Welcome to unstablemolecules.com, the discussion home for mightyavengers.net, uncanon.com and uncannyxmen.net!

Legion TV series

Did you see the Dr. Strange Movie from the 70's? Me neither, but I'm sure someone did. Come here to talk about Movies and TV
Anna Raven

Re: Legion TV series

Post by Anna Raven » 24 Mar 2017, 23:30

Just got to watch this finally. Wow! Big time reveals! Shadow King vs. Xavier I loved it!
DC Draft Results: Martian Manhunter | Zatanna | GL (John Stewart) | Shazam! | Flash (Barry Allen)| Katana | Hawkman
Legion of Doom: Sinestro | Black Adam | Flash's Rogues

Tyler5618

Post by Tyler5618 » 27 Mar 2017, 19:05

This last episode got me so geeked. I have been watching from the beginning and not totally loving it. It felt like it was just trying to be eccentric/mind-bendy just because they could and it didnt really serve the story at all. But now that it's coming together, and especially with the Xavier/Shadow King reveal, I'm LOVING it.

I didnt know how Dan Stevens would be in this but he's great. But Aubrey Plaza tho? She KILLS it in this show. Her quiet moments, her scary moments... she's stunning.
"Just because something is not real doesn't mean it's not important."
~ Si Spurrier

medium13

Post by medium13 » 28 Mar 2017, 16:35

The content of the episodes have been really stellar - although I don't think the show has the same appeal to non-geeks. I loved the last episode. The chalk board scene was genius. I love that Syd was able to figure out the situation on her own and wasn't in a damsel in distress position. I was surprised and pleased that they turned the spin move and catching bullets cliche on its head, as I thought David was shot. Aubrey Plaza is putting out an amazing performance that makes me understand why she has had so much hype in the past that I didn't understand. Who would have thought the Shadow King would translate so well on screen, too?

It seems like "Rudy" is dead? That's unfortunate. I actually like him more than Keri. While I like the powerset for Cary and Keri, I think her emotional immaturity and relative uselessness is irritating. I just don't care about her as a character but for her association with Cary, which is pretty tragic if you think about it.

Cable

Post by Cable » 28 Mar 2017, 22:28

I am head-over-heels in love with Aubrey Plaza on this show. Which creates conflicting feelings because that means I am actually in love with The Shadow King. Nonetheless I fear she won't be in season 2 if they defeat him.

I also think The Eye was perfectly cast. What a f*#&ing creeper.
Rank your favorite characters in the X-Men Character Sorter! Share your results!

"If life were a picnic, you'd be a family. Since life is war, you're soldiers. You'd do well to start accepting that fact."--Nathan Summers

Anna Raven

Post by Anna Raven » 28 Mar 2017, 23:17

Cable wrote:
28 Mar 2017, 22:28
I also think The Eye was perfectly cast. What a f*#&ing creeper.
His death was so disturbing.
DC Draft Results: Martian Manhunter | Zatanna | GL (John Stewart) | Shazam! | Flash (Barry Allen)| Katana | Hawkman

EphemeristX

Post by EphemeristX » 31 Mar 2017, 02:03

Haha, nice, EMP. This season was so good. And the one thing I was worried about, the loss of Aubrey in the show, didn't happen. In fact, it looks as if she's going to get her own FauX-Men. So excited for season two.

I just hope it's more than eight episodes.

Also, do we know what Melanie Bird's powers are? Can she control plants? I saw her growing flowers in their hospital dream but before that I kinda assumed she was a telepath of some order (mostly because she's a blonde in white, I know).
http://dancehall-daze.tumblr.com

"Take your baby by the ears
And play upon her darkest fears"

Blackcyclops

Post by Blackcyclops » 31 Mar 2017, 02:40

Imagine if a X-Men movie was half as good?
I'm Team Remender, Waid, Hickman and Gillen

My X-Men Draft Picks:
Prof. X, Legion, Polaris, Quicksilver, Meggan, Deadpool, Pixie, and Danger

Anna Raven

Post by Anna Raven » 31 Mar 2017, 03:25

That was so awesome. And I agree BC, the X-Men franchise has a lot to live up to now, between this, Logan, and Deadpool. Before those 3 movies/shows I was willing to accept the mediocrity of DoFP and Apocalypse. But no more!

I thought Melanie was a telepath at first because she was helping David with Memory Work. But then why would she need the black guy there (I forget his name sorry). Also did Oliver have any powers? Besides beat poetry, guzzling martinis, and generally being awesome of course...

EphemeristX

Post by EphemeristX » 31 Mar 2017, 03:41

Oliver is a telepath. That's why he was able to traverse the astral plane. The memory dude's name is Ptonomy.

