Welcome to unstablemolecules.com, the discussion home for mightyavengers.net, uncanon.com and uncannyxmen.net!

X-Men Tv Shows Confirmed...Sort Of

Did you see the Dr. Strange Movie from the 70's? Me neither, but I'm sure someone did. Come here to talk about Movies and TV
Anna Raven

Re: X-Men Tv Shows Confirmed...Sort Of

Post by Anna Raven » 29 Mar 2018, 02:19

Cable wrote:
29 Mar 2018, 00:01
Cable wrote:
10 May 2017, 16:11
A Deadpool tv show has now been confirmed for FXX
Due to "creative differences" between Glover and FX this show is now not happening.
Glover posted his script online today. It was hilarious. FX is full of crap. They let Louie do whatever the hell he wanted no questions asked. If I was Glover I would pull Atlanta as soon as his contract is up with them.
Marvel vs DC Draft: Wonder Woman|Thor|Ares - DC|Shazam!|Hercules|Loki|Dream of the Endless|Valkyrie|Ares - Marvel
Thunderbolts Draft: Punisher|Black Cat|Moon Knight(as Kraven the Hunter)|Diamondback|Taskmaster|Domino|Nuke|Trickshot |Jolt|Troll

EvilMonkeyPope

Post by EvilMonkeyPope » 29 Mar 2018, 07:28

And now it's gone before I could read it!

tokenBG1009

Post by tokenBG1009 » 29 Mar 2018, 12:18

https://imgur.com/gallery/7ZpcR

Someone was nice enough to throw it on imgur
"Sometimes I do feel like I'm a failure. Like there's no hope for me. But even so, I'm not gonna give up. Ever!" -Izuku Midoriya

Cable

Post by Cable » 29 Mar 2018, 14:05

I wonder what FX's problem with it was? I would find it hard to believe they would think it was too raunchy as FX has been pretty bold. They've had shows with nudity, dropped uncensored F-bombs, and an episode of Its Always Sunny even had Charlie (who is white) flat-out say the N-word. Unless it is the unfair higher standard applied to cartoons in American culture, but even then South Park has gotten away with a lot themselves over on Comedy Central.
Best X-Comic last week: House of X #6
Best non X-Comic last week: Punisher #16

_Rick_

Post by _Rick_ » 30 Mar 2018, 05:12

I might be missing something here but why are we assuming that FX was the one with the problem? Yes, they made the announcement but that means very little. They also included Marvel in the "creative differences" line. How do we know it wasn't Marvel/Disney?

In fact, Glover seems to blame Marvel on that "script". It's very obviously not an actual script considering the part about the cancelation (and current events) so it was written, at least in part, after the decision. Notice that the potshots are pretty much all directed at Marvel/Disney. These parts in particular stand out:
Deadpool: I mean, I get it, maybe they just wanna sell toys. And this style of comedy isn’t it. It’s more ‘ha-ha, but I’m mad.’ I get that.
[...]
What the Marvel stuff I said in it? All I said was Marvel was trying to sell toys to 7-year-old boys and 50-year-old pedophiles. That’s just funny. They’re cool. They get it.
[...]
It just feels like everyone wants something different, but no one wants to do anything different to get it. Doesn’t Marvel have enough feel-good minority shows everyone supports but doesn’t watch? I mean I think our show woulda been funny. I just wanted a place to be honest. And I guess that place is Freeform
Ultimately, Disney does want to sell toys to boys (and some adults). That's the entire reason they bought Marvel (they felt they were doing well with the girl market due to all the Disney Princess stuff but were underperforming with the boys). For that to happen they need to maintain their image as a company that produces entertainment that parents are confortable placing their child in front off without having to check everything beforehand.

Fox doesn't have that "problem" because they don't have the rights to sell the toys, hence why Fox tends to take more chances with their properties. Sometimes those work (Logan and Deadpool) and sometimes they don't (Fantastic Four) but at least they do try to do something different.

So, if someone thought the show might be too edgy, my money would be on Marvel/Disney. In fact this is exactly what many people have been afraid of with the buyout.

Blackcyclops

Post by Blackcyclops » 30 Mar 2018, 12:28

So Netflix shows don’t exist? Lol

Also, there’s a complex relationship here because you got Marvel (which is a separate part), then you got Disney, then you have FX, and then you have Fox proper (who actually have the rights to DP). Any part of that equation could have been unhappy and given that DG has a working relationship with FX, so I think he’s be less likely to want to upset them (he spoke decently of them in his Vanity Fair interview).
Morrison Era 2001-2005, Decimation Era from 2005-2012, Bendis Era 2012-2016, M-Pox era 2016-2017, and Resurrxion 2017-2019, Hickman Era 2019-?

_Rick_

Post by _Rick_ » 30 Mar 2018, 13:20

Netflix shows are quarentined away at Netflix. That degree of separation was the entire reason that partnership was created. It remains to be seen what will happen when the partnership ends. They're also not animation. With notable exceptions, parents still tend to associate animation with suitable for kids, especially if it comes from Disney. Like I said, a big part of Disney's bread and butter is producing shows (with emphasis on animation) that you know you can place your kid in front off without much thought. They worked hard to create that reputation. If/when the Disney/Fox deal comes true, an animation show with a Disney character that isn't suitable for kids would definitely be off brand. They might push the envelope here and there but they won't completely forego that which has worked so well for them in the past.

