Welcome to unstablemolecules.com, the discussion home for mightyavengers.net, uncanon.com and uncannyxmen.net!

DC Supergirl Show

Did you see the Dr. Strange Movie from the 70's? Me neither, but I'm sure someone did. Come here to talk about Movies and TV
User avatar
Nu-D
Posts: 2104
Joined: 18 Dec 2013, 00:22
Location: Durham, NC
Contact:

Re: DC Supergirl Show

Post by Nu-D » 10 Jan 2017, 17:24

Sick in bed today, and really annoyed that CW hasn't posted last night's episode online yet.

User avatar
Anna Raven
Posts: 3881
Joined: 28 Jun 2007, 22:53

Re: DC Supergirl Show

Post by Anna Raven » 10 Jan 2017, 17:28

Nu-D wrote:Sick in bed today, and really annoyed that CW hasn't posted last night's episode online yet.
Last night's was a rerun. It was the final episode before the break.
Editorial Draft Results: Rogue | Magneto | Mystique | Sabretooth | Madelyn Prior | Lady Deathstrike | Blink | Peggy Carter | Vanisher | Dead Girl | Jimmy Hudson | Wither | Guardian

User avatar
Nu-D
Posts: 2104
Joined: 18 Dec 2013, 00:22
Location: Durham, NC
Contact:

Re: DC Supergirl Show

Post by Nu-D » 10 Jan 2017, 17:39

Even worse. I was hoping for something new to watch.

Any suggestions for a torrent site to dig up the first season of Arrow? KAT and Pirate Bay were both dead last time I checked.

User avatar
Blackcyclops
Posts: 17667
Joined: 12 Apr 2007, 21:03

Re: DC Supergirl Show

Post by Blackcyclops » 10 Jan 2017, 18:20

Nu-D wrote:Even worse. I was hoping for something new to watch.

Any suggestions for a torrent site to dig up the first season of Arrow? KAT and Pirate Bay were both dead last time I checked.

Prolly should as in PM, illegal downloading isn't viewed positively by all.

I just watch it on Netflix...the Netflix, Hulu, Prime trifecta is the best thing for me (totally cheaper than Cable) and it covers the Networks I watch (CW, Fox, HBO, Stars, AMC and FX)
I'm Team Remender, Waid, Hickman and Gillen

My X-Men Draft Picks:
Prof. X, Legion, Polaris, Quicksilver, Meggan, Deadpool, Pixie, and Danger

User avatar
Nu-D
Posts: 2104
Joined: 18 Dec 2013, 00:22
Location: Durham, NC
Contact:

Re: DC Supergirl Show

Post by Nu-D » 10 Jan 2017, 18:31

Blackcyclops wrote:
Nu-D wrote:Even worse. I was hoping for something new to watch.

Any suggestions for a torrent site to dig up the first season of Arrow? KAT and Pirate Bay were both dead last time I checked.

Prolly should as in PM, illegal downloading isn't viewed positively by all.

I just watch it on Netflix...the Netflix, Hulu, Prime trifecta is the best thing for me (totally cheaper than Cable) and it covers the Networks I watch (CW, Fox, HBO, Stars, AMC and FX)
Generally I make do with the free, lawful offerings. But I've been in bed sick for too many hours, and could use a little extra entertainment. Maybe netflix still has the free-month promo.

User avatar
Blackcyclops
Posts: 17667
Joined: 12 Apr 2007, 21:03

Re: DC Supergirl Show

Post by Blackcyclops » 10 Jan 2017, 19:26

Make up new email addresses LOL...Hulu used to have it but since WB and Netflix signed a deal they took it off (which sucks LOL)
I'm Team Remender, Waid, Hickman and Gillen

My X-Men Draft Picks:
Prof. X, Legion, Polaris, Quicksilver, Meggan, Deadpool, Pixie, and Danger

User avatar
Cable
Posts: 3796
Joined: 07 Apr 2007, 18:31
Location: Pennsylvania
Contact:

Re: DC Supergirl Show

Post by Cable » 10 Jan 2017, 20:42

It is maddening to me that Netflix has Walking Dead but Hulu has Fear the Walking Dead
Rank your favorite characters in the X-Men Character Sorter! Share your results!

"If life were a picnic, you'd be a family. Since life is war, you're soldiers. You'd do well to start accepting that fact."--Nathan Summers

User avatar
Nu-D
Posts: 2104
Joined: 18 Dec 2013, 00:22
Location: Durham, NC
Contact:

Re: DC Supergirl Show

Post by Nu-D » 10 Jan 2017, 21:42

Blackcyclops wrote:Make up new email addresses LOL...Hulu used to have it but since WB and Netflix signed a deal they took it off (which sucks LOL)
Hey, it worked! Time to catch up on Season 2 of Flash, which I missed.

