Welcome to unstablemolecules.com, the discussion home for mightyavengers.net, uncanon.com and uncannyxmen.net!

Avengers: Infinity War

Did you see the Dr. Strange Movie from the 70's? Me neither, but I'm sure someone did. Come here to talk about Movies and TV
Spectral Knight

Re: Avengers: Infinity War

Post by Spectral Knight » 29 Nov 2017, 15:03

Mantis' wave to Thor was my highlight of the trailer. Perfect timing.
X-Editorial:
X-Nation: Psylocke, Siryn, Fantomex, Meggan, Toad, Motormouth, Micromax, Pete Wisdom
Uncanny X-Force: Psylocke, Siryn, Fantomex, Warpath, Maverick, Vindicator, Caliban, Omega Red, Pete Wisdom

Cable

Post by Cable » 29 Nov 2017, 15:18

I wonder if it was intentional timing on the release of this trailer right as Justice League is stumbling out of the gate. If so that is cold-blooded Marvel.
EvilMonkeyPope wrote:
29 Nov 2017, 14:05
I hate Thanos's stupid bald head & his stupid Josh Brolin voice!
I think Thanos is like a historical figure who looms large in your mind but who if you met in person would seem terribly normal and underwhelming. There is no way to make him appear as large as his legend.

EDIT: BTW here is link if anyone needs it.
Rank your favorite characters in the X-Men Character Sorter! Share your results!

"If life were a picnic, you'd be a family. Since life is war, you're soldiers. You'd do well to start accepting that fact."--Nathan Summers

bamf

Post by bamf » 29 Nov 2017, 15:51

I cried a little. At work. So there's that.

No Hawkeye, Ant-man, or Wasp in the trailer huh? I guess I understand them wanting to keep Wasp under wraps, but still. Also I guess we see that Man-Ape makes it through Black Panther seeing as he's part of the line up towards the end of the trailer.
MFL: Captain America, Iron Man, Storm, Daredevil, Nightcrawler, Ant-Man, Wasp, Scarlet Witch, Quicksilver, Iron Fist

X-Editorial: Angel, Sunspot, Monet, Karma, Colossus, Lila Cheney, Aurora, Captain Marvel, Magma, Box, Triage, Hindsight, Sydren

Blackcyclops

Post by Blackcyclops » 29 Nov 2017, 15:53

I also cried a little and yelled some (Manyis’s wave WAs everything), so cynicism hasn’t completely won out...the love of the cinemtic experience is still alive with me I suppose lol...
I'm Team Remender, Waid, Hickman and Gillen

My X-Men Draft Picks:
Prof. X, Legion, Polaris, Quicksilver, Meggan, Deadpool, Pixie, and Danger

Anna Raven

Post by Anna Raven » 29 Nov 2017, 17:02

Spectral Knight wrote:
29 Nov 2017, 15:03
Mantis' wave to Thor was my highlight of the trailer. Perfect timing.
Lol I loved that too. Second best moment was when Panther says "Get this man a shield." And you see Cap emerge from the shadows. Witch has this look on her face when she sees him of just "wow, everything is gonna be ok."

Marvel does moments like that so well.
Editorial Draft Results: Rogue | Magneto | Mystique | Sabretooth | Madelyn Prior | Lady Deathstrike | Blink | Peggy Carter | Vanisher | Dead Girl | Jimmy Hudson | Wither | Guardian

Gibbering Fool

Post by Gibbering Fool » 30 Nov 2017, 03:24

Man, that trailer gave me chills. Everything about this is massive, but feels so earned. That's one of my Justice League criticisms, that they've tried to skip forward to the big epic team assembling, to catch up with Marvel. Marvel's put in the hard yards, ten years of films, to get to this point.

This definitely feels like they've taken a lot of inspiration from Infinity, with the Wakandan battle and the Black Order.
Spoiler: show
Looks like we have confirmation Loki took the Tesseract in Ragnarok.