Anna Raven

Post by Anna Raven » 31 Mar 2017, 03:46

What caused him to get stuck in there?

EphemeristX

Post by EphemeristX » 31 Mar 2017, 04:26

It wasn't explicitly stated, but it seems like he stayed out there so long he simply forgot to come home. He didn't seem to have a problem returning once he had a reason to do so.

EvilMonkeyPope

Post by EvilMonkeyPope » 31 Mar 2017, 06:33

I thought they implied Walter had something to do with Oliver's coma?
Melanie Bird is a flatscan: http://ew.com/tv/2017/01/10/legion-marvel-x-men-fx/

Cable

Post by Cable » 31 Mar 2017, 11:25

I thought an X-Men show was unlikely. I thought an X-Men show that is one of the best written and directed on television was impossible. Legion is that show. I cannot wait for season 2!
Rank your favorite characters in the X-Men Character Sorter! Share your results!

"If life were a picnic, you'd be a family. Since life is war, you're soldiers. You'd do well to start accepting that fact."--Nathan Summers

Milkshake08

Post by Milkshake08 » 01 Apr 2017, 02:56

Episode 8 isn't on Hulu yet :( I want to know how the season ends!

medium13

Post by medium13 » 03 Apr 2017, 00:34

I loved this season and thought this episode was particularly well done. Someone give Aubrey Plaza an Emmy. As an afterthought, I wish we saw more of David's schizophrenia and multiple personalities. As it happens, we didn't see any. Lenny actually existed and the Shadow King was a long term mutant parasite. So, why don't we get to see why he is "Legion"?

I can't imagine the conflict that will exist between Syd and Melanie now that Oliver has been lost again. I am disappointed that we don't know anything about Melanie in terms of if she has any gifts (it seems not). Melanie is criminally under used as evidenced by her interrogation scene. However, back to my opening thought, the plot that developed between David, Syd, and the Shadow King was fun and clever.

Despite his reputation and feats as a telepath, Oliver was quite easily subdued. Keri. Oh, Keri you annoy me. It seems evident that Shadow King maintains a great deal of power regardless of the form he possesses so David's power set is a fortuitous coincidence in his revenge plot. And Bravo for queer representation in this show but it'd be nice to have an out good guy. I guess I have to keep drooling over David on Schitt's Creek.

tokenBG1009

Post by tokenBG1009 » 03 Apr 2017, 05:31

I fell behind after Episode 5 because I knew this was something I was going to need to binge watch. I can't wait to get to do that now. I absolutely loved those first five episodes and I'm happy this show exists.
A League of Their Own!

I wish I could write fanfiction...

EphemeristX

Post by EphemeristX » 03 Apr 2017, 16:24

medium13 wrote:
03 Apr 2017, 00:34
And Bravo for queer representation in this show but it'd be nice to have an out good guy.
Well, it seems to me that the interrogator may not be on the side of the heroes, but he's at least sympathetic. I'm interested in his ongoing development.

Gremlin

Post by Gremlin » 06 Apr 2017, 21:47

Just watched this. Amazing. Can't believe they used the Shadow King.
Everybody is entitled you their opinion...but yours is wrong.

Cable

Post by Cable » 06 Mar 2018, 19:38

Trailer for season 2

I am so freakin excited for this!

EvilMonkeyPope

Post by EvilMonkeyPope » 04 Apr 2018, 05:05

Now that there's gratuitous time travel, it's a real X-Men story!

LimboMaster

Post by LimboMaster » 04 Apr 2018, 17:20

Oooh. Where did you see time travel? I think I missed that.

EvilMonkeyPope

Post by EvilMonkeyPope » 04 Apr 2018, 21:41

The sphere & the Syd inside are from the future.

Gomurr the Ancient

Post by Gomurr the Ancient » 07 Apr 2018, 04:06

God, this show is so delightfully bizarre. Thankfully, David was completely aware of how weird the basket-headed guy and the autotuned mustache women were. Having him note that helped.

I really loved the dance-off as telepathic battle. I like the idea that telepathic battle might be represented as different things in different minds, rather than always an astral plane gladiator match.

Can anyone explain what it was that Sid was doing at the start of the episode that Kerry disliked? Was she talking telepathically, or somehow talking as the cat?

Any theories on what was going on in the first scene where Aubrey Plaza said she and Oliver were trapped?
Take it from me -- One doesn't become Gomurr the Ancient by keeping one's eyes clenched shut. First and foremost, you have to be named Gomurr. Then you have to get really, really old.