do what we do out of love and its always nice when you hear see the site mentioned. We don't have any relationship with those at Marvel and that might be because we don't really push /promote ourselves on social media (and don't get me started on google ranking) - my local comic shop doesn't know I'm involved with the site.

Anyway if you want to talk about that kind of stuff, start a new thread and stop derailing this one!
Why not contribute to one of our sites? The pay is non existent, but vacation allowance is fantastic!

Cable

Post by Cable » 31 May 2019, 12:43

McAvoy and Fassbender on the ending being completely reshot:
Talking about the reshoots, McAvoy admits to Yahoo Movies UK: “The end [of Dark Phoenix] changed a hell of a lot...The finale HAD to change. There was a lot of overlap and parallels with another superhero movie that came out...a while ago."
“They had spies on set,” interjects co-star Michael Fassbender, returning for a fourth time as Erik 'Magneto' Lensherr, “and [they] basically stole our ideas.”
“We were basically trawling through the source material it seems,” finishes McAvoy.
What are they talking about? Captain Marvel?
Best X-Comic last week: Powers of X #2
Best non X-Comic last week: Invaders #8

RingOtaku

Post by RingOtaku » 31 May 2019, 14:57

X-Men 3. I swear these two movies seem based off the same idea.

Anna Raven

Post by Anna Raven » 31 May 2019, 15:17

Cable wrote:
31 May 2019, 12:43
McAvoy and Fassbender on the ending being completely reshot:
Talking about the reshoots, McAvoy admits to Yahoo Movies UK: “The end [of Dark Phoenix] changed a hell of a lot...The finale HAD to change. There was a lot of overlap and parallels with another superhero movie that came out...a while ago."
“They had spies on set,” interjects co-star Michael Fassbender, returning for a fourth time as Erik 'Magneto' Lensherr, “and [they] basically stole our ideas.”
“We were basically trawling through the source material it seems,” finishes McAvoy.
What are they talking about? Captain Marvel?
Most everyone I've seen online thinks so, yes.

Nu-D

Post by Nu-D » 31 May 2019, 21:41

In the original Dark Phoenix Saga, Jean flies through a Shi’ar spaceship causing it to explode. Similar to the end of the Captain Marvel movie. Wouldn’t be surprised if Feige caught wind of a similar scene in DP and took it for CM.

Dean, I’m sorry UXM.net irks you, but it’s not wrong. UncannyXMen.net

My second post had a typo, putting an “N” where I usually put an “M”. But the first post is correct.
Dean Clayton wrote:
31 May 2019, 09:35
Yeah, he retired from the site a good 5-8 years ago. We have always stated that the real world is more important and takes priority than the site, and he felt it was the right time for him to step away. Always would love to see him come back, especially considering he was so fundamental in helping shape the direction of the site and keeping me in check in the early days.
Huh. Well, goes to show how much attention I’m paying.

WorldWideWade

Post by WorldWideWade » 31 May 2019, 21:51

Nu-D wrote:
31 May 2019, 21:41
In the original Dark Phoenix Saga, Jean flies through a Shi’ar spaceship causing it to explode. Similar to the end of the Captain Marvel movie. Wouldn’t be surprised if Feige caught wind of a similar scene in DP and took it for CM.
Or it could be that the two characters have similar power sets and flying through a space ship makes sense for a character of that power level. It's not that original of an idea that two studios could have come up with a similar premise independently. Plus Dark Phoenix was supposed to come out last year so Marvel would have looked like the copycat. This whole theory doesn't add up to me.
Current Pull List
Uncanny X-men, Iceman, Mr & Mrs X, Runaways, West Coast Avengers, Champions, Ms Marvel, Dr Strange, Fantastic Four

Dean Clayton

Post by Dean Clayton » 01 Jun 2019, 05:42

@nu-d where’s monoliths ban hammer? ;) it’s fine .
Fun fact:The 3 letter version actually comes from in the first year of the site when I was in contact with many of the site admins from other x-men sites and the general consensus at the time was to list comic titles as 3 letter words , and Someone said uxn and I kinda liked it.
Why not contribute to one of our sites? The pay is non existent, but vacation allowance is fantastic!

EphemeristX

Post by EphemeristX » 01 Jun 2019, 09:27

UX-MN it is.
http://dancehall-daze.tumblr.com

"Take your baby by the ears
And play upon her darkest fears"