Welcome to unstablemolecules.com, the discussion home for mightyavengers.net, uncanon.com and uncannyxmen.net!

Runaways

Did you see the Dr. Strange Movie from the 70's? Me neither, but I'm sure someone did. Come here to talk about Movies and TV
EphemeristX

Re: Runaways

Post by EphemeristX » 18 Jan 2018, 18:36

Yeah, I noticed that too, BC. I was like "wow, make the only black characters gang related? And give Geoffry a gun?" I do, though, think that the Wilders are the most level-headed and capable of all the families and have the healthiest dynamic.
http://dancehall-daze.tumblr.com

"Take your baby by the ears
And play upon her darkest fears"

Blackcyclops

Post by Blackcyclops » 18 Jan 2018, 21:46

Oh yeah as a couple they are definitely the best...both as parents and an actual couple
I'm Team Remender, Waid, Hickman and Gillen

My X-Men Draft Picks:
Prof. X, Legion, Polaris, Quicksilver, Meggan, Deadpool, Pixie, and Danger

LimboMaster

Post by LimboMaster » 26 Mar 2018, 16:24

Just binge-watched the whole season. Yeah, I agree making the Wilders gang related was a bad move. I do think their casting was outstanding and their complexity as characters is what stood out to me so it was at least nice to see that they were not one dimensional stereotypes to boot.

I have to say though that I'm really surprised that this show hasn't received more accolades from folks on this site. I think the casting was brilliant. The adaptation was done exceptionally well. The changes in background/context they made for the adaptation made good sense. The acting, overall, was excellent. It really felt like they brought the comic to life. I thought the aged Molly made sense given the keeping-up-with-aging problems of tv seasons but at the same time I thought the actress did a nice job of selling herself as the kid of the group in spite of being older than comics Molly (her falling asleep at inopportune times was just so 'Molly' too ... she really sold it).

I was disappointed that Old Lace really didn't have any significance to the plot. I thought she was going to at least get an action scene to show her value to the team in that big battle at the dig, but she got short-changed. Grrrr.

Anyway, I'm thrilled it got renewed and can't wait to see where they go with it.

tokenBG1009

Post by tokenBG1009 » 26 Mar 2018, 22:56

I don't understand the disdain to make the Wilders gang related just because they're black. They were criminals who became Kingpins in the books. I'd always assumed their backgrounds were similar to what we saw in the show anyways. They were also the best characters in the show to me. Not just the adults, period. I could see everything they did was for their son.

I've actually just gotten around to watching the show in the past week. It's up there with The Gifted for one of my favorite comic shows on "TV" right now. There's a few things I wish they hadn't changed, but some were a necessity (Molly not being a mutant) and others really don't matter (Frank not being Karolina's daughter).

I didn't like Jonah though. Part of that is because it changed it from the original story, but I also think I'm coming to terms that I just don't like Julian McMahon as an actor. I see the character he's always trying to be, but it's always the same character and I want to punch each of them in the face.
A League of Their Own!

I wish I could write fanfiction...

Cable

Post by Cable » 29 Nov 2018, 19:50

Rank your favorite characters in the X-Men Character Sorter! Share your results!

"If life were a picnic, you'd be a family. Since life is war, you're soldiers. You'd do well to start accepting that fact."--Nathan Summers