Hulu doesn't have anything free anymore.

User avatar
EvilMonkeyPope
Posts: 5212
Joined: 07 Apr 2007, 22:07
Contact:

Re: DC Supergirl Show

Post by EvilMonkeyPope » 21 Feb 2017, 22:58

How can I make a TV show say its name backwards? https://mattthecatania.wordpress.com/20 ... equitable/

User avatar
Nu-D
Posts: 2104
Joined: 18 Dec 2013, 00:22
Location: Durham, NC
Contact:

Re: DC Supergirl Show

Post by Nu-D » 25 Apr 2017, 15:55

First new episode in a month. Pretty good. Am I supposed to recognize the villain, or is s/he a new character?

With only two episodes left to the season, it's hard to see where the big arc is going.

User avatar
Anna Raven
Posts: 3881
Joined: 28 Jun 2007, 22:53

Re: DC Supergirl Show

Post by Anna Raven » 25 Apr 2017, 16:17

New character I believe.

I liked the episode too, but I'm with you this whole season has felt aimless. I think the show misses Max Lord as sort of the sinister presence on the show. They tried to replace him with Mama Luthor it seems, but she lacks the charisma of Lord, or the sense that she's reasonable enough that they could work with her every once in a while if the circumstances were dire enough.
Editorial Draft Results: Rogue | Magneto | Mystique | Sabretooth | Madelyn Prior | Lady Deathstrike | Blink | Peggy Carter | Vanisher | Dead Girl | Jimmy Hudson | Wither | Guardian

User avatar
Nu-D
Posts: 2104
Joined: 18 Dec 2013, 00:22
Location: Durham, NC
Contact:

Re: DC Supergirl Show

Post by Nu-D » 25 Apr 2017, 16:45

I do really like Lena Luthor, though at this point I won't accept her being a bad guy or morally ambiguous. I can accept her being misled or duped into villainy up until Kara or Supes corrects her. But they've left no grey area for her to be an antagonist--she's now fully in the ally camp.

User avatar
Anna Raven
Posts: 3881
Joined: 28 Jun 2007, 22:53

Re: DC Supergirl Show

Post by Anna Raven » 25 Apr 2017, 17:11

Nu-D wrote:
25 Apr 2017, 16:45
I do really like Lena Luthor, though at this point I won't accept her being a bad guy or morally ambiguous. I can accept her being misled or duped into villainy up until Kara or Supes corrects her. But they've left no grey area for her to be an antagonist--she's now fully in the ally camp.
I'm worried they are going to do to her the exact same thing they did with the actress' character as Morgana in Merlin. Torture her until she has no choice but to become evil.
Editorial Draft Results: Rogue | Magneto | Mystique | Sabretooth | Madelyn Prior | Lady Deathstrike | Blink | Peggy Carter | Vanisher | Dead Girl | Jimmy Hudson | Wither | Guardian

User avatar
Nu-D
Posts: 2104
Joined: 18 Dec 2013, 00:22
Location: Durham, NC
Contact:

Re: DC Supergirl Show

Post by Nu-D » 25 Apr 2017, 17:14

Anna Raven wrote:
25 Apr 2017, 17:11
Nu-D wrote:
25 Apr 2017, 16:45
I do really like Lena Luthor, though at this point I won't accept her being a bad guy or morally ambiguous. I can accept her being misled or duped into villainy up until Kara or Supes corrects her. But they've left no grey area for her to be an antagonist--she's now fully in the ally camp.
I'm worried they are going to do to her the exact same thing they did with the actress' character as Morgana in Merlin. Torture her until she has no choice but to become evil.
I feel like the dialogue at the end of this episode was intentionally setting up a situation where Kara is forced to break her promise to Lena, and it's treated like some great betrayal, allowing Lena to go bad. I really hope they don't go such an obvious route.