Thanos add the blue stone (the Tesseract) and has the purpble stone (the orb from GotG already). Looks like he attacks the Nova Corp and gets the Orb, but since he's sown up at Thor's ship at the end of Ragnarok I doubt we'll get to see him attacking Xandar. My prediction is the GotG are following Thanos after he took the orb and that's how they meet Thor.

EphemeristX

Post by EphemeristX » 30 Nov 2017, 03:32

I loved this. Oh man, I can't believe this is really happening.

Also, I'm glad Danai Gurira is in this. She's so cool and I love her in The Walking Dead.
http://dancehall-daze.tumblr.com

"Take your baby by the ears
And play upon her darkest fears"

Blackcyclops

Post by Blackcyclops » 30 Nov 2017, 05:04

I gotta give Chris Evans credit...it’s easy to envision the other heroes and their respective actors and actresses (so far) but he came in with alot of doubt. And he managed to play a superhero who can easily fall into dull-main-character land. Instead Cap is a bright beacon of hope in these films. That’s something that DCEU is lacking in Superman.
I'm Team Remender, Waid, Hickman and Gillen

My X-Men Draft Picks:
Prof. X, Legion, Polaris, Quicksilver, Meggan, Deadpool, Pixie, and Danger

Quick and Dead

Post by Quick and Dead » 30 Nov 2017, 06:03

Great trailer but I'm not thrilled with how Thanos looks. Why did they get rid of his headpiece?
Check out my comic reviews and articles! http://www.comicosity.com/author/anthonyblackwood/

Milkshake08

Post by Milkshake08 » 30 Nov 2017, 06:15

I'm assuming he'll don it. Also, I would bet Thanos will look better-usually the first trailer, especially this early, has only a rough cut of sfx (remember the teaser for Black Panther?).

I'm super excited. We only saw one shot of War Machine, and no Hawkeye, Ant Man, or Nebula, but we know they are there. I hope it doesn't feel too crowded. It was cool to see Wong and the GotG, though, and the plot looks like it may be the gathering of stones, maybe leaving the big battle with Thanos for Avengers 4 which has been called "The finale" recently by the execs. I just want Carol in A4. I love that this came out while Justice League is hanging out...I think it's excellent marketing by Marvel, because it contrasts to show a team that has really organically come together. I'm wondering if anyone is going to die.

Gomurr the Ancient

Post by Gomurr the Ancient » 30 Nov 2017, 07:39

Yeah, I'd be surprised if he doesn't get some headgear at some point. The voice still seems a bit off, though. For a character of that frame, Brolin's voice needs to get dropped an octave or something. Still ridiculously excited about this film, though. Infinity Gauntlet was one of the few comics I read as a kid, and that part of me is freaking out that he's going to get to see this as a movie.
Take it from me -- One doesn't become Gomurr the Ancient by keeping one's eyes clenched shut. First and foremost, you have to be named Gomurr. Then you have to get really, really old.

Gibbering Fool

Post by Gibbering Fool » 30 Nov 2017, 08:00

Quick and Dead wrote:
30 Nov 2017, 06:03
Great trailer but I'm not thrilled with how Thanos looks. Why did they get rid of his headpiece?
My wife lost all interest after trailer his debut because, and I quote "He looks like a penis" :lol: .

I wish they kept his hat too. It's a fairly iconic look, and in the comics he almost exclusively goes hatless when he's "retired" from villainy

Gibbering Fool

Post by Gibbering Fool » 01 Dec 2017, 12:52

I'm currently re-reading Infinity Gauntlet and I just have a gut feeling that Loki will fill the Mephisto role in the film. The clever manipulative lackey that tries to worm his way in with Thanos and steal the gauntlet. Just a thought but it feels right

Gomurr the Ancient

Post by Gomurr the Ancient » 01 Dec 2017, 18:16

Good call. That seems likely to me, too.
Take it from me -- One doesn't become Gomurr the Ancient by keeping one's eyes clenched shut. First and foremost, you have to be named Gomurr. Then you have to get really, really old.

P-90

Post by P-90 » 01 Dec 2017, 21:38

bamf wrote:
29 Nov 2017, 15:51
I cried a little. At work. So there's that.

