Welcome to unstablemolecules.com, the discussion home for mightyavengers.net, uncanon.com and uncannyxmen.net!

Deadpool 2

Did you see the Dr. Strange Movie from the 70's? Me neither, but I'm sure someone did. Come here to talk about Movies and TV
EvilMonkeyPope

Re: Deadpool 2

Post by EvilMonkeyPope » 20 May 2018, 23:38

This went full comic book. Always go full comic book.
https://mattthecatania.wordpress.com/20 ... -boogaloo/

Anna Raven

Post by Anna Raven » 21 May 2018, 00:33

- I admit I was surprised that Deadpool's new X-Force got offed so quick. I wonder how many people will be pissed about Shatterstar.

I for one inwardly cheered. Shatterstar to me has always been one of the worst X-characters ever.
- I think I was the only one in the whole theatre who laughed at the Liefeld/can't draw feet joke.
I had the exact same experience.
Editorial Draft Results: Rogue | Magneto | Mystique | Sabretooth | Madelyn Prior | Lady Deathstrike | Blink | Peggy Carter | Vanisher | Dead Girl | Jimmy Hudson | Wither | Guardian

manuel_mc89

Post by manuel_mc89 » 21 May 2018, 04:11

Shatterstar deserves better, hated the Vanessa stuff, loved Domino, needed more Negasonic Teenage Warhead, I liked, but didn't loved it.
Legion: I will circle around you until the stars die an the world has forgotten what makes us different, and I will shatter any future that dares to divide us.

grief

Post by grief » 21 May 2018, 19:11

Anna Raven wrote:
21 May 2018, 00:33
- I think I was the only one in the whole theatre who laughed at the Liefeld/can't draw feet joke.
I had the exact same experience.
Same here.

As a "general audience movie fan", I dug it. It's funny, it's dramatic, it looks good, knocked it outta the park.

As a "devoted his life to the X-Men fan", I hated it. Too many pointless references to things that will never pan out (I'm looking at you, Essex School) or are building a universe on a foundation of "I Don't Care about ANY OF THIS", which I don't sit well with. The "add in a name, but it's not the character you wanted!" thing is so dumb and I'm tired of it. I hate the idea that Deadpool founded X-Force, cuz now we're gonna get an X-Force movie where that happened and I'll spend the rest of my life explaining to people who haven't read the comics that NO, Deadpool did NOT found X-Force, and it took like 20 years for him to be an actual member of ANY X-Force team.
Official member of the Mighty Avengers fan club. "You want Avengers, lady? Take a good look. We're the Avengers."

See what happens after AoA Apocalypse dies in the Age After. http://uncanon.com/fiction/ageafter/

Milkshake08

Post by Milkshake08 » 25 May 2018, 15:47

I really liked it, actually, AS an X-Men lifer. Because it felt like a true comic movie. Sure, things weren't exactly how they happened, but I think X-Force and Cable and everything associated with it is awful and boring, for the most part. This film actually made me LIKE Cable and I HATE him, so, yeah. Brolin was amazing as far as casting goes. I loved Domino, and her banter with DP. I liked DP's cutesy stuff with Yukio, who was adorable. This is the FIRST LGBT CHARACTER in a major Marvel film, too, with Negasonic. That was amazing. I don't like Colossus much but his relationship with DP was adorable. The X-Men cameo was great (who all was in there? It was so fast! I saw James McAvoy X, Storm, Cyclops, and Beast and then it was done). I don't care that Deadpool "formed X-Force" because he didn't, really. Cable will have his own X-Force and it'll be totally different. Dopinder and Blind Al could've done more but just because I think they are the best side characters ever in a superhero film. I was annoyed by Russell the entire film, but whatever. Hope he isn't in the next one, personally. Overall, it was very enjoyable and X-Men-y to me.

Oh, wasn't a fan of the fridging and that seems to be a thing in the films again, but ah well, I dislike Baccarin anyway so I guess I should say good riddance.

Anna Raven

Post by Anna Raven » 25 May 2018, 23:00

Milkshake08 wrote:
25 May 2018, 15:47
I saw James McAvoy X, Storm, Cyclops, and Beast and then it was done).
I also saw Quicksilver.
Editorial Draft Results: Rogue | Magneto | Mystique | Sabretooth | Madelyn Prior | Lady Deathstrike | Blink | Peggy Carter | Vanisher | Dead Girl | Jimmy Hudson | Wither | Guardian

Gibbering Fool

Post by Gibbering Fool » 27 May 2018, 08:25

I really enjoyed this, I can't really fault it, though I enjoyef the first more, because it was "fresh"

The camoes! The X-men! Brad Pit! I recognised Alan Tudyk as one of the rednecks that the Cable encounters but apparently according to IMDB the other redneck was Matt Damon! Anyone know if that's true?