Also, Glover has a working relation with FX (Atlanta), sure, but that reasoning doesn't stand because he also has a ton of stuff with Marvel/Disney (Spider-Man, Star Wars and Lion King) and he goes hard on them in that script. If anything that only supports my point.

But more importantly, if the problem was really just FX, why would both Glover and FX be out of the project? I just don't understand people's logic to solely blame FX here which is why I asked if I was missing something. Is there some interview that says it was only FX? Surely if it was just FX then they would still be involved and only the Glovers would be out. That's not what happened though. FX is also out which indicated the "creative differences" had FX and Marvel on opposite sides.

Notice that no one is saying that the project is completely dead, only that FX and the Glovers are out, which opens the possibility for Marvel/Disney to still do it without them. Marvel/Disney have the upper hand here. They have the animation rights. They are in the process of acquiring the remaining rights from Fox. They can keep Glover if they want to. If he's out, and not just because he's too busy as initially speculated, it's because Marvel/Disney don't want him on this (at least not enough to let him do what he wants).

EphemeristX

Post by EphemeristX » 30 Mar 2018, 13:27

There's no way Disney even okayed the beginnings of the production of a Deadpool cartoon show (appearing on FX, no less) without the caveat that it'd be raunchy.
http://dancehall-daze.tumblr.com

"Take your baby by the ears
And play upon her darkest fears"

Cable

Post by Cable » 30 Mar 2018, 14:16

_Rick_ wrote:
30 Mar 2018, 13:20
Netflix shows are quarentined away at Netflix. That degree of separation was the entire reason that partnership was created. It remains to be seen what will happen when the partnership ends.
Disney has announced there will be no rated-R content on their own streaming service. I would assume the Netflix stuff stays in quarantine either with Netflix or sent to Hulu.

EphemeristX

Post by EphemeristX » 30 Mar 2018, 15:09

But is Disney still going to have their own streaming service when, if the Fox merger goes through, they'll basically own Hulu? It seems silly to have two, and Hulu is pretty profitable, and it's a host to a wide array of adult content.
http://dancehall-daze.tumblr.com

"Take your baby by the ears
And play upon her darkest fears"

Anna Raven

Post by Anna Raven » 30 Mar 2018, 21:59

Wierdly, it seems like FX objected to an episode about Tay-Tay, at least according to Donald's brother, Stephen. Haters Gonna Hate.

http://comicbook.com/marvel/2018/03/30/ ... ancelled-/
Marvel vs DC Draft: Wonder Woman|Thor|Ares - DC|Shazam!|Hercules|Loki|Dream of the Endless|Valkyrie|Ares - Marvel
Thunderbolts Draft: Punisher|Black Cat|Moon Knight(as Kraven the Hunter)|Diamondback|Taskmaster|Domino|Nuke|Trickshot |Jolt|Troll

das_boot

Post by das_boot » 01 Apr 2018, 10:24

Anna Raven wrote:
30 Mar 2018, 21:59
Wierdly, it seems like FX objected to an episode about Tay-Tay, at least according to Donald's brother, Stephen. Haters Gonna Hate.

http://comicbook.com/marvel/2018/03/30/ ... ancelled-/
Ugh. Taylor swift is the worst. It ruins everything.
ASPIRING WRITERS!

Check out the “Writing Challenges” thread in the Uncanon Mess Hall!

Cable

Post by Cable » 06 Aug 2018, 14:15

In the mystery of what exactly caused the Deadpool Animated Series to get canned, the CEO of FX has flat-out said it was Marvel that pulled the plug
"They didn’t want to do the show that Donald and Stephen [Glover] wrote. We would have done show that Donald and Stephen wrote, but it wasn’t our decision. When Marvel decided not to do that show, we parted company with them as did Donald and Stephen. "

Anna Raven

Post by Anna Raven » 06 Aug 2018, 14:17

Following the James Gunn firing, this seems much more plausible. It took awhile, but it seems like like the fears people originally had about the Mouse-ears being too restrictive and prudish for Marvel may be coming to pass. :(

Blackcyclops

Post by Blackcyclops » 06 Aug 2018, 14:23

Anna Raven wrote:
06 Aug 2018, 14:17
Following the James Gunn firing, this seems much more plausible. It took awhile, but it seems like like the fears people originally had about the Mouse-ears being too restrictive and prudish for Marvel may be coming to pass. :(

Well the Gunn thing would’ve prolly happened at any major company in this current political climate.
Morrison Era 2001-2005, Decimation Era from 2005-2012, Bendis Era 2012-2016, M-Pox era 2016-2017, and Resurrxion 2017-2019, Hickman Era 2019-?

Cable

Post by Cable » 06 Aug 2018, 16:01

Blackcyclops wrote:
06 Aug 2018, 14:23
Anna Raven wrote:
06 Aug 2018, 14:17

Well the Gunn thing would’ve prolly happened at any major company in this current political climate.
I think the Roseanne debacle made it more likely. With her they really got burned for associating themselves with someone who has a history of provocative comments, so why take the chance again with Gunn when there is even more money at stake?