No Hawkeye, Ant-man, or Wasp in the trailer huh? I guess I understand them wanting to keep Wasp under wraps, but still. Also I guess we see that Man-Ape makes it through Black Panther seeing as he's part of the line up towards the end of the trailer.
Ant-Man may have been in every scene ;)

P-90

Post by P-90 » 01 Dec 2017, 22:11

Gibbering Fool wrote:
30 Nov 2017, 08:00
Quick and Dead wrote:
My wife lost all interest after trailer his debut because, and I quote "He looks like a penis" :lol: .

I wish they kept his hat too. It's a fairly iconic look, and in the comics he almost exclusively goes hatless when he's "retired" from villainy
According to the film's wiki page, Joe Russo said: Thanos does not wear the armour taking 'a more casual approach' which is very 'philosophical for him' 'It's a spiritual journey for him to collect the stones, and one with which he doesn't need armour. Once he starts acquiring the stones, he doesn't need armour the same way as he did when he was a war lord. It's a very symbolic costume'

Gibbering Fool

Post by Gibbering Fool » 01 Dec 2017, 22:17

P-90 wrote:
01 Dec 2017, 22:11
Gibbering Fool wrote:
30 Nov 2017, 08:00
Quick and Dead wrote:

According to the film's wiki page, Joe Russo said: Thanos does not wear the armour taking 'a more casual approach' which is very 'philosophical for him' 'It's a spiritual journey for him to collect the stones, and one with which he doesn't need armour. Once he starts acquiring the stones, he doesn't need armour the same way as he did when he was a war lord. It's a very symbolic costume'
Makes perfect sense, but it just doesn't feel right to me, since it doesn't gel with the famous stories its based on

EvilMonkeyPope

Post by EvilMonkeyPope » 04 Dec 2017, 02:38

Does anybody else find it odd that Adam Warlock, one of whose major accomplishments is defeating Thanos, is officially in the MCU but won’t be involved in defeating Thanos?

Gibbering Fool

Post by Gibbering Fool » 04 Dec 2017, 02:57

EvilMonkeyPope wrote:
04 Dec 2017, 02:38
Does anybody else find it odd that Adam Warlock, one of whose major accomplishments is defeating Thanos, is officially in the MCU but won’t be involved in defeating Thanos?
Yes and No. Having just re-read Infinity Gauntlet its not really an Avengers story. Sure the Avengers are there but really they're just in there to show how awesomely powerful Thanos is and get destroyed. Infinity Gauntlet is really an Adam Warlock vs Thanos story. Since this is an Avengers movies we really need to see the Avengers shine, not see a new character introduced who takes all the spotlight and glory. To me it sort of feels similar to changing the Hank Pym/Ultron origin to Stark/Ultron; its a notable change from the mythos, but I'm ok with it for the sake of the story.

EvilMonkeyPope

Post by EvilMonkeyPope » 04 Dec 2017, 05:31

I'm still disappointed Ant-Man & Wasp missed Ultron.
It sounds like Captain Marvel will be the Deus ex machina that beats Thanos instead.
Unless they do Magus, is there a point to having Adam Warlock around?

Gibbering Fool

Post by Gibbering Fool » 04 Dec 2017, 07:10

I'm just really hoping that after Phase 3 they ramp up the cosmic aspects and make Annihilation abd big storyline they build towards. While mot involved in the comic Warlock could play a big role in the movie

tokenBG1009

Post by tokenBG1009 » 16 Dec 2017, 16:24

So what are the chances Natasha may be hiding as Yelena? The other Black Widow?
A League of Their Own!

I wish I could write fanfiction...

Milkshake08

Post by Milkshake08 » 17 Dec 2017, 03:02

My thought was they were doing the Yelena thing with her blonde hair, too.

EvilMonkeyPope

Post by EvilMonkeyPope » 01 Feb 2018, 23:53

Who is playing Proxima Midnight?

Gibbering Fool

Post by Gibbering Fool » 02 Feb 2018, 09:15

EvilMonkeyPope wrote:
01 Feb 2018, 23:53
Who is playing Proxima Midnight?
Mocap actor #7