unstablemolecules.com & uncannyxmen.net are proud to present....mightyavengers.net!

Black Panther

Did you see the Dr. Strange Movie from the 70's? Me neither, but I'm sure someone did. Come here to talk about Movies and TV
Nu-D

Re: Black Panther

Post by Nu-D » 15 Mar 2018, 11:49

tokenBG1009 wrote:
15 Mar 2018, 07:41
It's a travesty I haven't been able to see this yet, but today I found one of the articles that I assume BC was talking about with the racist crap people are saying about the movie.

I mean, really? Black Panther is Alt-Right? Black Panther validates the idea of ethno nation-states? What is wrong with people?
Yes, it’s hard to take this crap seriously when you read it. Then I look at the world we live in and realize that these people influence public policy quite directly, and I despair for the fate of humanity.

Blackcyclops

Post by Blackcyclops » 15 Mar 2018, 13:25

I’ve seen Black people follow that same logic Token...so I mean what you’re gonna do...
I'm Team Remender, Waid, Hickman and Gillen

My X-Men Draft Picks:
Prof. X, Legion, Polaris, Quicksilver, Meggan, Deadpool, Pixie, and Danger

RingOtaku

Post by RingOtaku » 15 Mar 2018, 20:23

Blackcyclops wrote:
15 Mar 2018, 13:25
I’ve seen Black people follow that same logic Token...so I mean what you’re gonna do...
Marathon The Boondocks and order some pizza?
D20 Roulette: A Podcast of Geeks and Raging. https://rouletteproductions.com

Anna Raven

Post by Anna Raven » 15 Mar 2018, 21:12

Those people are perverse. They are the same people who were going to try to tank the Rotten Tomatoes ratings. And then when they couldn't this is their back-up plan. It shows they are willing to do anything to twist and warp things to their ideology, regardless of things like facts and objective truth.
DC Draft Results: Martian Manhunter | Zatanna | GL (John Stewart) | Shazam! | Flash (Barry Allen)| Katana
Legion of Doom: Sinestro | Black Adam | Flash's Rogues

tokenBG1009

Post by tokenBG1009 » 18 Mar 2018, 22:23

Finally had the chance to see this and while I'm on the post-movie high I'm currently putting it behind the first Guardians of the Galaxy and Doctor Strange in my top 3 MCU movies. I had a similarly strong reaction to Thor Ragnarok, but I think this will be a little more genuine due to there being so many good things about it.
A League of Their Own!

I wish I could write fanfiction...

Cyke

Post by Cyke » 07 Apr 2018, 15:06

I enjoyed this film, perhaps in my Top 5 favorites of the franchise. It had the right blend of action, humor, and drama. The female cast were presented in a positive, powerful light with their choices and their responsibilities. I'm not the biggest fan/reader of BP so the world of Wakanda, as presented here within the film, felt highly viable and really engaging.

The social issues brought up here felt necessary without overwhelming the film (and let's be honest here. I don't expect to go see a superhero comic film and see a in-depth dissertation on the tragedies of the European exploitation of African countries and their populace) But Jordan's performance and underlying social motivations did make Killmonger a more interesting, personal threat. I also thought Sterling K Brown gave a strong performance as his father.

But a BIG shout-out to Klaw. Through his limited appearances in the last few films, Andy Serkis has given a wonderful performance, full of madness and mania. He's quickly become one of my favorite villains of the MCU.
Verda Gildr- 'Become Worthy'

EvilMonkeyPope

Post by EvilMonkeyPope » 11 May 2018, 22:22

Ruth E. Carter Gives Insight Into the Film’s Best Looks https://www.themarysue.com/black-panthe ... interview/