Welcome to unstablemolecules.com!

Punisher

Did you see the Dr. Strange Movie from the 70's? Me neither, but I'm sure someone did. Come here to talk about Movies and TV
Cable

Punisher

Post by Cable » 29 Apr 2016, 14:00

It is official. Punisher on Netflix
Rank your favorite characters in the X-Men Character Sorter! Share your results!

"If life were a picnic, you'd be a family. Since life is war, you're soldiers. You'd do well to start accepting that fact."--Nathan Summers

EphemeristX

Re: Punisher

Post by EphemeristX » 29 Apr 2016, 14:52

AAAAAAHHHHH! So excited!!! Look at all three of those exclamation points; I'm like a seventh grader.
http://dancehall-daze.tumblr.com

"Take your baby by the ears
And play upon her darkest fears"

Cable

Post by Cable » 29 Apr 2016, 16:06

The tricky part will be developing a supporting cast. By the very nature of his mission he tends to be a loner, but they can't sustain 13 episodes without him having people to interact with. Punisher also doesn't have a rogues gallery because he just immediately shoots his villains in the face. Who else is there besides Jigsaw?
Rank your favorite characters in the X-Men Character Sorter! Share your results!

"If life were a picnic, you'd be a family. Since life is war, you're soldiers. You'd do well to start accepting that fact."--Nathan Summers

Anna Raven

Post by Anna Raven » 29 Apr 2016, 16:19

The Gnucci crime family is the main one I think of. But other than the head of the family "MA" they are all just faceless mobsters.

The Russian is another one, but despite being a cool character, he is also usually just a one and done, as Frank kills him as soon as he pops up.
X-Men 1872: Rogue|Deadpool|Old Man Logan|Moonstar|San Francisco(HQ)|Thunderbird I|Cecilia Reyes|Stacy X|Lady Deathstrike|Mariko Yashida|Scorpion Boy

Exiles: Nocturne|Ultimate Thor|1602 Matthew Murdoch|Kurt Waggoner|Colossus (BotA)|BB-8

Blackcyclops

Post by Blackcyclops » 29 Apr 2016, 16:35

Either use Welcome Back Frank, Slavers or Barracuda...BAM! Or even Circle of Blood...

And as far as supporting cast, just use the Supernatural/Quantum Leap formula: give him 2-3 solid costars and feature a different group of supporting characters (minor villains, people he's helping, cops, etc) for each mini-arc. You could essentially fit 4 mini-arcs in 13 episodes and finish with a 13th episode that concludes a long simmering major plot.
I'm Team Remender, Waid, Hickman and Gillen

My X-Men Draft Picks:
Prof. X, Legion, Polaris, Quicksilver, Meggan, Deadpool, Pixie, and Danger

EvilMonkeyPope

Post by EvilMonkeyPope » 29 Apr 2016, 19:11

Microchip has been referenced in SHIELD & Daredevil.

Gomurr the Ancient

Post by Gomurr the Ancient » 29 Apr 2016, 19:22

As long as he has the Battle Van and refers to it by name, I'll be happy with this series.
Take it from me -- One doesn't become Gomurr the Ancient by keeping one's eyes clenched shut. First and foremost, you have to be named Gomurr. Then you have to get really, really old.

Gremlin

Post by Gremlin » 30 Apr 2016, 20:04

They could pull from different character's rogues galleries to be fair. Taskmaster, Ghost, Tombstone, The Hood, Grey Gargoyle, Foolkiller and Hammerhead. you could also introduce Paladin, Silver Sable, Moon Knight etc. There are a lot of these street level heroes/villains that could be done.
Everybody is entitled you their opinion...but yours is wrong.

Cable

Post by Cable » 30 Apr 2016, 20:32

But how many of those are owned by Sony? Tombstone and Hammerhead I think of as definitely Spider-Man characters. But then again Kingpin was originally a Spider-Man character but Marvel claims him under Daredevil.

