Welcome to unstablemolecules.com, the discussion home for mightyavengers.net, uncanon.com and uncannyxmen.net!

DC Supergirl Show

Did you see the Dr. Strange Movie from the 70's? Me neither, but I'm sure someone did. Come here to talk about Movies and TV
Nu-D

Re: DC Supergirl Show

Post by Nu-D » 23 May 2017, 13:50

She didn't win because she's stronger. She win because she wanted it more. She was fighting 28th the strength of her convictions, and in comics that's what counts.

Blackcyclops

Post by Blackcyclops » 23 May 2017, 15:24

Hard for me to think Kara wanted it more than Clark wanted to stop Zod...but like I said, it's her show so it makes sense. And the fight looked awesome...like almost Lexi Alexander directed good.
I'm Team Remender, Waid, Hickman and Gillen

My X-Men Draft Picks:
Prof. X, Legion, Polaris, Quicksilver, Meggan, Deadpool, Pixie, and Danger

Anna Raven

Post by Anna Raven » 23 May 2017, 16:30

Also, this season has not been really great for me, and I thought I was pretty anti-Mon-El. But when he had to leave the planet I got all misty for some reason... :/
Editorial Draft Results: Rogue | Magneto | Mystique | Sabretooth | Madelyn Prior | Lady Deathstrike | Blink | Peggy Carter | Vanisher | Dead Girl | Jimmy Hudson | Wither | Guardian

Blackcyclops

Post by Blackcyclops » 23 May 2017, 16:56

Anna Raven wrote:
23 May 2017, 16:30
Also, this season has not been really great for me, and I thought I was pretty anti-Mon-El. But when he had to leave the planet I got all misty for some reason... :/
Yeah SG fell to the bottom of the CW-verse to me...with Riverdale at the top, followed by the ridiculousness of LoT, then the much improved Arrow and then the mediocre Flash.

My X-Men Draft Picks:

Nu-D

Post by Nu-D » 23 May 2017, 19:18

Blackcyclops wrote:
23 May 2017, 15:24
Hard for me to think Kara wanted it more than Clark wanted to stop Zod...but like I said, it's her show so it makes sense. And the fight looked awesome...like almost Lexi Alexander directed good.
C'mon man. Everybody knows when you're being mind controlled by a super villain your subconscious resists and stops you from giving it your all.

tokenBG1009

Post by tokenBG1009 » 24 May 2017, 06:42

I only assumed Clark would be stronger because he's absorbed more yellow sun radiation than Kara has. I imagine there are plenty of reasons why she could be stronger though. If we assume a weird MoS/CW mash up maybe it's because Clark was born naturally, I think, and Kara was created through normal Kryptonian means and possibly be a "perfect" Kryptonian.

Also, the lead thing. Yes, they used an amount that wouldn't be lethal to humans. The problem is lead does not get filtered out of our system completely. Introducing more lead into the body, no matter the amount is a bad thing. The lead is also going to stay in the atmosphere which is going to severely screw some newborns over in the future.
A League of Their Own!

I wish I could write fanfiction...

Blackcyclops

Post by Blackcyclops » 24 May 2017, 10:40

Some social scientists argue that lead in our gasoline had a profound effect on a generation of Americans and gbe ADA frowns at just about any amount of lead in our system...so yeah, Kara screwed EVERYBODY

My X-Men Draft Picks:

Nu-D

Post by Nu-D » 24 May 2017, 17:07

Blackcyclops wrote:
24 May 2017, 10:40
Some social scientists argue that lead in our gasoline had a profound effect on a generation of Americans and gbe ADA frowns at just about any amount of lead in our system...so yeah, Kara screwed EVERYBODY
Lead paint may have been a significant contributor to the crime wave of the 1980s and 90s.

sambadaemon

Post by sambadaemon » 24 May 2017, 19:30

Wasn't the post-52 explanation that Kara spent all those years without an atmosphere between her and the sun, so her cellular batteries built up a higher capacity? I think in the show she spent those years in the phantom zone, but it might be a similar explanation.

tokenBG1009

Post by tokenBG1009 » 25 May 2017, 06:28

Nu-D wrote:
24 May 2017, 17:07
Blackcyclops wrote:
24 May 2017, 10:40
Lead paint may have been a significant contributor to the crime wave of the 1980s and 90s.
I remember reading that incidents of road rage dropped significantly once we switched to unleaded gas as well.
A League of Their Own!

EvilMonkeyPope

Post by EvilMonkeyPope » 25 May 2017, 23:07

The most important part of the finale is that Mon-El finally left Earth forever (until he joins the Legion of Super-Heroes in the thirtieth century)! He didn’t exit on a heroic sacrifice aside from giving Supergirl the okay to poison his species away. Mon-El didn’t even claim his responsibility to lead the Daxamite diaspora into an abolitionist age. While it’s good that he didn’t upstage Supergirl in her own show, it also doesn’t validate his flat “redemption” arc. It just reinforced that he was eating up valuable screentime that could’ve gone to better characters.
https://mattthecatania.wordpress.com/20 ... ffhangers/

Nu-D

Post by Nu-D » 26 May 2017, 10:52

Why was Rhea poisoned instantly while all her henchmen had time to teleport away?

