Welcome to unstablemolecules.com, the discussion home for mightyavengers.net, uncanon.com and uncannyxmen.net!

Sony Venom movie is back in the works.

Did you see the Dr. Strange Movie from the 70's? Me neither, but I'm sure someone did. Come here to talk about Movies and TV
WorldWideWade

Re: Sony Venom movie is back in the works.

Post by WorldWideWade » 24 Apr 2018, 16:41

Tom Hardy is a fantastic actor but have never liked Venom as a character. I'm hoping this is a case like Logan in that the actor elevates the movie but seeing that it's Sony, I won't hold my breath.
Current Pull List
Uncanny X-men, Iceman, Mr & Mrs X, Runaways, West Coast Avengers, Champions, Ms Marvel, Dr Strange, Fantastic Four

tokenBG1009

Post by tokenBG1009 » 31 Jul 2018, 14:55

https://youtu.be/xLCn88bfW1o

New trailer. Optimism creeping in. I know next to nothing about Venom, but I enjoyed the trailer anyways.
A League of Their Own!

I wish I could write fanfiction...

EvilMonkeyPope

Post by EvilMonkeyPope » 04 Aug 2018, 20:41

Since Sony took away his chest logo, they should’ve compensated with googly eyes.

Spectral Knight

Post by Spectral Knight » 03 Oct 2018, 10:09

X-Editorial:
X-Nation: Psylocke, Siryn, Fantomex, Meggan, Toad, Motormouth, Micromax, Pete Wisdom
Uncanny X-Force: Psylocke, Siryn, Fantomex, Warpath, Maverick, Vindicator, Caliban, Omega Red, Pete Wisdom

Anna Raven

Post by Anna Raven » 03 Oct 2018, 13:47

Editorial Draft Results: Rogue | Magneto | Mystique | Sabretooth | Madelyn Prior | Lady Deathstrike | Blink | Peggy Carter | Vanisher | Dead Girl | Jimmy Hudson | Wither | Guardian

Cable

Post by Cable » 03 Oct 2018, 13:57

As far as the critics go, it is at 27% at Rotten Tomatoes which is really bad. This is a huge blow to Sony Studios who were really banking on this to launch an extended universe of Spider-Man-related movies.
Rank your favorite characters in the X-Men Character Sorter! Share your results!

"If life were a picnic, you'd be a family. Since life is war, you're soldiers. You'd do well to start accepting that fact."--Nathan Summers

Spectral Knight

Post by Spectral Knight » 03 Oct 2018, 14:08

Anna Raven wrote:
03 Oct 2018, 13:47
To be fair, there's also this:

http://therealstanlee.com/lady-gaga-fan ... ad-reviews/
I'm not sure the DoG reviewer's a massive Gaga fan, but a potentially valid point... :lol:
X-Editorial:
X-Nation: Psylocke, Siryn, Fantomex, Meggan, Toad, Motormouth, Micromax, Pete Wisdom
Uncanny X-Force: Psylocke, Siryn, Fantomex, Warpath, Maverick, Vindicator, Caliban, Omega Red, Pete Wisdom

Anna Raven

Post by Anna Raven » 03 Oct 2018, 14:32

Spectral Knight wrote:
03 Oct 2018, 14:08
Anna Raven wrote:
03 Oct 2018, 13:47
To be fair, there's also this:

http://therealstanlee.com/lady-gaga-fan ... ad-reviews/
I'm not sure the DoG reviewer's a massive Gaga fan, but a potentially valid point... :lol:
The number of people who are both Gaga fans and Venom fans is probably approximately zero, so the Gaga fans whole campaign is pretty much for naught.
Editorial Draft Results: Rogue | Magneto | Mystique | Sabretooth | Madelyn Prior | Lady Deathstrike | Blink | Peggy Carter | Vanisher | Dead Girl | Jimmy Hudson | Wither | Guardian

EphemeristX

Post by EphemeristX » 03 Oct 2018, 17:13

>_> *raises hand slowly*
http://dancehall-daze.tumblr.com

"Take your baby by the ears
And play upon her darkest fears"

EvilMonkeyPope

Post by EvilMonkeyPope » 04 Oct 2018, 00:46

We need a Venom/"Bad Romance" mashup pronto!

EvilMonkeyPope

Post by EvilMonkeyPope » 05 Oct 2018, 21:02

We were disappointed by this movie, although its trailers accurately set our expectations. Unfortunately they don’t substitute anything compelling for comic book fidelity.
The first third is dull. Then once Brock & Venom merge, it becomes a likeable comedy. The best scene occurs at a restaurant. This could’ve
been an engaging Jekyll & Hyde spin suffused with dark comedy. Then the main plot returns & it feels perfunctory.
https://mattthecatania.wordpress.com/20 ... ce-poison/

Cable

Post by Cable » 06 Oct 2018, 13:28

Cable wrote:
03 Oct 2018, 13:57
As far as the critics go, it is at 27% at Rotten Tomatoes which is really bad. This is a huge blow to Sony Studios who were really banking on this to launch an extended universe of Spider-Man-related movies.
The movie is tracking to have the biggest October opening ever so it isn't realy a flop. It is estimated to be heading towards an $80 million opening which is more than X-Men Apocalypse and approaching what Dr. Strange did. It remains to be seen if it has legs after word-of-mouth gets around but it will be curious to see if this is enough for Sony to continue with any of its plans.
Rank your favorite characters in the X-Men Character Sorter! Share your results!

"If life were a picnic, you'd be a family. Since life is war, you're soldiers. You'd do well to start accepting that fact."--Nathan Summers

manuel_mc89

Post by manuel_mc89 » 07 Oct 2018, 01:12

This was a perfectly adequate movie, and I'll watch the sequel. It was fine. I liked the relationship between Eddie and Venom.
Legion: I will circle around you until the stars die an the world has forgotten what makes us different, and I will shatter any future that dares to divide us.

Anna Raven

Post by Anna Raven » 07 Oct 2018, 02:17

Yeh I really don't like Venom as a character very much, but I thought this was fun and watchable. Nothing special but way better than I thought it would be. Yay low expectations!

EvilMonkeyPope

Post by EvilMonkeyPope » 07 Oct 2018, 07:39

If you bought a ticket to an advance scene from Spider-Man: Into The Spider-Verse, they threw in a free Venom movie!

Anna Raven

Post by Anna Raven » 07 Oct 2018, 13:07

EvilMonkeyPope wrote:
07 Oct 2018, 07:39
If you bought a ticket to an advance scene from Spider-Man: Into The Spider-Verse, they threw in a free Venom movie!
Lol, that's one way to look at it.