User avatar
Anna Raven
Posts: 3881
Joined: 28 Jun 2007, 22:53

Re: DC Supergirl Show

Post by Anna Raven » 25 Apr 2017, 19:22

Nu-D wrote:
25 Apr 2017, 17:14
Anna Raven wrote:
25 Apr 2017, 17:11
Nu-D wrote:
25 Apr 2017, 16:45
I do really like Lena Luthor, though at this point I won't accept her being a bad guy or morally ambiguous. I can accept her being misled or duped into villainy up until Kara or Supes corrects her. But they've left no grey area for her to be an antagonist--she's now fully in the ally camp.
I'm worried they are going to do to her the exact same thing they did with the actress' character as Morgana in Merlin. Torture her until she has no choice but to become evil.
I feel like the dialogue at the end of this episode was intentionally setting up a situation where Kara is forced to break her promise to Lena, and it's treated like some great betrayal, allowing Lena to go bad. I really hope they don't go such an obvious route.
My exact thoughts.
Editorial Draft Results: Rogue | Magneto | Mystique | Sabretooth | Madelyn Prior | Lady Deathstrike | Blink | Peggy Carter | Vanisher | Dead Girl | Jimmy Hudson | Wither | Guardian

User avatar
EvilMonkeyPope
Posts: 5212
Joined: 07 Apr 2007, 22:07
Contact:

Re: DC Supergirl Show

Post by EvilMonkeyPope » 25 Apr 2017, 22:03

Biomax is an obscure villain from The Power Company.

User avatar
Nu-D
Posts: 2104
Joined: 18 Dec 2013, 00:22
Location: Durham, NC
Contact:

Re: DC Supergirl Show

Post by Nu-D » 26 Apr 2017, 01:14

Weird coincidence that the villain in SG was similar to the bad guy in Doctor Who this week, with a collective of flying nanobots.

User avatar
tokenBG1009
Posts: 4668
Joined: 19 Jun 2007, 20:34

Re: DC Supergirl Show

Post by tokenBG1009 » 26 Apr 2017, 12:05

Watching iZombie, I immediately knew the gist of how this episode would end. The Biomax guy is one of the main characters in iZombie.
A League of Their Own!

I wish I could write fanfiction...

User avatar
EvilMonkeyPope
Posts: 5212
Joined: 07 Apr 2007, 22:07
Contact:

Re: DC Supergirl Show

Post by EvilMonkeyPope » 28 Apr 2017, 23:28

It feels like I’ve despised every episode of Supergirl since “Luthors,” but “Ace Reporter” broke that streak by focusing on Lena Luthor again. https://mattthecatania.wordpress.com/20 ... -run-week/

User avatar
EvilMonkeyPope
Posts: 5212
Joined: 07 Apr 2007, 22:07
Contact:

Re: DC Supergirl Show

Post by EvilMonkeyPope » 04 May 2017, 21:02

Rhea basically says “I was betrayed when my son ran off with a trollop. Since you betrayed your own stepmother, you should go into business with me as my surrogate replacement child!” After being emotionally manipulated by Lillian Luthor repeatedly this season, Lena still agrees to go into business with someone who admits they’re duplicitous & resents their kid’s choices too? I’m really worried that the series is going to use the fallout from this dumb decision to force Lena into villainy next season. https://mattthecatania.wordpress.com/20 ... acks-axes/

User avatar
Nu-D
Posts: 2104
Joined: 18 Dec 2013, 00:22
Location: Durham, NC
Contact:

Re: DC Supergirl Show

Post by Nu-D » 06 May 2017, 01:51

EvilMonkeyPope wrote:
04 May 2017, 21:02
I’m really worried that the series is going to use the fallout from this dumb decision to force Lena into villainy next season.
+1


sambadaemon
Posts: 373
Joined: 08 Apr 2011, 10:30

Re: DC Supergirl Show

Post by sambadaemon » 22 May 2017, 14:19

So, Lena definitely knows Kara is Supergirl, right? She's just waiting on her to say something. It never crossed M'onel's mind that she hadn't figured out he was "Mike".

User avatar
Blackcyclops
Posts: 17667
Joined: 12 Apr 2007, 21:03

Re: DC Supergirl Show

Post by Blackcyclops » 23 May 2017, 10:17

Thoughts on the finale? I guess it makes sense that Kara beat Clark since it's her show but they always play up Clark as being stronger.
I'm Team Remender, Waid, Hickman and Gillen

My X-Men Draft Picks:
Prof. X, Legion, Polaris, Quicksilver, Meggan, Deadpool, Pixie, and Danger

User avatar
Anna Raven
Posts: 3881
Joined: 28 Jun 2007, 22:53

Re: DC Supergirl Show

Post by Anna Raven » 23 May 2017, 13:40

I think Post-Crisis Supergirl was supposed to be stronger than Superman, or at least going back to the Michael Turner/Jeph Loeb version she was stronger. I have no idea about New 52.
Editorial Draft Results: Rogue | Magneto | Mystique | Sabretooth | Madelyn Prior | Lady Deathstrike | Blink | Peggy Carter | Vanisher | Dead Girl | Jimmy Hudson | Wither | Guardian

Post Reply