Welcome to unstablemolecules.com, the discussion home for mightyavengers.net, uncanon.com and uncannyxmen.net!

Legion TV series

Did you see the Dr. Strange Movie from the 70's? Me neither, but I'm sure someone did. Come here to talk about Movies and TV

EphemeristX

Re: Legion TV series

Post by EphemeristX » 02 Jun 2018, 18:43

Yessss. So many of my favorite shows are ending. I'm glad for this bit of happy news.
http://dancehall-daze.tumblr.com

"Take your baby by the ears
And play upon her darkest fears"

Anna Raven

Post by Anna Raven » 04 Jun 2018, 02:59

EvilMonkeyPope wrote:
18 Apr 2018, 08:08
The contagious tic cheerleaders were real
https://www.nytimes.com/2012/03/11/maga ... e-roy.html
I'm a little behind, so I just watched this episode and swear to God as i was watching my leg jerked on it's own. One of the creepiest experiences I've ever had watching a TV show.
DC Draft Results: Martian Manhunter | Zatanna | GL (John Stewart) | Shazam! | Flash (Barry Allen)| Katana | Hawkman
Legion of Doom: Sinestro | Black Adam | Flash's Rogues

EvilMonkeyPope

Post by EvilMonkeyPope » 14 Jun 2018, 00:32

What does Minotaur blood taste like, Kerry?
https://mattthecatania.wordpress.com/20 ... of-sense8/

EphemeristX

Post by EphemeristX » 14 Jun 2018, 16:37

Wow. What a dark episode. I'm actually kinda floored that they went there with David.

Anna Raven

Post by Anna Raven » 01 Jul 2018, 03:11

I just finally finished this. I'm not a huge fan of where they went at the end. Is anyone else as dissatisfied as I am? I don't mind them turning David into a bad guy but the way they went about it felt cheap.
DC Draft Results: Martian Manhunter | Zatanna | GL (John Stewart) | Shazam! | Flash (Barry Allen)| Katana | Hawkman

P-90

Post by P-90 » 01 Jul 2018, 13:58

Anna Raven wrote:
01 Jul 2018, 03:11
I just finally finished this. I'm not a huge fan of where they went at the end. Is anyone else as dissatisfied as I am? I don't mind them turning David into a bad guy but the way they went about it felt cheap.
I agree, sadly what he did with Syd will now define him and the entire series, people will ignore his lifetime of mental illness, the fact that he had a powerful genuinely evil mutant his mind manipulating him for most of his life or that the one person on the planet that he loves and trusts tried to kill him. None of that will matter now because there was a sexual element to his actions.

EphemeristX

Post by EphemeristX » 01 Jul 2018, 17:52

The Shadow King did lie, though. He didn't drug Syd. He undid Shadow King's influence. Yeah, he made her forget shooting him, but it was the only way he could quickly fix what Farouk had done to her. One can argue the wrongness of his altering her mind without her consent, but what Syd thinks happened isn't what happened.

EvilMonkeyPope

Post by EvilMonkeyPope » 01 Jul 2018, 23:58

My sister thinks it was one of David's alt-personalities that created the delusion chicks & put them into everyone's heads. Do you think this is true?

Anna Raven

Post by Anna Raven » 02 Jul 2018, 02:21

EphemeristX wrote:
01 Jul 2018, 17:52
The Shadow King did lie, though. He didn't drug Syd. He undid Shadow King's influence. Yeah, he made her forget shooting him, but it was the only way he could quickly fix what Farouk had done to her. One can argue the wrongness of his altering her mind without her consent, but what Syd thinks happened isn't what happened.
Exactly, which makes his crime quite a bit less, he basically was just undoing the mind-eff that Shadowking did on Syd (using Melanie) and then their encounter was more or less consentual. It's still a violation to alter ones mind without permission, but that's a lot less of a crime than rape.

But the way they are positioning it is that David did rape her, and because he's got the personalities popping up at the worst possible time, he can't seem to explain or justify what actually happened. That's why it feels cheap, and like P90 said, now he has the stain of rape on him which can't really be put back in the bottle.

In the post #metoo world, there's not a lot of sympathy for anyone who would take advantage of a woman in an altered state of mind, regardless of the circumstances, and if they plan on doing a redemption story, they'd have an uphill battle to get there.

As to @EMP's sister's theory, I've been waiting for a long time for Legion to exhibit multiple personalities. It wouldn't be a big stretch to see one of them be evil or manipulitive.