I noticed in the prison that one inmate had long blonde hair and an omega symbol tattooed on his forehead. Omega Red anyone?

Wolfthomas

Post by Wolfthomas » 29 May 2018, 05:59

Being a huge Cable fan I was anxious. But I think this was one of the best possible adaptions. Didn't even touch on any of the unnecessarily complicate backstory or powers. Just a badass time-travelling straight man to Deadpool. Also the bright yellow force field his arm threw up made me think of the time Cable had a gravimetric field generator (similar powers to a Nova) rather than TK. I think that was a nice touch if intentional.

tokenBG1009

Post by tokenBG1009 » 03 Jun 2018, 08:03

In the least offensive way possible, because I know it's mildly offensive, do people actually like Shatterstar or is it because he's LGBT? As a man who LOVES the 90s X-Force run, he's always been THE WORST character and I never understood how people liked him.

I was so proud of my girlfriend because she laughed with me at the Liefeld joke. Brought a tear to my eye.

For the rest of my thoughts on the film just go back and read Anna Raven's post. Almost word for word my opinion on the film except that I like Baccarin and I love Cable and X-Force. Well, the 90s X-Force. I range from, not going to freaking read it to indifferent on just about every other version of X-Force. Except for Spurrier's run.
A League of Their Own!

I wish I could write fanfiction...

Blackcyclops

Post by Blackcyclops » 03 Jun 2018, 14:00

I was going to say it boggles my mind to say you think Uncanny X-Force was bad (like I can get not liking it but actually bad?) but then I remembered you do not liking the gore and bleakness of UxF.
I'm Team Remender, Waid, Hickman and Gillen

My X-Men Draft Picks:
Prof. X, Legion, Polaris, Quicksilver, Meggan, Deadpool, Pixie, and Danger

tokenBG1009

Post by tokenBG1009 » 04 Jun 2018, 10:25

I should say I don't think it's bad. I can't judge something I haven't read like K/Y's run. I've seen snippets of Remender's run and I can say it seems really well written and enjoyable to someone who'd enjoy that story.
A League of Their Own!

manuel_mc89

Post by manuel_mc89 » 04 Jun 2018, 19:39

I must confess that i like Shatterstar but because of X-Factor, and that i never read him before that, so idk. In X-Factor he was this gladiator who used to be together with Rictor, and wanted to be again, but also wanted to have sex/try anything and anyone, and he was unacostumed with many aspects of relationships and even gaily things, so thats where i liked him and why i wanted him to be more prominent.
Legion: I will circle around you until the stars die an the world has forgotten what makes us different, and I will shatter any future that dares to divide us.

tokenBG1009

Post by tokenBG1009 » 04 Jun 2018, 22:12

Hey, enjoy who you like. PAD did a lot to give Shatterstar some depth and I can understand why someone would enjoy him if that was their first encounter.
A League of Their Own!

EvilMonkeyPope

Post by EvilMonkeyPope » 10 Jul 2018, 02:01

Deadpool 2 blu-ray contains "Chess with Omega Red!"

sambadaemon

Post by sambadaemon » 10 Jul 2018, 20:24

tokenBG1009 wrote:
03 Jun 2018, 08:03
In the least offensive way possible, because I know it's mildly offensive, do people actually like Shatterstar or is it because he's LGBT? As a man who LOVES the 90s X-Force run, he's always been THE WORST character and I never understood how people liked him.

I was so proud of my girlfriend because she laughed with me at the Liefeld joke. Brought a tear to my eye.

For the rest of my thoughts on the film just go back and read Anna Raven's post. Almost word for word my opinion on the film except that I like Baccarin and I love Cable and X-Force. Well, the 90s X-Force. I range from, not going to freaking read it to indifferent on just about every other version of X-Force. Except for Spurrier's run.
Maybe I'm just weird, but I am also a huge fan of the 90s X-force and I liked him even then. But then again, I also liked Feral, so...

EphemeristX

Post by EphemeristX » 10 Jul 2018, 21:10

At the time, I thought Shatterstar was the coolest. Jeph Loeb did some really good things with him. His return in X-Factor made me like him even more.
http://dancehall-daze.tumblr.com

"Take your baby by the ears
And play upon her darkest fears"