Why didn't the DEO put Mon El in a sealed safe room prior to poisoning the atmospgere?

Why did the writers choose lead intead of a fictional chemical?

Blackcyclops

Post by Blackcyclops » 26 May 2017, 11:26

Lead is the weakness of his race from the comics...it's actually a reason why Mon-el was put on stasis (lead poisoning) and released in the 31st century to join the Legion (this was of course done to replace Superboy in the post-COIE continuity...longggggg story).

My X-Men Draft Picks:

WorldWideWade

Post by WorldWideWade » 26 May 2017, 11:44

This season started and ended strong. I won't be super interested in season 3 unless the Legion of Superheroes is heavily involved. They've been teasing them for awhile but I have a feeling it will only be one episode. Looks like Doomsday is safest bet as big bad of next season.
X-Editorial Draft:
Hellions: Emma Frost, Kid Omega, Rockslide, Stepford Cuckoos, Bling!

X-statix starring Deadpool
Producer: Mojo
Cameraman: Doop
Cannon-fodder: Glob Herman, Eye-Boy, Shark-Girl, Goldballs, Ink

Blackcyclops

Post by Blackcyclops » 26 May 2017, 12:01

You sure? They might skip it to avoid too many similarities to BvS

My X-Men Draft Picks:

WorldWideWade

Post by WorldWideWade » 26 May 2017, 13:07

I've seen rumors of Eradicator instead. I would prefer they do Brainiac but it wouldn't live up to the radness of Injustice 2. I hope they resist going for the low hanging fruit of Doomsday or Zod but I guess we'll see. I'm mostly interested in seeing the Legion future which I presume Mon-el was thrown into.
X-Editorial Draft:
Hellions: Emma Frost, Kid Omega, Rockslide, Stepford Cuckoos, Bling!

X-statix starring Deadpool
Producer: Mojo
Cameraman: Doop
Cannon-fodder: Glob Herman, Eye-Boy, Shark-Girl, Goldballs, Ink

sambadaemon

Post by sambadaemon » 26 May 2017, 19:51

An article I found on possible occupants of the pod. I've never heard of a couple of them. http://io9.gizmodo.com/what-villain-is- ... 1795452580

Also, is Cat back? She seemed to be settling back into her office, but I haven't heard anything about Calista Flockhart signing a new contract.

Edit 2: And I just got a chance to read EMP's recap and he had already found that article.

EvilMonkeyPope

Post by EvilMonkeyPope » 10 Oct 2017, 03:38

Does Lena know Kara is Supergirl or not? It seemed to change from scene to scene.

Anna Raven

Post by Anna Raven » 10 Oct 2017, 04:58

EvilMonkeyPope wrote:
10 Oct 2017, 03:38
Does Lena know Kara is Supergirl or not? It seemed to change from scene to scene.
I just figure they all know she's Supergirl and are just humoring her. Kind of like when The Rock played Superman on SNL.
Editorial Draft Results: Rogue | Magneto | Mystique | Sabretooth | Madelyn Prior | Lady Deathstrike | Blink | Peggy Carter | Vanisher | Dead Girl | Jimmy Hudson | Wither | Guardian

Nu-D

Post by Nu-D » 10 Oct 2017, 21:44

EvilMonkeyPope wrote:
10 Oct 2017, 03:38
It has not been confirmed officially that she knows, but there have been plenty of knowing glances.

EvilMonkeyPope

Post by EvilMonkeyPope » 16 Oct 2017, 21:33

I’d cut sulky Supergirl some slack if I cared for her romance with Mon-El & it wasn’t obvious he’d return.
https://mattthecatania.wordpress.com/20 ... last-week/

tokenBG1009

Post by tokenBG1009 » 17 Oct 2017, 09:23

Dear sweet lord don't let Mon-El return. The same with M'Gan.

Which sucks, because I LIKED M'Gan. I just hated what they did to her.
A League of Their Own!

Nu-D

Post by Nu-D » 17 Oct 2017, 11:23

I hate mopey Supergirl. A lot. She better get over it fast.

EvilMonkeyPope

Post by EvilMonkeyPope » 08 Dec 2017, 23:53

Dear Supergirl writers: You can’t just have characters say “I’ve never had a best friend like you, Sam,” or “Lena, literally everyone can see you & James have chemistry” & expect us to believe it. I know this show doesn’t know what to do with James after screwing him over for Mon-El, but this is a blatantly terrible pairing of spares. The timing is especially bad when it airs the same day The New York Times profiles SuperCorp as one of the most beloved ‘ships.
https://mattthecatania.wordpress.com/20 ... e-low-key/

EvilMonkeyPope

Post by EvilMonkeyPope » 16 Jan 2018, 11:01

If your Legion Of SuperHeroes is wearing all black & only has three members, you’re doing it wrong