Gremlin

Post by Gremlin » 30 Apr 2016, 20:39

And since Marvel has a deal with Sony it's entirely possible they can use some of the thug-like villains.

Cable

Post by Cable » 30 Apr 2016, 21:02

I'm not sure if the deal involves television. Actually come to think of it Marvel has always used Spider-Man in its cartoons so evidently animation is a completely separate thing. This rights stuff is confusing.

Anna Raven

Post by Anna Raven » 30 Apr 2016, 21:09

And who knows if streaming episodes are the same as regular tv.
X-Men 1872: Rogue|Deadpool|Old Man Logan|Moonstar|San Francisco(HQ)|Thunderbird I|Cecilia Reyes|Stacy X|Lady Deathstrike|Mariko Yashida|Scorpion Boy

Exiles: Nocturne|Ultimate Thor|1602 Matthew Murdoch|Kurt Waggoner|Colossus (BotA)|BB-8

Gremlin

Post by Gremlin » 30 Apr 2016, 21:27

Well regardless, I hope they stick in super powered individuals for the Punisher to fight as Mafia goons are not my cup of tea. I am sure we will get a few of them but I hope we diversify a bit.

tokenBG1009

Post by tokenBG1009 » 30 Apr 2016, 21:50

Cable wrote:But how many of those are owned by Sony? Tombstone and Hammerhead I think of as definitely Spider-Man characters. But then again Kingpin was originally a Spider-Man character but Marvel claims him under Daredevil.
Isn't Kingpin originally a Daredevil villain that was loaned to Spider-Man for the cartoon? Then he was sent back to Daredevil for the movie and came over when the rights reverted back?

Edit: Nope, originally Spider-Man. Loaned to Fox for Daredevil and then somehow reverted back to Marvel. That one is kind of weird. He may be with Sony, but with the Spider-Man deal and him obviously being in Daredevil it's a moot point.
eXiles Draft: Frenzy (Age of X), Basilisk (Age of X), Howlett (XXM), Hercules (XXM), Longshot (Mojoverse), Mojo (Free Agent)

Cable

Post by Cable » 06 Oct 2016, 16:21

Three new cast members and their roles announced

EphemeristX

Post by EphemeristX » 06 Oct 2016, 18:07

So, does this mean we're getting three Marvel shows in 2017?
http://dancehall-daze.tumblr.com

"Take your baby by the ears
And play upon her darkest fears"

WorldWideWade

Post by WorldWideWade » 06 Oct 2016, 18:32

Techically two shows and a mini-series I think. JJ season 2 and DD season 3 should hit in 2018. Maybe they will have a second season of Luke Cage chucked in that year as well.
Exiles Draft: Spider-gwen, Stormborn, Wolverine (Lee), Iron Maiden, Captain America 2099, Ultimate Captain America

Cable

Post by Cable » 09 Oct 2016, 00:11

It has been announced that Karen Page will be in this show

Cable

Post by Cable » 25 Oct 2016, 18:28

A bunch of new cast members announced

Blackcyclops

Post by Blackcyclops » 25 Oct 2016, 19:25

If this show is as stylish as Hannibal, it'll easily be the best looking superhero show on tv
I'm Team Remender, Waid, Hickman and Gillen

My X-Men Draft Picks:
Prof. X, Legion, Polaris, Quicksilver, Meggan, Deadpool, Pixie, and Danger

Cable

Post by Cable » 01 Jun 2017, 21:24

The director has let slip in an interview that this show should be airing in November

Cable

Post by Cable » 18 Aug 2017, 19:32

"The past is more than memories. It's the devil you sold your soul to. He's coming...He's coming to collect..."

Hell yeah! Teaser featured at conclusion of Defenders

EvilMonkeyPope

Post by EvilMonkeyPope » 21 Sep 2017, 22:32

Anna Raven

Post by Anna Raven » 22 Sep 2017, 00:05

I didn't realize Punisher was in Starfleet.

EvilMonkeyPope

Post by EvilMonkeyPope » 22 Sep 2017, 01:22

Frank Castle dies in a transporter accident.